That Geek Is A Trouble

Bởi nerdy_jags

[Completed] Highest rank - #68 in General Fiction (10/07/16) ****** Almost every girl has a story of how she... Xem Thêm

Few Words For The Readers
CHAPTER 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Not an Update!
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Apology
Epilogue Part 2

Epilogue (Part 1)

76 6 8
Bởi nerdy_jags

"Calm down, Lily. It's just a matter of few days. You will get through it." Balancing the phone in between my ear and shoulder I closed my locker and turned around to walk the memorized route towards the cafe. I just had a break from all my lectures and my stomach was screaming for food. 

"No! You don't understand. It's not just a few days. It a whole month, Chas! How am I suppose to stay with him for one whole effing month?"

I had to distance the phone away from my ear to avoid possible damage to my eardrum. That's how loud she was speaking. She was basically screaming in panic for the past one hour. I would say I felt sorry for her but I didn't.

It's been five months since Lily and Keith had graduated from the college. I still have two months to go thanks to my one semester back. But I wasn't complaining being alone. It, in fact, helped me.

Keith got a job in New York in one of the biggest construction company soon after he graduated. While Lily got recruited by an architecture firm. Now by some twisted coincidence both their companies got the same job and by some even more twisted coincidence, their companies assigned Lily and Keith together for the work. If only they were still together she would have been singing a different tune but unfortunately for me, especially, I have to deal with two best friends who can't stand each other. The last few months before they left the university was a literal hell for me.

And now they not only have to stay in each other's presence but have to work together. 

I don't know whether to be happy hoping for a good outcome or to prepare for a third world war.

"Deep breaths, Lily! In and out. In and out!"

I could hear her taking long breaths to calm herself down. At least, she was following something of what I was suggesting. 

"Feeling okay?"

"Y..yes."

"Good. Listen. It will be okay. Go there and try. If you still don't feel comfortable then ask you firm to assign someone else and call you back. I'm sure they will understand." Will they? 

"I guess. Thank you, Chas. I don't know what I'd be doing without you!" I rolled my eyes on her over-dramatic tone.

"Stop being dramatic on my ass and get back to packing."

Her laugh trickled down my ear through the phone. "Aye! Aye! Captain!" 

I chuckled bidding her goodbye.  Tucking my phone inside my shoulder bag I looked up at the cafe board spelling out its name. Darling's Cafe. Some old memories floated back stretching the already present small smile on my face. 

"Hey! Freddy boy." I greeted the boy behind the counter in a pink apron sporting bubble pink hair. (**Anyone remembers our Freddy boy?

"Hey! Chas." He greeted back excitingly. "What can I get for you today?"

"You know my usual." 

"Okay then! One usual coming right up." 

I nodded and said before leaving, "Nice hair though." I didn't miss how his cheeks turned a shade lighter than his hair color before turning around. 

I walked towards my usual seat near the windows and sat there. I could have gone to my apartment directly since I had no classes in afternoon. But I didn't. It had become more and more difficult for me to stay in that apartment as time passed by.  Like ghosts, it held a lot of memories which haunted me. So I try being out. 

I even made new friends. Though I was still the same couch potato. Awkward as hell around new people I still hung out with them. As long as I could find excuses to stay away from the place I was fine with being an awkward potato. But no matter how many people surrounded me there was still a void inside me. It's no mystery because of whom I felt the emptiness. 

Only if he knew.

Did he still remember me?

Why did he leave before saying anything? At least a goodbye.

Was I nothing for him?

All these questions would keep me awake even after one year have passed. I had tried every possible way to contact him. To find him. But it felt like he was trying not to be found. It was only last month that I finally took a step back from my search mission after facing too many disheartening failures. 

I was stuck at the crossroad where I couldn't decide whether to let him go or combust my 100% into looking for him. One thing for sure I can never forget him. He has become an integral part of my day to day thoughts and my life. Like a body part, I cannot cut off. Revisiting all the memories that we shared. Whether it was us bickering, fighting or teasing. It became a hobby of mine.

