8 Years Gap

By rylidescent

How long can you wait for the love you thought impossible? How much effort do they need to be together? --- T... More

P R O L O G U E
Gap #1
Gap #2
Gap #3
Gap #4
Gap #5
Gap #6
Gap #7
Gap #8
Gap #9
Gap #10
Gap #11
Gap #12
Gap #13
Gap #14
Gap #15
Gap #16
Gap #17
Gap #18
Gap #19
Gap #20
Gap #21
Gap #22
Gap #23
Gap #24
Gap #25
Gap #26
Gap #27
Gap #28
Gap #29
Gap #30
Gap #31
Gap #32
Gap #33
Gap #34
Gap #35
Gap #36
Gap #37
Gap #38
Gap #39
Gap #40
Gap #41
Gap #42
Gap #44
Gap #45
Gap #46
Gap #47
Gap #48
Gap #49
Gap #50
Gap #51
Gap #52
Gap #53
Gap #54
Gap #55
Gap #56
Gap #57
Gap #58
ANNOUNCEMENT

Gap #43

789 9 10
By rylidescent

Angeli's POV

Nagtanong ako kay na Vi, Dawn, Riya at Nana kung ano yung picture na yun pero hindi daw nila alam. Wtf. Tumatawa nga sila kanina eh. Tulog naman kasi ako. Hay. Bahala na nga. Makuha ko na nga yung pera ko para makabili na kami nila Vi at Dawn ng lunch. Bumalik na ako sa original seat ko dahil iba yung seating arrangement namin kanina.

"Anj, talagang curious ka nuh?" Rielle told me while grinning. 

"Yeah. Ako lang ata hindi nakakaalam eh." Nanghihinayang kong sagot sa kanya. 

"Pakita ko sayo, gusto mo?" And I nod with excitement.

Akma niya ng ipapakita sa akin nang humarang sa gitna namin si Chase. "Anj, hindi mo na siya kailangan makita. About lang naman yan sa akin, so..." Nung nakita ko sa mukha ni Chase na nahihiya siya, ngumiti na lang ako.

"Sige. Wag na lang, Rielle. Thanks na lang." Sabay ngiti ko kay Rielle.

"Anj, halika na!" Tawag sa akin ni Vi at lumabas na kami para bumili ng lunch.

"About lang pala kay Chase yung picture." Sabi ko kay na Vi at Dawn habang naglalakad kami papunta sa canteen sa labas ng building.

Nagtinginan sila Vi at Dawn at sabay sabing, "Kay Chase lang?" Wow. Sabay pa sila ah. Hahahaha.

"Yup! Sabi sa akin ni Chase, so nevermind. Hahahaha." Ngiti kong sagot sa kanila at bumuntong hininga na lang sila. 

Huh? May nasabi ba akong mali?

"Halika na nga. Wag mo na isipin yun." At naglakad na kami papunta sa canteen. 

Pero nakaka-OP dahil ako lang may hindi alam nung sa picture na yun. Oh well. Hindi naman kami close ni Chase eh.

Knight's POV

I went to the faculty and I saw Sr. Yumiji's phone on his table. I peeked at his phone and was shocked because of the picture I saw. 

Sr. Yumiji entered in the faculty room and he noticed that I was shocked because of the picture.

"This doesn't mean anything though." He told me and smirked. 

"That's PDA, Yumiji." I told him and pointed the picture.

"It's not. They are not kissing or hugging or doing anything stupid, so it isn't. You're just jealous. Hahahaha." Tinawanan niya pa ako. Gago 'to ah.

"Aren't you jealous?" Because I really am. They are just inches apart. It almost seems like they are in a relationship.

"At first, I was but Angeli doesn't know anything so make sure she will not know." He told me seriously.

"And why?"

"Because they will be awkward to each other. They are classmates, remember? What if they happen to be in the same group? Else, what if the guy is in a relationship?" He has a point and I am just a student-teacher. The principal won't believe me anyway.

"So they are not really that close?" Maybe this is just a misunderstanding.

"Yes and please don't tell it to the principal. Angeli will also be in trouble if you do that." Wow. He knew what will I do. 

"Fine." I just sat on my swivel chair and arrange my corrections in my presentation for my next class.

I chatted Angeli if I could drive her home later.

Angeli Montano: Sure, there's something I want to talk about.

Yes! Though she wanted to talk to me about something, I wonder what is it about. Maybe it's about what I did. Hay.

"Having problems, Sr. Knight?" Yumiji smirked at me. This guy.

"None, Sr. Yumiji." I coldly smiled at him and he just laughed it off.

I wonder what Angeli liked about him.

***

Angeli told me to wait still in the parking lot. Ichachat niya daw ako kung nasa gate 2 na siya. Nung tumunog yung messenger ko, tiningnan ko kaagad.

Angeli Montano: I'm here at gate 2.

Knight Salvai: Okay. 

I drive to gate 2 and I saw her standing at the bus stop. Pagkatigil ko sa harap niya, pumasok siya kaagad sa tabi ng driver's seat. Nagseatbelt siya at natawa na lang ako.

