More than friends

Oleh Kweenkira

[Rewriting] Highest rank #1 - heartbroken /8/4/2020 "Mia ..I'm sorry.." Chris said as he took a few steps for... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16

Chapter 2

155 7 4
Oleh Kweenkira

Chris arrived at his apartment tired and hungry after his little tour so he decided to make himself some dinner. He ventured into the kitchen, deciding to chop up some vegetables first. when he was done,he felt so accomplished. For the first time,he was proud of how they turned out.

He then lit the gas but that was when he realized he had no idea what he was going to do next. The corners of his lips spiked up into a smile as he remembered how mia usually gave him cooking lessons which he always failed at.

How foolish he was to think he could actually cook himself dinner today.

He then decided to use his mom's old recipe book as a way out of his misery. He followed the instructions written in the recipe but it wasn't working out,every time he grilled the meat they would end up burnt and tasteless.

He didn't stop though,he made several more attempts but each time it ended up worse. He laughed amused at his futile attempts at something he always considered simple.

Unintentionally, his thoughts drifted off to the way mia would usually mock him. He clearly missed her.

After much thought,he finally gave up when he almost burnt his kitchen down. He sighed exhausted and very hungry so he got a hold of his keys and decided to eat out. He hurried into his car,driving around looking for any restaurant nearby.

A lot had indeed changed since he left,the old places he knew were either totally renovated or were replaced with something else. He continued to drive down the road until he arrived at the famous Italian restaurant,one of Mia's favourite places.

He hopped out of his car making his way into the restaurant. The first thing he noticed was how the whole place had changed a lot in eight years, the food had improved,the building had gotten bigger and clearly busier.

Still amazed at the changes he could see,he thought about his dad and how they used to visit this place alot with his mom.

His dad had remarried his mistress after his mother's death. She already had a son for him,his stepbrother Stefan who he never got along with. Stefan was born years before him.

They had moved out of San Francisco years ago when his grandfather passed away leaving his dad with the family business which seemed so successful.

He wouldn't be here if not for the job he had been offered by one of the most influential companies in the country.

He was practically begged to accept their proposal. Many companies wanted him for they were aware of his abilities. Any company that had such talent as his in their grasp was indeed at a great advantage over all others.

He was indeed a world famous technical mogul,and a successful one at that. Hired was to start work immediately.

**

It was already past 8pm,Mia waited patiently for Nate to come pick her up as he had promised. She was dressed in a knee length pink dress which held tightly to her curves. The dress was held by tiny straps by the shoulder leaving her arms bare with just a single jewelry by the neck.

Her silver earrings matched her necklace and bracelet. Her black hair was left to hang below her shoulders. She had her silver stilettos on matching beautifully with her jewelries. She paced back and forth worried about Nate and why he was late.

He was never late to any of their dates but why would he be late on a special night such as this. She sat finally ,her fingers twitching like they always do when she was worried or nervous. She finally heard the door bell as she rushed to the door.

She opened the door as Nate gave her a peck on the cheek."I'm so sorry I was late ,there was a lot of traffic and...." He tried to explain ."ssshhhh..its okay " Mia said placing her index finger on his lips..

"Happy 1 year anniversary Nate" Mia says as she hands him a present. "Mia you shouldn't have ....."Nate says unwrapping the present and a gold watch is seen. "its okay ,I just had to get you something " Mia says .

"I love it ....We should probably get going and did I mention that you look gorgeous "Nate says slipping a loose hair strand from her face.

"thanks ....you look nice as well"Mia complemented. He was wearing a black tuxedo. "shall we?" Nate says motioning for her to take his arm..

She took his arm as he led her to the car. He opened the door for her and she stepped into the car .he hurried towards the other side of the car as he opens the door and hops on.

Nate couldn't seem to get his mind off Mia even if she was seated right beside him in the car. He couldn't deny the fact that he loved the pink dress on her,the best part of it was how much of herself she exposed tonight. He had never seen her in such a sexy dress.

The dress not only highlighted her sexy curves but also shared a little glimpse of her cleavage. He was happy she was finally becoming confident around him but he stilled yearned for those three letter words from her lips 'I love you'. He loved her so much but he wasn't sure she felt the same way.

They finally arrived at the restaurant,he helped her out of the car as they walked hand in hand inside the building. He had wanted to reserve the entire restaurant for tonight but the restaurant already had plans for the night and this was her favorite restaurant so he couldn't change his plans.

He helped her seat in front of him as he also sat in front of her. They ordered their meals and they started eating. "I have something for you" nate said showing her a picture of a massive yacht ."its beautiful is it yours " Mia asked.

"No baby its yours,this is my gift to you, happy anniversary mia "

"What me,I..I I don't know what to say" Mia panicked,she knows she had always wanted a yacht as she loved the sea but it was too much coming from him. She didn't like this extravagant side of him.