A crash broke my train of thoughts and brought me back to the cafe I was sitting. Looking sideways I saw Freddy boy sweeping the spilled food while apologizing to a guy. I raised my eyebrows at the scene. I couldn't see his face as his back was turned towards me. He was well dressed like some corporate person. All I could say was he was tall. Like really tall. I felt a prick in my chest but I brushed it off for nothing. 

Him in a suit? I scoffed at my thoughts.

What AU are we in?

My view was blocked as Freddy boy came next to my table with an apologetic face. "I'm sorry. Your food will take a little more time. I bumped.."

"I saw. " This made his already sad face drop further. Oops! Wrong words. Giving him a big smile, I cheered him. "Don't worry! Take your time. I'm not going anywhere. And I'm not that hungry." Liar liar. I could hear my stomach saying that.

Patting my stomach I said, "My tummy can wait. So turn up those lips of yours. Sad doesn't suit your handsome face." This seemed to cheer him. Well, more than cheer him. He turned red again but now a wide smile stretched across his face.

He literally skipped towards the kitchen as I shook my head. But I couldn't help but smile myself seeing his form disappearing into curtains. My eyes shifted to the tall man who was now standing by the counter perhaps give his order.

Shaking my head again, I retreated my eyes and fixed them on the salt and pepper shaker placed on the table. I picked them up and started playing with them. Somehow they slipped from hand and rolled off the table towards the side. Trying to save them from dropping I extended my hands but it was too late. My hand enclosed over just one missing the other shaker.

I closed my eyes expecting to hear the crashing sound anytime soon mentally cursing myself for increasing Freddy boy's work. But the sound never came. 

Curiously, I opened my eyes to check what happen only have my hold on the saved shaker to lose and let it crash against the floor. But this time the sound of the crash couldn't break me out of the trance I was in. I was shocked.

Screw it. 

I was shell-shocked. 

Standing in front of me was the man I was looking for almost a year. The man who lived in my every sleeping and waking thoughts. Who tore me apart and fixed me at the same time. 

For whom I have been searching everywhere forgetting about myself in the process. And now he was standing here in front of me in a well-tailored suit. Looking as handsome as ever with his blue sparkling eyes. Giving me his signature smirk.

"Close your mouth, Chas. You wouldn't want to catch a fly. Would you?"

What do you suggest I should have done then?

I don't know about you but my first reaction was something that made Freddy drop my food yet again.

******

*offers muffins as a peace offering*

So sorry for updating after 9782668 years. I wish I can present some other excuse other than saying that I was busy.

I don't even know if anyone is still sticking around for this book. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get a single read. Well, I'm to blame.

If someone is still around then.... a thousand hugs to you and a thousand muffins. Love you lots for still having some faith in me. 

Good news: I finally got my Masters degree (Post graduation). I'm starting my PhD. Well, already started. So in like 3 years (hopefully), I'll have a 'doctor' in front of my name. You know like Dr. Ross. Get it. Get it? Friends reference? Oh well, okay.

Part 2 of the Epilogue will be up soon. Working on it as I speak. 

Comment your thoughts. It's been a while talking to you guys.

Love you

-- Jags

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3M 122K 60
Highest ranking: #9 Romance & #4 in General Fiction!!! WARNING: I wrote this book when I was 17 so there is a ton of grammatical errors so please re...
His Wife Bởi

Lãng mạn

1.4K 92 4
A woman in her 20's cooking late night maggi with sleepy eyes, her eyes are screaming emptiness, after 5 minutes she took her hot maggi to her room a...
3.3K 174 28
Iam fucking telling you guys not to take it seriously .This IS JUST AF FICTIONAL SO TAKE IT HAS A FICTIONAL AND DON'T RELEAT ANYTHING TO REALITY.IAM...
609 65 26
Paranoia... has become my constant companion. Ahh... Danny, what've you gotten yourself into? Thought I was doing something... thought I was gonna g...