Chasing Hell

By ChachiKawaii

** TheLiteraryAwards2017 Winner as BEST VAMPIRE STORY ** [DATE STARTED: January 2015] ❝She's a school-hopper... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE: Take A Picture If You Must. You Seem Amazed By Me
CHAPTER TWO: I Want You To Be Mine
CHAPTER THREE: So Basically, They're Like Satan, Lucifer and Judas
CHAPTER FOUR: The Freaking Kiss Was His Kind OF Fun. Dammit!
CHAPTER FIVE: Oh That Egocentric, Self-Absorbed, Walking Death Threat...
CHAPTER SIX: I Swear To My Granny Wessler That I'll Woman UP
CHAPTER SEVEN: Maybe We Should Ask For Hell's Protection
CHAPTER EIGHT: Not A Star-Crossed Lover But An All-Time Tom And Jerry Tale
CHAPTER NINE: Why The Sudden Good Samaritan, Treyson?
CHAPTER TEN: I Am Not A Dog Pound For Annoying Lost Puppies
CHAPTER ELEVEN: This Guy's a Nightmare Dressed Like a Daydream.
CHAPTER TWELVE: I Swore To Myself, I Will Never Let Him Play With Me Again
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Binding Half My Soul To Her, Made Me Feel Alive.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: I Really Hate How I Like That Jerk!
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: I Just Happen To Have Onion Squeezed In My Eyes.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Have An Impenetrable Barrier From An Outsider's Affection.
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Bring Out The Killing Machines, Torture Me To Death
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Kim Kardashian With Her Photoshop-ed Ass Will Be Ashamed
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Julia Child, Come Save Me!
CHAPTER TWENTY: Your Pain Will Be My Death
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: You Are Mine, Heather. And I Don't Share
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: A Lovely Dream I Shared With Him Under The Starry Skies
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Sleep. Or Do You Want Me To Read You A Bedtime Story?
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: The Whole Truth or Keeping A Safe Distance
Important!
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: He's Not The Danger, He's The Safe Zone
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: Because I Wasn't Able To Save You Before!
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: Being With Him is the Danger I Am Willing to Confront
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: Smile At Me. Like I'm Your Most Favorite Person
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: I Wonder How You Got Yourself A Quarterback
CHAPTER THIRTY: Respect Isn't Demanded. It Is For You To Gain
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: I Don't Want To Make The Same Mistake Twice
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: You're The Everlasting Torture That I Am Willing To Endure
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: Do What You're Good At
AUTHOR'S FAVOR :)
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: What A Greedy Jerk.
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: You Were The Good Side I Was Never Meant to Have but I Had
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: That's My Language of Love, Baby Doll
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: What Did I Ever Do To Deserve You
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: You Can Be Really Sweet, You Know That, Right?

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: The Devil Was Tamed

2.2K 54 11
By ChachiKawaii

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: The Devil Was Tamed

God knows the right time, the right place and the right person for you. He calculates it properly, with it's pros and cons. For others, maybe it was untimely. But now that the truth crept it's way like the peeking sunlight behind the mountains, I chose to believe that now is the right time. After all, you get to chose when will the right time be, and God only places all the hints and clues for you. That's how life works. Atleast for me.

Some may call it destiny, but not for me. I don't believe in such word. There's no destined one. There's only YOUR chosen one. Because you get to choose who you want to be with and who you don't want to be with. You choose your life. It doesn't work the opposite. Life doesn't choose you.

And I chose this life. The moment I received the necklace, not knowing what it means, I have chosen this path. And I have chosen to walk through it and end it all no matter what.

A huge thorn was pulled out from my chest, lessening the load I had to carry, solving a huge chunk on my mysterious life. Lifting a ton of weight that has been pressing me down.

Knowing the truth about Kohell's existence and his identity, has got me thinking, do I have a greater chance at defeating whatever evil that may come our way? I hate to think that I might be using him to get through this, but he's already involved. And I know there's no stopping him from vanquishing the opponent.

But now that this situation was laid out in front of me, I am positive that I'll do my own part on this and not depend on him.

But right now, the problem is, well at least for me, was dealing with a house full of bloodsuckers. And today is day one of the ten-day Treyson-invasion.

"You've met my mother." Kohell spoke in the middle of shooting the ball at the ring. Not only that he's a quarterback but he also have some skills in basketball.

