Breaking Friend Zone

By MsDreamerGirl84

(Sequel to Possessive At First Sight) Highest Romance Rating: #70 Alexander James Demakis. One thing fo... More

Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Party
Chapter 2: Breaking Up
Chapter 3: Hell Bent
Chapter 4: Persistent Prick
Chapter 5: Baby
Chapter 7: Drunk & Bunk
Chapter 8: Drunk
Chapter 9: Sexy Back
Chapter 10: Frustrations
Chapter 11: Confirmation
Chapter 12: Rebel
Chapter 13: Honesty
Chapter 14: Truce
Chapter 15: Call
Chapter 16: Brother
Chapter 17: Face off
Chapter 18: Dirty Secret
Chapter 19: Caught
Chapter 20: Yes!
Chapter 21: Dinner
Meet my son! (Not an update)
Chapter 22: The Parents
Chapter 23: Breaking news
Chapter 24: Horse Riding
Chapter 25: The Santorini's
Chapter 26: Santorini's Breakfast Fun
Chapter 27: Frantic
Chapter 28: Hard Times
Chapter 29: Heart Racing
Chapter 30: Saddle Up
A short letter from the author
Recommended Books
Chapter 31: Life's Test
Chapter 32: Pre-Trial
Chapter 33: Past Catching Up.
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: First Real Date
Chapter 36: Plan
Chapter 37: Life Is Never Fair
Chapter 38: Storm Of Passion
Chapter 39: Blazing Fire
Chapter 40: Bliss
Chapter 41: Full Hearts
Chapter 42: Happiness
Chapter 43: Villa Allesandra
Chapter 44: If you say yes, you are mine forever!
Chapter 45: Wedding Ball
Chapter 46: The Verdict
Epilogue 1: Preparation
Epilogue 2 : Final and Conclusion

Chapter 6: Kick Out

42.6K 1.5K 32
By MsDreamerGirl84

Alexander's POV

It is confirmed. Mr. Hemmings is nowhere related to the owner of the gem. Still finding out on how it lands on his hand.

Cornick

I stared at the screen and read my friend's email again. I knew there's something odd. That gem worth more than thirty grand. That sparked my curiosity even more.

With a frustrated sigh, I stashed back my phone in my pocket, then reached out for the remote control at the other end of the coffee table. I sat back, and I felt something underneath me.

Her phone next to her laptop.

How did I not notice it?

I moved it to the armchair adjacent to me and placed the phone on top of the laptop. I settled myself on one end of the couch, then turned the flatscreen on. I skimmed the channel, then stopped when the NFL Football was ongoing.

I placed the remote beside me, then grabbed another beer. Unscrewing the lid, my eyes glued to the screen. A replay game of Jets versus Steelers.

I took a piece of pizza and comfortably leaned back against the backrest. The score is 7 - 4. The Steelers is ahead of 3. I'm rooting for New York Jets of course.

I absentmindedly lifted the pizza to my mouth and took a large bite as I anxiously watched Roethlisberger swung his hand, the ball flew into the air. I sat upright, hoping Le'Veon would miss the football.

"...Roethlisberger pass..." the announcer said, almost not breathing just as I am as I watched the football lands in Le'Veon's blue gloves. "Caught and touchdown Le'Veon!" the announcer cried out.

"Ohh!" I cried out, dropping my back against the backrest then gobbled my pizza.

Just then I felt Clara Bell's presence. Then, she stood in front of my stretched legs, her sweet scent hung in my nose, and I almost tug her on my lap and bury my nose into her neck and inhale her addicting feminine smell.

"I can't see!" I said rather whined. I want her away from me before I could do something that will make her hate me even more.

She threw me a glare as she reached out for her phone, then straightened hastily and sat on the other end of the couch.

She sat in silence and her attention on her phone. Fixated as she thumbed her phone.

I tore my gaze away from her and tried to divert my complete attention to the game, but it was impossible. The voice of the announcers passed my hearing line like that of the wind. And now all I could see was men in white and blue uniforms running here and there, tackling each other, and nothing registered in my distracted head.

"...touchdown!" another cry from the announcer, and just when I was snapped out of my stupor.

"Oh, come on!" I cried out under my breath, then downed the rest of the contents of my beer.

Just when all my attention was back to the game, I heard Clara Bell giggled. And I gaze at her like like a blasted lovestruck fool.

