Ch 8: Half a Heart

Nicole’s POV

Without realizing, I start walking towards the stage. Heather is the least bit tranquil as we make our way up the stairs. She is screaming the entire way, prattling on about how we are the luckiest people in the world. She randomly thanks me for being her friend. I guarantee you she doesn't have a clue what she is saying, she is so shocked.

Right when I get on stage, I am taken by surprise. Harry grabs me and gives me a huge hug, my head placed against his chest.

"Nice to see you again, love. You look gorgeous," He says into my ear. I guess all the preparation was worth it.

"You too, Harry," I manage to say calmly, although I am freaking out inside. My heart is beating as fast as a hummingbird's wings flutter. He called me love, once again. I tighten my grip around his body, as he does mine. This is probably the best moment of my life.

I eventually let go of Harry, even though I sure as hell didn't want to. I hand him mine and Heather's tickets to "prove it was us." I look down the stage to see Heather running frantically around like a lunatic, going from Niall to Louis to Liam to Zayn, and now running towards Harry. Everyone here probably thinks she is wasted; even I am questioning it myself.

"Heather, calm down." I say as I put my hand on her shoulder.

All of a sudden, I can hear my voice being amplified throughout the entire stadium. Louis is holding his microphone next to Heather and I. The crowd is roaring with laughter. He smiles at both of us, and we laugh. He really is the funny one.

"Have a seat," Harry says as he points to the two stools at the end of the stage, both with microphones in front of them.

Heather and I sit down on the stools, looking into the crowd. When I look at some fans, they smile at me, and others freak out. I'm not famous? Why are they so shocked that I looked at them? Other fans try to talk to me by mouthing words and using hand signals. One in particular says, "Make Harry wave to me!" I call him over and point at her. She literally has to sit down afterwards because she starts hyperventilating.

"Now, it is time for our last song, and it is dedicated to these two ladies," Harry looks behind and smiles at me. My heart flutters.

Seconds later, I hear a soft guitar playing. What song is this?

Liam starts singing, "So your friends been telling me, you've been sleeping with my sweater."

Oh, I know this one, but what is it called again?

"HALF A HEART!!!!" Heather screams at the top of her lungs. Her voice echoes throughout the stadium. Everyone hears her. Someone should move her mic away during this song, or during anytime really.

I look around at the crowd; most are laughing at Heather's outburst. She is quite the show.

It is Zayn's part and he is singing the chorus. He walks up the pathway to the extended part of the stage, where Heather and I are. The rest of the boys follow.

"Hi, I'm Niall," a voice says in my ear. "Nice to meet you."

"Hi Niall," I look over at him, he is even more gorgeous in person. "Thank you for following me the other day."

"Oh, no problem," he replies, and then walks over to Heather.

"Hi Nicole!" another voice says. "I'm Louis."

"I know," I reply. "You followed me on twitter! I was shocked."

I stop listening to whatever he says after that, because I hear Harry singing his part. He walks around the stage once and I just stare at him the entire time, it doesn't even feel real.

Harry then comes around and starts walking towards me, staring straight at me. The butterflies are back.

He is standing in front of me, serenading me with the most beautiful song I have ever heard. He lifts up my chin with his hand and he is inches away from my face, singing to me.

"Walkin' around with just one shoe, I'm half a heart without you. I'm half a man, at best, with half an arrow in my chest. I miss everything we do, I'm half a heart without you."

Tears start forming in my eyes as he reaches the end of his part. I am just so overwhelmed by all of it. How could someone keep calm when the most gorgeous person on the face of the planet is serenading them with a love song?

He sees a tear slowly roll out of the corner of my eye.

"Aw." He makes a cute little pouty face.

"Don't cry, be happy!" he says, holding my head with one hand and wiping the tear off of my face with his thumb. I put myself together and smile at him. He takes my hand and holds it between his.

The song is almost over and Zayn is singing while looking at Heather. He can't really do anything romantic with her, since he is engaged, but I can tell she is enjoying it.

Harry sings the last line of the song to me, and then the boys close off the concert about ten minutes after. They say goodbye to their beloved fans, except for two.

It is time to go backstage.