Joshaya one shots

By EGH15-01

This is just a bunch of one shots about Josh and Maya from girl meets world. I hope you enjoy them! More

Someday plan
Jealousy
Prom night
Hurricane
First kiss
Bad days
Strokes
"Come with me."
Family
Juilliard and boyfriends
doubts
Over protective
Pregnant
Secretly dating
Heartbreak
Secret admirer
Graduations and apartments
Over protective part 2
Secretly dating part 2
"Good In Goodbye
A/N. PLEASE READ!!
Speak now
Date interrogations
Agents life
Wake up call
Exhaustion
Road trip
Argument
Coming home late
Misunderstandings
"Mama's song"
"What I Never Knew I Always Wanted."
State of depression
Oh sweet memories
Miranda
He's my boss
Those sick days
A cry for help
Worth the wait
Josh's Topanga
He's my boss P2.
The green eye'd monster
Undercover
The Ride Home
Nightmares
Another story idea
After all these years
Right in front of me
You're the Bonnie to my Clyde
Can't Hold It In Anymore
The jock
The lives of Josh and Maya
This is just a dream
Cuddling
Acceptance letters
A/N Reminder IMPORTANT
Halloween
Pick up lines
Superman
After the breakup
Hide and Seek
Pillow fights
Tattoos
Elevators meetings
Taking a break
The letter
Anniversary
Maya's influences
Physical fight
IMPORTANT~ BIG IDEAS COMING UP
The Unexpected
Tears
Riany Days
Kick Boxing
Ghosts
Asking Her Out
Hospital Calls
Physically Hurt
The Big Day
Baby Protective
Hot Chocolate
Pouting
Tickle Fights
Baby Shopping
'I love you"
Senior Prank
Trust
Birthday's
"I Miss You"
Pregnancy
Vacation
Camping
Bets
Long Trips
Chick Flick
Sneaking Out
P.D.A
Dating Announcement
Josh's Shirt
Nicknames
Locked in a room
A/N Please read its important!
Starting A Family
Sleep Walking
Kiss Cam
Family Time
Empty Bed
Singing
RoofTops
Ex Girlfriends
Danger
Labor
Wisdom Teeth
School Dances
Puppy Dog Eyes
Gift Exchange
Dont Have A Cow
Wisdom Teeth ~ Josh
Soul Mates
Moving
Back to December
Makeup
Smile
Making up
Distractions
Sneaking in
Snowball fights
Valentines day
Run-inns
Clingy
Sleepover
Falling asleep
Jealous much?
Comfort
Inappropriate clothing
Cooking
Storms
Lazy days
Interceptions
New years
Kiss
College surprise
Sleep talking
Face timing
Cheating
Cuddling
The Sub
Insomnia
What a cute couple
Young Love
Proposal
Panic attacks
Christmas miracles
Christmas Romantics
Silent treatment
Emails I Cant Send
Blessing
Piece By Piece
Slow dancing
I want a Baby
Making Out
Another One Where She's Pregnant
BIG misunderstanding
Christmas Traditions
The Best Worst Party Ever
And Even More Parties
Broken
Moments
Inevitable
A Father's Observation
If Only Someday
Party Exhaustion
One Step At A Time
Christmas Day
Issues
Chaperoning
Happy
Who's Pregnant?

Moving on?

13.2K 201 133
By EGH15-01

Oh my gosh you guys I feel like I haven't been on in forever! I know it's only been a couple of days but usually I update every day. Life for me has been crazy this past week so here is an extra long one shot just for you guys. Requests are open!
----------------------------------------------
Have you ever felt like the wind had all of a sudden been knocked out of you? That you couldn't move or walk even though your mind was telling you to? That's exactly how Maya felt as this point in time. She had just walked into the subway and so happen to look over and see Josh with s girl she had never seen before. Of course she told her self not to get so worked up about it, they could just be friends. Then all of her sense of comfort was thrown out the window when she saw Josh lean over and kiss the girl. Her heart stopped.

"I'm so sorry, Maya. I would have told you but I had no idea." Riley said as she rested a comforting hand on Maya's shoulder. Maya shook her head.

"We both agreed to live our lives and let someday happen when it happens." Maya said not taking her eyes off the couple as the girl leaned her head on Josh's shoulder.

