His Queen

By Alice_Wonderland36

The Kingdom of Asgard was in desperate need of a true leader. The former king let jealousy blind his judgment... More

His Queen
Prologue {part. 1}
Prologue {part.2}
Prologue {part. 3}
Land of Vinum {part.1}
Land of Vinum {part.2}
Home {part.1}
Home {part.2}
Training {part.1}
Training {part.2}
Raiders {part.1}
Raiders {part.3}
Conference {part.1}
Conference {part.2}
The Letter {part.1}
The Letter {part.2}
Preparation
Safe Travels {part.1}
Safe Travels {part.2}
Arrival {part.1}
Arrival {part.2}
The Ball {part.1}
The Ball {part.2}
The Ball {part.3}
Untold Secrets
The Meeting (unedited)
The Meeting {part 2}
Healing {part. 1-unedited}
Healing {part. 2-unedited}
Healing {part. 3-unedited}
Research
Practice {part. 1-unedited}
Not an Update
Practice {part.2-unedited}
Practice {part. 3-unedited}
Flower Fields {unedited}
Fiona
The Argument
The Argument {part.2-unedited}
Departure {part. 1-unedited}
Departure {part.2-unedited}
Bad News {unedited}
Captured {part 1-unedited}
Back Home {part.1-unedited}
Back Home {part. 2}
Back Home {part.3}
The Search
The Deal {unedited}
The Deal {part.2-unedited}
The Deal {part.3-unedited}
The Return {part.1-unedited}
The Return {part.2-unedited}
The Return {part.3-unedited}
The Promise {unedited}
Resolution {part.1-unedited}
Resolution {part.2-unedited}
Realization
The Battle
Recovery
Epilogue
End

Raiders {part.2}

3.2K 218 35
By Alice_Wonderland36

Streetcar-Daniel Caesar

~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I grabbed Ethan and brought him downstairs, with him my arms we made our way to the kitchen where breakfast was being prepared. Ethan sat on the counter and I helped him fix up a plate. Apparently he really liked bacon and only ate his eggs scrambled. In walked in Lord and Lady Diligitis, the mood in the kitchen was pretty somber, but just like yesterday when Margot saw Ethan she immediately brightened up.

"Hello their pretty boy, how are you doing this morning," Margot cooed.

Lord Diligitis or George, looked at Ethan and smiled. They both were taking a real liking towards Ethan, and him to them.

"Hello buddy, what's your name?," George asked.

"Ethan," he said quietly.

"Well it is very nice to meet you," George said.

"George can I talk to you in the hallway please," I asked.

"Of course Ziya, excuse me for a minute," he told Ethan.

We walked to the hallway together and made sure no one was around.

"How bad was it?," I started with.

"Well nothing we can't fix, volunteers are coming from all over the kingdom by the end of this month we would have rebuilt all the homes. The library however is another thing all of the books were burned. But luckily some of them were salvaged, a bit charred but still readable. It will take a while to refill all the shelves, but it can be done," he sighed. "I just don't understand why. Why now? After everything," he said frustrated.

I understood how he felt, something like this has never happened before. Only when my father was in rule did raids occur normally from the other kingdoms. But we've made peace with them, I just don't know.

"Don't worry we'll have our answers, our best trackers are going to find the men," I said.

He only nodded his head and we fell into silence, each of us lost in our own thoughts. I walked back into the kitchen to see Margot talking with Ethan, it really was a beautiful sight.

"Okay buddy it's time to go find your parents," I said.

Ethan got up from the stool and walked towards me, linking hands. I almost could have sworn I saw a look of disappointment in Margot's face.

"Have fun you two," she said solemnly.

Together Ethan and I walked through the town to find his burned down home. It was a depressing sight really, and it obviously upset him so I picked him up and shielded him from it. I walked through the town asking for his parents. Finally I saw a middle aged man across the street so I approached him.

"Hello I'm sorry for bothering you, but do you have any idea where his parents are?," I questioned.

The man's eyes widened in shock.

"Your majesty, it's an honor to meet you," he said. I could only smile, when he looked at Ethan he looked almost sorrowful. "And yes I know his parents, t-they were kïlled in the fire trying to protect Ethan. Good people they were only thought of him and his happiness," he said quietly.

In my arms I could feel Ethan's tears running down my shoulder and his trembling body. My heart broke for him, and all I wanted to do was hold him.

"Well thank you for your help," I said.

I held onto Ethan as he cried, and I felt a boiling rage sweep throughout my entire body. The raiders would pay for causing so much pain. With Ethan in my arms, we walked back to the Diligitis's home.

"What happened?," Margot asked.

"His parents didn't make it," I said softly.

Margot gasped and reached for Ethan, he allowed her to take him from my arms and hold him. Ethan welcomed her motherly embrace and at that moment and idea came to mind. I chose not to say anything and allowed him a bit more time to heal. I left them to it and headed to my room, there I laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I tried to wrap my mind around all of this, and then George's question popped into my mind. Why now? Why not ten years ago when the kingdom was in shambles?

