When Her Mate Moves Into Town...

By SheLovesHerWords

Lane Connor. Adored by many and rightly so. Kind, at times to a fault, a smile that lights up any room she en... More

When Her Mate Moves Into Town(Authors Note)
When Her Mate Moves Into Town(Intro)
Chapter One- Whispers of Permission. *Edited*
Whispers of Permission- Ryders POV *Edited*
Chapter Two- What history we make in History. *Edited*
Chapter 3-Fourthly, fifthly and...sixthly? *Edited*
Chapter 4- Hope For Maybes *Edited*
Chapter 5- Caution: Chair Will Cause Blushing. *Edited*
Chapter 7- Hospitals Gazebos and Hallways. *Edited*
Chapter 8- Holding Pinkies *Edited*
Chapter 9- Reminder: Thank the girl that pushed me over.
Chapter 10- Help. Looking for lost hickey.
Chapter 11- Sweet and Scary
Chapter 12- Ruining people. The good way.
Chapter 13- Tingles as a wakeup call. That's new.
Chapter 14- Next step? Why not?
Chapter 15- Can soon come sooner?
Chapter 16- We have an announcement. And another. Oh, and another.
Chapter 17- Life is great when things aren't great.
Chapter 18- Beating me at my own game. But hey, I'm a good sport.
Chapter 19- Now, now. Laney knows best.
Chapter 20- Lane meet Leah. The evil side.
Chapter 21- We Do Things Short 'Round Here.
NOT A CHAPTER! PLEASE READ!
Chapter 22- The moments, before the moment of truth.
Chapter 23 - Putting trust to the ultimate test.
Chapter 24 - Love from those just met.
Chapter 25- Ryders POV
Chapter 26 - Two day compromise ends quicker than expected.
Chapter 27 - Ever since you moved into town.
Chapter 28 - Epilogue
Bonus Chapter!
Not a new chapter.

Chapter 6- Relief in school. Safe? *Edited*

20.6K 449 39
By SheLovesHerWords

LCs POV:

I pull back from the kiss and we’re both panting. I looked towards the fire hoping that the orange glow that it’s giving off would hide my blush. Is it just me or does it seem like I’m blushing a lot more lately?

I’m not use to having a mate yet. Not all Were’s are fortunate enough to find there’s and to think that I was blessed enough too; it’s so surreal. I don’t think I’d ever get used to this.

After deciding that we didn’t want to ruin tonight with anymore details of our relationship, you know stuff like him being my teacher and me being his student kind of details, we decided that we’d just talk about it tomorrow after school at the pack house. Just to be safe. A meeting between an Alpha and someone in his pack is less suspicious than a meeting between a student and a teacher after school hours.

Soon after that decision I leaned into Chase as my eyes grew heavy. Feeling weightless I knew that Chase was carrying me. I tried to put my feet down so that I could walk myself but he just held onto me tighter and whispered that he has me and to just go to sleep. I tried to get down again but he just chuckled and made his way into the house. B was sitting in the living room when we entered. He got up to grab me but Chase said he didn’t mind. After pointing Chase to my room I was soon being placed onto my comfy bed and felt him remove my shoes.

Since my eyes were closed I noticed that it had got quiet. Too quiet. I opened my eyes to see if Chase had left and instead I see him standing above me looking apprehensive with his hands hovering slightly above my lower half.

“Chase?” I say sleepily.

His hands retract back instantly and he looks at me.

“I…I thought you might want to change your clothes?”

“Oh, yeah. Sure. Thanks. I got it.” I say while he grabs my hand to help me into a sitting position.

I yawn and look at him as he kneels in front of me.

He grabs my hands in his and places tender kisses on each one.

“I’ll let you change so you can get some sleep. I’ll see you at school tomorrow and then at the pack house right?” He says softly hoping that I wouldn’t back out of our talk tomorrow.

“Right.” I confirm so quietly I don’t think he heard me. But his nod and kiss to my forehead tells me he did.

“Bye, love.” He smiles against my lips.

“Bye.” I smile back.

He gives me one last look as he stands in my doorway, gives me a smile and closes my door behind him.

I cup my face in my hands and sigh happily.

