Panthera Onca ➳ Derek Hale [U...

Od -uzxmaki

❝...I don't know why I'm even still here, can't shake it off, I've been here for years on top of years And I... Viac

00. Author's Note
00. Playlist
00. Prologue
01. Wolf Moon
02. Second Chance At First Line
03. Pack Mentality
04. Magic Bullet
05. The Tell
06. Heart Monitor
07. Night School
08. Lunatic
09. Wolf's Bane
10. Co-Captain
11. Formality
12. Code Breaker
01. Omega
02. Shape Shifted
03. Ice Pick
04. Abomination
05. Venomous
06. Frenemy
07. Restraint
08. Raving
09. Party Guessed
10. Fury
11. Battlefield
12. Masterplan
01. Tattoo
02. Chaos Rising
03. FireFlies
04. Unleashed
05. Frayed
06. Motel California
07. Currents
08. Visionary
09. The Girl Who Knew Too Much
10. The Overlooked
11. Alpha Pact
12. Lunar Ellipse
13. Anchors
14. More Bad Than Good
15. Galvanize
16. Illuminated
17. Silverfinger
18. Riddled
19. Letharia Vulpina
20. Echo House
21. The Fox And The Wolf
22. De-Void
23. Insatiable
24. The Divine Move
01. The Dark Moon
02. 117
03. Muted
05. I.E.D
06. Orphaned
07. Weaponized
08. Time Of Death
09. Perishable
10. Monstrous
11. A Promise To The Dead
12. Smoke and Mirrors

04. The Benefactor

1.8K 48 11
Od -uzxmaki

Derek's P.O.V

   I got called by the sheriff to come over to the hospital. I waited for the deputies to leave so I could talk to him. I listened to him talk with the deputies. He doesn't understand what's going on, but he clearly understands this isn't some usual criminals... 

   "Uh, I guess you've been there long enough to hear we need to be quick about this." He commented as he noticed me. "Scott said he called himself a wendigo." 

   "Cannibalistic shape-shifters." I confirmed as I looked at the body. "But I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must have been well-hidden." I tried picking up a scent and investigate a little. "How many people did Scott say were up here?"

   "Just Sean and the axe-murderer who apparently has no mouth. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" I stepped up to the ledge and spotted blood. 

   "There was someone else. Someone young. And male." I informed him by what I noticed.

   "You can smell his fear?" He asked.

   "And his blood." I added.

   I've extracted the axe from Peter's chest that the murderer stuck in him. I can't say he didn't deserve this... He got extra bitchy lately.

   "The axe was laced with wolfsbane. I don't know the species so I'm going to have to burn it out." I flicked open the lighter I was holding. Jade chuckled. I can understand why it's amusing. It's ironic.

   "I think I can handle a little fire." I made a pleased face and then used the lighter to light a blowtorch. Peter's face dropped and Jade seemed thrilled about it. She deeply hates Peter, huh? "Ah, hell." I applied the blowtorch and Peter screamed. After I was done, he fell to the floor in agony, but I offered him a hand and pulled him up. "He said he was after you and Jade."

   "How does a guy with no mouth say anything?" I was confused.

   "With this." Peter showed me a glove with a keyboard that he somehow has. Well, this might a be a lead.

☼ 

   I brought the glove to the station to show Stilinski.

   "I still don't get ho this guy has no mouth. How can he eat?" I mentally face-palmed myself. Not important for me right now. I want to know why he's after Jade and I.

   "Peter didn't get a chance to ask. He was fighting him off with a tomahawk buried in his chest." I answered.

   "Who runs around with a tomahawk?" That's what he's focusing on?

   "I carried one for IED removal in Afghanistan." One of his deputies joined our conversation. "It's military. And so is that." He pointed at the glove.

   "Do you know what it's used for?" The Sheriff asked him. 

   "Well, this one looks like it's been modified." The Sheriff and I exchanged looks and the Sheriff went to close the door.

   "Show us." The Sheriff ordered him, and he got on the computer.

   "Okay, I think I got an IP address." He claimed.

   "That means we can find him, right?"

   "Definitely. Especially if-" We heard a noise. I hope it's not something bad because I won't be able to go through anything right now.

