DISTANCE (Josh Dun x Reader)...

By idkbrooklyn

❝THERE'S NO SUNSHINE.❞ ☼ (SEQUEL TO CLOSE) More

prologue
one
two
three
four
the album
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty øne
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
-
book three
THE PROLOGUE

seventeen

5.6K 192 783
By idkbrooklyn

-Your P.O.V-

Josh texts me, asking if I wanted to hang with him and Tyler and Jenna.

hey sunshine, wanna hang today with ty and jenna?

sure sounds fun :-)

cool we'll pick u up in a few. (btw tyler and i found a selfie stick)

Attached to the message was a few pictures Josh sent me of him and Tyler.

(A/N: i've been looking for an excuse to put these pictures in the story but couldn't think of anything so here u go lol)

I smile wide and giggle at the two before texting Josh back.

you two are dorks, love u

The day after the AMA's went fast. Before I knew it, the concert was only a couple hours away.

I spent most of the time before the show hanging with Josh, Tyler, and Jenna. We had brunch. We talked about the AMA's, Broken Castle's last show on tour and more.

All of us were on our way to tonight's venue. My phone vibrated in my back pocket, I look to see a text from Karma.

hey, what's up?

not much, what's up w u?

just found this.

I click on the picture K sent me and see that it's a series of tweets talking about Josh.

"Twenty One Pilots drummer Josh Dun sends Broken Castle's (Y/N) (L/N) a kiss at last nights American Music Awards."

What? How could they even know that was for me? I-I mean...it was but it's not like they know that for a fact!

Digging further into this nonsense, I open Twitter.

If something major happens, the Twitter community is definitely gonna be talking about it.

Scanning different tweets, I see a smorgasbord of replies.

"pls tell me that kiss was for (Y/N)! i miss those two :-("

"ugh i'm so tired of hearing abt josh and (Y/N). they weren't good for each other imo."

"josh and (Y/N) didn't work out before, what makes them think they're gonna work this time ??"

"tbh i still hardcore ship (whatever you and josh's ship name would be)"

I nudge Josh slightly with my elbow and he turns to me. I show him my phone, displaying the link Karma sent me.

He pays attention, grabbing my phone with his free hand as his other hand was intertwined with mine.

Josh roll his eyes.

"Eh, whatever I guess. It's dumb but everyone is gonna find out sooner or later." He pecks my forehead.

"But do we want them to find out this way? Without us confirming anything? Will they think we're being silly or that were scared of people judging us or-"

"Sunshine."

Josh stares at me with wide eyes.

I stare back.

"Joshua."

Josh couldn't help but giggle.

"Relax. No matter what happens, as long as I have you I'll be okay." Josh lifts his hand with mine and kisses my knuckles.

I can't help but grin as I reply.

"Whatever you say, boy." I say, ruffling his neon hair.

-Josh's P.O.V-

Broken Castle was getting ready to head to the stage for the last performance of the tour. I was standing beside (Y/N) as she began doing some strange vocal exercises.

I tell the twins to "break-a-leg" before (Y/N) turns to me.

"You got your ear piece?" I ask.

"Yep!" She replies quickly.

"Microphone?"

"It's on stage!"

"Guitar?"

"Also on stage." She smiles.

"Okay, sounds like you're all set Sunshine!" I smile back.

(Y/N) takes a deep inhale before exhaling.

I look at her and her eyes seem to grow by the second.

"I love you." She states.

"And I love you." I wrap my arms tightly right before she waves and jogs to the stage.

Eventually I leave backstage and head over to Ty and Jenna.

We're in the middle of enjoying the concert when suddenly, Victoria is standing behind me.

"Josh!" I hear her yell over the music.

I turn around and meet eyes with (Y/N)'s sister.

"Oh, hey Victoria. Haven't seen you in a while." I greet her.

"Yes, it has been a while hasn't it?" She agrees. "Let's talk after the concert!"

Uh, okay? A little weird but sure.

"Sure." I nod.

"Great, see ya then." She walks away.

Tyler stares at me.

"What was that about?" Tyler points at Victoria walking away.

"Says she wants to talk after the concert." I shrug, being as confused as Tyler.

The concert reaches it's end and the entire stadium erupts in an applause.

I go to find Victoria and see her standing backstage.

"Hey, Victoria. What's up?" I say.

"Hey Josh! It's good to see you. Um, I know it's probably weird of me to want to talk to you." She giggles and shrugs.

