Just Like Old Times: A Legend...

By AllTheFeelsLoveMe

Link and Zelda have always been friends. Together, they get themselves into loads of trouble. After middle sc... More

Author's Note
A Call From Link
Friends Again
Nervousness, Worry, and Anxiety
Waiting
Finally Seeing Him Again
Ah, Zelda
I Hurt Myself. Yay.
The Verdict
Weird Dreams
The Reveal
A Plan
Truth About the Past
We Ride A Horse Together
Break
The Plan
Sheik and Fairies
The Visit
Mind Your Own Business
I Have Friends! Yay me!
The Great Fairy
On the Road
Something Seems Fishy
Back off Ruto
Figuring Everything Out
Staying Behind
Inside Jabu Jabu
Great Fairy Number Two
Nightmares
Magic Potions Save Me
Conference with the King
Dodongos Are Scary
Into the Cavern
Dark Link
Panic
The Maze
The Plan
What Is Going On?
Trapped
Meeting with Ganondorf
No....
Outside Help
Aby
Utter Confusion
Sheik and Aby's Punishment
Ambushed
Found Link, Lost Link
Kidnapped
Crushed
Captured
Hope is Power
He is Done
Recovering
Answers and More
Resolution
FINAL WORDS
I'm Almost Regretting My Choice of Friends
We Interrupt This Session of Pinterest...
Guten Tag, I've been Tagged
Once Again
Tag I'm it

Can't hold it in

474 20 4
By AllTheFeelsLoveMe

I didn't sleep. No sleep, no sleep, no sleep.

He held my hand!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh. Deep breaths. Deeeeeep breaths.

He held my hand.

That sent my magic waves into overdrive, constantly messing up my senses and shooting tingles through my body. After a few hours of riding, my brain just gave up.

Too much magic, complained my brain. Too much Link. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep.

On Link? Yeah, sure, why not? Wait, what are you doing? Are you snoring on him? Oh goodness. Shut up. Remember: sleep.

Snore. Snore. Snore. Snore. Oh look, Zel. Cheese.

Curse those darn cheeses. I blame them for my current vulnerable emotional state. Seriously, I think I'm gonna snap soon. It's coming.

The sun shone right in my eyes and I sat up, groaning. Sheik was poking the fire with a stick. He handed me a package.

"From the Great Fairy. Get changed."

I ducked back into my tent and pulled the new clothes out of the package. Not jeans, sadness. It was....a chainmail tunic? What is this madness? It was green, with a white undershirt and leggings. Brown boots, a leather belt, and awww! a cute little green hat.

As I took my clothes off and slid into the new ones, someone knocked on my tent door. "Um, Zelda?"

"Ahhhhh! Don't come in, I'm changing!"

"Sorry!" Oh, my gosh, it was Link. I was almost tempted to let him in.... Yeah nope. "I'll just wait out here..."

I pulled the tunic over my head. "Come in."

He pushed the door back and sat down on my floor. "Wow, green chainmail tunic. Twins."

I punched his arm. "And metal gauntlets. So I can punch you and have it hurt."

"Thanks, Zel."

"Zel?"

He blushed. "Never mind."

"No, I like it! It's cute! Hmm, what should I call you?"

"BF?"

"Best friend? That works."

"No, I meant...."

"Oh! You meant boyfriend!" I teased, smiling at him.

"Maybe..."

"That," I said, bopping his nose. "Is adorable. Okay, BF, we gotta get to the Zora's Domain. Come on."

I pulled on one of my boots. The other one wouldn't get on! Zelda, what are you doing in there? We have to go? Hurry up! Sorry, bro. Lemme get my shoe on.

"Link?" I pointed to my boot. "Will you, um, help me?"

He grinned, taking my foot. He pulled a little bit harder than I wanted, and I ended up on the floor.

"Watch it, BF!" I whacked his arm. "That's my foot you're holding!"

"Sorry, Zel."

"I could kick you."

"Without your boot on it won't hurt much."

"Then put my boot! That's what I asked you to do!"

"Fine." He tickled my foot before sliding the boot on. I sighed, trying to hold back laughter.

"I keep forgetting you're six years old. Seriously."

"Hey!"

Sheik opened the tent door. "I can't believe you two. We need to go!"

I poked Link in the face with my foot before standing and walking out past Sheik. "I blame Link."

Sheik gave Link a "don't tick her off her magic is dependent on her emotions" face. What did he do? He tickled my foot. HE WHAT?! I told you. He tickled my foot. I know that, but why? I'm not gonna tell you. Be that way.

I mounted Epona, and Link and Sheik got on their horses. I nudged Epona closer to Sheik, making a face at Link.

"What happened?" Sheik asked, glancing back and forth between us.

"My BF ticked me off."

"YOUR WHAT?!" YOUR WHAT?!

"My best friend. What did you think?"

"Nothing," he replied calmly. "Just don't let this one argument break you two apart. Trust me, I have seen that happen to couples before."

"Don't worry. We'll be fine. We always fought as children."

"You still are children."

"You too? You're my guard, not my parent!"

"I can be whatever I want to be. Come on, Link!"

Link was cleaning up the last bits of our campsite, stuffing things into his magic bag. "I'm trying!" He ninja jumped into his horse. "Lead the way, Sheik."

He nodded, spurring his horse. "This way."

We followed Sheik for another few hours, then, we came to the edge of the Zora's Domain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 2.3K 33
Based on Nintendo's fantastic game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, two young teenagers are tasked with saving the entire world. The challenge...
1.1M 24K 100
Link is the star athlete of Hyrule University and Zelda an exceptional scholar. They should be focusing on school and sports, but they keep getting d...
61.5K 1.4K 78
Zelda and Link have defeated Calamity Ganon and are now free to go their own way. However, it is hard to get to grips with their past, which can get...
4.3K 131 22
A modern AU of Botw! Link just moved in, hoping no one knows him... but he's wrong. He is a popular Sports player and band member. Zelda thinks he is...