F.A.M.E.

Oleh intellectual212

They say love conquers all, but when fame, and love collide, who will rise as the victor? Lebih Banyak

Books Before Fame
Just Friends
Inappropriate Outfits
Father and Provider
Give Him Credit
Better Friend
Tell Her
Author's Note:I Just Have To
Dream Girl
All L's
Run Its Course
Dang You Heauxs Got Big Mouths
Bringing in Birthdays
Shine Together
So Guess Who Got A Girl
Like A Dream
Authors Note- Kings Of Thot & B
Here Lies Yung Shep
Author's Note Play Off Game
Chocolate Tasting
Weirdo
Old Flame
Moment of Honesty
The Talk
First Day
Devil In The Gray Hoodie
For Those Irritated With Deanna
Stand With You
Cowgirls Vs Whiners
Jealous
Teach Me
Expecting Too Much
Close Call
Yall Are So Creepy
Only Tears
Out Of Our Control
Dad's Dream
Deals With The Devil
Your Kind
Need You
Intriguing
Any of You In Houston
Sitting With Jesus
Let Me Inform You Heauxs
Taken Back Offers
Interruptions
Author's Note -I'm So Sad
The Teas
Slow Best Fransss
Thinking Low Of Me
Interviews and Makeup Plans
Trust Me
Best I Ever Had (Co-Written by VS West)
Who Are You
White Fish
Little Cookie Monsters
What's Next
Stereotype
Unlikely Ally
We Gon Be Alright
As Women We Need To Check Ourselves
Last Note--They Can Both Be Wrong
Do You Believe
Game Day
Our Own Story
Sister's Dilemma
Reader Question- HBCU
Bimbo
I Am Not Dead Y'all
No Daughter of Mine
Thin Mint
No Lacking
There Is A Chapter Before No Lacking
Address Me As Doctor
Nashville
Will Come Back
To August Fans
Divorce
Authors Note- Yall Are Amazing
Suspicious
Put His Soul Back
We All Fall
Miracle
Livy's Prayer
Leave Deanna Alone
Regret
Win My Family Back
Seeds
Add The New Book

Forever

18.9K 1.8K 884
Oleh intellectual212

Deanna POV-

"If these are our engagement rings baby, our wedding rings gotta be even more lit." I blushed as I looked down at my hand intertwined with my Thin Mints.

He had took the engagement ring I bought back, and instead settled on a simpler more thoughtful ring set for both of us.

He said it didn't feel right that I proposed and that he already intended to upon my graduation, he bought the ring and everything, but me being impatient I couldn't wait.

Only God and Aug knew the pain I went through these past years trying to get my life together. And only one person was there to help me rebuild. Only one person held me at night, when I cried tears of guilt because of what I allowed my dad to make me do.

Only one person prayed with me, when I felt I couldn't go on. Only one person provided me with a place to stay, when I left my father's house and he said if you leave, don't come back here.

Nobody, not one person was there for me, besides August. Brandon was there for a while, but he said if me and Kenya couldn't get it together, he didn't want anything to do with either of us.

I didn't feel like reconnecting with somebody who not once reached out to me, so I said forget it and left Brandon alone.

August has seen me at my lowest and stuck by me, when he didn't have too. So he deserves to be with me at my highest.

So why would I not ask the man who has been more faithful to me than my entire family, to be in my life forever? Because of some shit rules made by men, to keep women at their mercy? It's the reason women wait around 8 years for a ring, don't get one, and then when he breaks up with you, marries the next. Fuck society's rules.

Should you ask bum do nothing niggas to marry you, absolutely not, but if someone has changed you from the inside out, why wouldn't you ask them
To be in your life forever? Who told you that was the right way? Who told you, you are less than a woman for being loyal to a man that was loyal to you? You can't even answer because you don't know. You accepted  some bullshit unwritten rule men made, to keep you dragging along like some lovesick puppy, to obey them like the good puppy you are. FOH.

The moment I left my daddy's house I became my own woman, and didn't give a damn who didn't agree with how I operated. I don't live by rules other people made up for me, I make my own.

It's the reason I'm graduating top of my class. The reason I'm going to one of the top medical schools in the country. And the reason I'm going to be one of the best ER surgerons this world has known. Dr. Deanna Alyce Harris, soon to be Alsina, remember the name.

