Reappearance

By lovejoon

How long a relationship is doesn't define the strength, if there's no loyalty and trust, it won't last long... More

REAPPEARANCE
REAPPEARANCE OST
PROLOGUE: First Step to the Future
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Author's Note
EPILOGUE: Our Future

Chapter Thirty-Nine

696 42 39
By lovejoon

Sojung was sitting on the passenger sit next to Seokjin who was focusing on the road, as she stared at her journal. The black and white daisy pattern on the cover book looked out of place. She pulled it towards her and flicked over the pages, each entry tugging at her nerves as she remembered so many sleepless nights she pulled on whenever she cannot stop getting an image out of her head. Every image contained so many moves and words that she'd like to hear every day, every morning, those will be the first thing she hears. Baby.

"Sowon?" Seokjin called out to her. As Sojung turned, she saw Seokjin stealing glances to her, shifting his gaze from the road to her face.

"What are you daydreaming about?" he chuckled, as he brought his hand near her face and pinched her right cheek gently.

His touch made her smiling enthusiastically as she gripped his wrist and placed a soft kiss on his knuckles.

"I'm excited," she said through her smile.

"It has always been a dream for me to go to a fun place with you. You know, a fun place would be extra fun when you're by my side," she added, staring at his perfect side profile that soon she saw a smirk was slowly forming up in the corner of his lips.

"But life is fun, isn't it?" he smirked.

"If you promise to always stay with me then yes, I can guarantee life is very fun," Sojung chuckled.

"I can guarantee that I won't leave you. Ever," he said in a soft tone, before intertwining his fingers with Sojung's and squished it gently. A slow smile worked its way across Sojung's face as she looked up and stared at his face, "Ever?" she asked.

"Ever. Forever. Ever after," he said before bringing her knuckles near his lips and planted long and soft kisses all over the back of her hand.

...

The first thing they noticed as soon as they stepped out of the car was the breeze crashing down on them like a block of ice. Sojung's lips were starting to tremble as she hugged herself although the thick sweater she was wearing was enough for her to endure the coldness. Right, whose idea was it to go to an amusement park in the middle of winter?

Still, this was the only day they could and had to visit the park, since in a few days after this they will be flying to Hong Kong for an award. As they approached the gate, they could see people staring at them with their phones shoved to their faces but thankfully, there were a quite number of bodyguards that would protect them from any danger.

"Sowon! That's so pretty! Look at that!" Seokjin squealed as soon as he walked up the huge gate that would lead to the ticket counters. Sojung looked up and saw some glittery winter decorations hanging on the trees and the poles around the area.

"Like me?" she pointed at herself with a cheeky smile on her face.

"No, those are prettier," he said, and moved his eye contact away from her eyes that was staring to his. Sojung pouted and groaned madly, thumping her feet on the ground like a child as she let go of the grip from Seokjin's hand.

"Where are you going?!" he shouted when he realised Sojung was already a few feet away from him. Sojung didn't even turn around, instead she kept walking to the ticket counters without looking back. Seokjin chuckled at her childish moves—which he thought was very cute, before began jogging to her and soon closed the distance between both of them.

Sojung was startled with the sudden warm embrace around her body coming from her back. Her face frowned as she glanced over her shoulder and saw Seokjin's bubbly smile that made his chubby cheeks came to view as he put his chin resting on Sojung's right shoulder.

"What are you doing?" she asked, frowning at his sudden move.

"I was just joking! You're prettier than them, no doubt. But you can't beat me, that's one thing you should know," he said, before bursting out laughing and successfully brought a broad smile on Sojung's face.

"Stop yourself, there are half of the world's population in here. Everybody's looking at us," she said in a slow tone when she felt eyes were on them, taking his hands away from her waist in an embarrassment.

Seokjin took his hands away from her waist immediately before putting it across Sojung's shoulders, and continued walking that way. They could hear screams that turned out in a sibilant hum as the thick clanking of rides moving, the shuddering of rails and tracks were overtaking the environment. Seokjin paid their entrance tickets and took in the courtyard with its souvenir shops and concession stands around the area. The bright happy colour caught Sojung's attention as she pulled Seokjin's hand and walked up to the souvenir shop on their left.

"Seokjin! Let's go there," she commanded, and Seokjin followed her lead. Her eyes landed on the different faces of teddy bears, different prints on soft pillows, cute beanies and other things that were too many to focus on one by one.

"Sowon, this will look cute on you," Seokjin said and Sojung turned around immediately. He shoved the fake glasses with big nose in an instant as she turned around, to her face.

Seokjin burst out laughing as he looked at Sojung's face that looked funnier than he thought.

"Wh—Jungkook! Why did you follow me here!" he said laughingly. She slapped his arms playfully as she chuckled before taking the glasses off of her face.

