Ch 7: Look

Nicole's POV

I have so much trouble sleeping, even in Heather's heavenly bed. I can't stop thinking of all the possibilities the next day might bring.

I might get called up on that stage, or I might not. I try to look at the bright side of things, though. If Harry is actually reading any of my tweets, or any of the boys were, they will know where I will be sitting. Hopefully at least one of them would try to find me, preferably Harry.

As my mind wanders, eventually I doze off to sleep, but the never-ending thoughts fail to escape my dreams.

***

I wake up to birds chirping and white curtains slowly swaying from the breeze outside. I feel like I am in a movie. I stretch as I step foot onto Heather's fluffy plush rug. It is around nine o'clock and Heather has not awaken.

I walk over to the balcony, where the white curtains are blowing in from. I saunter into the warm breeze of a flawless summer day. I look down to see Heather's serene front yard, it is the most relaxing place anyone could ever be. A tranquil waterfall, flowing crystal clear water into the stream beneath it. The koi peacefully swimming in the connections of sparkling streams that surround the pathway to her house. Exquisite flower gardens surrounding every corner. Violet blossoms and goldenrods spread color throughout her yard. There is no place I'd rather be, except with Harry.

"Heather!" I call into her room as I am taking in the warmth of the sun on her balcony. "Heather, guess what day it is!"

I see the image of a person suddenly appear behind the curtains, separating them. Heather springs outside with an enormous smile.

We fall through the curtains and into her room. Heading to the bathroom, I gaze at the outfits and accessories that we bought yesterday. They are absolutely perfect in every way possible. I am thrilled to wear mine tonight.

I look in the bathroom mirror only to realize my long, blonde hair is a tangled mess. It takes me 10 minutes just to brush through it.

I take a lengthy shower and use possibly every shower gel and soap Heather owns. I have to smell amazing.

I wrap a towel around my hair and my body and start with my makeup. I end up failing miserably, without a clue as to why I even started doing it while I have Heather with me. I swear she will be a world renowned makeup artist one day. She moves my makeup away and replaces it with her own. She starts to apply makeup to my face. She also curls the ends of my hair once it is dry. I don't know what I would do without my best friend.

Finally, it is time to put on the outfits. I slip into the grey high-waisted skirt and the pink, flowing crop top. I put in my diamond earrings and clip on the matching necklace. I add the bracelets and the rings, but save the shoes for later. I step in front of Heather's tremendously huge mirror and almost cry of joy. I don't mean to be vain, but for once I look absolutely gorgeous. My long blonde curls bounce at the middle of my back when I move. The pink, flowing crop top is being blown by the wind from outside.

We are leaving for the concert in 2 hours.

***

After a two hour car ride in a smelly taxi cab, we are finally here. Neither Heather nor I wanted to drive for that long, so we agreed on a taxi. Bad mistake. My stomach is turning as we walk into the stadium. We get admitted inside, my small heels clicking as we walk towards our seats.

When we finally get to our seats, we realize how much more amazing they are. If we were to walk up five feet, we would be on the stage. Literally. Also, there is an extended stage that they can walk out onto. We are in the center of it all.

The place is packed with screaming girls and colorful posters. Four girls around the age of sixteen or so walk over to the seats next to ours.

"Did you guys enter the contest?" the girl with curly brown hair asks us as she sits down.

"Yes! Did you?" Heather responds.

"Of course! It's my dream to meet them. Have you ever been to a concert?" she asks.

"Yes, last year’s,” I say. "And we met Harry and Kendall at the Mammoth Lakes ski resort around New Years."

"Oh my God," the girl with a Harry shirt joins in. "You are the girl he was holding hands with! You are the girl that spiked all that drama online! Can I touch the hand that he touched you with? Which hand was it?" She grabs both of my hands.

Okay, this girl is kinda nuts.

"Yeah, that's me," I say with a half-smile.

All of a sudden, the stage starts glowing and five boys come out from underneath the floor. In the middle stands Harry.

All I can hear is screaming and the beat of the drums to "Midnight Memories."

Harry starts singing and I am about ready to pass out. He starts walking down the extended stage, towards us. I can't breathe.

***

Heather and I are still dancing when one of the last songs ends, "Little White Lies".

The concert has been amazing so far, but none of the boys have looked at me, which makes me doubt myself when I thought that Harry was still thinking about me. It makes me a bit worried, but I am having too much fun to over-think it.

"Who has joined the contest?" Niall asks, walking up the walkway.

Screaming. Everywhere.

Harry runs backstage.

"That's great. It's about time we figure out who the winner is, eh?" He says, smirking.

More screams.

"He's so hot," Heather says to me.

I nod.

Harry comes back carrying a ginormous bucket, with the help of two security guards. The size of that bucket makes me realize that there is absolutely no chance that my card will get picked.

"Since it was my lad Harry's idea to do this contest, he will be picking the card," Niall says.

Even more screaming, but even Heather and I join in this time.

Harry walks forward to the big platform on the extended stage. He reaches his hand into the wide bucket and out comes a notecard. He flashes his cheeky little smile and says,

"Nicole Everly."

He looks right at me.

-------------------------------

Author's Note :)

I stayed up until 1 in the morning to write this chapter for you guys :)

So please if you could, comment, vote, add it to your library, follow me, anything! Every little thing means so much to me.

I just started this like, what, 3 days ago? and I am already ranked in the top 200's for fanfiction and the top 300's for teen fiction. I can't believe how far this has gone already, so thank you all so much for everything!

Love you!

Xoxo,

Alyssa