That timid shy Deanna, that cried at the drop of the that, ran behind others seeking validation, died with my baby.

I have lives to saves, I could careless what people who didn't give too shits about me in my darkest hour have to say about how I operate.

Sorry. I go off on these mental tangents sometime. I have to remind myself to always boss up.

But back to this joyous occasion. He asked and I said yes. So this would be our re-engagment?

"Thank you for the romantic bath too baby." I kissed his lips. As we sat in the candlelight in our bathroom.

"All for you." He kissed my neck.

I let out a girlish giggle.

"You saying all this about how I changed you, but baby you changed me to." He looked in my eyes. "You taught me to set big goals, and smash them shits. To work hard even when the odds are stacked against you. And you're the epitome of what they say, when they say Black Girl Magic. Seeing you transform right before my eyes, has just been amazing to watch. And I can't wait to share forever with you." He pecked my lips.

"Forever? Forever, ever?" I said being funny quoting the outcast song.

"Forever." He pecked my lips. "And ever." Peck. "And ever." Peck.

I giggled.

"And ever." Peck.

"August." I chuckled.

He smirked. "I can't wait till we get married."

"Move up to Nashville And Get our home." I continued his sentence excited.

"Then in between you saving lives we get a chocolate princess out the bargain." He smiled brightly.

My smile faded.

"What's wrong? Baby I'm sorry if I..."

"No I want that too." I smiled weakly. "It's just Odell my brother in law, would call my niece Livy that. She's probably a big girl now. Probably forgot who I was. I just remember when I was hurting she said in her cutest voice--- T T Anna its okay. Its okay. " I smiled remembering her.

There was silence as I thought about my family.

"Choc I know how you feel. Like everybody abandoned you, but going to these new heights, you should reconnect with at least your sister. If anything for your niece. It's obvious you miss them."

"I'm fine Aug.  I was just having a moment. People leave but memories stay. I rather just keep the memories."

"Choc."

"Can we enjoy our engagement and not talk about them."

"You so stubborn." He said annoyed.

And I was gonna remain that way. Nobody matter but me, God and him.

Shep POV-

"Football Star Sterling Shepard was arrested this morning on charges of public indecency. He was caught urinating on the Seattle Seahawks football field after emptying his locker, screaming expletives. . Police arrested Shepard immediately and placed him in custody. He was released this evening, under the agreement that he never returned to CenturyLink Field.

"Really Shep? You whip your dick out in the middle of the field and started pissing?" Dre my assistant asked me.

"I wanted to leave out the right way. Baby bring me another beer." I hollered at Chanel who was in the kitchen.

"Shep I can't do this no more. You're going in a downward spiral and I don't want to be a party to it. I quit." He got up.

"You quit? Nah nigga you fired." I yelled at the door as he walked out of it. "Should've fired your black ass a long time ago. Motherfucka. Talking about you quit. Ha! Chanel." I yelled.

She came down the stairs with her bags.

"Where you going baby?" I stood up.

"Shep, I can't take this any more. You're an alcoholic."

"A what? Naw baby, I just have a drink every now and then."

"Try every hour. And on top of
That you pull this stunt? Do you know how that makes me look at work? I am a sports journalist Sterling. And people are not gonna take me serious, being with somebody who is a public figure with your antics. You embarrassed me today."

"Fine. Go. Be like everybody else. You never loved me anyway."

"No Sterling the truth is I did, but you never fully loved me. I knew you still loved Deanna. You called her name the other night, and nights before that, and before that. And I used to think it was frivolous sleep talk. Now I know it was something deeper and the sad part is, I still wanted you. " she said with tears in her eyes. "Good bye Shep."

"Cha-Cha wait." I tried to catch up to her but she was gone.

If you comment what you think will happen, its gonna get deleted. I asked yall not to do that. Just be along for the ride please. And thanks! 🤗

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

303 57 52
~Completed~ Love, annoyance and magic. What could possibly go wrong when you have hot heads and those who would do anything to get what they want...
1M 25.8K 43
A forbidden romance with her best friend's sister. Will things take a turn for the better or will everything collapse before her?
25 1 2
What happens when a woman pushes her man into another woman's heart?
372 76 25
What happens when two business Rivals fall in LOVE? two people who extremely hate each other, fall for each other madly? This Story of rivalry and co...