But...(Sequel to If Only) ✔

By ReadsbyAB

She loved him so much and he loved her back. They loved each other to the moon and back. But... Sometimes lo... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
A/N
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Please Read
Chapter 12
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16 ~ Part 2
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Please Read...
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.

Chapter 16 ~ Part 1

7.5K 238 15
By ReadsbyAB

~ Flashback ~

"V! V! Did you see that?! I made a goal!!! I made a goal!!!"  The 8 year old boy exclaimed. He ran over to his best friend and they hugged each other tightly.

"I knew you could do it!!!" His best friend said happily. She was beaming with pride.

"I wamma be a soccer player whem I grow up!!" The boy said.

The little girl giggled at her best friend. At 8 years old, he couldn't say the letter N. It both worried and amused his parents. This was one of the reasons he called her V instead of Verdana, or should I say Verdama.

"I bet you'll become famous!!!" The little girl said in awe at the thought

"Whem I become famous, I will bring you with me!!"

"Really?!"

"Of course!! You're my bestest friemd!!"

"You're my bestest friend too, Daniel"

.
.
.

"I brought snacks!!!!" Daniel says as he enters the house.

He placed down the bags of junk food on the kitchen table. It was Friday, the last day of school. Him and his best friend are having a sleep over to celebrate it together.

In her room, the 12 year old female groaned in pain. It was that time of the month and she was experiencing major cramps. She knew she couldn't miss this celebration though. She hasn't seen Daniel in a long time because of the exams.

Wrapping a blanket around herself, she trudged down the stairs. Daniel heard her ragged footsteps and turned around to look at his best friend. He frowned slightly as he saw her. He walked over to her and helped her down the stairs and to the couch.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Yeah...I just have some really bad cramps."

"Oh no...is there anything I can do to help?"

"I don't know..."

The girl laid her head on his shoulder. Daniel frowned at his best friend's pain. He thought of ways to help, and he suddenly remembered how his dad comforted his mom when she was in pain too.

Daniel lifted her head and laid it on the couch gently. He rushed to the kitchen and grabbed the tub mint chocolate chip ice cream, her favorite food in the world. Along with two spoons and some other snacks, he rushed back to the living room. He put down all the food and rushed to her room. He took the comfiest pillows and rushed back downstairs.

As he did all this, V watched him curiously. She didn't move from her previous position, because it would hurt too much. She watched her best friend and occasionally glanced at the ice cream in front of her.

Daniel sat down on the couch with the pillow on his lap. He laid V's head on the pillow and wrapped the blanket around her. He then grabbed the ice cream and remote.

"What movie do you want to watch?"  He asked her

"Uhmm how about Home alone?" She answers

"Good choice" He nodded as he put on the movie.

He opened the ice cream and scooped some into the spoon. V tilted her head so she was facing him. Daniel gently grabbed her chin and put the spoon up to her lips.

"Say ahhhh" he said. V blushed a beet red. It confused her. Why was she blushing? It was just her best friend...her best friend feeding her.

"I can do it myselt Daniel." She insisted, but he wasn't having it. After a few more attempts, she allowed Daniel to spoon feed her the ice cream.

As they watched the movie, V grew sleepier and sleepier. She cuddled with her best friend who prepared all of this for her. The best friend who is so sweet, kind, funny, charming...and handsome.

The last thought V had that night...

"I can't believe I have a crush on my best friend..."

.
.
.

Valentine's Day.

A day filled with chocolate, teddy bears, and all other diabetic things. Verdana never liked Valentine's Day. The main reason being nobody ever liked her. On the other hand, everybody loved Daniel. Wait, sorry,they like him. They admire him. The only one who actually honestly LOVES Daniel is his parents and-

"V!!!" Said best friend ran up to V

"Hey! How many chocolates have you received this year?"  She asked

"I don't even know. All I know is that I'm gonna get diabetes. I'm so sick and tired of chocolate." He rolled his eyes

V sucked in a breath and clutched her bag tighter. Inside the bag, was homemade chocolate that she worked so hard to make. She asked countless of people to help her until it was perfection. She didn't know that he didn't like chocolate...

