Free! Stories (One-shot FF)

By MeganODowd

Hello everyone! So I've decided to make one-shot fanfictions with the boys from Free! Iwatobi Swim Club. Sinc... More

Future (MakotoxReader)
Confession (RinxReader)
Bring on the Rain (HaruxReader)
Injured (SousukexReader)
Surprise! (NagisaxReader)
Glasses (ReixReader)
Movie Date (MakotoxReader)
Ferris Wheel (RinxReader)
Jealous (RinxReader)
Swimming Lessons (HaruxReader)
Physical Therapy (SousukexReader)
Halloween Party (VariousxReader)
Christmas Decorating (HaruxReader)
Mistletoe (MakotoxReader)
Christmas Tree (ReixReader)
Christmas Shopping (NagisaxReader)
Cheating? (RinxReader)
Special (VariousxReader)
Amusement Park (NagisaxReader)
Studying (MakotoxReader)
Unsteady (drunk!MakotoxReader)
Love Letters (VariousxReader)
The Breakup (jealous! MakotoxReader)
Helping Hand (Makotoxscared!Reader)
Butterflies (ReixReader)
Mama... (VariousxReader)
Caught in the Rain (VariousxReader)
Welcome Home (HaruxReader)
Geek or Chic (Variousxmegane! Reader)
Haru's Sister (VariousxNanase!Reader)
Scavenger Hunt (NagisaxReader)
Movie Night (RinxReader)
I'm Sorry (VariousxReader)
Bugs! (MomotarouxReader)
Halloween Scenarios
She (Variousxtragic!Reader)
First Meeting (VariousxReader)
Secret Admirer (VariousxReader)
Love is Beautiful (ReixReader)
Gaming Buddies (MakotoxReader)
Butterfly Collector (MomoxReader)
Sunshine on a Gloomy Day (NatsuyaxReader)
Karaoke Proposal (MakotoxReader)
Vampire Boys (VariousxReader)
The Twelve Days of Christmas (Iwatobi Style)
The Wedding (MakotoxReader)
Gold Medal Proposal (RinxReader)
The Wedding 2 (RinxReader)
A Dance to Remember Part 1 (VariousxPrincess!Reader)

Before You Go (SousukexReader)

982 40 22
By MeganODowd

A/N: Part 30! It seems kind of surreal that I've written so many one-shots. I want to say thank you to those who have encouraged me to keep writing these. The prospect of writing so many continuous one-shots feels daunting sometimes, but I'm glad to have so much support.

Thank you as well to my voters, commenters, and shadow readers!

So this is the "I love you" Sousuke continuation one-shot. When I was typing it, I felt like it was too short and was lacking detail, but I wanted to get to the good stuff and just skim through the not so important details. It turned out to be almost 1500 words.

Well I hope everyone enjoys it!
__________________________

Today was your last full day before you took a plane to Tokyo to attend university. You were leaving a little earlier than when classes would begin to get settled in your apartment. So, you were spending the whole day with Sousuke.

He was the best boyfriend you could ever have hoped for, letting you make the decisions on what to do for the whole day. You had insisted he be the one to choose, but it was your last day with him, and the brunette wanted the day to be the best you'll have with him for a while.

You gave in. One, because he could be intimidating, and two, because he was just too cute when being insistent.

Sousuke was picking you up from your house.

You wanted to look your best so you decided to wear your (favorite skirt/jeans) and (matching top/favorite shirt), as well as your go to shoes.

Right on time there was a knock at your front door; your mom being the person to answer. You were almost done fixing your hair.

"Good morning Mrs. (L/n)," Sousuke greeted. You could hear him from the bathroom, and smiled to yourself at how polite he was to your mom.

"Hi Sousuke-kun. It's so good to see you." You knew your mom was smiling. She loved it now that the two of you have been dating. "Come on in. (F/n) should be just about done getting ready."

A moment later you emerged from the bathroom and went to the front door. Upon seeing Sousuke, your lips broke out into a smile. "Hey Sou," you greeted.

"Wow, you look great (F/n)," he complimented and smiled a little.

"Thank you. So do you." It was still kind of chilly out, so he was wearing a teal jacket with a high collar and white drawstrings. The zipper was open revealing the white t-shirt he wore underneath, and the sleeves were pushed up a little showing his forearms a bit. To finish off the outfit, he wore dark jeans with his usual sneakers.

"Thanks. Where to first?"

"The movies." After you put your (color) jacket on, you grabbed your (purse/small bag) and slung it over your shoulder ready to go.

"Have fun you two!" Your mom bid farewell with a wave and a happy smile.

You picked an (action/romance/thriller/scary/comedy) movie. When the two of you left, Sousuke either enjoyed it, or regretted letting you pick the film.

Next on the agenda was perusing stores at the mall. It wasn't a huge building, but the mall had two stories and stores ranging from food to items for the house.

You and the whale-shark boy held hands the whole time. There was a shop that had a necklace you had been eyeing for some time. The jewelry store was on the small side with little sections for different colors that had bracelets, necklaces, earrings, etc.

"Oh Sousuke! Come look at this!" and you pulled him over to the piece of jewelry on display. "Isn't it beautiful?" The necklace you showed him had a (gold/silver chain) with a (small/medium-sized) pendant (in any shape you want).

