Then It Hits Me

By comically

"This plan will be good for Ella and us." Caitlin and Miller. Miller and Caitlin. Forced together by a footba... More

An Important Letter from the Author
Chapter 1: Then It Hits Me
Chapter 3: I Feel Accomplished When You Glare
Chapter 4: I Peed In My Pants
Chapter 5: Playing Matchmaker
Chapter 6: My Best Friend, Ella
Chapter 7: Selfish Animals
Chapter 8: What I Deserve
Chapter 9: My Twin Cousin
Chapter 10: Talk About Humiliation
Chapter 11: Drunk Barbecues
Chapter 12: Love Is A Closed Door
Chapter 13: Things You Can Do On Swings
Chapter 14: Chocolate and Cheesy Jokes
Chapter 15: The Bar of Almost Death
Chapter 16: There Is A First Time For Everything
Chapter 17: Let's Barf Together
Chapter 18: Three Letters
Chapter 19: A Great Destination
Chapter 20: Amazing Heat
Chapter 21: Prostitute Wardrobe Malfunction
Chapter 22: The Contract
Chapter 23: Aftermath of the Heartbreak
Chapter 24: I Literally Want To Fly Away
Chapter 25: Like Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 26: Forever
Epilogue
Q&A + Fun Facts!

Chapter 2: Teenage Girls Are Rebellious

2.7K 91 12
By comically

~Chapter Two: Teenage Girls Are Rebellious~

"Good you're awake. Now I can tell you the consequences of Miller's actions and what you will be facing."

My eyes open to see five heads looking down at me. Mom. Dad. Carter. Nurse Mann. Miller.

Wait, Miller?

I try to force myself off of the uncomfortable mattress, but everyone's hands seem to be pushing me back down.

Nurse Mann takes out her clipboard and turns to face me, "Caitlin, when that football hit you, it hit a very sensitive part of your head, causing you to pass out and giving you a mild concussion. We called a doctor because it was too late to rush you to the hospital, thanks to the boys on the team. They thought you were bluffing, so they did not call me until a whole hour later. Doctor Adams have given his orders for you to not be dancing for the next two weeks, to heal your concussion."

I suck a sharp breath of air in. No dancing? That's like no eating or no sleeping. Miss. Moselli will be devastated once she hears the news. I'm worried about if I will still be able to perform or not. Two weeks is two classes and every second of practice is worthy to a dancer.

At least I get more time to sleep in.

"Miller," Nurse Mann's eyes give a brief glimpse of annoyance, "Since you were not only the one who threw the football that earned Caitlin this concussion, but also because you also initiated the game of 'throw the football', you will get detention everyday until Caitlin heals. In less speech, that would be two weeks."

I turn my head slightly to see Miller's violent reaction, but he seems only shocked. The question now is, if he is shocked from his punishment or is he still shocked about the fact that he hit an innocent girl really hard with a damn football?

"Say sorry to Caitlin and her family," Nurse Mann urges Miller to give an apology.

"I'm sorry for hitting you with a football, Caitlin. I am also sorry to Carter, Mrs. Mays, and Mr. Mays," he sounds a bit insincere, but I'll take what I can get.

Mom nods uncertainly and Dad just stand there with his arm draped on mom's waist. Carter's eyes show how unforgiving he is deep down.

"The next thing is that we are going to make Miller skip practices to go to Caitlin's house for the next two weeks because it's only fair," Nurse Mann jots down something into her note book.

If Miller isn't going to throw a violent fit, then I will. I thought this was a punishment for him, not for me. I would rather spend time with Dirty Sinner than Miller. Trust me when I say that Dirty Sinner is the definition if his name.

"No!" Miller yells what is in my head.

"In addition to that, you will drive Caitlin home everyday for a month. That should be enough to have you learn your lesson," Nurse Mann smiles in satisfaction. It almost looks as if she was smiling evilly.

Carter can no longer speak, so be hangs his mouth wide open with his eyes big and wild. His face is so red that if you stuck some headlights onto him and a hose, you could mistaken him as a fire truck.

I finally take enough breath in to mutter, "Isn't that a little much?"

This time, my own mother, who is supposed to be on my side, shakes her head. How can she be such a traitor to her daughter?

"He needs to learn his lesson and you need to learn to be more careful. Plus, it benefits you. You are a teenage girl, Caitlin. You are supposed to be rebellious, but instead you coop yourself in your room and keep everything close to you." mom says sternly. I can hear Carter muffle a few giggles behind her. I'll get him for that later.

"What about Ella? We're friends."

Carter scoffs, "There is a fine line between friends and people who just hang out with each other. You and Ella only talk in school and dance class. She never comes over, you two never do anything together, and you act as if she's an embarrassment."

You know twin telepathy, right? Too bad you can't use it to send messages because I'd have a ten page letter typed out on how mean he is and ready to be sent to him. I guess I'll just have to use e-mail.

When I tell people about the 'punishment', they will be green with envy. Omigosh! The super sexy beast, Miller will be at your house on Saturday mornings? I'm so going to be there! They'll think of it as more of an opportunity to make a move on him, instead of something that I just want to forget. I don't really care if they come to my house because it's not like I'm actually going to try to get him to like me. What probably is going to happen is that I'm going to lock myself in my room while he is downstairs, watching TV.

Miller, on the other hand, must be feeling like poop. Not only does he have to drive me home everyday, he also has to spend five hours a week with me. If I were Ella, he'd be delighted. Ella has the charm and looks to be a regular boy magnet, whereas I have about as much charm as a pig. Don't even get me started about my curve-less body. Miller Woods only cares for himself and hot girls.

