Remember Me [F I N I S H E D...

By StoryGirl5169

Rosalie-Marylin 'Rose-Mary' Bloomwood is a small town country girl who would rather spend her days working on... More

Author's Note
Remember Me [1]
Remember Me [2]
Remember Me [3]
Remember Me [5]
Remember Me [6]
Remember Me [7]
Remember Me [8]
Remember Me [9]
Remember Me [10]
Remember Me [11]
Remember Me [12]
Remember Me [13]
Remember Me [14]
Remember Me [15]
Remember Me [16]
Remember Me [17]
Remember Me [18]
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!
Remember Me [19]
Remember Me [20]

Remember Me [4]

2.6K 22 12
By StoryGirl5169

                                           - C H A P T E R  F O U R - 

"Jay, it's really good to see you after a month," dad said as we all sat.

 "It's good to see you too, Tom," Jay smiled

"Oh, this is Eric," dad introduced, gesturing his hand towards Eric, "he...is staying with us for a while." 

Jay looked over at Eric and forced on the tiniest smile. "Nice to meet you." 

Eric nodded but didn't smile. "You too." 

Jay instantly turned to me with a serious face. "Is he your...boyfr-"

"No way!" I exclaimed before he could finish. 

How could Jay even think like that? Had he not known me at all or did he always start  daydreaming when I tell him that I wouldn't get into anymore relationships. 

"He's just a friend," I explained, "nothing more."

"Yeah, she's too boring for me," Eric laughed. 

"Boring?" I retorted. "I am not boring" 

"Yes you are." 

"No I'm not! And...I can be fun," I folded my arms and looked away. 

"Rose, why don't you four going riding?" Dad suggested before Eric could argue back. 

"Sure," I muttered. 

Standing up, I heard a faint sound of someone’s phone ringing. Seeing as no one else was checking there's, I was guessing it was mine. I ran to my bedroom and pulled it out from the drawer and placed it by my ear. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Rose! It's Celeste," Celeste, my best friend since high school, squealed. 

"Hey! How are you?" 

"Well, I'm still at my parents house and I'm leaving in a couple of days," she explained, "I've decided to come stay with you. Oh and I'm sorry I haven't called you in ages. Mum and dad just really want me to do a lot of family stuff." 

"It's alright," I told her. I honestly forgot all about her but I wasn't going to say that to my best friend. 

"What's new?" 

"You have no idea," I said.

"Tell me!"

"I'm going horse riding now so when you come, I’ll explain everything." 

"Is it anything to do with a boy?" 

"What no?" I exclaimed. It wasn't a complete lie. 

"Oh my god! It is!" 

"No it isn't. It's nothing actually."

"Fine, you don't have to tell me now," she said. "I'll see you in a couple of hours." 

What? She just said she was coming in a couple of days. She was going to come home early just because of what I said. "No, Celeste-" 

"Bye." 

Celeste. That girl is just crazy. Why couldn't I find anyone normal to be best friends with? 

"Hey, are you coming?" Harry said in an annoyed voice from behind me. 

"Yeah, whatever."

When I arrived at the barn, Jay and Eric had already tacked up. Eric was on Twilight and Jay was on one of our dads’ horse, Cookie, a dark brown Caspian Horse. He was quite an old horse but he was still in perfect shape.

After we all got on our horses, we went out to the big green empty field. It was only then when I realised I was the only girl. I wish Celeste was here right now so I wouldn't have to feel too weird. 

"Eric, are you sure you're going to be alright?" 

"Sure I am," he said. "I used to ride them all the time." 

Shocked, Harry and I exchanged looks as soon as he said that then at Eric. Eric stared at us with a shocked face himself. Was Eric starting to remember things? That was fast. I knew it took time to recover from amnesia, but not this fast.

"You remembered?" I whispered. 

"Remembered what?" Jay asked. 

"I...um..." He looked down at the floor and then put his hand on his head. "Ow! My head really hurts now." 

"Should I take you inside or-" 

"No," he quickly said before I was able to finish, "I'm fine. It was...just so sudden." 

"What was so sudden?" Jay asked with annoyance. 

"Calm down man," Harry said to Jay, "Eric's got Amnesia."  

"He does?" Jay raised an eyebrow. "How come you've never mentioned him before." 

"Because we met him a couple of days ago," Harry explained. 

"Oh," he said, nodding his head slowly.

While they carried on their conversation I turned to Eric. "You sure you're alright?" 

"Uh...Yeah, I’m better now." Eric smiled. 

"That's good," I said. "Hey why don't we have a race?" 

They all agreed so we all went down to a really good place where we could have a race. It wasn't going to be a simple horse race, where we were going have loads of logs we can jump over so it should make it more interesting. 

