Darling

By demetria_ehxox

"How long?" Freddy stepped up. Everyone else was distraught. "Looking at the results, a couple of months. Thr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The tale
Chapter 2 - The manor
Chapter 3 - You only live once
Chapter 4 - This is just a dream
Chapter 5 - Frederick and Elizabeth
Chapter 6 - Will they hit me?
Chapter 7 - I will have a date
Chapter 8 - The Dance
Chapter 9 - What attacked you?
Chapter 10 - They are
Chapter 11 - What does it mean?
Chapter 12 - My world stopped
Chapter 13- My world turned on its axis
Chapter 14 - Calming me
Chapter 15 - What's so good about being a vampire?
Chapter 16 - My decision
Chapter 18 - Saving all my energy
Chapter 19 - You?
Chapter 20 - Full of hunger and need
Chapter 21 - You may kiss
Chapter 22 - Please don't leave
Chapter 23 - The fire that burns
Chapter 24 - The viking
Chapter 25 - Will Count Dracula join?
Chapter 26 - The same year
Chapter 27- I give it to you
Epilogue
Writers comment
sequel! - Angel

Chapter 17 - Daddy's little girl

2.3K 66 7
By demetria_ehxox

“Why did this have to happen? Maybe if I stayed, I could of noticed it I’m so sorry.” Colby was clung to me, “Colb, it’s fine. No one noticed the signs. I didn't notice and it’s body. It’s an internal thing.” Then she started crying, oh god.

Pulling away, she wiped the tears and the running mascara away and tried to compose herself. “So is there anything good going on?” I smiled at her.

Colby was older than me by a couple of years. Our parents think the world of her ad thinks she’s Miss.Goody two shoes. Little did they know what when she went to university things changed. Her long term relationship ended and the ‘never ever drunk alcohol’ achievement cracked. Even though dad and I did, she still thought it was horrible. Until now of course.

You can see the resemblance between us both, through our hair and the brown eyes. She was much more beautiful than I was, and had the ‘supermodel bikini body’. It’s annoying being Colby’s little sister. Living behind her, always in her shadow. Now it looks like I am finally out of the shadow. Moving into the light. No pun intended. Not like you step into the light when you die or anything…

I smiled at my sister, “Well as you know about Carlisle, we are still together. He’s taken everything pretty hard, but I am reassuring him. He’s really great.” She smiled a loving smile. Three days ago Carlisle asked me to marry him. If I remember correctly; I laughed.

**Flashback**

Let’s just hope I don’t die before and it be too late…

“Elora, seeing as you will be mine forever…” He was playing with a strand of my hair. Where is he going with this? “Will you marry me?” He looked nervously at me, hope shone in his eyes. Is he being serious?

I am not even old enough to get married without parents’ consent. I am sixteen and have been with him for two months.

Meeting his large, bulging eyes with my own, a stream of giggles tried to escape. Clamping my hand over my mouth, I watched as Carlisle’s eyes lit with amusement. I couldn’t contain it anymore, my giggles became out bursts of laughter. Tears filled my eyes and my breathing was heavy.

I rolled around with my laughter, unable to control it. After a couple of minutes, my laughter began to calm back down, falling back into giggles. Shaking my head, I sighed. “Does my proposal amuse you Darling?” He stroked a stray tear from my left eye, before stroking my cheek lightly.

“I’m sorry but, it’s a bit too soon don’t you think?” He shook his head. “When I was born, when you turned sixteen they tried to marry you off as quickly as they could. You met someone, have a couple of dates, met the family and two weeks later you get married.”

“Yeah but this isn’t fourteen fifteen. It’s twenty thirteen. In two days it will be twenty fourteen. So let’s just act this year. Here you meet a guy, get in a relationship, go to parties have sex way too many times then break up due to cheating, or its nothing more than sex.” I shrugged.

“Well, we’ve gone to parties, or part-y. We are in a relationship, and if you want to have sex I would love to.” The last bit he purred. Oh god. I smacked my forehead with my hand. “That’s not the point I’m making. I knew two people who were together for ten years before getting engaged.” We were left in silence. I didn't know what to say.

“Okay, think about it this way. You want your parents to be happy when you are… gone. Your father will miss the opportunity to walk you up the aisle. Your mother will miss the opportunity to wear some ridiculous hate and boast about how amazing her daughter’s wedding will be. Your family will not be able to see your wedding, and Ali won’t be able to your maid of honour. I want you to experience as much as you can while you are human baby.” Why did he bring my family into this?

“Okay. I will think about it. Give me time, plus this was not a romantic proposal.” We started laughing. “Hmm, I am blackmailing you into marrying me through your parents. How is that not romantic?” He winked at me, and we laughed.

Maybe he was right. Elora Grayson. Now that is just weird.

**End of flashback**

I haven’t told anyone about Carlisle’s proposal. I don’t see why I should.

Colby and I gushed about how hot Carlisle was, as it embarrassing as it was. Ali came through the door, flinging her arms around me. The three girls once again.