"Then what's the problem?" Riley asked shrugging her shoulders.

"I just didn't think it would hurt this much." Maya's voice cracked as she finally looked away from them as Josh put his hand on the girls knee and started rubbing it.

"Common, mom will kill us if we're late to dinner." Riley pulled Maya over to an empty seat over by the corner facing away from Josh.
~
"Hey family!" Josh exclaimed as he came through the door. Maya immediately looked down at her food avoiding any kind of eye contact. "Sorry I'm late to dinner I had to pick someone up on the way." Josh said as a girl shyly made her way into the door behind Josh. Everyone glanced at Maya and then back at Josh with shocked looks. "This is Savannah, she's a freshman over at NYU. She's also my girlfriend." Josh said saying the last part looking directly at Maya.

"Well it's very nice to meet you, Savannah. I'm Topanga." Topanga got up to shake the girls hand since everyone else was to shocked or confused to say anything.

"Does this mean someday is over?" Auggie asked causing everyone to give him a 'shut up' look. Josh chuckled at his nephew but completely ignored the question.

"Well Josh, Savannah please take a seat." Cory said motioning to the bench that Maya and Riley were on. Before anyone could do anything about it, Josh had taken the seat next to Maya and left room for Savannah on the other side of him. Maya tensed up at the feel of Josh's arm brushing against hers. Riley scooted over a little bit so Maya could put some space in between her and Josh.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Topanga asked. Savannah put on a love sick look on her face as she started talking.

"Well, Josh and I met my first week at college a couple of months ago. I needed help with my math and he offered to help me with it. One thing led to another and a couple of days ago he asked me to be his girlfriend." Savannah said as she clung on to Josh's arm. Maya and Riley shared a look at each other and were both tying to keep from busting out laughing at how stupid this girl sounded.

There's no way Josh can be into a girl like this. Maya though to her self. Just then her thoughts were interrupted by a hand on her knee. Maya's eyes widened as she realized it wasn't Riley's. Maya took Josh's hand and shrugged it off her knee only to have him grab her hand in his and pin it to her lap not letting her let go. What the heck is he doing? She thought to herself again as she couldn't believe that he we doing this now that he had a girlfriend that was right beside him.

"So your a freshman. I assume your eighteen?" Cory asked as he bit into his chicken.

"No sir, actually I'm seventeen. I just skipped a grade." Savannah spoke up making Cory choke on his chicken and Topanga on her water. Riley's mouth dropped as she looked at her uncle in shock and Auggie didn't know what was going on so he just looked around confused. Maya on the other hand roughly pulled out her hand from Josh's and gave him the evilest look. Josh anticipating it coming just looked straight ahead not saying a word.

"Thank you for dinner Mrs. Matthews but I should get going." Maya said as she grabbed her napkin from her lap and threw it on the table.

"Maya." Josh pleaded as he got up from the table to follow her but was pulled back down by Savannah. Josh watched as Maya grabbed her bag and left the house without another word.
~
It was well past midnight and Maya had ignored all the phone calls that she had gotten from Josh and Riley that night. She was laying on her bed staring at the ceiling when she heard a faint tapping sound on her window. Maya looked over to see Josh slightly wave at her. Maya rolled her eyes and rolled over on to her other side so her back was facing the mirror.

"Common Maya, please open the window. I just want to talk." Maya laid still and ignored him. "Please?" He asked in such a tone that sounded like a little boy pleading for help. Maya sighed as she got up and turned her lamp on, opening the window for him.

"Is it because I'm not in college?" Maya asked strait up.

"Maya." Josh warned as he climbed through the window and closed it back.

"No. I'm genuinely curious as to why all this time you have told me we can't be together because of a three year age difference yet, you go out and start dating a girl that is the same age as me and the only difference is she's in college and I'm not." Maya snapped. Josh sighed and stepped towards Maya but she stepped back. Josh opened his mouth so say something but Maya cut him off. "And what the heck was that little stunt you pulled back at dinner tonight!? Are you insane! You don't get to just bring a girl over to the house and then act like you and I are the couple!"

"Well if you would let me talk then I can explain!" Josh snapped back with annoyance in his tone. Maya huffed and crossed her arms over her chest as she walked out of her room into the kitchen. Josh looked at her like she was crazy.

"Shawn and my mom are out of town for the next couple of days." She explained as she ignored his attempts to grab her.