It was a couple of hours ago from the confrontation slash confession slash confirmation of our... ummmm... on-going relationship.

"Oh, yes. She seems nice." I answered in a low voice while picking grass poppin' out from the freshly mawn back lawn. I was sitting in an indian position on the grass as I watch him throw that ball up in the air.

"Yes, she's the greatest mother." His voice a bit shaky from dribbling.

"How old is she?" I asked full of curiosity.

"She's 39." Kohell answered, looking my way and laughed a little before shooting the ball.

"Yeah right. Like for real, Kohell." I said and threw a handful of the grass I picked, like that can nearly harm him.

He walked over towards me, the ball swirling in his fingertip. As soon as he reached me, I handed him the water bottle and his towel.

"She's 311 years young. She's the eldest among the three siblings, Iridessa, Teressa. Oh and by the way, I bet you still don't know, my Mother's name is Hessa. All siblings are alive and well, their entire population is growing. You'll meet them soon. Don't worry, they're good vampires. Good looking. " He winked and then chugged, emptying the water bottle.

"Whoa." I said, amazed by all these information.

"So uhm, what does your Mother do?" I asked.

He sat next to me, legs laid out in the grass, leaning backwards and his hand extended towards the grass near his back for support. "She's a full-time Mother. But besides that, she's an active member of some kind of an organization for, you know, vampires. Both my Mother and my Father, actually. That's why I always talk to them about you. That's why they were very much willing to let you stay with us, for your safety."

"Wow. That's... Thank you." I don't know if I'd be truly happy about that, knowing that someone else's parents are willing to take me, not my own parents. But far from that sad thought, I am grateful for them.

"We are here to help you, Baby Doll." He said, caressing my cheeks. The only comfort in the world right now, being with him.

"Thank you." I said and smiled at him genuinely.

It's around ten in the morning, and the sun's rays pierced over the leaves of the trees, the gush of the wind as it rattles against the trees sounds like music to my ears, making this one fine day. I closed my eyes, feeling and drowning myself at this moment of tranquility. And that knowing Kohell's beside me, I'll be safe. He's my safe haven despite all the facts associated towards his true identity as a vampire. Everything, I know, everything about this vampire encounters would boil down into a possible bloodshed. But I'm going to end this, once and for all. Simone and her cronies won't succeed. Whatever it is that they are planning, I promise, they won't succeed. Whatever it takes.

"You know, you're gorgeous. And quite effortlessly." Kohell spoke.

That's when I opened my eyes and smile. "Still fascinated by looking at me secretly?" I said smirking at him.

"Well, what can I say? Old habits die hard." He said grinning.

He stared at me for a few moments and reached for my hand.

"I promise, this time, I won't leave you. I promise we'll be together forever. I promise you that, Baby Doll. I'll tear every vampire or human who's to harm you. I'll end every breath they'll have. I won't let them touch you. And Simone, she knows better than to mess with a Treyson Vampire. She's going to pay for all she's put you through. I'll destroy her. I promise you that." He said with great conviction. I was rather amused at his enthusiasm to end this fight. The sincerity in his eyes gives me strength and I ain't a fool to think I can do this alone. Yes, I said it before, that I don't want to drag them down with me, but seeing as how determined Kohell and his family is to help me with this, it lifts a few pounds of weight that was loaded to me.

"Raven."

Both of us turned when Kohell's mother called out to him. We stood up and walked over to the house.

Seeing his mother's serious face is making me nervous. We followed her all the way to the receiving area where the rest of the Treyson family has gathered.

Hessa handed Kohell a scroll with the seal opened.

I have no idea what was written in that but seeing everyone else's serious faces makes me think something bad has happened.

As Kohell is reading the scroll, Kelly approached me.

"Do you have a sec?" She whispered. And I nodded in response.

She lead me towards the balcony, overlooking the vast forest.

"I know this makes you feel uncomfortable." She began.

"What are you talking about?" I asked curiously.

"Our family, well technically, the Treysons are one of the oldest vampire families that are still walking this Earth. Everyone in the vampire community, even their grandsons, knows the Treyson Vampires are very strong. They'd cower down if crossed paths with them. But like all strong families, be it humans and vampires alike, they have enemies. People who are envious enough to destroy those who are at the top every chance they've got. And today's news proves it." She explained.

"Something bad happened, right? I can feel it in the tension in the air back there." I said.

