Sweet Taste

By SmileyKari

Lauren Finn has just graduated from high school and is now going to her college life in Gourmet International... More

A/N :)
A/N :)
Chapter 1: Flight To France
Chapter 2: Gourmet International French Culinary Academy
Chapter 3: My Aunt's House
Chapter 4: Pastry Convention
Chapter 5: Mr. Know-It-All
Chapter 6: First Day In The Academy
Chapter 8: Another Chace
Chapter 9: Love Is What Makes The World Go Round
Chapter 10: First Activity Spoiled
Chapter 11: You Again
Chapter 12: Activity Two
Chapter 13: The Two Blondes
Chapter 14: I Found You
Chapter 15: Brownies
Chapter 16: Chocolate Temptation
Chapter 17: Jump!
Chapter 18: Another Revelation
Chapter 19: Minutes Felt Eternity
Chapter 20: Changes
Chapter 21: Chace Decides What?!
Chapter 22: Tropical Smoothie
Chapter 23: Practice Sessions
Chapter 24: Getaway
Chapter 25: Fruit Cocktail
Chapter 26: Cotton Candy Love ♥
Chapter 27: First Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 28: Second & Third Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 29: Hurts More Than A Scar
Chapter 30: I'm Going Insane Because Of You
Chapter 31: The Kind I Like
Chapter 32: First Round Of The Tournament
Chapter 33: Matter Of Life And Death
Chapter 34: Second Round
Chapter 35: The Deal
Chapter 36: A Long Night
Chapter 37: Third Round: Fight These Feelings
Chapter 38: Third Round: The Judging
Chapter 39: Heart Raced Day
Chapter 40: Frenemenies to Best Friends
Chapter 41: The Revelation Of The Box
Chapter 42: My Sweet Taste Prince
Epilogue-- 5 Years Later

Chapter 7: Why Does This Have To Happen?

3.7K 33 3
By SmileyKari

The teacher came in and her name is Mrs. Flinston.

She told us to copy what she writing on the board because that was our schedule.

And as I wrote down the notes, I couldn’t stop thinking about him.

Not can’t stop thinking about him in a good way. I can’t stop thinking about why is he here?!

Is he here to embarrass me again like what happened last Saturday? Or is he here to apologize?

Wait, I’ll go with the first thought. Yeah, that was it. He came to destroy and embarrass me!

Well, he shouldn’t under estimate me because that won’t happen!

You know what, it’s good too that he’s here, I could show him how much good I am at baking, yeah!

But what irritates me more was he was sitting behind Blake. Ugh.

“Okay class, later at 1 in the afternoon, you will be having the laboratory exam to see what level you’ve got. The mechanics will be given later and also the materials but the theme is ‘Fresh Sensation’. See you later class.” Then the teacher went out.

Wait, what? There’s an exam later....and the theme is ‘Fresh Sensation’?

Ugh, see! THIS guy’s ruining my life! I can’t even think well since he’s in the same class as me!

“Fresh sensation, hmm.” Desiree said.

“I don’t understand if that’s an easy theme or not. We still have plenty more hours to think before the exam.” Drew said.

I saw THAT guy suddenly stood up and what’s worse is Drew patted HIS shoulders as he passed by us.

“Yo, what’s your name?” Drew asked.

HE stopped and turned to look at us all one by one then finally said, “Chace. Chace Smith. You?”

“Drew Patch. My brother,” Drew turned to Blake, “Blake.”

“Hey.” Chace said patting Blake’s shoulders.

“And this is Desiree and Lauren.” Drew pointed at us.

“Hi.” Desiree smiled at him.

But when he looked at me, anger suddenly rushed through my blood. I wanted to spank him, hit him, kick him, shout at him, scream at him, puke at him, or any more horrible stuff that I could do!

He suddenly smirked.

I looked at him with anger in my eyes.

“Can’t believe you study at an academy like this and you still asked me about that mousse. I can’t believe this academy has low standards to have accepted you.” Chace said and turned his back from me.

“What the hell was that?” Blake stood up and pushed him then Drew was trying to stop Blake.

What’s his problem?!

“Well. I think that would be YOU.” I said emphasizing the word ‘you’.

“Show me what you’ve got then. See you at the exam.” Then he shook Blake’s hands away and left.

“Lauren, are you alright?! What the hell is that guy’s problem?!” Desiree said wrapping her arms around me.