"I miss Jungkook," he said slowly as his laugh subsided.

"Buy something for him then," she suggested. Seokjin gasped when he thought about his members who might be whining for six months if he didn't buy anything for them. He walked towards the teddy bears section but soon stopped when he saw plush toys for pets caught his attention. His eyes were sparkling as he stared down the toys, as the thought of his members had completely diminished from his mind and Jjanggu was running around in his mind instead.

He picked the cutest he could find and walked over to Sojung who had two animal hats in her hand.

"I'll pay for these," she said and Seokjin felt a wash of happiness when he heard the sentence that he never thought he'd hear.

With an animal hat on his head, he pulled out a map out of Sojung's backpack and opened it, making plans on where to go first.

"Let's start it rough and harsh. This rollercoaster right here, Atlantis," Seokjin pointed to it on the map in his hand.

"No! Save the best for the last," she whined.

"I thought you have already saved the best ride for the last?" he asked, confusion was clear on his face.

"What are you talking about?" Sojung snorted.

"Me," he answered short. Sojung's face turned to be a frown in an instant before rolling her eyes to the back of her head and Seokjin laughing his head off.

"But I am saving the best for the last, though?" he raised his eyebrows as he moved his gaze to her face.

"No, you're not. You're literally suggesting to ride the Atlantis first. And. . . .yourself," Sojung frowned.

"Excuse me? I'm saving the best for the last, okay. It's food. We'll end our day with eating," he said.

Sojung chuckled at his silly statement as she pinched his nose softly. The discussion continued as they stood there for what felt like had been almost ten minutes, just deciding which ride to go on first.

"Gyro Swing then," Seokjin said and immediately made their way to the ride. But the journey there didn't turn out as what they were expecting.

"You're so frustrating! Why did you pick the one that is located like five hundred miles from where we were! I'm so tired," she said through her heavy breath as she panted heavily as if she just ran around Seoul for three times straight.

"Are you tired, baby? Come here, get on my back," he said before crouching down and waited for her to jump on his back.

"What? No way, I'm not five. You're walking too, I can't do that," she refused. Seokjin glanced over his shoulder and saw her face was starting to frown. He knew she didn't want him to get hurt and gained all the tiredness from her, and Seokjin cannot help but felt warmed by her concern move.

"Are you sure?" he straightened his back and looked at her.

"Yes, I am sure. I can still walk. Come on, Seokjin!" she cheered cheerfully as she intertwined her fingers with his and pulled his hand, following her lead. Seokjin's face was painted with a wide smile that seemed like he was smiling up until his ears. They kept walking while hugging each other's arms and they felt a wash of warmth throughout their body as they enjoyed the view of trees with no leaves but drops of snow covering the branches.

They felt an instant adrenaline rush throughout their body as the ride moved upwards slowly. Their ears started to hypnotized by the clicking of the gears while, they watched themselves climb higher and higher. Dramatically, the ride swung to the right in an instant and Sojung screamed her heart out as she felt a rumbling as gravity ripped the ride apart, the cold wind was slapping their faces as it would if she put her head out of the car that was moving in full speed.

"Seokjin! I'm scared! This is terrifying!" she screamed as the excitement consumed her as she felt the sling shot of velocity every drop she took. Little did she know, Seokjin was also screaming his heart out that he couldn't hear anything, other than his own screams as his eyes were tight shut. The ride lasted longer than they thought it would be.

Seokjin stepped out of the seats and walked with his hand pressing against his head. It felt like it was spinning around, he couldn't even think straight. He felt his body was still in motion, while his brain adjusted himself that was still feeling the adrenaline flowing fast.

"Seokjin, are you okay?" Sojung grabbed him by his wrist and glanced at his face. Surprisingly, Sojung was the one who wasn't too effected by the ride.

"I. . .uh, I feel like dying," he groaned, as he rested his hand on the wall. Sojung chuckled at his after effects from the ride. She snaked her hand out of her pockets and pressed her palm against Seokjin's red cheek, and brushing it slowly with her thumb. He could feel his breath slowing down and his mind was starting to connect its brain cells normally again when he felt the soft warm touch from her.

"It's okay. Do you want water? I have one with me. Wait a second," she said before taking off her backpack and pulled open the zip, taking a bottle of mineral water and handed it to him.

"Here you go. Poor my baby Kim Seokjin," she giggled.

A slow smile was working its way across Seokjin's face before he took a sip of the water and let it flowed down through his throat. He cleared his throat,

"Thank you. Gosh, I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here," he chuckled nervously.

There was sympathy or pity but it was tinged with something else she couldn't quite place. Dizziness, or maybe frustration, maybe, at having his time wasted with her, does he even have feelings for me?

