You Never Know (Harry Styles)

By HarrysLadyx

But darling, You will Never Know what freedom feels like until you are, in fact, free. More

Ch 1: Hendall
Ch 2: Beginning
Ch 3: "Don't let go."
Ch 4: Ow.
Ch 5: Contest
Ch 6: Tomorrow
Ch 7: Look
Ch 8: Half a Heart
Ch 9: Adored
Ch 10: Escape
Ch 11: Happiness
Ch 12: Lights Camera Action!
Ch 13: Pictures
Ch 14: Rose
Ch 15: Shattered
Ch 16: Divulge
Ch 17: Embrace
Ch 18: Emptiness
Ch 19: Fame
Ch 20: Dark
Ch 21: Panic
Ch 22: Fire
Ch 23: Rage
Ch 24: Imagine
Ch 25: May or May Not
Ch 26: Safe
Ch 27: Goodnight
Ch 28: Redeem
Ch 29: Unpredictable
Ch 30: Guilt
Ch 31: Truth
Ch 32: First Time
Ch 33: Unseen
Ch 34: You
Ch 35: Pass
Ch 36: H & N
Ch 37: B
Ch 38: We're Worth It
Ch 40: Spell
Ch 41: Revive
Ch 42: Team
Ch 43: One Day
Ch 44: Spill
Ch 45: Princess
Ch 46: Collapse
Ch 47: Too-da-loo!
Ch 48: Scars
Ch 49: Proposal
Ch 50: Barbie
Ch 51: Greetings
Ch 52: Same Mistakes
Ch 53: Surprise
Ch 54: Run Free
Ch 55: Man Down
Ch 56: Innocent Little You
Ch 57: Saved
Ch 58: Beach Please
Ch 59: Babydoll
Ch 60: Shhh
Ch 61: Blondie
Ch 62: Save You Tonight
Ch 63: No We're Not
Ch 64: Hidden
Ch 65: Promises
Ch 66: Bandaids
Ch 67: Glued
Chapter 68: Distance
Update
Update
Continuing SOON

Ch 39: Tricks

28.1K 525 368
By HarrysLadyx

Harry's POV

"Good morning to you, too," I laugh after she removes her lips from mine.

I notice her eyelashes are wet, and my mind immediately jumps to the conclusion. She knows I didn't tell her the entire truth about yesterday.

Heather stands up and walks into the room where Niall is sleeping, shutting the door behind her.

"What's wrong, love?" I ask as I grab her waist and pull her closer to me.

Her eyes dart to the side, but then she forces them to stare back into mine.

"I thought you had feelings for Kendall," she says so softly that I almost don't hear her.

"You saw the dressing room pictures, didn't you," I mumble, embarrassed that I didn't tell her yesterday.

"Yes, but that wasn't what really bothered me. I'm guessing you haven't seen." Her eyes begin to fill with tears, and it seems like this is the hundredth time I have seen her in this state. Every single day she is crying because of something I did. This is a toxic relationship for her; I am the poison.

"Shh," I try to comfort her. "What else was there, love?"

A strand of blonde hair covers her right eye, so I take it and tuck it behind her ear. A small tear falls during the movement and I can feel a piece of me falling, too.

"I don't want you to be hurt," she answers blandly, looking away.

"Kendall cannot hurt me. I don't feel for her like that," I explain.

"Kendall did a publicity stunt this morning. She was seen at Walgreens holding a pregnancy test, and now -" she starts.

"Oh," I interrupt. "So now I'm a father. Great."

All of my fans probably despise me. I've failed them. I just wish I could tell them the truth about the stunts. I wish they knew it wasn't real. Maybe some do know. Maybe there are rumors. I hope they are smart enough to tell. I hope they're alright.

"I knew there was a plan when she trapped me in that damn dressing room. The face she made after I agreed to stay in there with her said it all," I dispel.

"She trapped you?" A small smile plays on her face.

"Yes, literally. She pinned me against the wall and threatened to kiss me," I admit.

Nicole cringes and tenses up.

"I made it clear to her that I would never kiss her. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it yesterday. You were so happy and I -"

"It's okay, I believe you," she says before I can finish.

I take her hand and begin to pull her back to her room. We can't waste any more time on management drama. I quickly drop all thoughts from my mind and focus on making this Nicole's day.

"What are you doing?" She asks as she stumbles towards her room, hand in mine.

"It's time to have some fun," I assert.

"What do you mean?" She laughs as I successfully drag her into the room.

"Get dressed," I order as I jog to my suitcase to get my clothes on.

"I haven't even showered!" she squeals as she opens her closet door.