“Chace’s really like that. I heard rumours about him before and they don’t sound good.” Drew said.

“He still doesn’t have the right to do that to a girl.” Blake said not looking at me.

“Blake...um, thank you.” I suddenly remembered he tried protecting me a while ago and as that thought pass by me, I blushed like a tomato.

“No problem.” He said then he looked at Drew.  “I think we have to go. Let’s give Lauren some time alone to think since she has a challenge with that Chace.”

“I’m sure you can do it, Lauren! I saw at the academy’s website that you got the highest rank in the girl’s division during the entrance exam!” Desiree said.

Well, that was true. But when you combine it with the boy’s division, I saw that I was ranked 5th.

Who was the other four then? Wow. Men here are good.

“Thanks guys.” I smiled.

“But I suggest you try something you never tried before.” Desiree said as we walked out of the classroom and to the library. Drew and Blake had already left to study at their dorm.

Something new?

The academy has this library at the next building. The library has 2 floors and a room full of computers, no payment.

“Which study habit do you prefer? With someone beside you or alone?” Desiree asked me.

“Um..alone? Sorry.” I said.

“No worries, we’re just the same. I have to ace this or else my scholarship will go bye bye.” Desiree said.

“You’re a scholarship student?” I shockingly said. I really didn’t notice that from her.

“Yeah, I’m just an average kid ya know. I’m not filthy rich.” She laughed.

“Same, I just worked for this all.” I said.

“Awesome.” She smiled. “I’ll just be around here okay?” She said pointing at the wooden table near the ‘Historical’ section of food.

“Sure. I’ll be roaming around. See you around.” I said as I searched for a comfortable place.

The library had a warm feeling. The walls are dark blue carpet styled with brown highlights on the top ceiling. The floor was red-carpeted. The books in the shelves were properly labelled and arranged.

So, where should I start? I’ve got practically 3 hours to think since I had to take lunch.

I decided to search fresh pastry meals in the internet.

*Tap Tap Tap*

I scrolled and opened some links.

I tried tapping again ‘Sweet Deserts’

*Scrolling* *Open some links*

Nothing good.

Okay, what kind of flavour make you feel refreshed?

I stood up from my seats and tried the shelves.

I searched for a section name that would spike me in the head.

I walked and walked and walked. I realized that I already walked the whole first floor after realizing the section names have been repeating again and again.

Okay, second floor, here I come!

I went up the grand stairs holding the golden handle as I go up. Walking at a royal red carpet makes you feel like a princess. Except for the part I don’t have a prince right now.

When I arrived at the second floor, I saw Desiree searching through the pages of a brown book. I wanted to call her but then again she looked so busy.

A section caught my eye.

Puffs and Everything Spice

Fresh means renewed feeling. When you eat spice, you’ll be awake by the taste.

I decided to check out this section and started searching for some books.

Spice.

I can’t put spice in my pastry. The judges will go crazy hot. I need a flavour that says, fun, fresh feeling. Something that says I feel new.

I suddenly felt a bit hungry so I decided to get my breath mints to chew on something for a while.

As I opened the opener and slant the container to my mouth, the first thing I felt was fresh.

Wait a minute, mint! That’s it!

A mint flavoured pastry desert!

I kept on searching and searching for in that section. What kind should I make? I was getting excited since I was getting on to something when I suddenly bumped into someone and a stack of books fell.

“Oh, sorry!” I said and when I turned to face the person, I was so shock to see who it was.

“You alright? I’m sorry!” Chace smiled while lending a helping hand. Wait, what? Chace SMILED AND LENDING ME A HELPING HAND?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah! Is that really Chace or his "Another Character"? :)

COMMENT GUYYYYS!:))) 

Guess if that is not chace or it's just his another character? 

I'll give a shoutout to the ones who gets the correct answers at my next chapter! :) 

I'll be posting the picture of Blake as David Henrie on the side. Just imagine him with eyeglass :)

I hope you guys play another of my game!:))

-SmileyKari :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.3K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
54.6K 2K 77
Welcome to one of the craziest Lunar Chronicles fanfiction of all crazy Lunar Chronicles fanfictions. I present to you a collection of Facebook chats...
1.7M 109K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
133 33 4
In the Idyllic Kingdom Leoht, a great lineage has proceeded for millennia. From raging wars, to horrors both inside and out, the line of the Claris h...