The place was like a forest; the trees were like an umbrella over your head and there was a little stream of water that was easy to jump over. Seeing as it was the summer, the trees autumn leaves had turned into a really bright green colour and the birds flew from tree to tree, whistling sweet melodies. 

"You never showed me this area," Eric said. 

"Well I was going but you know what happened with the horses," I reminded him. 

"Oh yeah," he laughed.

"Should we start?" Harry asked impatiently. 

"Yeah," I answered. "We'll start from here and then go all the way to that big tree in the distance," I said, pointing my hands to the big tree. "And then return back here. First person back, wins." 

"I'm happy with that," Jay said as we lined the horses up, getting ready to begin.

"Let's start," Harry said. "One, two, three...Go!" 

With that, we all ordered our horses to go as fast as they could. I gave Sunset a little pat as we were neck and neck with Jay. He was a good rider, but I was better. I pushed Sunset a little more and she finally rode past them, making me third to Eric, who was second and Harry who was currently first. How was Eric so good at this? 

"This race is so easy," Harry boasted. 

"We'll see," Jay shouted from behind us all as he began to catch up to me again.

I jumped the log in front of me and tried to make my way in front of Eric. He was going so fast, almost passing Harry, who was the best rider out of him and me. His horse, Smokey, a beautiful grey horse, had been with him for almost six years yet Smokey never let him down. 

Eric's speed amazed me, in fact I was so busy being amazed that I hadn't noticed Jay had pasted me. Now I was last again. This race should have been easy for me, seeing as I was the second best rider but I guess with Eric here, that makes me third best rider. Stupid Eric, he just had to steal my place. 

"Hey," I cried to Jay. 

"Looks like you lost today, Rose," Jay said.

"Hey, you haven't reached the finish line yet," I said. I patted Sunset quickly. "You can do it." 

Trying to catch up with the two in front of me, Jay and Eric, I noticed that the two of them were arguing. Seriously? They were both going the same speed now and riding next to each other so that they could continue their argument. Well, aren't they mature? 

I pushed Sunset to go faster to hear their conversation. "What's going on?" I called out to them but they ignored me like I wasn't even there. I tried to listen to they were saying but they were talking so quietly that I could barely hear. 

Looking ahead, I had noticed that Harry had already gone around the tree and now was going the opposite way. He smirked and shouted "see ya' losers." He is so mature. Rolling my eyes, I tried to listen to Jay and Eric's conversation. 

Again, I pushed Sunset to go faster.

"Eric! Jay!" I shouted as I got closer. 

That was when Jay, dangerously pushed Eric's horse as he was riding. Twilight neighed loudly and I almost screamed as Twilight stumbled sideward’s but he was still standing. I don't care whether he hated Eric, but almost killing a horse was too much. I stopped Sunset when I reached them and tried to think and say something.

Eric stopped Twilight from moving and patted his back, making sure he was alright. He looked up at Jay and gave him an angry look.

Both of them got off their horse and stood in front of each other, staring into each other’s eye. I stopped by both horses but didn't get off. Panicking, I didn't know what to do or how to stop it. 

"What the hell were you thinking?" Eric exclaimed, pushing Jay back onto the little tree. "The horse could have died!"

Jay pushed him back. "Why don't you just leave and this will all be over."

Eric stood back in his place and held him by the collar. "I'll go where I want," he whispered and then pushed him back again. Eric turned around to face me. "I'm going to go insi-" 

Before he was able to complete his sentence Jay ran up towards him and shoved Eric forward, causing his to trip and fall onto Sunset, who stumbled sideward’s and neighed loudly. She suddenly began to panic and jumped up and before I could get a good grip, I fell onto the ground, landing roughly on my back. 

My back ached with pain and my head whirled around like a tornado but it wasn't too bad as I was wearing my helmet. My legs felt numb and my arms were too weak to move. Looking up, I only saw two blurry figures kneeling down beside me, echoing my name as another one joined. Their voices drained away and soon after my eye lids had already closed. 

  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Soooo sorry I took long to update. It was the holidays and I was busy having fun. :D I know this is short but the next will be longer. (I hope!) 

I'm going to admit, I kinda had a writers block whilst writing this. I'm not too sure about this but I hope you like it anyway. I always try my best to make you guys engaged with the story. 

1) Which celebrity should play Jay?

2) What's the worse injury you have ever gotten? 

Mine was when my face got burnt with boiling hot water ten years ago. I had to leave my country (I was on holiday) to go back to England to have a operation because of how my face was.

Covers by CrystalLufsey on the side. Aren't they great? 

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, do whatever you have to do! 

Continue Reading