"What?" She looked at me straightly.

"Nope. You fastened your seatbelt before I did." I started to drive and I drove slowly. Thanks to the traffic, Angeli won't notice it.

"Well, I've learned from that time." Shit. It really is her first kiss. Ugh. I shouldn't have done that.

"Anyway, what do you want to talk about?" I just sighed, trying to change the topic.

"It's about Kuya Yumi." She is serious based from her voice. 

That guy again, huh.

I paused for a moment. "What about him?"

"Please don't tell him that I told you about what I told you." I looked at her and she pleaded worriedly. 

"I already did." I can't look at her.

But I want to be honest to her. I don't want to lie.

"Why?!" She's shocked, but what can I do?

I loved her and waited for her ever since.

How can I see you be with someone else and just do nothing?

"For your own sake."

I want to know if that guy is really serious to you.

"Why are you calm about this?"

Do I look like I'm calm about this?

"I'm not!"

Right now, I want to rush to make you fall in love with me. But I guess I really can't because your feelings are more important than mine.

"Then why did you tell him?"

Because he is not the only one who loves you.

"Because I want to know how Yumiji will react." I faced her seriously. Seeing him react is a fact though.

"And what is his reaction?" Based from her looks, she's curious about it.

"That's between Yumiji and I. You don't need to concern yourself with that." It's a secret until Yumiji and I will settle things out.

She just sighed. "That's it?" I asked her because she became quiet.

"Well, yeah. Ikaw naman po, Sr. Bakit niyo po ako gusto ihatid sa office ng Mom ko pauwi?" I gulped. Gonna make an excuse for this one.

"Well, I can't tell you about it right now."

"Eh? Why?" She is getting curious in every thing I say.

"Basta."

If I say it to her right now, it will be awkward for us to face each other. I still want to know her more. The more I know about her, the more I'll understand her.

"What did you like about Yumiji?" Buti stop yung stoplight bago ko 'to maitanong. Gusto ko kasi makita yung reaction niya.

I knew what her reaction will be, still I asked her. She blushed and smile lightly. "I don't know, but what made me fall in love with him is his honesty."

So unfair.

"Just that?" I don't want to look at her anymore. It's just painful.

"It's not so simple to me back then because I had trust issues. I was really careful if he or she is lying to me or not, but I knew he isn't. He is showing his true self to me. At that time, I realized that I fell in love with the real one and not the fake one. If I ever fall in love with him, I'll accept his whole self either perfections or imperfections."

Stop that.

"You're really in love with him."

"Nope. I just like him." And smiled innocently.

"Oh? I see."

But it seems like you are.

"But you know what? There's someone I am in love with. I was waiting for her, but it seems I'm too late."

"Why?" She really wanted to know, then I'll let her know.

"Because she already likes someone else." And I stare at her and she averted it after.

"A-ah. Sino po yun?"

"I won't tell you, but I'll tell you her characteristics and personality." Let's see if she's slow or not.

"Sure, Sr!" Idiot. Don't smile at me like that. You'll make me tell you that it's you.

"She is really not that sexy and beautiful girl." 

"Girl? Hindi po ba dapat woman?" She asked me with her left eyebrow raised.

"She's years younger than me."

"Ahhh." She just nod and let me continue.

"She's a little chubby, wears eyeglasses, loves the blue color--any shades, like scenery more than the people, likes to help people a lot, always trying her best at anything, tries her best befriending someone but end up leaving her, had trust issues. Despite all of her trust issues, she chose to smile behind her hurting heart." I looked at her and she just sighed.

"It seems like the girl you like and I are the same."

"Yeah."

Because it is you. I've always watched you from afar.

"Do I looked scary to you?" I asked out of nowhere because she always avoid my eyes when I was teaching her in Grade 8.

"Hala. Hindi po. It's just that, your voice is really manly that I see you as a man, Sr." I just smiled.

"That's good." I hid my smile and look in front. I don't want her to know that I'm so happy hearing those words. I thought she sees me as a teacher.

"Ang lalim po kasi ng boses niyo eh. Scary." Natawa na lang ako kasi ang honest niya magsalita. 

I hope that somewhere in her heart, I am in there.

Nag u-turn na ako papunta sa McDo at dun na din ako nagstop. Dito ko na lang daw siya ihatid tapos pupunta na lang siya sa office ng Mom niya. "Sr, thank you for the ride." I just replied with a smile. Tinanggal niya na yung seatbelt at aalis na nung magsalita pa ako.

"May I know your number?"

"For what po, Sr?"  Nagtataka niyang tanong sa akin.

"Just because?"

"Hahahaha. Sige po, Sr. Send ko po sa inyo mamaya sa chat. Bye po."

"Bye." She waved goodbye and left the car. 

Shit. I am really falling head over heels with her.

Published: June 25, 2017, Sunday, 1:10 AM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.6K 53
The Madrid-Esquival siblings Nora, Fort, and Ansel, find love through their phones...and go from there. *** Nora's crush on her older brother's teamm...