"It doesn't matter, love. We're coming back here anyways," I inform her.

"How do you have our entire day planned out?" she asks as she pulls clothes off of hangers.

I don't want to admit the real reason why I have the idea in mind, because it would be weird if she knew I had dreams about her. My dream gave me the idea of what to do today. It isn't the usual, romantic date that everyone thinks of. Even though I would love to take Nicole to a fancy dinner and movie, this idea would make her laugh, and I need to hear that tonight.

"I just thought of it," I respond.

"What should I wear?" she questions as the pile of clothes around her gets bigger and bigger.

I finish pulling my shorts up and I head over to where she is standing. I move past her and take a look inside her enormous closet. I stride inside and I spot a cheetah skirt.

"This," I tell her as I pull the skirt off of the rack.

She laughs. "I haven't worn that in two years."

"Wear it," I jokingly warn. She raises her brow at me and takes it from my hand.

"You win, Styles."

--------------------------------------

Nicole's POV

Harry exits the closet so then I can change. A huge grin plasters on my face as I think of the endless places he could be taking me. Just this morning I was ready to leave him, and now I can't imagine what would happen if I didn't have Heather to knock some sense into my brain. He's perfect, and I know deep inside that I don't deserve him. I am constantly doubting him and not trusting him.

Negative thoughts, again.

I catch myself and wipe all negativity from my head. I make Harry as happy as he makes me. He chose me over Kendall. I'm better than her.

I will work at being more positive, like Heather. I will defend Harry whenever rumors about him come up. I will always trust him.

I slip the high-waisted cheetah skirt on and pair it with a crop-top that shows a sliver of my stomach. I slide on my cheetah flats to match. I pick up my coach shoulder bag and swing it over my head.

"I'm ready!" I call to Harry while standing by my bedroom door.

The bathroom door opens and he pops out. He immediately scans my body and stares at my shoes.

"You should change your shoes," he suggests. "Wear comfy sandalls."

"Are we going to be moving around a lot?" I ask as I turn around to get a new pair of shoes.

"Whatever you want," he responds. "It's your day."

I definitely don't deserve him.

Stop.

Yes I do.

I laugh at my thoughts. "It's as much as my day as it is yours."

He shrugs and follows me into my closet.

I grab the comfiest pair of sandalls I own and slip them on.

"Time to go!" Harry sings.

He wraps one arm around my waist and quickly slides the other under my knees. Before I know it, I am being lifted up into Harry's strong arms.

"Stop it!" I laugh. "I can walk, you know!"

The smile plastered on his face is one I can't explain.

Pure happiness.

"Heather! We're leaving!" I half-laugh, half-yell down the hallway towards the room she is in.

"Where are you going?!" she yells back.

"I - I don't know!" I can't stop giggling.

I place my hands on the back of Harry's neck and pull myself up so my face can be closer to his. I feel his warm breath on my forehead as he carries me down the stairs and out the door.

It's the beginning of September and the weather is perfect. Not too warm, not too chilly. The trees are a beautiful green and surround my house. The flowers that my mother planted surround the front of my yard, creating an arrangement of assorted colors. Harry continues to carry me all the way to his car in my driveway. He gently places me on the blacktop in front of the passanger seat. Before he leaves to get to the driver's seat, I take his hand and pull him into me.

Our bodies are now touching and he is staring down at me. I place my hands on his stomach and press my lips to his. His hands move to my waist and he pulls even closer to me. I don't think there can be any less space between us, but the need for there to be is unreal. His lips slowly move with mine as the breeze from outside slowly trails against my skin.

"I love you," Harry mutters on my lips.

"I love you," I respond as I release my lips from his. "so much."

He plants a soft kiss on my forehead and then gets into car.

He enters the address of the secret location into the GPS and peels out of my driveway.

"Can you give me a hint?" I beg.

"No." The corners of his mouth turn upwards.

"Please? Just a clue," I implore.

"Hmm... no."

"Harry!" I shriek.

He grins.

"Can you at least tell me how many more minutes?" I try to catch a glance of the GPS, but he quickly moves it out of my sight.

"Twenty minutes," he replies.

I lean back on the comfy seat and rest my head so I can look at him. His eyes turn to glance at mine, and then he turns his head back to the road, smiling. He's so excited about his surprise date and it makes me relieved to see that. I would imagine that he would be dwelling on the fact that the entire world thinks that he is the father of Kendall Jenner's baby, but I guess I am more important to him than that.

It's much more relaxing to think positively rather than negatively.

"Wait, are we going to be in public?" I ask.

"Yes, why?" He looks over at me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Won't Tracey be mad?" I question.