"Very bad. Aunt Teressa was killed by our family's worst enemy. The Gregors. Specifically by Lucas Gregor." She said downheartedly. I can feel the pain she's feeling right now. And that made me feel freightened. I don't know why but suddenly, I felt scared. Scared for my life. Scared for everyone's life.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I said sincerely as I hugged her.

"Aunt Teressa has the purest heart of all the vampires I know. I may not be a Treyson by blood but she treated me just the same. But Kohell, he's known her since forever, and he grew up under Aunt Teressa's care." She said weeping. Her body's shaking as I felt warm liquid on my shoulders.

I remained silent, rubbing my hand on her back to comfort her. I allowed her to cry on my shoulders. If Kelly's hurt like this, how much more pain is Kohell enduring?

Kelly wiped her tears. "I'm sorry." She said.

I approached her and place my hand on her shoulders. "Hey, don't be. It's okay."

"It's just that--"

We heard a loud noise coming from the inside. Kelly and I looked at each other and both of us ran inside.

The glass centertable was broken in half and glass is shattered on the floor.

My heart is beating so fast as I saw blood on Kohell's fist. I can see his enraged face, his once dark eyes turned blood red, and seeing as how tensed his body is right now, makes me scared. The incident in the infirmary, his appearance back then, now, was ten times or more like hundred times like that.

"Son, please calm down." Kohell's father spoke.

"They killed Aunt Teressa. Gregor's fanatics tore her head from her shoulders. And you tell me to calm down? He's destroying our family piece by piece, Father. And you tell me to calm down?" Kohell said in a very deep voice. That made me hold Kelly's hand tightly.

"She was outnumbered. Five of Gregor's most skilled assassins came after her and there's nothing she can do."

"Outnumbered? One of us can kill ten of their strongest. And you said only five came after her? And she was defeated?"

"From what I hear, Gregor has grown stronger."

"And stronger if we just sit here and do nothing." Kohell's growing more enraged. "Mother." She turned to Hessa. "They ambushed Aunt Teressa, your sister, are you just going to stay here and do nothing?"

"Raven, calm down. There will be a council meeting tomo--"

"Oh fuck the council, Mother. Where was the council when threats were poured down at Brooklyn Heights? What did the council do when Selene was taken by force? When did the council ever planned to stop this once and for all? The Council of Blood was supposed to be composed of Vampires who share common interest and ideas on how to eliminate those parties who are disgraces from our race and those who break the law. But now, Vampires roam around the town like normal people. Threatening normal people. Killing normal people. Mother, the council is a group of people. Not just one person. Or two for that matter." Kohell looked at her father.

"Don't talk to your Mother like that, Raven." Suddenly Kohell's father spoke. His voice so deep. Deeper that that of Kohell's. And more authoritative.

"Calm down, Dominik." Hessa said. Trying to calm both of them.

"We'll call upon the elders now. And we'll discuss this. You calm down, Damien. You're scaring Heather."

At the mention of my name, my body became stiff. Kohell turned to face me. Just then, his blood red eyes returned back to normal. His face showing every bit of concern.

"You and your dead council deal with Gregor, Mother. I'll deal with my girlfriend's situation."

"Kohell, stop. There was a witness." Kohell's brother, Klyden, spoke. All of them faced him.

"A girl named Valeen. A nurse from a general hospital. The attack happened just a few meters away from her apartment. Five cloaked people went after Aunt Teressa. They were talking. Threatening her. They mentioned something about a necklace."

"Oh my God." I gasped. For a brief moment, Klyden looked at me and continued on what he's saying.

"They knew Aunt Teressa knows something about the talisman. They tried to squeeze information out of her but she refused. She fought them off, but they were unbelievably stronger. Thus, the result is what you've read on the scroll."

"How sure are you of this, Klyden?" Kohell asked.

"It's not only you who has a gift in this family, brother. Remember? I have ears. And I hear whispers." Klyden made sure.

"Lucas is on the hunt as well." Kohell's father said.

If the Treyson Family's greatest enemy is after the necklace as well, that means, we have a larger enemy out there.

***

I had a huge fight with myself on whether to call my parents that I am staying with the Treysons for the school break. I'm contemplating. I don't want them to think I'm some kind of insolent little girl who goes around staying with people after my parents cut off my leash. But worst case scenario, I don't want to stay at home, alone. Who knows who's waiting for me behind the door.