"Just say you love it "

"I do love it ..a lot but don't you think its too much "

"Nothing is too much for you my love,just accept it as a gift from me"

"I don't know ..."

"Please Mia don't turn me down" he pleaded .

"...uh okay then " Mia said which got Nate happy and he reached for her lips as he gave her a little peck.

"Well well well ,who do we have here " a figure behind mia said. Mia didn't pay attention to the voice she focused on her new yacht.

"Miss gold ,its nice to see you again"Nate replied. Mia looked up at Nate and he stood up and walked to her side taking her hand ,urging her to stand.

"Its nice to see you too Nate ,call me Sophia,how have you been" the figure said. Mia knew that voice ,that name, no it couldn't be. She had to know who this person was so she turned to look at the figure to satisfy her curiosity . Mia gasped when she recognized the figure ,she knew that blond hair anywhere,that name 'gold' ,it was Sophia.

"I've been well ,I just got back from China this morning...oh my manners,this is Mia west my girlfriend" Nate said putting an arm around Mia's waist.

"Mia this is Sophia gold ,Adrian Miller my business partner's fiance"

"My..my ,its nice to see you again 'mia' " Sophia said emphasizing the mia. Mia was so shocked,she didn't expect to see the Sophia,she was the last person she ever wanted to see. Sophia extended her hand to mia but mia was reluctant to take it.

Sophia had the most deadly grin on her face as she said "Mia how have you been ,I've missed you so much" she retrieved her hand.

Sophia then hugged mia but mia didn't want to hug her instead she stayed still in Sophia's arms contemplating whether or not to act on the anger deep within her.

"How's Chris doing,I trust you have him all to yourself"Sophia whispered into Mia's ear still hugging her.

Nate on the other hand grew confused at the sight before him ,what could be the relationship between his girlfriend and the fiance of his business partner.

Mia grew hot with anger and she pulled away abruptly from Sophia. "It seems you still hold a little grudge against me ....you are still in love with Chris aren't you?....oops did I say too much" Sophia placed her hand on her mouth pretending to be shocked at her words.

"I'm sorry if this is uncomfortable for you Nathaniel,but me and your 'girlfriend' here go way back ,oh has she never mentioned me ...or Chris ..what a terrible girl.." Sophia faked a concerned face as she whispered the last part.

Mia sent Sophia a cold glare,her temper was fast loosing control and all she thought about was sending a smack across Sophia's demon smiling face.

Never, you'll never win this battle,you wanna play the best friend card ..okay let's see how far you can go! Mia thought.

"..what the hell are you talking about...Sophia ..mia who's he...this Chris ...why does she think you love him!" Nate expressed his confusion with a slight yell.

He couldn't take it,he couldn't stand the thought of mia in love with someone else other than him. He'd kill anyone who tried to steal her.

Mia didn't know what to say to Nate,she had not opened up to him about her past yet and Sophia was clearly doing the job for her. She was too scared to talk about it, she didn't want to see his disappointed face after hearing about her past.

She knew she was stupid to have given herself to Chris knowing fully well about his drunk state,but she didn't want anybody to tell her how crazy and lovesick she was to have jeopardized their friendship in hopes of her sick teenage love.

She knew this wasn't fair to Nate though,he had been there for her for so long and she couldn't do a simple thing as to open up to him, was she that selfish!

Mia smiled at Sophia clearly contrasting her anger. "Actually,he was my best friend and Sophia was supposed to be his girlfriend ....if not that she was screwing his stepbrother behind his back...I wouldn't be shocked if I caught you cheating on your fiancee Adrian ,would I?"

Nate stood there looking down at the two ladies sensing the strong tension between them.

Meanwhile,Sophia face hardened at Mia's words. "Of course,he was your best friend which you 'loved'.." She laughed devilishly emphasizing the loved .."but who are we kidding, I know you would have seduced him into your bed if you could....that's if you didn't already do that ,you slut"

Mia's anger hit the roof,The next thing mia did was a shock to the three of them. She sent a hard smack across Sophia's cheek.

"Don't you dare speak to me that way again or it won't just be a slap on your face"

"How dare you, did you just hit me uh....how dare you lay your hands on me,you lousy bitch!" Sophia expressed Her agony. Nate immediately stepped between his angry girlfriend and the fiance of his partner.

"I won't let you insult my girlfriend in front of me Sophia"

"You'll pay for this ,I promise you mia ,you'll regret this " Sophia then exited building.

Vote,vote vote.........& comment too.
❤️ Kira!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.7K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
42.2K 1.4K 20
I'm Hers~ The Bosslady Romance I doesn't deserve her. I'm far so good for her. I'm not bold and brave like her. I'm not good enough for her. I'm not...
3M 64.9K 49
Mia's In far more danger than she realises, she's constantly beaten and tormented by her father. She has no idea about the sinister plan her father h...
5.7K 708 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...