Ch 39: Tricks

Harry's POV

"Good morning to you, too," I laugh after she removes her lips from mine.

I notice her eyelashes are wet, and my mind immediately jumps to the conclusion. She knows I didn't tell her the entire truth about yesterday.

Heather stands up and walks into the room where Niall is sleeping, shutting the door behind her.

"What's wrong, love?" I ask as I grab her waist and pull her closer to me.

Her eyes dart to the side, but then she forces them to stare back into mine.

"I thought you had feelings for Kendall," she says so softly that I almost don't hear her.

"You saw the dressing room pictures, didn't you," I mumble, embarrassed that I didn't tell her yesterday.

"Yes, but that wasn't what really bothered me. I'm guessing you haven't seen." Her eyes begin to fill with tears, and it seems like this is the hundredth time I have seen her in this state. Every single day she is crying because of something I did. This is a toxic relationship for her; I am the poison.

"Shh," I try to comfort her. "What else was there, love?"

A strand of blonde hair covers her right eye, so I take it and tuck it behind her ear. A small tear falls during the movement and I can feel a piece of me falling, too.

"I don't want you to be hurt," she answers blandly, looking away.

"Kendall cannot hurt me. I don't feel for her like that," I explain.

"Kendall did a publicity stunt this morning. She was seen at Walgreens holding a pregnancy test, and now -" she starts.

"Oh," I interrupt. "So now I'm a father. Great."

All of my fans probably despise me. I've failed them. I just wish I could tell them the truth about the stunts. I wish they knew it wasn't real. Maybe some do know. Maybe there are rumors. I hope they are smart enough to tell. I hope they're alright.

"I knew there was a plan when she trapped me in that damn dressing room. The face she made after I agreed to stay in there with her said it all," I dispel.

"She trapped you?" A small smile plays on her face.

"Yes, literally. She pinned me against the wall and threatened to kiss me," I admit.

Nicole cringes and tenses up.

"I made it clear to her that I would never kiss her. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it yesterday. You were so happy and I -"

"It's okay, I believe you," she says before I can finish.

I take her hand and begin to pull her back to her room. We can't waste any more time on management drama. I quickly drop all thoughts from my mind and focus on making this Nicole's day.

"What are you doing?" She asks as she stumbles towards her room, hand in mine.

"It's time to have some fun," I assert.

"What do you mean?" She laughs as I successfully drag her into the room.

"Get dressed," I order as I jog to my suitcase to get my clothes on.

"I haven't even showered!" she squeals as she opens her closet door.

"It doesn't matter, love. We're coming back here anyways," I inform her.

"How do you have our entire day planned out?" she asks as she pulls clothes off of hangers.

I don't want to admit the real reason why I have the idea in mind, because it would be weird if she knew I had dreams about her. My dream gave me the idea of what to do today. It isn't the usual, romantic date that everyone thinks of. Even though I would love to take Nicole to a fancy dinner and movie, this idea would make her laugh, and I need to hear that tonight.