The Potions Master's Daughter...

By pagesofmyheart

Jessica Wallwirt has lived with her mother for the past 11 years until one day her mother snaps and sends her... More

The Potions Master's Daughter
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 15

22.5K 717 432
By pagesofmyheart

He paused not expecting that answer and said, "Sure but I've tried it before."

"Well let me see you do it and then I can help tweak it."

He took out his wand and saying the correct words and performing the hand movements mostly correct nothing happened. Smirking he put his wand down as in I told you so.

"Okay good but on the upper lift of your hand you have to jerk it to the side. Yours was flowing instead of rough."

He tried the hand motions again then added the words. Still nothing happened. I thought to when I did the spell myself.

My eyes lighting up I said, "Okay good you have all the technical parts down but the reason I think people have a hard time with this is the mindset. I know you are good at Occlumency so this shouldn't be too hard," I paused trying to word it correctly, "When you do the spell you need to think about the oblivion and pulling an object out of it. Just picture pulling the locker literally out of oblivion while you say the spell and hand motions and it should work."

He looked at me strangely but did as I said mindlessly saying the spell and the hand motions. I could tell he was thinking about something but I didn't know he was thinking about the right thing until a red locker similar to mine appeared next to him.

He looked at it and I saw the edges of his mouth curl up into a small smile. He reached out to touch it and his hand went through.

I said, "See just changing that one thing made it appear. Now to make it physically there I think about my hand touching it before it actually does. I know it sounds strange but just picture yourself being able to touch it and you should be able to do it."

He nodded and closed his eyes concentrating and picturing himself being able to touch it. As he reached out a moment before his hand was going to touch it he opened his eyes. This time his hand stopped and concentrating hard he opened the locker.

He looked at me and said, "I did it," like he couldn't believe it.

I smiled at him and said, "Of course you did. Like I said it's all about your mindset."

"Thank you so much, but how do I make it disappear," his voice was filled with a childish wonder that sounded weird coming from him.

"Okay so just put something that doesn't matter in there. Like a blank piece of paper."

He grabbed a piece of parchment off his desk and put it in the locker like I had requested.

"So now to make it go away while saying lockius oblivious all you have to do is imagine not being able to touch it and then imagine it going back into oblivion. The same way you pulled it out of oblivion you have to put it back that way too."

He nodded and concentrating hard he said, "Lockius oblivious."

He raised his eyebrows as the locker disappeared. Looking from where it was and back to me then back again he was letting shock register on his face.

"It worked."

"That's because you did the spell right," I said.

"I couldn't have done that without you coaching me though. Thank you. I've wanted to master that spell since I was a fifth year at Hogwarts."

I smiled up at him and said, "It's no problem at all so if you open it again later you will find that piece of parchment."

He nodded and said, "Well I know your friends are probably getting worried that I poisoned you or something so you can go back to them. I'll see you later tonight."

I was almost to the door when he said, "Thank you Jessica."

"It was no problem," I said with a shrug and a small smile.

I walked back up to the Gryffindor common room. As soon as I came in I saw the three of them sitting on the couch talking in whispers. I made my way over and sat down next to them.

Hermione was the first to notice me and she asked, "Well what did he want? We were starting to get worried."

I laughed at how accurate Severus' predication was and said, "He just wanted to explain the question I had after class. He obviously couldn't do it in front of the Slytherins but he said that I was skilled at potion making."

Ron said, "He really said that?"

"Yeah. He's not as bad as he seems in class. He just has to act like he loves Slytherins and hates Gryffindors since that is his house."

"Whatever you say," Ron said not believing.

Trying to avoid this topic I said, "So what were you guys talking about?"

Harry held up a letter and said, "I was telling them about Hagrid. He invited us to tea tomorrow after dinner."

I smiled at the thought of the giant and said, "Oh great," saying to the two kids that hadn't met him I said, "He seemed really nice when I met him in Diagon Alley with Harry."

They nodded and Hermione said, "Harry has been telling us about him. He sounds nice."

"He is," Harry promised.

There was silence which Ron filled saying, "So we have Defense Against the Dark Arts next, I heard that all he does is talk about vampires. Apparently he was attacked by vampires in Romania. I heard someone say that he keeps garlic in his turban to ward off the evil vampires."

We all laughed and I said, "I heard that he is a joke too."

Harry said, "Well that's a shame. I was looking forward to that class. Maybe Jessica and Hermione can teach us new spells if he doesn't teach any?"

Ron said, "I'm sure between the two of you, you know a ton of spells."

I looked to Hermione and shrugged, "Sure why not. If we don't learn anything then I wouldn't mind teacher you a few spells."

Hermione said, "Yeah I don't mind either. Maybe we should ask other people if they want to participate too. It could be almost like a club where we share spells we know and teach them to each other."

"Let's see how bad the first class is but once everyone sees how bad it is I'm sure they will be dying to join."

"Great. Do you think we need to get Dumbledore's permission for it?" Hermione asked.

"I think we would if it's a real club and we want to use an empty classroom. If we just plan on it being the four of us that's basically just practicing." I said

"We should ask him if we can. I'm sure he won't object to us using an empty room some nights to have it." Harry said

We were all growing excited. Hermione and I were talking about the spells we wanted to do and Harry and Ron were eager to start the club and get kids to join as soon as possible. We knew it would take a few days to get permission and get kids interested but we were already planning our lessons.