‘Told you he wouldn’t hurt us.’ My wolf says.

“Mmhmm.”

*Ding ding*

I grab my phone from my end table and read the text I just received.

“Hey baby. I’m so sorry about today. Let’s just forget about it ok?  I’ll be there tomorrow to pick you up from school. I love you. Sweet dreams. -You’re man, Ryder.”

I drop my phone and gasp. What the hell? Am I going crazy? Today did happen right? I broke up with him. I did. So why does it sound like he still thinks that we’re together. This is going to be harder than I first thought.

Chases POV:

Today has gone by so slow but the period that I’ve been waiting for all day and the highlight of the rest of my days to come is next. Now actually. Wait for it, wait for it, wa-there it is!

I inhale deeply and immediately my stress dissipates. Vanilla, Brown sugar and Peaches. Who knew that could be a remedy for stress? I look to the door just as she enters. My body instantly reacts. Damn those faded jeans that she’s wearing. Does she not know that they look like it’s painted on her? How am I supposed to control myself? I’m just thankful she’s wearing one of our schools sweaters. Thank God for the rain! Though, she still looks irresistible.

“Shit!” I whisper to myself and sit in my chair trying to hide my arousal.

I can see that she just took a deep breath in as well and visibly relaxes. I wonder what has her stressed. Glad I’ll have her to myself tonight to see what’s bothering her. My bets on Ryder. After she relaxes I notice she looks shocked. She looks at me and I smirk. Yeah, she smells that I’m turned on. Payback! Maybe next time she’ll wear something else.

I’m interrupted by a screech of a chair and Lane running out of the room. I look to see what my students are doing and they are all talking to each other except for Blake. He’s falling out of his chair in laughter and looking in the direction of where Lane just left. With a several minutes left till the bell rings, I make sure no one sees and leave the room to go after her. What’s going on?

I follow her scent to an empty class room. I slam open the door and she snaps her head up to me. I close and lock the door and she gets up from her seat and walks away from me. This is pretty familiar.

I start thinking of anything I could’ve possibly done wrong to have her acting like this but come up with nothing.

“Lane, baby what’s wrong?” I ask afraid of her answer.

“Chase, you need to stop right there. Please.” She says cautiously with her hands out as if she were creating some kind of force-field.

“What? Why? Talk to me.” I plead softly not forgetting that we’re still in school.

She then mumbles something that I can’t make out.

“Huh?” I ask confused.

“You----on---me----on” she mumbles again and way too fast for even us Weres to understand.

“Lane please, I can’t understand you.” I say getting frustrated. I just want to be near her.

“YOU BEING TURNED ON TURNED ME ON!!” She yells and slaps her hand over her mouth.

I crack a smile and start walking towards her.

“No you need to stop! What the heck were you thinking in there? And why? Chase I said stop!” She whisper yells.

But I don’t. I rush towards her and lift her up on the desk.

“I turn you on?” I smile coyly.

I look back at her and see her biting her lip with her eyes closed. I nip at her bottom lip and move my hands to her hips and grip them tightly.

She moans and snaps her eyes open.

“Chase.” She groans and places her head on my shoulder.

I already know what she’s thinking. We’re in school and it’s not safe to get carried away. Anyone could hear us or see us both walking out of this room. I agree that it’s not the smart thing to do but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.

“Go to class. If anyone asks, you don’t know where I am. I’ll be back in a little while.” I tell her softly.

She nods and looks at me. I can’t help but take in every detail of her face. The way her striking eyes contrast the soft curves of her features is unlike anything I’ve ever seen.

I lightly caress her face and give her a kiss on her forehead.

“Get out of here.” I say; my forehead against hers.

She laughs, hops off the desk and starts towards the door. Before she can get there I grab her arm and pull her back giving her a kiss that I’ve been longing to give her all day.

Once the door is closed I take a seat in one of the chairs and hold my head in my hands.

Of course I don’t know much about Lane but every interaction I have had with her so far has left me wanting to know more. I have a feeling that years down the line, that won’t change at all.

I shake my head and laugh. Life’s going to be interesting from here on out.

LCs POV:

I make it through class, surprisingly, and sighed in relief when the bell rang.