"Look, Savannah was a girl that I met the first couple of days back at school. She was an incredible girl to hang out with and the more we hung out the more I started to become interested in her. I asked her out on one date and after that I asked her to be my girlfriend because yes, I like her. I'm sorry I met someone else but nowhere in our deal did we say we couldn't go out and date other people." Josh said as Maya leaned against the counter with a glass of water in her hand.

"Josh this isn't about the fact that you are now with someone else. This is because after all the constant arguing we have done about age, you go out and date someone who is the same age as me. If you don't want to be with me then just say it don't cut corners and do this crap!" Maya yelled starting to raise her voice.

"I do want to be with you Maya, just not right now! Your still in high school!" Josh yelled starting to raise his own voice.

"So what your telling me is this had nothing to do with age in the first place, this had to do with my grade level. What am I not smart enough, Josh?" Maya asked sarcastically.

"Dang it Maya! Stop putting words in my mouth that is not what I am saying!" Josh yelled banging his hand down on the counter.

"Then what are you saying Josh!"

"I don't see how this is such a big deal! First Riley lectured me about it and now you can't get over it! Ok I'm sorry I'm dating someone who is the same age as you but maybe I don't think age is such a big deal anymore!"

"Then why are you with her and not me?"

"Because your still in high school and she's not!" Maya chucked bitterly.

"I think you need to go." Maya stated glancing at the door.

"Maya." Josh tried stepping towards her.

"Now Josh." Maya demanded pointing at the door. "And next time, have some freaking respect for your girlfriend and keep your hands off me." Maya spat out bitterly. Josh shook his head and turned around out the door.
~
It had been a few weeks since Maya and Josh had that big fight and Maya decided that if Josh wanted to move on then so would she. A few weeks later Maya was asked out by Derrick, one of her fellow seniors in high school and Maya had to admit she was kind of interested in him. So Maya said yes. They went out on a date that Friday night and they both immediately clicked. Derrick being as interested in art as Maya, he took her to an art exhibit. Later that night the Matthews were having a couples game night at the house and Riley invited Maya and Derrick to join.

"Maya's on her way." Riley said as she skipped over and sat down beside Lucas. Everyone was already there except for Derrick and Maya. The couple went like this. Cory and Topanga, Riley and Lucas, Farkle and smackle, Zay and Tina (a girl from his math class) Josh and Savannah, and of course Auggie and Ava.

Everyone was gathered around in the living room with a stack of cards on the coffee table in front of them. Some couples were on the couch and others were on the floor. Josh and Savannah were seated on the love seat in the corner cuddling up.

"Hey guys, sorry we're late!" Maya exclaimed as she and Derrick came through the door with their hands linked together. That was the first think Josh noticed.

"No problem Maya. At least now your here." Topanga said. Maya and Derrick took a seat on the floor Maya not even once looking up at Josh.

"Everyone this is Derrick. He's my date for the night." Maya said as she draped her legs over one of his knees. Everyone said hi to him except for Josh. Everyone said their hellos and started the game.

"Alrighty so the games goes like this. One player from each couple will grab a card that will have a question about their mate on it. If that player answers the question correctly their team gets a point. First couple to twenty wins." Topanga explained while everyone looked at her except for Josh. He kept his eyes right on Maya.
~
It had been two hours and they were only half way through the game. Cory and Topanga were leading the points followed by Riley and Lucas. Everyone was doing great except for Josh and Savannah. Savannah was getting all her questions right but Josh didn't know the first thing about Savannah, but multiple times he had caught him self answering the questions Derrick would get about Maya in his head before Derrick would even get the chance to answer. And every single time Josh was right.

"Ok. What is your partners favorite food?" Derrick read the question as he had to stop and think about it. "You once said you really liked burritos." Derrick said but before Maya could speak up Josh without realizing it had already opened his mouth.

"Oh common! Do you even know Maya at all?" Josh asked shaking his head. Josh had been mumbling under his breath all night about Derricks answers and he was about tired of it.

"Says the one who hasn't even gotten one right. At least I actually know my girlfriend a little bit." Derrick snapped back. Maya widened her eyes at the word girlfriend. Josh just shook his head in anger.

"Tacos. Maya's favorite food is tacos. Anybody who really knows her knows that." Josh said as he took his arm off of Savannah.

