Ch 60: Shhh

Heather's POV

It has been at least fifteen minutes since Nicole went to the bathroom. I decide to go and check on her to make sure she isn't passed out drunk in there. She's being so fucking stupid, honestly. I will never let her taste another sip of alcohol again. It makes her someone who I would never associate with. It makes her sassy as hell and it makes her act out. Drunk Nicole is the complete opposite of who she really is, but I'm a bit scared that it's not solely the alcohol making her like this.

I shove past the crowd of sweaty people and make my way to the women's restroom. I open the door and my lungs immediately fill with the smell of vomit. I hold my breathe and check each stall for Nicole. I know for a fact that she doesn't lie. Ever. She has to be in here somewhere. Finally, when I reach the last stall, I see a blonde girl with a long, blue dress leaning over the toilet. I knew Nicole was fucked after she drank that scotch.

I pull her long, blonde hair back and twist her head so that she is looking at me. And that's when I realize it is not Nicole. It's just another drunk, underage teen who doesn't know when to stop drinking. Her eyes cannot seem to focus on anything and her mouth hangs wide open.

"Sorry." I let go of her hair and her head falls into the toilet. She doesn't even know what's going on, anyways.

I pace out of the bathroom and back into the club, which is filled with neon colored lights and blasting music. I need to find Nicole before she does anything even more stupid than what she has already done. I was completely right when I noticed that she was changing. Nicole has never lied to me in her life, not even about something that unimportant.

I head over to the small bar next to the bathroom. I push the brunette that is seated at the bar and I lean over the counter in front of him.

"Hey!" I shout at the bartender. "You haven't happened to see a drunk blonde girl with a dark blue dress, have you?"

He nods and takes Nicole's phone out of his pocket.

"She left this here," he says. "I'm guessing you're her friend?"

"Yes. I am her best friend. Give me her phone," I order. "Where did she go?"

"She left a couple of minutes ago." He places the phone in my hand.

"Thanks," I say before turning around and sprinting towards the exit.

Right before I reach the door, a hand grabs my wrist and jerks me back. My breathing stops and I stumble backwards. Two hands grip my sides to hold me steady. I try to wiggle away, but the person grasping onto me won't let go. The hands slide down my sides and hold onto my waist.

I look back to see Niall standing there.

"You scared the shit out of me," I pant. "How long have you been waiting here?"

He shrugs. "I dunno. Why were you rushing out?"

"I was supposed to watch over Nicole, remember? Well she somehow escaped and I have no clue where she is. I don't know if she let someone take her home, I don't know if she ran off into some alley, I don't know if -"

"Hey, calm down. We will find her." He snakes his arm around my waist and leads me out of the club and into the back of our limousine.

I move to the long seat and lay down, my head resting on top of Niall's legs. I pull out Nicole's phone to see if she has been texting anyone recently. I carry a sliver of hope that Harry and her have been communicating throughout the night. I open her text messages to see that Harry has not texted her in two days, however, someone with the contact name, "Sexy Ass Motherfucker" has. When I open the message to see what the person sent to her, I have to blink at least a hundred times before I can certify that I am seeing correctly.