"Yeah." He reached for it and gently took it off the hook. He was about to head to the checkout counter to purchase it.

"You don't have to get it for me Sou," you said touching his arm. "It's on the expensive side." You didn't want him to go out of his way and buy it for you.

"It's fine. You've been wanting it for a while now, right? Besides, I saved up some money helping my dad at the shop."

"Alright, thanks," you said smiling a little. He continued up to the cashier. She was an older lady with graying hair at her temples. He placed the necklace on the counter for her to ring up.

"For your girlfriend?" the woman inquired with a knowing smile. Your cheeks burned at her observation. She rung up the purchase and took the price tag off so Sousuke could put it around your neck.

No words were exchanged as you turned and let him slip the necklace over your front, and then clasp it behind your neck. You turned and smiled at your boyfriend. Then you stood on your toes to kiss his cheek. "Thanks."

There was a chorus of "Aw" in the shop at the cute display of affection. When you pulled away it looked like Sousuke was blushing slightly. You both left the store a blushing mess.

"Let's go get some lunch," you suggested after a moment, while playing with the pendant on your new necklace. You picked a (cafe/pizzeria). You ordered your favorite, then Sousuke ordered his and paid.

The two of you sat at a small table nearby. Conversation while eating consisted of talk about the movie you saw earlier, some random things here and there, and Sousuke told you he was going to work with his dad, but that he wasn't giving up on swimming completely. It was just going to be more of a leisurely activity.

After eating, you and the tall brunette walked outside a little enjoying the cool weather. Then the next activity was ice skating. There was an ice rink nearby, but you had to hop on a bus for a few stops to get to it from the mall.

The skating rink was a large, white domed building, with the rink itself being the size of a hockey rink. There was a desk when you enter where you paid for skates. There was no time limit on how long you could rent them.

You and Sousuke spent a better part of the afternoon there. It was a blast (learning to skate/schooling Sousuke). And there was some falling (on your part/on his part).

You wanted the last place on your list of things to do to be the park. By the time you took the bus back and got off at the closest stop, it was nearing twilight. The sun was beginning to set and it made the clouds glow almost gold.

Some kids were still playing and running around the park. It made a nice atmosphere as you and Sousuke sat relaxed on the swings. You were using your legs to gently move yourself backward and forward.

As the two of you just watched a couple of kids play hide and seek, a thought occurred to you. "I bet I can go higher than you on the swing," you said smirking, while challenging the butterfly swimmer.

Sousuke returned the smirk and replied, "You're on." You went as far back as you could on the swing, kicked off, and then began the rhythmic back and forth motion of your legs.

Sousuke was at an advantage with his longer legs, but that wasn't going to stop you from going the highest. You had the advantage though of being lighter.

The two of you were neck and neck for a moment. You laughed from sheer enjoyment of going higher and higher on the swing. Feeling the wind on your face made you feel like a little kid again.

After a few moments your legs were tired and you began to slow down. Your laughter died down as well. Before coming to a complete stop, you let your feet make tracks in the mulch.

"That was fun!" you exclaimed, followed by a content sigh as you got off the swing and stretched. The park was now silent and you could hear the crickets chirping, and the occasional car passing along the street.

The sky had darkened a little more. It went from a dark blue, to a lighter shade, and finally to a soft yellow where the sun had sunk below the horizon. It was a very romantic atmosphere.

"(F/n)," you heard Sousuke speak to the side of you.

You turned to look at him and hummed a, "Hm?"

He got off the swing and walked in front of you so the two of you could be properly face to face. "There's something I wanted to tell you." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and continued, "I figured now would be a good time as any..." The teal-eyed male paused as you waited patiently, but expectantly for what he was to say next.

He gently cupped both sides of your face and stared lovingly into your (color) eyes. "I love you." He spoke lowly and gave you a small smile.

Suddenly, tears began to fall from your (color) orbs and onto Sousuke's rough, large hands. You smiled back a teary, closed-eyes smile. "I love you too." He wiped your tears away with his thumbs and rested his forehead on yours.

The two of you stood there exactly as you had back when you reconnected with the butterfly swimmer. But this time, the tears were happy ones.
__________________________
A/N: Let me know what you thought in a comment if you are so inclined. Please consider voting as well.

So I will be writing the 3k words special next. I only got one response on what to write, so I will be doing the more upbeat option. It will be another scenario type of one-shot and various x reader.

I hope everyone will enjoy it.

Till next time! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 1.1K 63
HQ!! x Reader --Oneshots-- Where as (y/n)-you-are paired with many and most HQ!! guys, and girls if you want, just ask in the comments. The scenari...
125K 4.2K 54
~(^v^)~ Completed ~(^v^)~ 1st place in the Makoto Tachibana category, Free! Watty Awards 2nd place in the Free! Category, Anime Watty Awards HEADCANN...
14K 222 10
This is my first 'Free! Eternal Summer' FanFiction series. Disclaimer - I do not own any of the mentioned characters nor pictures and artworks used...
789K 18.6K 103
Hi there guys. I know everybody who watches free really love the guys from there. So I'm creating a free x reader story. I know I could do it in my A...