"Look man. Do you have a problem with me? Because all night I have done nothing but hear you bad mouth me under your breath." Derrick said as he stood up making Maya and Lucas immediately stand up beside him.

"I'm just saying. You should know Maya a little better than this." Josh said standing up too.

"Like I said, man. Practice what you preach." Derrick started to take a step closer to Josh but Lucas got in between them.

"Well this has been a lovely night. Cory what do you say we go ahead and turn in early?" Topanga said as she grabbed Cory's hand and dragged him back to the bedroom.

"Topanga, we can't just leave them." Cory said stopping her in the hallway.

"Yes we can. They're great kids they can take care of this I trust them. Now let's go." Topanga said dragging his the rest of the way.

"Look maybe we should just call it a night and head out." Zay said standing up to stand beside Lucas.

"That's a great idea, Zay." Josh said not looking away from Derrick. "Why don't we start with you." Josh finished as he motioned to the door behind him talking to Derrick.

"Common Maya I'll walk you home." Derrick said as he turned back to Maya.

"Maya's not going anywhere with you. If anything I'll walk her home." Josh spoke up.

"What is your problem!" Derrick yelled as he turned back to face Josh.

"Alright enough!" Maya yelled. "Josh you don't get to tell me who I can and can't walk home with! Common Derrick, we need to talk anyway." Maya and Derrick made their way out the door as Josh didn't say anything this time to stop them.

"We should all go to." Farkle said as he end everyone else except for Riley, Auggie, Josh and Savannah made their way out the door.

"I think we need to talk to." Savannah told Josh as Riley and Auggie made a B line to their bedrooms.
~
"I'm sorry, Maya. He just makes me so mad!" Derrick said as he threw a rock out on to the road.

"I know. Derrick I don't think I have been fair to you." Maya said as they stopped walking and faced each other. Derrick looked at her confused.

"What are you talking about." He asked. Maya sighed.

"You are an amazing guy and I really was interested in you but, if I'm gonna be honest I'm just not over someone else." Maya started with guilt in her eyes.

"You mean Josh." Derrick said as he started to understand more.

"I thought that he was over me when I saw him with Savannah but, after tonight..." Maya said trailing off. "I just don't think it's fair to you." She finished after she saw his face.

"Well he definitely likes you, that's for sure. He's very lucky." Derrick said smiling at her.

"I'm so sorry, Derrick." Maya said as tears threatened to come down.

"Just promise me one thing." He said as Maya nodded. "Make him work for it. Don't just go crawling in his arms. Make him be the one to tell you." Maya smiled and nodded. "Common, I'll finish walking you home." Maya smiled as Derrick through his arm around her and started leading her towards her house.
~

"She's the girl, isn't she?" Savannah asked after a few minute of silence between them.

"It isn't what you think." Josh said as he sat down on the couch. Savannah shook her head.

"It's exactly what I think. You two date?" She asked bitterly. Josh didn't say anything. "Kiss? Sleep together? Common what happened between you two!?" She demanded to know.

"Nothing like that." Josh snapped. "There use to be feelings involved." Josh stated as he leaned back on the couch and rubbed his eyes. Savannah scoffed.

"Use to! Honey you still have feelings for her! You don't just go toe to toe with another man over a girl you don't have feelings for!" Savannah yelled at him while Josh just sat on the couch and took it. Then everything started to make sense. "She's the legendary someday Jasmine was talking about, isn't she?" Savannah asked. Josh looked down at the ground and didn't say anything. "You only dated me to make her jealous, didn't you? But then it back fired it your face!" She yelled as she started figuring everything out.

"I'm sorry. I really did like you." Josh said as he looked up at her.

"Don't they all." She snapped back at him. She grabbed her coat and purse and looked at Josh. "Look, your a great guy and I'm sure someday I'll forgive you and we'll become friends. But for right now I just need space." And with that being said she walked out the door and headed back to campus.

"Uncle Josh?" Riley asked as she came out of her room. Josh looked up to see Riley smiling at him.

"Maya just texted me. She broke up with Derrick." Josh just stared at her shocked. "Go get her uncle Josh." Riley said nodding towards the door. Josh looked over at the door and smiled.