"I want to go home," she could almost hear him saying it. No matter how romantic they had been spending their whole day was, she was still doubting whether the way he showed his love to her was real or fake. Maybe it was fake, maybe it really was for the sake of saving the show. They can't be real, can't they?

"Come on," his grip on her wrist took her back to reality from the thoughts that had taken her away from where she was standing. She nodded and followed his footsteps behind.

...

Sojung was finding it difficult not to stare. He looked like a top movie star who had been roughed up for an art-house film role. He also had that aura of playing as a Prince Charming, but can she be his Princess? But more questions? She wasn't sure she could stand any more, the disbelieving looks.

"He's so handsome," she said under his breath. To her surprise, Seokjin glanced up from the waffles and looked at her eyes.

"What?" he asked, his eyes widened. Her eyes twitched out of nervousness when she realised that Seokjin noticed how she was talking to herself.

"What? Oh. No, nothing," she giggled nervously before taking the bottle of chocolate syrup and spreading it around the waffles.

"Yeah, right? Stop lying, I saw you saying something just now," he put his fork down and cupped his face with his hand as he stared deeply into Sojung's eyes.

She tried to avoid eye contacts, flinching back and forth trying to find a way she could avoid the question.

"Go ahead, tell me. Husband and wife shouldn't keep a secret from each other you know," he said, as he leaned forward and now they were so close to each other that Sojung couldn't even avoid any eye contacts anymore. His shining and sparkling eyes were almost like a flashlight that would caught her attention no matter how hard she tried to avoid it.

Sojung could hear herself answering but her brain was aching with the weight of each bizzare inquiry. She heaved a long sigh, and slowly glanced up to look at him.

"I. . .said you look very handsome that I can't take my eyes off of you. I mean like, oh my god? How can my husband looks so handsome while not doing anything? He was pouring syrups on his waffles but he looked like a Prince Charming and I have never felt so honoured that I am married to such man. A very kind, down to earth and polite man with such a beautiful face. . . .I can say that I am the luckiest girl in the world. Aren't I, babe?" she said everything that she had been keeping in her heart as she was staring at him awhile ago.

Seokjin snorted, before bursting out laughing and leaned forward, closer, as his laugh subsided and their eyes were probably less than an inch from each other. He stared at her beautiful eyes that seemed like they were expressing love, passion and happiness in her little slits of her cornea. Sojung thought he would leaned to kiss her lips, but he moved his head up and planted a soft and long kiss on her temple, before letting it go and planted another soft kiss on both of her cheeks.

Sojung felt her face reddened and her cheeks blushed, with her ears felt there were a flood of heat covering them. She tried to stop herself but she couldn't, and an obvious proud and shy smile was slowly forming up in the corners of her lips. She buried her face in her hands, embarrassed but at the same time the wash of happiness she was feeling was extravagant. He kissed me three times at a time! Is this a dream!

"Why are you getting shy? It's not like we haven't done this right? I mean. . . .we have done something a lot more than a simple kiss on the cheeks so—,"

"Seokjin!" she squealed in embarrassment as she hit his arms playfully and Seokjin lifted his head to the back, laughing his head off.

"You should stop saying those things in public. It's our secret and privacy, okay? You're embarrassing me," she said, shoving a small slice of waffles into her mouth.

"Before you say anything else," he leaned forward.

"Make sure you keep your mouth cleaned first," he kissed the corner of her lips to wipe the excess of chocolate syrup from the waffles that she was chewing. Sojung was startled with the sudden kiss he planted just as near as her lips, if she titled her head even just a bit, their lips would've touched already. She could feel her heart beating out of her chest, and his breath getting heavier and a whole zoo of butterflies were permanently placing its place on her stomach.

"Your handsome husband just wiped your syrup with a kiss. If I were you, I'd tell the entire world about it. Might as well writing a blog about the wiping process only," he chuckled.

...

Despite the winter season coming around, the sun casted its own golden rays down upon the gloomy sky of billowing dust, turning them bright red. Sojung stood watching the line where heaven and earth touched. Her wide eyes witnessed the resounding glowing collision. Seokjin snaked his hand around Sojung's shoulder and made her head resting itself on his shoulder. She suddenly felt so small being closer to his broad shoulder, and she saw how their shadows slowly shrinking towards her feet.

"Seokjin," she called out, her eyes focused on the sky still.

"Yeah?" she glanced up and looked at Seokjin, who soon glanced down and looked at her face.

"I want to see the fireworks," she pouted. Seokjin glanced down his watch, and shifted his gaze from the watch to Sojung's face.

"It's in ten minutes," he answered.

The silence between them was comfortably quiet. The poles and trees were decorated by shining and sparkling early Christmas decorations, as the light poles gave a bright source of light that made the whole park seemed more lively. More people were walking passing by them, some had stole glances to them, some didn't even realise they were there. Although the cameras were surrounding them, and a lot of staffs sitting at the back of the cameras, the situation somehow made it felt real.