I've seen her laughing hard with all her perfect white sets of teeth in full view, up to her pink gums. Mouth opened wide as wide as it can go, but I've never found it appealing. And now, she was giggling, and here I am like I've never seen her giggled before. I've seen her more than giggling or chuckling. I've seen her laugh out loud, to the point I could see her brain through her wide open mouth.

I can't take my eyes off her. She looked so genuinely happy, and I wished I could make her smile like that. Her face lit up, her eyes glowing. She looked as radiant as the sun today, and strangely, a warm fuzzy feeling spread within me.

If only those smile were directed at me.

And then she lifted her phone to her ear. Just then I realized she was happy because she was texting someone.

The warm feeling that I felt a moment ago suddenly vanished, replaced with contempt. Contempt towards the caller that made her smile.

Perhaps the guy she's dating.

That thought had my temper set on fire. Blood boiling in my veins like lava, unconsciously staring grimly at the phone next to her left ear.

"Hey," she said.

The enthusiasm in her tone, her body relaxed, and she looked excited, it made me even more curious and furious at the same time.

I scooted closer to her without realizing it. Leaning into her, and spoke grimly. "Who's that?" I growled. She jerked her head away and whirled her head and gave me a sharp glare that could cut a stone.

"Nothing!" she snapped at the caller. Her tone sharp and dismissive. She moved the phone to her other ear, then she pushed me away. She widened her eyes at me at she mouthed me to keep quiet.

She groaned, unable to hide her growing irritation. I felt the need to give her a privacy even though a burning curiosity is slowly consuming me.

"It's the TV, Brittany. Don't get your imagination too far," she snapped. And hearing that it was a girl, a sudden wave of relief washed over me.

I tried to pull my attention back to the screen, my thighs occasionally touching her. I didn't attempt to move back to where I originally sat. I felt comfortable sitting next to her.

The Jets is still four points behind.

"But you have to know that Alexander is here," I heard her said, causing me to lean a tad bit closer to her to hear some more, pretending to watch the game. "Please keep your mind straight, and tuck that very wild imagination of yours somewhere at the very back of your head!" she added hastily. "You know our family is very close," she explained, causing me to groan inwardly.

I was about to lean back when I heard her mentioned Claire's name. "I am serious, Brit. I don't want Claire to know that Alex is here with me, I know she trusts me, but still—"

My hand tightened around the empty bottle and ate the last bite of my pizza. Then put the empty bottle on the table.

"She's nice, Brit. If you only look on her other side and stop aggravating her," she sighed.

You are very wrong, Clara Bell. And in time, you'll see who she is.

I wanted to tell her, but I kept my mouth shut. She won't ever believe me. For now, I need to win her trust.

"I don't know, Brit," she said curtly, glancing at me and shot me a glare.

She shifted her gaze back to the screen. I did the same. Deciding to mind my own business and bloody stop listening to their conversation.

Since when I became nosy?

"...tossed to Powell... caught.. takes it in.. and touchdown Powell!" I heard the announcer exclaimed.

"About bloody time! That's my boy!" I cried out, bouncing on my seat as my balled hand slicing through the air happily.

I turned my gaze to her. She looked in distressed. "Great!" she groaned, turning her head to look at me, and I was mindlessly grinning at her.

She scowled at me. "You need to leave now," she said, rising to her feet.

I grunted. I'm still enjoying my stay. "The game wasn't over. Let me finish it at least," I said, glancing at the screen.

She spoke curtly. "My friend is here," she snapped, hand flung towards the direction of the door.

Giving her a pleading look, perhaps I looked like a dog begging for food. "Please..."

She crossed her hands over her chest, my gaze following her movements. She was wearing her pink robe, and I regretted pointing out that she was dressed in a see-through pajamas. If only I had kept my mouth shut, I'd like her in her sexy outfit, but then, I would be like a freaking horny dog gawking at her.

But then again, I don't want to take advantage of her.

In the dark, the silk hid what's underneath, but under the sunlight pouring generously through the transparent glass walls, it revealed what's under.

She looked desperate to kick me out. And knowing it is one of her friends, I nodded my head slowly.

I'll see her tomorrow, I thought to comfort my disappointment.

"Fine," I conceded as I pulled myself up then stood close to her. She dropped her hands to either of her sides.

Her face contorted.