"Heh. Nah, don't worry about it. What is it?" I reply.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about (Y/N)." She looks up at me.

(Y/N)? What about her?

"What about (Y/N)?" I shrug.

"You guys are back together, correct?"

Uh-huh..

I nod.

"Just curious um, have you thought at all about your future with my sister?" Victoria tilts her head.

Um...what?

"What do you mean-"

"Oh..I don't know..moving-in together-, marriage-, honeymoon-, kids-, retirement plans-"

Victoria starts to list off many things on her fingers as she talks so fast and I zone out just staring with wide brown eyes.

...What is she getting at? What would make her even think of this stuff?

"Victoria...We just got back together." I remind (Y/N)'s sister.

"Oh, I know! I'm just wondering. You two plan on staying together, right?" She questions.

"Well, uh-yeah that's the plan?" I answer, confused.

"Listen, Joshua, you two seem very happy together and I'm happy for you! But, my sister was heartbroken when you broke up with her...I just don't want to hear another sad, heartbroken chapter about Josh Dun again."

I tilt my head at her.

(Y/N)'s told me some stories about Victoria and how she can get out of hand sometimes. I didn't want to seem rude by brushing her off.

I know she won't leave me alone unless I agree with her.

"Uh, no yeah, you're uh, you're totally right." I nod my head.

She smiles.

"Glad you think so!" She whispers, her eyes piercing into mine just by looking at me.

"Hey! What are you guys doing?"

Thank. God.

Victoria and I both look at (Y/N) as she walks up to us.

"Hey!" I wrap my arm around her shoulder and side-hug her. "Oh, nothing just talking." I tell (Y/N).

Victoria nods along, still grinning.

"About what?" (Y/N) tilts her head to look at Victoria then me.

"You!" Victoria admits.

(Y/N) seems a bit taken back and confused.

Yeah, me too (Y/N).

"Why?" She asks abruptly.

Victoria begins to speak.

"I was just curious as to-"

"OK, I want a group photo right now with all of you!" Karma suddenly enters the conversation with her twin, Grayson.

Phew.

"Hey, excuse me, could you please take our photo?" The female twin asks an employee standing by.

Then, Tyler and Jenna also enter the room.

"Ooh perfect! Jenna, Tyler come stand over by us, we're taking a group photo." K exclaims excitedly.

They both chuckle a bit before walking over.

Everyone poses with bright smiles as the employee takes our photo and the flash almost blinds us.

"Thanks!" K grabs her camera and turns to face all of us.

She looks as if she's trying to hold back from smiling too much but can't help it.

"AH GROUP HUG." K's arms all of a sudden try to wrap around everyone else's as we all laugh.

(A/N: aw i miss glee)

We all release after a while and I feel my stomach grow hungry.

"Hey, I'm hungry. Let's get food." I suggest.

"Josh, it's almost midnight." (Y/N) replies, chuckling.

"Um, it is never too late to get food." Grayson speaks up for what he believes.

I nod agreeing as everyone laughs with Grayson.

(Y/N) shrugs.

"If you insist, let's go everyone!" She skips merrily to the car.

"Taco Bell?" Tyler leans over to me.

"Taco Bell." I agree with my band member as we bro-fist, following the rest of our friends.

A/N: sorry not much happened in this chapter but hey! broken castle's tour is over now! something's bound to happen now right?

so i have this like short story idea surrounding tyler and i was thinking i could publish it as a book and if people seem to like it i'd start a twenty one pilots imagines book! does that sound good with you all? the story
abt tyler would only be three parts long bc that's how long i tend to make it but yeah! lol
(edit: i just published it! go check out my profile if you wanna read it its called "a car, a torch, a death")

hope you enjoyed. :-) stay RAD

-b

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 9.4K 80
❝Leo, that's stupid. Count me in.❞ Highest ranking: #927 in Fanfiction 7/10/2017 [ Percy Jackson Fanfiction ] [ Oneshots x Reader ] ©cinnamjoonroll s...
72.5K 1.2K 53
Upon chance, you meet Josh Dun in the park one night. I'm so bad at writing descriptions, I don't want to give stuff away If you're looking for more...
80.1K 2.2K 64
These are not related to one another in anyway, just a collection of random one shots!
20.3K 1.3K 45
«joshler» Tyler's suicidal, and Josh is too. «sequel to just children once» **LOTS OF TRIGGERS**