“Ok, we’ll continue this next class! Have a good weekend everyone!” Chase shouts over all the noise from the kids shuffling around.

Some guys shake Chases hand on the way out and some girls walk with a little more sway in their hips. I laugh. My mate is popular among the high school kids isn’t he?

I start walking out of class with Blake by my side and see Chase giving me a look that meant don’t forget our talk later. I nod and look away as a blush makes its way onto my face again.

“Blake, I hate you.” I say softly. No fight in me.

He laughs, “No you don’t, LC. You’re just too easy to make fun of.  That’s the second time you’ve ran out of class! Sure class hadn’t started yet but still. It’s hilarious.” He laughs.

After his laughter dies down he stops me from walking.

“So, we gonna talk about you know who?” His head motioning towards History.

“Umm… well you know he’s my…”

“Yep.”

“Ok, well. There you go.” I say and start walking again.

“Whoa! Hold up.” He says laughing. “That’s all I get?”

I sigh.

“I’m just trying to keep it on the down low for now. We only just agreed to do this last night so there’s no need to hire a skywriter just yet.”

“I don’t get it. You’re mates. Why not tell anyone?” Blake asked genuinely confused.

“Well for one, he’s my teacher.” He nods in understanding. “And secondly, I kind of like this little bubble we have right now.” I smile.

“Aww, my little baby’s growing up so fast!” He says and pinches my cheeks.

I laugh and swipe his hand away.

“Don’t tell anyone Blake. Not even the group. Ok?”

“Ok.” He sighs.

“Promise?”

“Promise, babe.”

“Thanks. I have to go to my locker so I’ll meet you in the cafeteria.”

He nods just as one of his friends walks up and immediately they’re deep in a discussion about football.

“Boys.” I mutter and laugh to myself while I shake my head.

“That’s why you need a man in your life.”  I hear as I turn to walk towards my locker.

“Hey, Adam.” I sigh not too happy to see him. That note he wrote caused me a lot of trouble. It wasn’t his intention so I just let it go.

I start walking and he runs to catch up with me.

“Hey babe, so I heard you and Ryder are done.” He says. I turn to look at him with a shocked face and he’s already looking at me and smirking.

I walk the last ten feet to my locker and start working on my combination. How’d he find out?

“So is it true?” He says a little irritated that I haven’t answered him yet.

“Yeah, how’d you find out?”

“Oh it’s all over, babe. Since everyone found out that you were going out with Ryder we all figured that your brothers are letting you date and now that words got out that you two are done everyone wants a piece of you.” He says while running his two fingers up and down my arm.

 Not wanting to deal with this I move my arm away from him and say,

“First of all, no one’s gonna have a “Piece” of me, not even you which brings me to my next point, I’m not your “babe” so stop calling me that.” I close my locker door and start to walk away only to be pushed against the locker with both of his arms on either side of me. Now all my courage I had two seconds ago have vanished and the look in his eyes has me biting my lip in nervousness.

“I’m not done with you. Look, I’ve been waiting a long time to have you and I’m not just going to let you walk away from me. I want you.” he says while running his hands down my sides.

“All of you.” He says huskily as he grabs my ass in his hands bringing our bodies closer together.

“Stop.”  I say scared biting my lip.

“If you want me to stop you’re going to have to stop biting that lip of yours. Let me help you with that.” He says and takes my lower lip into his mouth and bites.

I put my hands on his chest to push him off but he doesn’t budge. Flashbacks of Ryder are playing through my mind at the same time and I yell,

“STOP!”

He kisses me to muffle my cries but it’s too late because I hear footsteps sprinting towards us and Adam is tackled to the ground. I wasn’t ready for that so I went down with them too.

I feel hands wrap around me from behind and judging by the scent I know its Blake. He picks me up and hands me to Riley as he runs over to Carter and Adam trying to break them up.

“You stupid piece of shit! I’ll kill you!” Carter yells as he straddles Adam and punches him.

“Ace!” I yell. He’ll be able to stop Carter from killing Adam.

Riley tells me to stay put and runs off looking for Ace.

Meanwhile, Blake is struggling to pull Carter off of Adam and there’s now a crowd forming when Ace makes his way through.