For how many years I've known her, seen her on many occasions, I have never found her interesting, perhaps amusing. And now, every single change of her facial expression I find it enchanting. The way her brows darted together, then high up when provoked, her lips pursed, a few crease line on her foreheads as she scowled, her shoulders squared as she met my eyes, daring to challenge me.

I could watch her face all day, her facial expressions shifting every second, I wouldn't mind at all.

I held her gaze. Her eyes filled with curiosity as she held mine. Her hard face seconds ago was now as soft as silk, and I couldn't say no.

Sighing, I spoke. "That's because I can't say no to you when you're looking at me like that," I smirked as I stared at her with tenderness.

I forced to keep my hands at my sides, daring not to curl it around her and draw her close to me, to feel her soft body against my hard ones. Resisting her was hard, it almost took all my willpower.

Just be patience, Alex, and a little hard work. It will be rewarded when the time comes.

I'll wheedle my way into her heart.

"I hope, when you plead next time, it will be a different thing," I taunted, wanting to see that fire in her eyes before I leave. She was just staring at me, a crease wedge in between her eyebrows.

My gaze landed on her lips. And it was the wrong move. Just staring at her luscious lips, it incapacitated my logical thinking. I leaned in and gave her lips a peck when she didn't move nor speak. "I'll see you tomorrow, baby!" I murmured against her lips then pulled my lips away while I can.

Then I hastily turned on my heel, and I strode towards the door. She was left speechless for a brief moment. Just then I turned around the corner, I heard her screamed.

"Alexander James Demakis!" I felt her footsteps coming towards me, my brisk steps hastened. "I'm so going to kill you!" she screeched as she tried to catch up with me.

I opened the door, and her friend she called Brittany was standing in the doorway holding a big paper bag. Her green eyes widened upon seeing me, then a sweet smile graced her small oval face.

Her green eyes met mine. "Hi!" she smiled cheekily.

She's about Clara Bell's height. Slender just like her, red hair, fair skin, and her cheeks sprinkled with freckles.

"Hello," I replied.

"I'm Brittany Walsh," she introduced, holding the paper bag with one hand and extended the other.

I took it, then we shook hands briefly and was about to tell my name when she beat me to it.

I just smiled.

I heard Clara Bell's footstep behind us. I could feel her gaze on my back, and I turned to face her.

"Are you okay?" Brittany asked her, and she snapped her murderous gaze to her friend, then her face suddenly softened. "You look like you wanted to kill him?" Brittany commented before she could retort and I gave Brittany a wink.

She only chuckled. "Of course, I am fine!" she retorted, her voice neutral as she squared her shoulder and sauntered casually towards us.

"Well, if you say so," Brittany said.

I had thought to keep my mouth shut, but seeing Clara Bell's flat face, I couldn't help but see the fire in her orbs once more.

"She's mad that I'm leaving," I teased, giving Brittany a glance, and she giggled.

"Oh, bother!" she chuckled. "I'm sure she is," she quipped dryly with a mischievous grin.

I let out a soft chuckle as I rolled my gaze back to Clara Bell and she was killing me with her eyes. The fire was back, they glinted with fury.

And I can't seem to take my eyes away.

Her bright, glinting cerulean orbs were like magnets, and it's sucking me. "I wasn't mad at him because he's leaving!" she snapped, her cheekbones hardened with fury.

"Oh!" I heard Brittany said. "Then what is it?" she asked.

Clara Bell snapped her eyes at her friend. I waited with profound curiosity. She swallowed and then blinked twice. A fake smile broke out on her lips. "Oh, I'm just not in the mood," she replied, feigning nonchalance. "You know, seeing his face always makes me wants to kill him," she answered all the while smiling at her.

Brittany giggled. "I know, you hated him," she spewed out bluntly.

My facial muscles grew taut upon hearing it.

Not only I who knows about her hatred towards me but also her friends. That caught me off guard.

Hate is such a strong word.

A harsh one causing my heart to tighten, making it hard to breathe, and a heavy weight in my chest swelled. My throat painfully tightened, and for a brief moment, my heartbeat slowed down.

It felt like the time has stopped and my head spinning, spiraling into an unknown abyss, then I was lost.

I gave her a pained look then tore it away, my clenched hands unconsciously dug into my pockets, my shoulders sagged in disappointment.

I felt broken.