Turns out Ali and Ryan broke up and she is seeing Jack… The teacher. I know! What the hell? “I kinda think it’s a bit weird but really hot at the same time.” Ali and Colby nodded at me. It is quite hot, teacher student relationships that is.

“What’s ‘hot’?” Carlisle sauntered into my bedroom, wearing a suit like usual. He was mouth-watering. Yummy.  I flushed, Ali laughed and Colby stared at my boyfriend. Lifting my fluffy pillow, I literally used all my strength to throw the pillow at her.

She snapped out of her daydream as the pillow came into contact with her head. Shaking my head, I laughed at her. “Erm, Ali is dating her teacher…” Carlisle smiled seductively at me, before sitting next to me. He kissed my cheek lightly and lingered. “I’m sure there is something I can teach you.” I blushed from his words, and lowered my head, shielding myself with a curtain of hair.

A rumble came from Carlisle’s chest. Damn he is evil. Since our discussion about marriage, he’s been enjoying teasing me. It’s frustrating.

A yawn escaped my lips, and I felt horrible. “Looks like my Darling needs her rest.” Ali and Colby took the hint as they kissed my cheeks and left. Lying down, Carlisle snuggled up to me. “How do you feel?”

“I’m hurting. A lot. It’s getting worse.” I buried my head in his chest and fought the erge to cry. He held me for what seemed like forever, but it was a little more than twenty minutes. Every now and then there was a shooting pain and I would shriek and shake. They were the worst.

“I hate seeing you like this. Do you want some morphine?” I nodded, and rolled onto my front. Burying my head in the pillows. Due to the main source of pain being at the back, Carlisle lifted my top and relaxed me through our strong bond. I didn't even feel the needle pierce my skin.

The pain began to fade and I began to feel drowsy. We’ve tried using the bond to stop the pain, as pain is something within the mind but it doesn’t always work. I began to feel drowsy. “Go to sleep my Darling. I will be here.” Mumbling a thank you, I fell into a slumber.

-

“I don’t want to wake her… How is she?” “She’s hurting. I gave her some morphine before she fell asleep. She’s trying to be brave for everyone. She hates how much it is hurting everyone.” I recognised my fathers and Carlisle’s voice. They were talking, quite far from me.

“You love her don’t you?” I tried to pretend I was still sleeping, I hoped Carlisle believed me. “Yes, yes I do. This is horrible. I have something to ask you. But I think Baby will be awake any second, so can we go down the hall?” My dad agreed and I cursed myself. You can’t pretend to be asleep in front of a vampire.

Opening my eyes, I saw my father leave and then Carlisle. Carlisle gazed back at me and winked before shutting the door. Damn him. What was he going to ask my father.

Picking up my phone, I text Ali. I haven’t told her I agreed to change into a vampire. She still thinks I’m going to die and that’s all. She’s losing her best friend and every time she tries to talk to me, I’m with Carlisle, falling asleep, or leaving her to throw up. Such a lousy friend.

We text for a while, and she filled me on all the gossip around school. People were feeling horrible from the words of my outburst. Since that day, over a month ago I’ve had people come to my house. My kitchen side is full of home baked cakes, cookies and brownies as they didn't know what to say or do. It was weird, how you can go from being a nobody to have people take time out of their day baking for you, and crying. It was strange.

Cancer is a horrible thing; it effects one in three of us. Whether that’s someone getting it, or someone knowing another person with it. Cancer deaths around here are not common, those who do have minor breast cancer and that can easily be removed. Okay, not easy but you get a large idea that you are going to live. I’ve had no hope from the beginning.

Dad entered five minutes later, Carlisle wasn’t with him which was weird. He smiled when he saw me awake and rushed to my side. Hugging me gently and kissing my forehead. “How are you?”

“I’m okay. Can’t feel much. You’ve got to love morphine.” I smiled at him, he gave me a false smile back. “What was Carlisle talking to you about?” He sighed.

“Do you love him?” I paused, before nodding. “If you could live longer than you have, would you spend it with him?” I felt guilty, we were lying to them all. Instead of saying something, I nodded. “He asked for my permission for him to ask you for his hand in marriage.” I gasped. I told him to give me time!

“And you said?” I was nervous now. “I told him that he has my permission. Whether you guys even get married or not, it’s all I can do. I always dreamed of walking you and Colby up the aisle. You were the one I was more excited for though.” I smiled, “I am a daddy’s little girl.” He smiled and nodded, tears prickling in his eyes. My eyes reflected his as I felt emotional.

“Daddy?” “Yes baby?” “Will you walk me up the aisle?” He smiled, tears falling from his eyes and running down his face. “I would love you.” Shifting, I crawled closer and felt him wrap his arms around me.

I didn't know how long we sat there, hugging and crying. I knew it was the most compassionate moment we’ve had. We were more of the; ‘let’s keep it to ourselves and have a nice drink’.