"If Cory and Topanga ask. I went back to campus." Josh stated making Riley roll her eyes and push him out the door.
~
Once again it was past midnight. This time Maya was drawing on her sketch pad while Shawn and Katy went to have a romantic night at a hotel together. Maya didn't ask nor did she want details. Once again there was a faint tapping sound on her window. Maya sighed trying to ignore it knowing exactly who it was. After a few minutes it stopped. Josh had texted Riley asking if by any chance Shawn and Katy were home and after getting the response that he wanted he went and used the spare key that Shawn had given him for emergencies only. He made his way to Maya's room and opened the door knowing that it wouldn't be locked considering that nobody was home.

"You know one little phone call and I can have you arrested." Maya said not even looking up from her sketch pad as she heard her door open.

"Oh but then you would just be robbing yourself of being able to see this amazing face everyday." Josh said as he grabbed Maya's desk chair and rolled it over to where she was, sitting down in it.

"What do you want, Josh." Maya asked still not looking up at her drawing. That was until Josh grabbed it from her and threw it on the floor.

"Dude! You can't jus-!" Maya started but Josh cut her off.

"I'm sorry. You were right." That immediately caught Maya's attention. "After you turned sixteen it was never about the age difference anymore. But you were also wrong. It was never about the grade you were in either. I just needed an excuse to keep myself from asking you out." Josh explained as he grabbed Maya's hand. Maya gave him a hurt look.

"Why would you have to keep yourself from asking me out?" She asked.

"Because of the fact that we are in two completely different schools. It was never about high school and college. It was more about the fact that I can't be there with you." Josh said.

"I don't understand." Maya said shaking her head.

"Maya do you really think that after I kiss you or touch you once that I'm going to be able to keep my hands off of you? I was hoping to wait until you got into NYU that way we would be able to see each other every day and then we wouldn't have to wait to touch, kiss or hold each other." Josh stated Maya smiled. "I like you, Maya. I really do. I shouldn't hav-" Maya cut him off my grabbing his face and slamming her lips down to his. And for a minute both of them forgot what they were ever talking about.

Maya pulled Josh off the chair and down on top of her deepening the kiss. Josh laid one hand on her cheek while the other one gripped her leg and held it around his waist. Maya's hands found themselves in Josh's hair. They both laid there kissing for what felt like forever but in reality was only a couple of minutes. As Josh made a move to start kissing her neck, Maya's phone went off making them both jump apart startled. Josh sat back down in the desk chair as Maya leaned over to ignore Farkle's  phone call. They were both panting heavy trying to catch their breath.

"Well dang. Now I really do have to keep my hands off of you." Josh said slightly laughing.

"Why wait, Josh? Why can't we be together now?" Maya asked in a whisper.

"Because even though I may not be concerned about the age difference, the law is and so is Shawn." Josh said as he ran his hands threw his now messy hair. Maya nodded her head.

"Great, more waiting." Maya mumbled as she got off her bed and headed out to the hallway. Before she could get out the door Josh got up and grabbed her by the wrist turning her around. He shut her bedroom door and gently pushed her up against it kissing her again. This time much slower and softer.

"I don't care what Shawn or the law says. But I think if we want to be together then we need to respect it and wait until the day you turn eighteen. Which is only two months away." Josh said as he rubbed his nose with her. Maya nodded her head and pulled away from him. She walked away from the door and back towards her bed. She turned around to see Josh had already turned around to look at her.

"Stay with me tonight. My parents won't be home until late tomorrow evening." Maya said. Josh looked hesitant to agree but one look at Maya's face hooked him into it.

"Okay."
----------------------------------------------
Yeah I know. Ending it there is torture. But this took me forever to write and I have to get to bed. Let me know what you think. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.7K 55
Maya Hunter: Maya's life was perfect. She had a family that loved her, a boyfriend who adored her (at least when he wasn't adoring other girls), and...
211K 4.6K 62
♡ "I'll play the long game" ♡ It's been a year since Josh said these words to Maya. In the days since Maya has tried to ignore the ache in her heart...
186K 4.2K 56
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is a sophomore in college with a pretty perfect life, amazing parents, a best friend who she loves more than anyone, and a boyfri...
199K 2.6K 28
Maya, Riley, Farkle, Lucas and Zay are 17 And Josh is 20 Its about how Maya and Josh confess their feelings that have been buried deep I dont own g...