"Mad that I'm with you? I don't care what she thinks. She can't fire me for being with you, and even if she does, I don't care."

"You have to care, Harry. It's your job," I try to convince him.

"I'd rather have you than my job," he admits.

My body warms up at his words.

"I love you," I say for the second time in ten minutes.

"And I love you."

-------------------------------------

Harry's POV

The GPS reads that we will arrive in two minutes. I drive down the empty street, and the GPS tells me to turn right.

I do as it says, and sure enough, it's there.

Nicole sits up straighter to get a better view.

"Oh my gosh!" she exclaims. "How did you know there was a zoo around?"

"I just put 'zoo' in the GPS and this is where it took us," I answer, glad that there is excitement in her voice.

I turn into the empty parking lot and get the spot closest to the entrance.

"There's literally no one here," Nicole observes.

"I don't think anyone else would go to the zoo on Monday morning," I reply.

It's a good thing that no one is here to notice me. The less I have to be reminded that the entire world thinks I made love to Kendall in a dressing room, the better.

I click my seatbelt off, while Nicole fumbles with hers. I get out of the car and pace to her side. I open the passenger door and she hops out.

"What's your favorite animal?" she says we walk side-by-side towards the entrance.

"A turtle, or a cat," I say. "And yours?"

"I love dolphins, giraffes, and cats," she responds.

We reach the entrance and Nicole pulls cash out of her tiny purse.

"No. Are you kidding me? Put that away," I demand as I give the man my credit card.

She rolls her eyes and stuffs everything back in her shoulder bag.

"You can't pay for me all the time," she says as we slide through the gates of the zoo.

"I make more money than I deserve; I like to pay for you," I concede.

A man walks by and hands me a map of the zoo.

"Thank you."

I unfold the huge map and hold it between me and Nicole.

I find out where the dolphins are located, and I refold the map.

"Wait, I wasn't done looking at -"

"Come here," I interject.

I take her hand as I did earlier and pull her towards where I think I remember the dolphins are located. She acquieses and follows my lead as we slowly amble, hand in hand. The entire zoo is vacant except for one or two families that pass by every once in a while, but no one has seemed to notice me yet.

The monkeys make terrible screeching noises as we pass by. They jump on the thin wires that separate them from us, and Nicole huddles closer to me. We walk towards a bundle of pink in a shallow lake. Flamingos.

"Aw, they're really cute!" Nicole exclaims as we walk onto the bridge. "Is this where you were taking me?"

"Nope, somewhere better," I respond. "C'mon"

We cross the bridge and are now near the animals that live in water. Perfect. I see a small sign that says "DOLPHINS" and it points right. I turn right and take Nicole's hand in mine again.

Soon enough, we are standing in front of a huge glass tank with about six dolphins swimming underneath.

"No way," Nicole gasps. "What kind of zoo has dolphins?" Nicole drags me so we are standing in front of the class. A dolphin approaches us on the other side of the glass. Nicole leans back into me.

I place my hands on the sides of her hips. "I think it likes you."

I gently push her towards the tank again, and the dolphin comes back and lifts a fin up at us as it passes by.

"It's so cute!" Nicole squeals.

"Have you ever...swam with dolphins?" I ask.

She turns to face me. "No, I haven't. Have you?"

"No, I haven't. Would you like to someday?" I question.

"I've always wanted to, yes." Her head turns back to the dolphin tank and she carefully watches the dolphins as they gracefully swim around.

"How about now?" I ask.

"We can't swim with them here! They don't even allow us to," she responds.

"What if they do," I challenge.

"I highly doubt it."

"Let's find out!"

Instead of taking her hand, I pick her up and throw her over my shoulder so she can't deny going. She laughs like I've never heard her laugh before. There is a feeling inside of me whenever she is happy that I can't explain. It's like my duty to make her happy, and let me tell you, it's not a bad job.

"Put..put me down!" she says through giggles.

I continue to carry her until I find a tiki hut with a man standing behind it. The sign on the hut says "Dolphin Habitat."

I place Nicole on the ground and stride over to the hut that is now a few feet away. The man with black hair and blue eyes greets me with a smile. His name tag says, "Griffin." Nicole catches up to me and steps next to me.

"Hi, I'm Griffin, dolphin trainer. Are you Harry Styles?" he asks.

"Yes, nice to meet you," I say.

"It's an honor! Do you have any questions about the dolphin habitat?"

"Yes, I would like to know if there is any way we can swim with them," I respond.

"Well, not necesarily swim with them, but you can feed them sardines."

"With them, in the water?" I ask.

"No, outside."