“What the-Carter stop! CARTER!” Ace yells not seeing me yet. With help from Blake, Ace succeeds in pulling Carter away.

Ace pushes Carter against the locker trying to restrain him and asks him what’s going on. Carter looks my way with a pained expression on his face.

Ace looks over and finally sees me. He rushes over and pulls me into a tight hug.

“What the hell happened here?” Ace yells in his deep voice. Everyone too afraid of Ace right now to reply stays quiet.

“I SAID WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?!” Ace looks around at everyone looking for an answer.

Riley steps up and puts a hand on his arm to try and calm him down.

“That kid over there had your sister pinned against her locker and was…!” Carter stops to furious to continue and makes his way back to Adam who is only now standing to his feet.  He’s a Were too which is why he’s still alive after a beating from Carter but he’s still no match for him.

Two things happen then.

One, Ace lets go of me and runs over to Carter pulling him away before he can get to Adam and punches him himself.

And secondly, we all hear a growl. Everyone snaps their head to the sound and we all see Chase. It’s then that I notice that we’re all Were’s here. Thank God. Wouldn’t want anyone wondering why we have a teacher that growls. That could be dangerous for us all.

“Mr. Connor, Mr. Anderson, Mr. White, my classroom! NOW!” Chase commands using his Alpha tone.

“Everyone else…” He says and looks at everyone remaining “…you didn’t see anything. Go on.” They all obey his command and walk away. Chase looks at me and nods his head towards him motioning me to follow.  

I tell Blake and Riley that I’ll see them later and they walk off to their classes.

We get to Chases classroom and he tells the boys to go inside with a threat of kicking their asses if they pull anything while he’s out here with me.

Once the door is closed I’m pulled into a hug and he pulls away before anyone can see and asks,

“What happened, Lane?”

I explain what happened and make him promise not to do anything further to Adam. Carter and Ace took care of that. He reluctantly agrees but says just because he can’t hurt him physically doesn’t mean he can’t scare him mentally. I shake my head knowing that’s the best I’m going to get out of him. He tells me to go to my last class which I haven’t even realized has been going on for the past 30 minutes and gives me a quick kiss.

After my last class I walk over to Chase’s class and knock.

“Come in, Lane.” Chase says.

Confused I walk in and start to ask, “How’d you know it was m-“  when he points to his nose.

“Oh.”  I pan over to the rest of the class and see Carter and Ace in the back holding in laughter and Adam sitting in the front with a look of pure terror on his face as Chase stands directly in front of him. Oh gosh. I give Chase a pointed look telling him to take it easy and he ignores me saying,

“I’m not done here so just head on over to the pack house and we will all see you there later.” He says.

We all? Is there something going on tonight. I thought I was just going over to talk to him.

Noticing my confusion he says, “We’re having a BBQ tonight. Just a get together.  Ace and Carter will be there shortly.”

“Ok, by guys.”

“Bye, LC!”

“See you later, LC!” the boys shout while Adam still looks scared. I sigh and look back at my boys and leave the room after giving them a wave.

WOW! My life has just decided that it wasn’t having fun and took matters into its own hands huh?

I walk out into the parking lot and suddenly realize that I haven’t brought my car today. As I’m turning to go back into the school to wait for them I suddenly feel arms wrap around my waist and instantly stiffen. These aren’t Chase’s arms nor is this his scent. It smells like,

“Hi, baby girl.”

Shit! Ryder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

BUM BUM BUUMMMM! Haha! There it is. Hope you guys liked it! :)

Vote, Comment, Fan if you want. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

stoic By andie

Teen Fiction

390K 8.5K 48
"Because Mackenzie... We'll never be a thing. It's never going to happen." I'm hurt by his sudden words and I take a step back. He lets out a small...
42.3K 1.6K 37
"I saw that you were perfect and I loved you, then I saw you were not perfect and I loved you even more. " I said to him crying. He said "I hate you...
1.6M 46.4K 38
His lips pulled back into a sneer, "You will stay by me, in this fucking house." He growls, stepping into my personal bubble. His face barely inches...
4M 93.6K 39
He slammed me against the brick wall,making a short gasp escape my mouth. "Your mine...and only mine." He growled in a low,feisty tone...