After an hour, I am finally released from the nurse's office. My dad swings his arm over my shoulder and keeps me close to his side. I rest my head on his shoulder and smile at the warmness. No wonder mom picked him. Dad is not overly handsome, or at least not as handsome as Miller, and he isn't the jock type that girls as pretty as mom go for. I used to wonder why mom picked him out of all the boys that were begging at her feet, but I just recently found out. It's because of how he treated her and still treats her. Like a queen.

I always wanted to be like mom and not have to worry about which boys like me because mom has always had this sunshine that made her a boy magnet. I guess that magnet just hasn't transferred to me because boys hardly ever talk to me, unless it is to ask for a pencil. Mom was student body president, like Carter is, and I know she wanted her daughter, not son, to follow her footsteps. I'm pretty much a disappointment in her eyes, though she will never admit it.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Dad's warm breath is against the top of my head.

I muster and lift my head up to smile at dad, "Horrible, but getting better."

Dad may not have all the looks, but he sure has the eyes. They are the same colour the sky that I am always looking at. My eyes are blue too, but a duller, less vibrant shade. I wish I had gotten Carter's chocolatey brown ones.

Dad chuckles lightheartedly, "You're lucky to be hanging out with such a pretty boy like Miller. If you were just about any other girl, you'd be swooning."

"Unfortunately, I'm not. I will never swoon over that thing," I tell him with truth.

"That's what they all say."

The Monday at school, everyone has already heard of my concussion and they know that Miller is the one who caused it. They should be mad at him for hurting a girl, but instead, he becomes a 'super hot bad boy'.

"Are you okay?" Ella wraps her arms around me. Her blonde curls fly all over my face and I have to purse my lips to make sure they don't fly into my mouth because that would be disgusting.

It's only the beginning f the day and I already have people whispering about me. The more popular gossipers are all huddled in their usual 'Gossip 101' corner dicussing how I am a charity case and how I probably got hit with the football on purpose, just so I coluld spend time with Miller. Those girls talk really loudly, forcing the people around them to hear bits and peices of what they're saying. By luch time, the gossip spreads and everone is harrassing me about be a boy-hogger. I thought people knew me well enough to know that I take no interest in boys who have a fantasy with which they are the king.

I take a look at the food in the cafeteria. They have the usual salad, sandwiches, and macaroni and cheese. Today's special is spaghetti, which is just about my favourite food in the world. "Does the spaghetti have cheese in it?" I give the luch lady a glance.

"Parmesan," She prepares to scoop some into a bowl for me, when I stop her.

"I'm lactose intolerant," I huffed.

A few girls in line behind me, snicker at my 'problem'. Being lactose intolerant is very common. Whenever I eat things that come from milk, it makes my eyes get watery and my arms get itchy, which eventually forms a rash. Not a very pleasant sight.

The lunch lady looks at me sadly, "That's too bad. I guess you can't eat the macaroni and cheese either. What about a nice salad?"

I nodded and she made a delicious looking bowl of salad for me. I went to sit down at my usual spot, the spot right next to the garbage and two tables away from 'The Gossipers'. I sit alone at lunch because Ella doesn't have luch the same period I do. Ella is also friends with 'The Populars' so she sits at their table during her lunch. No one screams 'loner' more than I do.

"Look at Caitlin. Now she's eating salad? Ugh. It's obvious that she's trying to get all healthy to impress Miller. God, she's a bitch," A brunette girl from 'The Gossipers' tells her friends with a small smirk.

I cringe, but force myself not to look affected. I've never had a huge group of friends ever in my life. There are people who are extremely nice to me at first, but then I find out that my mom is paying them to be friends with me. It happened twice in freshman year and once in junior. Mom is too involved in my life and I think she needs to stop trying to make me a social butterfly like she was because that is never going to happen. Let me repeat: never.

A red-head from the group pipes in with her phone in hand, "Look at this. The hashtag 'CaitThebitch' is trending on Instagram and Twitter, well as close to trending as this school has ever gotten to." 'The Gossipers' pile around the red-head and look at what is on the screen of her phone.

#CaitTheBitch is TRENDING?

All I did was get hurt by a football thrown by Miller Woods and a hashtag calling me a bitch is trending around the school? This school may be filled with nearly a thousand mean people, but could they stoop down this low?

"Say cheese!" 'The Gossipers' all drawled in sync. I spin my head around and see a bright light flash into my eyes. They did not just take a picture.

The red-head girl taps her phone twice, "Hashtag CaitTheBitch. Tweet."

The whole cafeteria is looking at me right now, expecting me to attack her. Of course, I don't. I sit there with my hands gripping onto each other in my lap and my eyes focused on my salad. If I have a reaction, 'The Gossipers' have officially won and I will not give them that satisfaction of knowing they hurt me.

Once everyone realized that I wasn't going to kill anyone anytime soon, they returned back to their own pathetic lives. I finally let the first of many tears slide down my face. My hands wipe my eyes madly, trying to prevent anyone from seeing me cry.

Mom was right, teenage girls are rebellious...

~~~~~~~~~~

I have nothing to write on this author's note:) Thanks for reading and make sure to vote!!!!Luv ya<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 175K 36
Kelsey Mays knows everything there is to know when it comes to loving a bad boy. They're uncaring jerks who will leave you brokenhearted and alone wi...
205K 7.7K 26
Katie is facing her last year of high school with her two best friends, Trey and Cody. Nothing complicates things like a love triangle, right? That's...
496K 12.2K 37
Gracie May is a shy nerdy girl with major trust issues especially when it comes to guys. Her simple life gets turned upside down the moment 'Ryan Gr...
1.2M 23.6K 48
COMPLETED. Book 1/4 of the Adam's Series - She moved in with her twin brother. He lived with her brother. But, you can't blame gravity for falling in...