"Is there any possible way we can get in the water with them? I mean, no one is here..." I say. Nicole would be so excited if we got to swim with them. I need to get us in there.

"I'm sorry, we don't allow that here," he informs us.

My hopes drop and I realize I won't be able to get this for Nicole.

"Harry, it's okay." She gently touches my upper arm.

"But, maybe if you take a picture with my daughter, you can get in there with me for a while because you just applied for a job here and need training." He winks at me and joy spreads through my whole entire body.

The perks of being Harry Styles.

"Definitely, where is she?" I ask, trying to mask the amount of excitement I have.

"She will be here around noon. I can take you out now and you can take a picture when she gets here. Is that alright?" he whispers, even though there is no one around to hear him.

"Perfect," I agree.

Griffin walks over to a small shed in the back. I look over at Nicole, and it is very obvious that she is biting her lip to cover her massive smile.

"Are you happy?" I meant to say excited, but happy works, too.

"Yes," she peeps, still giving her cheeky grin.

She steps towards me and wraps her arms around me, nuzzling her face in my chest. My hand combs through her hair as she squeezes my body, tight. She loosens her grip and lifts her head up to give me a soft kiss.

"Thank you so much," she says. "Why do you do these things for me?"

"Because I love you," I respond. "And because I love making you happy."

"Are you happy?" she asks.

"Only when you are."

"So, you're happy now?"

"Are you happy?"

"Yes."

"Then I'm happy."

Griffin walks out with two wetsuits.

"Here you are. You can change in the shed. I suppose you are a couple, correct?" he asks.

"Correct," I respond, not caring about management at this point.

Nicole shoots me a glare as we head into the shed.

"You can't tell anyone we're together!" she exclaims. "You can't lose your job!"

"I love you." I smirk at her.

"Harry -"

"Don't you love me?"

"Harry -"

"I know you love me."

"I do, but -"

I place my finger against her mouth and close the door to the shed and the room turns completely pitch black.

"I love you, and you love me. That's all that matters today, okay?" I whisper.

I can feel her head nod on my finger. Her breath hitches as I take that hand and wrap it around her waist, bringing her closer to me. There was never a time when I didn't want her closer to me than she already was; even now I want her closer.

My wish is granted when she throws her body against mine and successfully finds my lips with hers. She is being more rough than usual, which doesn't bother me. I love any kind of Nicole I can get.

She knots her fingers in my hair and continues to kiss me. She is putting so much pressure on me that I am forced to take a step back, and then another, and then another. Eventually my back hits the shed wall and she pushes me harder against it. She grabs the hem of my shirt and lifts it above my head. I have a feeling that instead of undressing ourselves, we are going to be undressing each other.

All of a sudden, a loud knock booms on the wood, and Nicole is sent backwards out of fright.

"Are you guys done yet?" Griffin asks. "The dolphins are hungry; we have to get in there soon!"

Nicole giggles, causing me to laugh as well.

"Yeah, we're almost done!" I yell back.

I can tell that both of us momentarily forgot we are in the middle of the zoo, in a shed.

We quickly get dressed in the cold, damp wetsuits. I open the door to the shed and Griffin is holding two buckets of dead fish. Nicole shivers when she exits, so I pull her close to me.

Griffin starts walking towards the "Employees Only" area. We follow, both shivering in the aqua suits. Eventually, we enter a huge dome made out of rock. In the middle is the dolphin tank with a shallow end for us people to stand on.

Griffiin dips into the water and dolphins swarm around him.

"Alright, guys, calm down. We have some visitors today. Will you behave?" he asks the creatures.

He does an up and down motion with his hands, and all of the dolphins move back into the deeper part of the water and form a straight line. They lift themselves out of the water and bob their heads up and down, as if they are nodding.

"Okay, good. You better behave," he warns. "Come on in, guys."

Nicole and I slowly wade into the water. The dolphins make clicking noises as we enter. I hop onto the ground and I lift Nicole so she can stand next to me.

Griffin takes a fish out of the bucket and holds it in his hand in the air. The dolphins come towards all of us, and Nicole scoots closer to me and wraps her arm around mine. A dolphin's head pops up next to her and she squeals.

"It's alright. They're just lookin' for some of this." The man holds up a dead sardine. "Do you want to try it?"

Nicole puts her hand out and the man gives her the fish. She cringes, but then relaxes when I place my hand against her back. She holds the fish by its tail and plops it into the dolphin's mouth next to her.

"Can I try it again?" she exclaims afterwards.

I smile at the enthusiasm in her voice.

"Of course. Have the whole bucket." Griffin places the container on the ledge next to her. "Do you want to have 'em do tricks, too?"