The atmosphere, the distance that had no longer exist between them, the sweet talks and the skin contacts, everything felt real and. . . .old. By old, it's meant like the history had been kind of repeating itself. It felt just like the old times, when they went to a small amusement park near their neighbourhood, and sat on a bench just like this, talking and predicting about the unpredictable future that little did the teenagers know how much of a mess their future would turn out. Seokjin tightened his grip on Sojung's arm when the sudden loud sound of banging and explosion coming from the fireworks startled him.

"You were surprised!" she chuckled through the soft air of brittle cold. The situation went quite again, the winter breeze brushed against their skin so gentle and soft as if someone was brushing their skin with feathers. Sojung clapped her hands excitedly as she watched the different pattern and colour of fireworks exploded in the dark sky.

"Aren't they beautiful!" she pointed to the sky with a wide smile on her face.

"Yeah, very beautiful," he answered, but it was obvious that the fireworks weren't the one he was talking about. He glanced down to Sojung's face, and eyes, which were still staring on the fireworks exploding.

You're so beautiful yet so fragile, Kim Sojung. I'm afraid of you, and afraid of us. Will we repeat the history or will the history repeat itself? I'm so sick of the same old love, Sojung. But that same old love is the reason why I'm desperate for you. But you don't know how I feel, and it's not like I want you to know anyway. I don't know if I can put my trust on you. I'm sorry I can't treat you better. Maybe he was more than who I am. I'm sorry this is all I can do for you. I hope it's enough to bring joy and happiness to you. I'm sorry.

"Seokjin," her voice broke him from his thoughts. His blurry vision soon turned clear and focused on Sojung who were staring up at him, before straightened her back and turned to her side to look at him in the eyes.

"Thank you for today," she said, her voice was soft and full of emotion.

Seokjin smiled and brushed his hand through her hair.

"I do this because I love you. I don't know when will we get the opportunity to go out just the two of us like this again. Probably never," he said through his small smile. Sojung stared down those lips, that had a small but sweet smile painted on it, and she can't help to let her desire took over herself.

Sojung moved her head closer to him. He sat frozen, facing her, from both fear and excitement. She leaned in, so their foreheads rested against each other.

"Thank you," she said that almost came out as a whisper.

"For what now?" he said in his low and husky voice, staring at her lips while shifting his gaze back into her eyes.

"For being you," her voice wavered, exhilarated from the tension between them. Before Seokjin could say a word, Sojung leaned forward and planted a kiss on Seokjin's soft and plump lips. Sojung pulled apart and took a shaky, unstable breath as she felt like her head was going to burst with her heart was about to jump out of her chest. Seokjin felt an adrenaline rush once again, he didn't think he was able to control himself since he also had a desire for her, Seokjin cupped her face in his hand and pulled her into a fiery and passionate kiss.

She knew he didn't love her back, and he knew he cannot love her back, but he couldn't resist. He leaned a little closer, titling his head to the side to deepen the kiss. Seokjin wanted to pull himself away but he seemed to immersed in the demanding kiss that he forgot about the cameras all around him or the people that were passing by them. In this moment, his senses had already been seduced by her soft lips and he can no longer think straight.

The thought of them having their very first kiss back in the days at an amusement park they once went to together. Ironically, their second first kiss, happened in an amusement park again.

I guess this is what Namjoon was saying about fate. Is this it?

Things escalated very quickly, there they were. Sitting next to each other on a bench in an amusement park, kissing with passion in between the sound of explosion of fireworks, snowflakes falling as if they were in slow motion. This is Kim Sojung. The taste of her lips still remain the same.

You're mine.

■■■

w o w i hope you liked this chapter and a bad news, i think any further updates will take approx. a week or two because my trials is. . .next month lol AND thanks for 6k reads wtf this is amazing???? i love all of u im cri

leave a vote, comment and share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 2.4K 18
Kim Seokjin and Kim Taehyung have grown up together along with other friends. A bond has been felt between them for years and they know deep down, th...
202K 10.8K 41
Highest Ranking in FF as of; 12/25/17 - #254 Date Started: October 20, 2017 Date Ended: April 26, 2018 "This is so weird," Namjoon chortles. "We all...
89.2K 5.4K 33
HR #759 [ Warning: Not edited. You will find lot of errors and mistakes. ] ❝Falling in love is like sleeping... We slowly fall asleep bit by bit and...
563K 30K 47
COMPLETED "I love you." "But you're married." A KookJin/JinKook FanFic 1 - Jungkook (082521) 1- Jin (082521) 1 - JinKook (03072020) 2 - seokjin (0522...