Just thinking about that makes the hairs on the back of my head stand. Jeez. Horrifying.

I guess it's better this way. I am picking the less worse thing that could ever happen to me. I mean, what bad could happen while I'm under one of the most feared Vampire clan's care? This is better than going home and offer my self on a diamond platter to Simone. Like she said, she's everywhere.

But, I miss my parents. I miss my Mom and Dad. But I thought otherwise. It's too risky.

I was staring at myself in the nmirror when I heard a knock. I stood up and headed towards the door. And I saw Kohell standing outside, head down and swinging his body by his heels and sole.

"Hey." I greeted him. That made him lift his head up and caught my eyes.

"Hey." He answered. He caressed my cheeks. "I'm sorry. I must have frightened you a lot earlier."

I shook my head in disagreement and held his hand on my cheek. "No, I totally understand. In normal cases, I mean with normal people, that's a natural reaction. But you're a vampire, your emotions tend to go up to the top."

"Glad you know. And that also means my feelings for you tend to go up top as well." He said so soothingly. His voice so softer. So romantic. Quite the opposite of his deep tones earlier.

I can feel my cheeks burning. His words affect me so much. He's a sweet-talker alright.

I saw him smirk. The kind of smirk where he thinks he won. And it was too late when I realized his hand was still on my cheeks. And I bet he felt the sudden change on my bodyheat.

I backed away from him. But before I could step any further, he pulled me closer to him to an embrace. I was shocked at first but as soon as I landed on his broad chest, the heat of his own body was so damn comforting. The exchange of bodyheat at this very moment was relaxing, taking away all my current inhibitions.

"Promise me, Heather. Promise me you won't be scared of me no matter what." He whispered softly against my ears.

"I wasn't scare of you the first time I knew you were that notorious at school. I went head to head, arguing with you even though people warned me about you. I dealt with the fact that my cheerleader ass would be cheering your quarterback ass. I've forgiven you after all the pain you put me through. I accepted your offer of protection because I trusted you. I accepted your feelings because it certainly answers mine, from the very beginning. I understood your true identity, Kohell, and no normal human could do that more than I can. I am not scared of you, nor frightened of you. I am completely happy that I found you once again. And that all my memories about you were back. I am elated, Kohell. I certainly am."

"Thank you." He said and smiled.

"No, thank YOU. All of you. I realized, I can't do this alone. As much as I don't want all of you to be hurt, you, Errine, Kelly, your family, the only way to protect all of you, was to be together and unite to fight all of these. And I am thankful to have you all. To have you volunteer to help me. It means a lot to me. You just don't know how happy I am. I might not know how to work things out, but we'll figure it all out. I can visit the Void once again. Ask Mythagala for help too."

"I said, as much as possible, stop it. It's dangerous." He said, his expression shifted.

"You are not the only ones who have to do the hard work, Kohell. Please, just trust me. Okay? I'll be fine. I promise." It's my turn to caress his cheeks.

I stared at his deep eyes, mirroring the concern I feel as well. Concern for them. These people are willing to risk their lives for me. And it's unfair that I don't do the same.

Visiting the Void voluntarily will be a hard work. I have to pick the right memory, the right emotion, the right time. It'll be quite a painful process but I have to do it. To find answers. And maybe find a weapon against them. It will be very painful, given the fact that Mythagala warned me that my past Void-travels eats up my life force slowly. And I must admit, I did a handful of exhausting travels. But I really have to do this. Or else, all the answers will be lost in the long darkness of the Void.

"I trust you. And I'll help you to whatever extent. Just promise me you'd go back to me. Please, my love. Go back to me safely." He pleaded.

I only nodded as an answer. And I felt a gentle kiss on my head.

The Devil was tamed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 160 54
•First place winner of the 2017 Mist Awards and the 2nd Place winner of The 2017 Spring Awards!• "You are not allowed to feel sorry for yourself," I...
686 130 26
A shy gay kid must start over with a new school and new friends after a car accident releases something dark and ominous. Upon meeting the most beaut...
82.5K 5K 40
❝I... I saved you!❞ ❝Yeah, you did - but you're still a pathetic freak!❞ Or the one where the Hemmings family are hide-out hybrids living with the Cl...
3.3K 278 43
Luke never really liked the fact that his best friend Calum spent most of his time following another guy around, especially somebody who was so popul...