Ch 44: Spill

Harry's POV

Not only do I feel terribly frightened, but I also feel terribly guilty. If I would have stayed with Nicole at the damn zoo, we wouldn't be on our way to see a member of management who, must I say, probably schemed all of the publicity stunts with Tracey. She's probably part of the reason why the entire world thinks I am a soon-to-be father.

Even if this mysterious woman is on our side, why, of all times, does she choose now to rebel against her leader?

"So we're not going inside Target, are we?" Niall asks, interrupting my thoughts.

Heather is driving and Niall sits next to her in the passenger's seat, while Nicole and I are sharing one seat in the back.

It's not that there is no room - we just like it this way.

"Yeah, we are. There is a Starbucks inside where we can have peace and quiet without starting a scene in Target," Nicole responds.

"But, what if people see Harry and I?" Niall asks.

"Oh, crap. I totally forgot you guys are famous," Nicole laughs. "I guess we can just have her sit in the car with -"

"No," I interrupt. "No thank you. We're not being in a secluded area with her. No."

"Hey Harry," Heather says.

"What?"

"Shut up."

A small giggle comes out of Nicole's mouth, and Niall is pressing his hand against his lips to muffle his laughter as well. I look out of the window, trying to hide the smile on my face.

"It'll be fine, Haz," Niall assures me.

"Yeah, it'll be fine when we're put under rohypnol and kidnapped," I sarcastically say.

Nicole shudders.

I shouldn't have said that.

I squeeze her tighter against my body in a lame attempt to say I screwed up. She relaxes and rests her head underneath my chin.

I look up to see Heather glaring at me. Damn she's intimidating.

"The woman will come in the car," she says.

"Okay," I acquiesce.

Heather smirks and focuses on the road again.

How is it that I always give in when I am with these girls? Maybe because one of them is scary as shit, and the other I love so dearly I would do anything for her.

"We're here!" Heather announces.

I can feel my stomach drop as Nicole lifts her head off of my chest, eager to see Tracey's partner. She feels both of my pockets and reaches into the one with my phone inside of it. She scrolls through my contacts and starts to call Gloria. She picks up on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Nicole. Are you at Target?"

"Yes, I'm inside."

"Well, since the boys will get mobbed we were wondering if you could just meet us in the car. We're the white one parked outside."

"Yes, of course. See you soon." She hangs up.

The only sound I can hear is the thudding of my heart against my chest.

---------------------------------------

Nicole's POV

I see her. She has short, brunette hair and it is cut in a bob. Her face is sharp, and rather stunning. She doesn't look as old as she sounded on the phone. She looks like she is in her mid-twenties, but her voice begs to differ.