I went back downstairs when lunch time arrived. There in the dining hall Margot, George and Ethan were playing a game of tag. George was the tagger and pretended to be the hungry monster. He had Ethan in his arms and pretended to fake eat him, his loud laughter could be heard a mile away. They looked like a real family, that's why I'm hoping my idea would work.

"Hey guys can we talk talk for a moment," I asked.

They stopped what they were doing and nodded, we all sat at the table.

"Okay as we know, Ethan your parents are in a better place and they're watching and protecting you every step of the way. It's just that they are not physically here to do that. Now you need a new home to stay in and some really good guardians, do you understand?," I asked.

Ethan silently nodded and continued to listen.

"Lord and Lady Diligitis, I know that you two have been trying to have a child for quite some time now," I said. They both looked at each other, a silent conversation happening between them.
"Ethan how would you like Lord and Lady Diligitis to be your new guardians," I asked.

His eyes lit up like stars and he looked to Margot and George with hopeful eyes.

"Of course we will be your Guardians Ethan, I couldn't imagine anything more perfect," Margot mused.

"That would be amazing," George exclaimed.

"Well looks like that's settled, I'm going to through town to check up on things. Have fun," I exclaimed.

Once again I was escorted through the town and could see hundreds of men and women working side by side to rebuild the homes. I greeted many of them and sat down to chat with a few. The sight in front of me was heart warming, this is how people should treat each other, as friends not foe. George was right when he said that the library was in shambles, there was nothing left but charred pieces of book covers. There was a box off to the side that held all the books that were saved, so I guess that's a positive outcome. Those who were without homes were living with neighbors who were kind enough to share.

I stayed in Diligitis for a few more days, just to make sure that construction was going well. I also stayed because I wanted to make sure Ethan was settling in nicely. The rest of the guards and I returned home on the fourth night.

There was a ruckus in the castle when we arrived, the staff was angry.

"Ziya, you are needed down in the dungeons, the guards were able to find one of the raiders. He's been here for the past two days," Angelica said hurriedly.

"Okay, thank you for telling me," I said.

I quickly made my way to the east wing, there was a long hallway that led to a door which led to an underground maze. The door was carefully hidden though, the last thing we needed was guest getting lost in there. I knew the maze like the back of my hand and I soon found the dungeons. They were currently empty seeing how no one in the kingdom has committed evil crimes. Years ago they were practically filled to the brink, and most of the crimes were for talk of a rebellion. Walking further along a flight of stair leading downwards, led to the torture chambers.

In the very center of the room sat a chained middle aged man, who looked extremely dirty. And when I say dirty I mean dirt caked up in his nails, yellowing teeth, and tree branches and leaves stuck in his long hair. The whites of his eyes were a bright yellow and his nose was long, sharp, and crooked. Like a ravens beak, matter of fact he looked more like a raven than a man. There were guards standing around the perimeter of the room clearly disgusted to be in his presence.

The sound of my heels clicking on the floor made him snap up his head. A slow Cheshire Cat smile graced his uneven face.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the one and only Queen Ziya, what did I do to deserve such an honor to be in your presence," he said in a gravelly voice.

I didn't say anything and immediately went into shut down mode. No emotion was displayed upon my face, and I stood tall and rigid. Like my father before he exploded.

"I have to say, the rumors about you are very much true," he let a long appreciative whistle. "You certainly are a beautiful chocolate goddess, and it helps that you have legs for days," he licked his chapped lips and stared me down. "Let me go now, and I forget that your men kïlled all my brothers. And maybe I could show you what a real mans like, if you're catching my drift," he wiggled his bushy brows and flashed me a yellow smile.

The soldier to the left of him blew a fuse and rushed towards him, sending a powerful right hook to the side of his face. A loud crack could be heard from the man's jaw, and his deafening howl soon followed.

"Don't you ever talk to my Queen like that ever, you dirty piece of filth," he roared.

I raised my hand and he quieted down, but his chest was still heaving. I slowly walked towards him and crouched at eye level.

"I want you to tell me why you are here, who sent you, and what are their plans. And maybe I'll allow you to walk out of here with all your limbs intact," I said calmly.

His response was a spit to my face, which luckily landed on my cheek.

"No can do princess," he growled.

The guards made a move to come closer, but I stopped them. I got up slowly and was given a handkerchief.

"Well then, this will be extremely fun for me and extremely painful for you," I said darkly while wiping off his saliva.

~~~~~~~~~
That's the end of this chapter. Hope you liked it. See you in the next chapter. 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 13.5K 29
Highest Rank: #2 in Beauty Everybody knows him as The Beast, the psychotic teenager who killed his parents, his sister and attempted to commit suicid...
Heart of a slave By Merlikha

Historical Fiction

13K 542 17
Siwhetta, an African girl, is captured and sold into the slave trade in 1814 and shipped to the West Indies. Despite her initial resistance, she is e...
1.1K 430 23
Royalty. Romance. Adventure. We can't have it all, but that doesn't stop us from fighting for a chance, even when we don't intend. "Am I Your Queen"...