Glancing at my watch I saw, "Oh no. We have 10 minutes until Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good thing it's only about 5 minutes away."

Following me out the door I led them down a staircase and down the hall into the classroom. Professor Quirell was already standing in front of the class but I saw that not everyone was there. I sighed; we weren't late.

As the last of the students piled in Professor Quirell began roll call. When he got to Harry's name he looked up and saw Harry. Immediately Harry's hand went up to his scar.

After staring at him for a moment Professor Quirell continued with attendance.

Harry was sitting immediately to my right and I asked him, "Harry what's wrong?"

He said, "I don't know my scar is just hurting. I'm sure it's nothing."

Frowning I didn't press the subject although I was worried.

For the remainder of the class all Quirell did was talk about the ways to ward off vampires. Everyone seemed bored and I figured getting people to join our club was going to be a breeze.

After class was over several of the Gryffindor kids were talking about how terrible Quirell was. I was excited; the next class was our flying lesson. I knew that since we had flying today that means we would have History of Magic tomorrow and they would alternate.

As we made our way to the flying pitch I was talking to Harry and Ron about what it was like to fly. Harry and I listened carefully as Ron told us all about his Quidditch team and how his family would go out and have a fun game of Quidditch in a field near their house sometimes.

Behind us I could hear Neville and Hermione were talking about how they were so nervous about flying. Neville was complaining about how clumsy he was to begin with and how he would probably be clumsier in the air. Hermione was nervous because flying wasn't something you could learn from books although I could tell by the tips she was muttering to herself that she had tried.

Our flying lesson would be with the Slytherins and I knew that Draco would be in this class. He was complaining about not being a able to own a broomstick and how he was going to try out for the team but I thought he was just talking it up.

As we got to the pitch I saw a bunch of broomsticks laid down on the ground side by side. I went to stand next to one with Ron on my right and Harry on my left. Hermione and Neville were to Harry's left.

A shrill whistle interrupted the chatter and a woman with white spiked hair came over to all of us. I was standing directly across from Draco Malfoy and he was glaring at me. I glared back as Madame Hooch told us to mount our broomsticks.

I climbed onto mine without a problem. I snickered when Madame Hooch told Draco he was mounting his wrong.

She said loudly, "Okay on my whistle you are simply going to kick off the ground hard and hover for a second before touching back down."

When she blew her whistle I was able to kick off the ground and hover there on my first try. I was one of the only ones. Harry Ron Draco and I were the only ones who succeeded on our first try. Hermione kept jumping and would just fall down.

I put my feet back on the ground and watched as Harry and Ron followed suit. Madame Hooch was about to congratulate the 4 of us when she looked up and gasped.

I followed her gaze and saw Neville about 10 feet in the air panicking, "Come back down Mr. Longbottom," she yelled.

He yelled back his voice nearly hysterical, "I don't know how to."

He lost control of his broomstick and fell off. Just as he was about to hit the ground I pointed at him and thought about a spell I had learned. Instead of hitting the ground with full impact he slowed down and was softly dropped onto the ground.

Madame Hooch said to him, "Are you alright."

"I am now," he said smiling at me.

She turned to me and asked, "How did you do that spell?"

I replied, "I read it somewhere and it slowed him down."

"I know that," she snapped, "I mean that's a powerful spell I don't know how you could have done it. The only wizard I know that can do it is Headmaster Dumbledore."

I shrugged modestly and said, "Maybe it was a spur of the moment thing."

She nodded and said, "Yes perhaps that is it."

Then she said loudly enough for the whole class to hear, "Okay now those of you who didn't get up yet keep working on it. Those individuals that were able to hover please come over here."

I followed Draco Ron and Harry over to where she was standing as the rest of the group struggled with hovering.

She said to us, "Have you all flown before?"

Ron and Draco nodded but Harry and I shook our heads.

She said to Harry and me, "You both have never flown and were able to get off the ground on your first try? Great job!"

"Thank you," we both muttered.

She said, "Seeing as though I don't think you need as much instruction as the others you may just fly around for the rest of the period. Just be careful."

We nodded and we mounted our broomsticks and sailed into the air.

Malfoy called out, "Hey Wallwirt you want to race? You've impressed all your professors today and honestly it's sickening. Why don't you and I settle this with a race around the castle?"

Glaring at him I said, "You're on Malfoy."
-
Do you like it? Please feel free to critique it or just comment for the heck of it! Please vote comment or fan! It means a lot to me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 9.1K 40
[Book Two] Jessica is back off to Hogwarts for her second year. More challenges are thrown at her and her friends as Sirius Black escapes from Azkaba...
148K 4.7K 66
Draven Abraxas Malfoy, son of the vicious wizard, and Draco Malfoy's fraternal twin falls in love with the Brightest Witch of her Age, Hermione Jean...
179K 6.9K 50
[Book Four] Jessica has to deal with the pressures of being a teenager along with the pressures associated with being a follower of the Dark Lord. Ho...
13.4K 520 20
Ellie had dealt with a great shock, her parents have both been murdered by death eaters. Her mothers great friend Albus Dumbledore brings her to Hogw...