"Yes!"

"Alright. Spin your hand in a circle, like this." Griffin lifts his arm above his head and demonstrates the trick.

Nicole mimicks the motion and the dolphins head to the center of the tank and start spinning in circles above the water.

"Oh my gosh! This is amazing!" She continues to circle her arm above her head.

"Alright, alright. I think your making 'em dizzy," he says. "Try clapping your hands."

Nicole begins to clap her hands and the dolphins straighten and begin to move their fins together and apart, splashing water everywhere in the process.

Nicole and I finish feeding the dolphins, and then she says goodbye to all her new friends as we exit the tank. I thank Griffin on the way out, and a small girl with long, brown curly hair appears outside the dome.

"Hi, Daddy!" she squeeks.

"Hello, Sweetheart. I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes."

She cups her hands over her eyes and he moves out of my way so then I am in clear view.

"Alright, open."

The girl releases her hands and screams at the top of her lungs when she sees me. She runs towards me and engulfs me in a hug, not caring if she is getting soaking wet from my wetsuit.

"I love you! I love you! I love you! You are my second favorite from One Direction!" she yells in excitement.

"Oh, really?" I laugh. "I must ask, who is your first?"

"Liam because he got his undies stolen and it was so funny!" she answers.

Nicole and I chuckle at her answer.

"Oh, oh oh. That's what makes you beautiful!" she screams instead of sings.

Nicole is bursting with laughter, and it causes me to as well.

"Alright, enough screaming," Griffin orders. "It's picture time!"

I walk over to the little girl and bend down next to her. Nicole stands next to Griffin. She looks so happy, which makes my smile even bigger for the picture.

"Can the pretty girl come in, too?" the little girl asks.

"Of course!" Griffin replies. "Go on."

Nicole squats down on the other side of the child and we take a picture together.

"Thanks again, guys," Griffin says.

"Thanks for letting us see the dolphins!" Nicole replies. "It was an amazing experience."

"Come over some other time during the weekday morning when no one is here, maybe we can do it again," he offers.

"We will!" I reply as we walk away. "Goodbye!"

"Bye!"

"Bye! I love you guys!" the little girl screams.

Nicole and I laugh as we walk away from the dolphin habitat and towards the shed to get dressed.

"That was..breathtaking," Nicole says as she pulls her shirt over her head.

We exit the shed.

"It really was, wasn't it?" I grab her hand and she flinches, knowing that we are in public, but then she loosens up and firmly holds my hand.

"You're the best boyfriend ever, H."

"And you're the best girlfriend."

She smiles and wedges herself into me as closely as possible. We amble around, looking at the various exhibits.

"Would you like to get a bite to eat?" I ask.

"Sure," she replies. "There's a restaurant here. I saw it on the map."

We find out where the restaurant is and eat there. Nicole and I both get pizza, because it's one of the only things on the menu. That's America for you.

"You know, in London we have food other than pizza," I announce.

"I've always wanted to visit London."

"I'm going to take you there when this tour is over."

"I'm paying for my plane ticket," she declares.

"I have a jet," I notify.

"You win again, Styles," she groans.

I give her a lighthearted smile.

All of a sudden, my phone vibrates in my pocket. It's probably Niall asking why I left him in Nicole's house alone.

I'm wrong.

"Tracey," I mutter as I shiver just by hearing her name.

I wanted one day without her. One day.

"Pick it up!" Nicole orders.

I decide to listen and answer.

"What?" I have learned to never say "Hello?" to Tracey on the phone, because she ignores it anyways and just goes straight to whatever business she wants me to do.

Nicole gets up and comes over to sit next to me. She places her head against mine so my phone is in between both of our ears.

"What the hell are you doing at the zoo with that random fan?" she growls.

------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Oh my gosh this chapter is so long! Almost 5000 words wow I dont even know.

I hope it's not too long!

Thank you for all of the nice words and support on my last chapter! It made me so happy and warm inside (: I'm so glad you guys like this fanfic! Please tell your friends about it if you can :)

Anyways, please comment predictions! What do you think will happen? :O

Thank you for everything!

You can follow these for updates on the fanfic :)

Instagram: HeyHarryKissMe and YouNeverKnowFanfic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 29 8
'The worst feeling isn't being lonely but being forgotten by someone you can't forget '
73.2K 3.4K 42
"Now if you're talking body, you got a perfect one so put it on me swear it won't take you long if you love you right we fuck for life on and on and...
177K 9.3K 62
"You will never know about me." "and isn't that's unfair when you know so much about me?"
1.7K 79 16
We're here for you Harry, nobody will harm you again. I..... PROMISE