Sighing I pulled back, the position I was in made me lean to far forward and folding my stomach. “Sweetie, I want what’s best for you. If he makes you happy, I want you to be the happiest girl in the world.” I know he was about to say ‘until the end’, but he held himself.

“Carlisle is downstairs with your mother. He said he won’t say anything to your mother until you guys have spoken. Bless him. I hate to imagine what he will do, after you know… The way he looks at you, it’s like you’re his sun.” I hope I don’t burn him… “You twitch and he looks at you to reassure himself that you are okay, he’s very protective though.”

“I like it. I’ve never had a guy care about me in this way. He is sticking by me through this, he holds my hair when I’m sick, he injects me with morphine to help me. That day with the MRI scan, he knew I was afraid, I knew he was afraid to but he doesn’t show it. He just looks after me, and helps me when I need it without being asked. He’s great.” Talking about him brought a tear to my eye.

My family try and help, but I hate them seeing me like this. I don’t want them remembering me for how ill I was. I pushed them away when I am sick, I pretended to feel fine. I did anything I could think off.

“Well I’m going to help your mother with dinner. Need anything?” “Can you send Carlisle up please? And ask him to bring me a bottle of water. Thank you!” I smiled and he nodded before leaving.

In under a couple of minutes, Carlisle was beside me. Handing me a pint of water he smiled, he looked nervous though. Taking a sip, I placed the glass on my bedside table. Leaning against the pillows, I sighed. Moving uses too much energy.

“So, did your father talk to you?” He was nervous. Being the old me; I played on it. “Yes. How dare you go behind my back to try and get my father to talk me into this? You know what he means to me! How could you?!” He was taken aback by my outburst. I think I did it quite well. “I’m sorry. It’s traditional, I am a man of values Darling. I wanted his approval.” He seemed scared, my heart thawed.

“I’m joking. I just thought I would scare you a bit.” I giggled lightly. As he says ‘it’s the best sound in the world’. He sighed in relief before he glared at me. His eyes narrowed, “You need to stop doing that.” I shrugged. “It’s fun!” “No. It scares me. I hate upsetting you.” I sighed and mumbled an apology. He smiled.

“So what did you tell your father?” I sighed. “I told him, that I want to marry you.” His jaw dropped, then the corners of his lips lifted. “You will?” “Well I am not all that sure. You haven’t even properly asked me yet.” My eyes narrowed at him. He nodded before standing.

His six foot frame stood tall above me, he held his hands out for me. I couldn’t be bothered to stand up but I took his hands. Standing up, I wondered what we are doing.

“Okay, alright. This is perfect.” He was talking to his self. Erm… Then, he sunk down onto one knee. Oh god. I was joking!

Carlisle lifted into his suit pocket and pulled out a ring box. Oh no… This is really happening. My heart pounded in my chest, a beating tattoo. My chest was lifting and falling frantically, due to my breathing.

“Elora, I know you haven’t known me long, nor I you, in person anyway. But I’ve waited my entire life for you. I really have. These circumstances makes everything rushed which I hate, and I hate seeing you so unwell, and in pain. I will be with you forever my love, I promise. I will stand by your side through thick and thin, and I will protect you with my life until the day I have met my final death.

I hope you will make the transition, I can’t lose you. And to know how close it will be breaks my heart. But I love you Elora. You have save my life, in more than one.

Will you do me the honour of being my wife?”

I nodded, tears streaming down my cheeks. “Yes! Yes I will marry you.” He sagged in relief before sliding the large oval diamond ring onto my finger. Before I couldn’t properly look at it, he hooked his arms around me and lifted me into the air. Spinning around, I laughed.

We stopped spinning, but he didn't lower me to the ground. Wrapping my legs around his waist, my eyes never left his.

“I love you Carlisle, I really do.” He smiled. “I love you too Elora. Elora Grayson sounds good.” I laughed making his eyes light up. “I love it when you laugh.” I blushed under his gaze.

My eyes flickered between his eyes and his lips, he was doing the same to me. Licking my bottom lip with my tongue, I watched as he took a sharp intake of breath.

He wasted no time, as he attached his lips to my own. Our lips moved together before our tongues fought each other for the winners title. Of course I succumbed to him and his dominant roll.

We went from standing up, to me being underneath him on the bed. Kissing in a frenzy, I never wanted it to end. Neither did he. 

**Vote, comment and follow! Wonder what happens next... Them kissing and all..** 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 10.9K 48
#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sunshine-y and peachy but just like that, i...
Two Worlds By

Werewolf

40.2K 1.4K 35
In a world where the supernatural live separate from the humans, some live with us but they mostly live in their own worlds. The Royals had a devasta...
19 0 14
Heatwave and Quickshadow are a happily married couple and they live in Fort Worth Texas. Heatwave is a firefighter and Quickshadow is a pediatric onc...
1.6K 355 30
Everyone has their battles. Preston was diagnosed with cancer, leukemia, at 17 years old and 7 years later he was still battling it. He's almost neve...