I swallowed hard trying to contain the strange and unwelcome emotions that have had suddenly crushed me, but it did little to suppress my mixed emotions.

I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I glanced at Brittany and gave her a nod before turning on my heel and strode towards the elevator without so much a glance.

....

Clara Bell's POV

"I think he likes you, Clara Bell," Brittany remarked as we both watched his back disappearing into the lift. I snapped my head to Brittany.

"Please, Brit. Let's not talk about him," I said, feeling suddenly exhausted.

I know he was hurt with my words.

I should have just kept my mouth shut, but he really pissed me off when he declared I was mad he was leaving me. He just knew how to stir my temper. It's just annoying.

Argh! Why do I feel so guilty about it?

"Oh, bother!" Brittany exclaimed, causing me to tear my gaze away from the empty hallway, then shifted it to Brittany, and met her perusing stare. "He's gone," she said, her brow high up in interest.

My gaze dropped to the white paper bag that she was clutching against her chest, like holding a baby. My forehead scrunched up as I stared at it.

Like how much food did she brought with her?

Deflecting her inquiry, I spoke enthusiastically, forcing out a keen interest. "What did you bring?"

Her face suddenly lit up, her curiosity forgotten as she looked down on the bag over her chest. "I brought some Ruffles, popcorn, and pop chips, and my favorite Twinkies," she giggled, drifting her gaze back to me. "And of course, Margarita to go all the way tonight," she grinned.

I chuckled. That's a lot of snacks.

"Come on in then," I said, and stepped aside so she can walk in.

She walked in, past me, then giving the empty hallway another glance, I shook my head and tried to tamp down the guilt that starting to settle in my heart. I closed the door behind me then followed Brittany who was still rambling about the drinks she brought with her.

"...it's good. So we will try it," I heard her said.

She stood next to the coffee table, then place the bag on the couch then help me cleaned the coffee table. There were still food untouched. "And we also have more pizzas, fries, and wings," she enthusiastically chirped and I stopped, my chest tightened as a pang of guilt washed over me.

Alex brought this food because he was so concerned that I didn't have anything to eat. Which is very assuming of him, but thoughtful nonetheless. I didn't have anything, and I was so ungrateful. Then I kicked him out, and I don't even know if he had enough food. The fries was untouched, and so the wings.

He had three bottles of beer, I thought as I collected the three empty bottles, then quietly headed to the kitchen.

Brittany was still prattling on.

When I came back, Brittany was already sitting on the couch, chips are on top of the unopened pizza, two bottles of mixed Margaritas are on the table.

I sat next to her. She stared at me as she chewed on her pizza, a thoughtful look in her eyes. She swallowed it down then spoke. "Do you know that Alex and Claire broke up?" she said warily.

My brows went up high, eyes almost bulging. She must be joking, but she looked utterly serious. There's no hint of humor in her eyes.

"Claire loves him so much, she'll kill herself if they broke up," I said mindlessly.

Brittany shook her head. "Oh, but they did! I heard from Mahika."

Mahika was her closest friend before we met. I felt my head suddenly spinning.

Is it why she texted me?

She needed me right now, and upon knowing it, I couldn't bring myself to call her back after hearing the bad news.

Yes, it is bad news.

I know how much Claire loves Alex. She'll go to great lengths just to keep him at her side. She's devastated.

"Oh, God!" I groaned, my head dropped and buried my face in in my hands trying to shut out what I've just heard.

"I think they don't fit together..." Brittany prattled on, and my thoughts wandered.

So Alex was telling me the truth. He indeed broke up with her. Dropping my hands to my lap, I looked at Brittany. Her face suddenly filled with worries.

"You look—"

"Let's drink. I think I need it tonight," I said cutting her off.

She eyed me for a moment, and I tore my eyes away, drifting it to the long neck bottle next to the beers.

"Oh, bother!" she exclaimed, then she leaned over the table and unscrewed the lid open.

While she did that, I checked my phone.

Claire sent me another text.

.....

Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 50.6K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
901K 30.4K 38
Alessandro De Luca couldn't forget his childhood crush, Isabella Martinelli after they had spent the night on her birthday. As much as Alessandro ha...
1M 35.9K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
4.6M 169K 46
Highest- #2 in Romance "Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He chuckled. I stopped breathing at the close proximity, my knees turning to jelly. I lean...