   "What was that?" I asked. The glove twitched. Huh, thank God it's only the glove.

   "I think I found a message. Does anyone recognize the handle Benefactor?" 

   "Money transferred. What does that mean?" I added another question.

   "That means this guy is not just a killer. He's an assassin." The Sheriff answered. The Sheriff and I headed into the school because the lead we got hinted us he was there. The Sheriff had his gun out, which made me smirk.

   "You know, just because this guy connected to the school's WiFi, doesn't mean he's still here." I noted.

   "True. But I've seen enough in this school to keep my gun in hand when walking in after dark." The Sheriff shined his flashlight around and spotted a pool of blood. "Like blood." Fantastic.

   "That doesn't make sense." How come I didn't notice that? I mean, I could've smelled this the moment we entered the school, but I didn't. This is worrying me. Am I losing my powers?

   "Yeah, no kidding." The Sheriff had a worried look on his face.

   "That's not what I mean. I should've caught the scent before we walked in." He looked even more worried. "Hold on." I whispered, going to open the door to the classroom, but the Sheriff stopped me.

   "You nervous makes me nervous."  He checked through the small window and then ushered me back out of the way. The Sheriff opened the door very slowly, only just pulling a trigger wire tight. I crouched down to get a look. It's a claymore mine. Shit.

   "It's an explosive. A claymore. Get down!" I told him. Then I heard the sound of a flying tomahawk through the air and pulled the Sheriff out of the way. The assassin appeared with a second tomahawk in hand. I fought him and disarmed him. I managed to get his arms behind his back, and the Sheriff came up and pointed a gun into his face.  

   "You have the right to remain silent." The Sheriff told him, and I rolled my eyes. I know that he has to say that, but he seemed to enjoy saying this to him, mostly because he has no mouth. "Anything you say, can and will be used against you in the court of law. You've the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one-" As he was reading off his Miranda rights, Peter came into the hallway. He started running at us. I shoved myself and the Sheriff out of the way as Peter attacked the assassin.

   "No, Peter, no!" I warned him. Peter slashed the assassin dead and tore off a piece of the assassin's flesh. The Sheriff held his gun on Peter as he got up and Peter wiped off his hands. After that, he got up and started walking away. "We've learned a better way."

   "I'm a creature of habit." He replied. What a fucking asshole.

☼   

   "I'm worried about myself, Jade." I confessed. We lied next to each other on our bed. She seemed tired. We're going through enough, so that's reasonable. "I'm losing my powers."

   "I don't believe it, Derek. My last vision showed me you'll become stronger, you're not dying." She replied. Maybe she was in denial... Nothing says I'll grow stronger...

   "Maybe that vision was wrong. I'm dying. I barely catch a scent now."

   "Stop it, Derek. You're not dying." Her eyes were sparkling.

   "Why are you crying? Jade, we can't stop this. We'll just make the best out of our time together." She didn't agree. She seemed in pain.

   "Derek, you can't give up like this." I hugged her, and she hugged me back. I felt my shirt get wet by her tears. Oh... I don't want her to cry.

   "Is everything okay?"

   "Just promise me that you'll fight to live, Derek." I nodded. "Promise me."

   "I promise. Tell me what's wrong, Jade. You're worried and it makes me even more worried."

   "Derek... I-I..."

   "You're what?" I rushed her. She looked down and I lifted her chin up so she could look at me. A tear escaped her eye so I cleaned it. My heart is shattering to see her that way. "What happened?"

   "I'm pregnant." I raised my eyebrows as my heart skipped a beat. We're of the few leftovers of our families and for the first time since the fire, it's growing. I felt so overwhelmed. I didn't see it coming. Well... I should've. But still.

   "You're pregnant?" A small smile appeared on her lips. "This is amazing. I'm so happy to hear this."

   "You are?" I nodded, looking at her tummy. 

   "Never ask that. Of course I'm happy to start a family with you. I'll never be sad by that." I feel whole at heart. I'm happy to get on this journey with her. I don't care about the rest of those worries. "We'll raise an amazing child together." I placed my forehead on hers, our noses touched. "I love you so much."

   "I love you too."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

482K 30.3K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
182K 7.5K 53
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
471K 9.9K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
309K 17.7K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...