Color Blind

Por KayyyBrown

Audra Jones left Miami after her longtime boyfriend Antonio cheated on her. Refusing to pity her life, she de... Más

Opening Thought
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Author's Note: Baby Names
Author's Note: IMPORTANT
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
I'm Back!
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Two

76.5K 2.7K 848
Por KayyyBrown

CHAPTER TWO

Feeling salty tears fall down my face, I look up and take in the breathtaking Italian scenery around me.

The massive mahogany canopy bed intertwined with my personal scent of honeysuckle, cocoa, and honey relaxes me a bit. Time to make this house a home!

Wiping the tears, I busy myself unpacking and making my cottage feel like home, making it a place where the old pain isn't welcome. I'm going to make new and joyous memories.

The Tuscany cottage is quite beautiful. I was surprised it was reasonably priced. Two spacious bedrooms, two newly renovated bathrooms that are both a soft cream color that made the mahogany furniture stand out.

The large windows have a spectacular view! I can see the crystal blue waters and bustling of people further out in town. When a nice breeze occurs, I can smell the water.

It's like a personal zen area.

The whole place has a soft and sensual feel to it, just the way I imagined it.

'Antonio would've loved this', I think.

Wait! No! That asshole cheated on me! He doesn't deserve me! You know what? I need some air. It'll give me a chance to really see what Tuscany is like.

I have no intention of leaving, so I need to feel comfortable.

After soaking in a honey and oil bath, I slipinto a golden sundress that hugs my rather curvy frame. My soft skin is glowing and I decided to skip the cosmetics.

Looking in the full length mirror, my content demeanor turned into a sour insecurity that has me hesitant to leave. I'm 5'3, 170 pounds and stretch marks. Though I have a decent shape, I'm just some black girl.

The most sad part is I wasn't insecure until the whole Antonio thing. Now I don't think I'm all that beautiful. No! Antonio will not dictate my self esteem!

Trying to shake off my nervousness, I pic my Afro out and put a sparkly black ribbon in it. Slipping on black sandals and grabbing my purse, I take a deep breath and leave.

Walking down the winding path and into the market area, I take in the beautiful surroundings. The beige brick buildings, the olives growing in many backyards is a lovely sight. The aroma of sparkling blue sea, and Italian food and expensive cologne tickles my nostrils. I'm enjoying myself! Even the sun seems to shine brighter here!

As I keep walking I can't help but notice that men and women stare at me as I move past. Some men even whistle or wink at me, even with their girlfriends right beside them! I guess what they say is true, Italian men are quite the flirtatious species.

Walking rather aimlessly through the streets, I come across a small restaurant with the scent of freshly baked bread and garlic calling me inside.

Without any hesitation and ignoring the hungry looks of men, I go inside and take a seat at a table that has a view to the ocean. It looks as if millions of priceless crystals are floating on the surface. While I let my mind wander, a beautiful waitress comes up to me. Her long brunette hair and bright green eyes sparkle with energy, and I can't help but take a liking to her.

"Welcome to Carmine's! I'm Daniella, what can I get you?" Because I have no menu and I'm surprised she even spoke fluent English, I asked her "What do you recommend?" Quickly she replied, "The shrimp scampi. It's delicious!" Smiling, I took her suggestion and ordered a glass of red wine also. Smiling, she runs off to place my order in to the chef.

After I received a rather large glass of red wine and then the whole bottle , I sat sipping and deep in thought.

Who was I thinking about? Antonio of course. But this time it was different. I didn't cry. I let myself feel the hurt but I didn't leave me feeling broken or empty.

His words and empty promises run through my mind. Maybe this is exactly what I needed, this relocation thing.

Still deep in thought, I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn around to see one of the most beautiful men I have ever encountered. Who is that?!

~Hello lovelies! I want to know what you guys think! Good, bad, or indifferent. I'm open to suggestions too! Thank you for reading also(: Vote/Fan/Comment/Follow

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

415K 10.5K 41
***Interracial Romance*** ***Sexual Content*** Maxx, a middle class good girl who never dares step into trouble and Daniel, a rich bad boy that has...
68.1K 2.7K 81
"Next thing you know, his house had burned down from an "accidental" fire" Valerie Vause is a successful multimillionaire, on her way to the top, the...
604K 27.4K 34
Artura Valentina lives a life that feels as if she's paying for all the bad karma her mom has put out into the universe and now that her mom is gone...
3.8K 195 30
Ada is 20 years old and a very beautiful lady. She losses her dad in the hands of some gang. Sad and having no parents and any other family member...