"O-oh..."

"You okay?" He asked her

"Yeah...I just...need to get to class. I'm gonna be late for Math." 

V rushed to her next class, leaving the confused 16  year old in the hallway. As she made her way to her class, she couldn't help but feel incredibly sad. She worked so hard to make that chocolate for him, but it's probably nothing compared to the chocolate everyone else bought him. She shouldn't have bothered to make him anything. Her chocolate was probably like Kit-Kat compared to all the Ferrero Rocher.

She kept thinking about it till the end of the day. Just  before last period ended, she made up her mind. She was the first out of the classroom and in the hallways. She opened up the chocolate and teddy bear filled locker and was about to place her chocolate inside when the owner of the locker caught her.

"V?"

She looked at him as if she was a deer caught in head lights. She stood wide eyed for a few seconds until she composed herself.  Clearing her throat, she took the box of chocolates and shoved it to his chest. Her face was redder than a tomato.

"I know you're probably sick and tired of chocolate, but I wanted to give you one..." she admitted. Her hair fell in front of her face as she tried to cover up her embarrassment.

Daniel smiled at his best friend, and took the chocolate. He closed his locker and dragged his best friend all the way back home. They were breathless when they arrived. She looked at him with complete and utter confusion as they sat down on the couch.

"What was that for?" She asked

"I wanted to enjoy this chocolate in private with my best friend." He said seriously

V looked at him in shock. She was not expecting this reaction. He opened the box gently; he was afraid to ruin the packaging. He smiled fondly and took a bite of the chocolate, savouring every chew.

V blushed as she watch him handle and eat her chocolate as if it was the most precious chocolate in the whole world. Her blush worsened when Daniel moaned in delight at the flavour.

"This is the best chocolate ever. Where did you buy it?" He asked

"I...I made it..." She mumbled. She looked up to see his shocked face. It soon turned to a huge smile.

"No wonder it tastes so good." He said

"I-It's okay I guess..."

"No. It's AMAZING. Here,you try it for yourself."

Daniel leaned closer to V and held up the piece of chocolate to her lips. V took a bite and smiled proudly at herself. It really was good.

"See? Now no more. These are mine and mine only." He held the box closer to his heart

"What about your other chocolates? You left them at school"

"Eh. I'll give it to mom."

"It's gonna melt."

"I don't care."

He took another piece of chocolate and popped it into his mouth, chewing slowly to savour it some more.

"Thanks for the chocolate, V." He smiled at her

"Of course." She smiled back at him

He got up and placed the chocolate in the refrigerator.

"What are you doing?" She asked him

"I don't want the chocolate to melt" He shrugs. He grabbed his bag and plopped down next to her.

"Now for your gift" He said

"You got me a gift?!" V exclaimed

"Of course!!!" He looked at her as if it was the stupidest question ever.

He pulled out a box of chocolate, but it wasn't milk chocolate. It was all mint chocolate. He knew how much V loved that flavor, and he wanted to be unique. It was always milk, dark or white chocolate.

V smiled and hugged him tightly. Her insided turned into a butterfly farm. She was so happy. All she could think about at that moment...

"God...I love you so much. I love my best friend so damn much..."

"If only he loved me back."

////////////////////////

A/N

I'm sorry it took me so long T_T
I've finally gotten the motivation to start writing again,so don't worry. I'm gonna start working on finishing this book. My writer's block has passed, so get ready for a roller coaster everybody!!!

Enough talk!!! I best get started with Part 2!

See you in the next chapter!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.4K 34
"Oh, do you really like me?" I asked him once again. He did something I didn't imagine him to do again. He kissed me once again, but it was only for...
Fix Me By AJ

General Fiction

220K 4.4K 46
Four years after the car accident, and neither one of them have been the same since. He broke her. Now, he has to fix her. //Sequel to Break Me//
78.8K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...
3.4K 268 45
"He was the definition of what you call bad, he smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good.He didn't care because no one taught him...