Smile For Me (Student/Teacher)

By PriscillaPenaIsCool

Diana Apollo was a straight A student, and never really had to work hard for it until Mr. Grant came along an... More

Meet The Teacher
Meet The Brothers
Sleep For The Soul
Tutoring Sesh No.1
The First Time...
Out Of Character
Who's Crying Now?
I'm Like A Heat Wave
No More
K-hall B-hall
Meaningless
Questions
Wow You're Different
Ooh Dominance
Person, Place, Thing
Parties and Slap Boxing
The Newest Member Of The Brotherhood
No Where To Be Found
Seduction For Dummies
Lost & Found
Lay It On Me?
So Confused
Whore
No Change In The Big Change
The News
Tangled In Sheets
Garden of Clichés
Winter Break
Guilt and Gifts
Sweet Holiday
Another Secret to Keep
Possessive & Protective?
New Years
Loving The Skeptic
Ownership
Bye Bye
If You Love 'Em, Set 'Em Free
Catan & Cancün
Beach Bummin
Athazagoraphobia
What Is Modesty
"Did you love him?"
Career Day
Not Everyone Will Approve
And A Heartless Whore I Am
A Lying Bitch, Too
March 31st
Last Goodbye
Everything At Once
Safe Keeping
Fixed Or Not
"She Likes You"
Fathers
Mine
A New Friend
Every High Has A Come-Down
Sorry For What?
Shit Pt. I
Shit Pt. II
Break
Get Over It
Abdonment 101
Fast Forward
Glad
Fin Pt I
Fin Pt II

The Slight Change

28.2K 759 119
By PriscillaPenaIsCool

Hey guys. What's up?

I just updated my sequel, EAIF, so when you get a chance, give it a read. :) unless you have already read it, in that case, give me a vote of you liked it ♥

Enjoy

- cilla

At home my brothers layed around my house lazily and I instantly felt fury come over me. I wondered why they were there in the first place, they had their own homes for gods sake. And especially after trashing my house, which they neglected to clean.

I went straight to the stair way when I heard Bailey wake up. "Diana, what's up?" He croaked lazily. These were not my brothers. My brothers did not party. They didn't trash houses, they studied and worked and made money.

But the money had been made and that showed too much. I turned around to face him and felt my face getting hot with rage. "What's up?" I said lowly, trying to keep myself together. "What's up!" I threw my hands up and laughed cynically, feeling like Mr. Grant for a second, but dismissed it quickly. "I don't know! Maybe my idiot brothers decided to trash my house and force me to sleep somewhere else!" My voice turned to a shout, which awoke both Austin and Chris.

"Calm down, Diana..-"

"No, you uncaring jerks, get out of my house!" I shouted.

Chris and Austin immediately stood up and walked over to me along with Bailey. "Sorry, we're sorry, we'll clean it up-" Chris tried to apologize, which was rare. The sudden sympathy was rare and it only made me even more angry and annoyed.

"Get out." I dragged, feeling completely stressed to add onto that.

They took a step further to apologize once again, but I swore if I heard one more apology, I'd cry. So I ran upstairs and called behind me, "If you're not gone, I'll leave!"

They left right away while I glared at the lamp beside me. I missed him, I missed my father. I just desperately wanted him to come back home because I needed someone to talk to. Someone to stress to about my jerk teacher, and him to tell me he'd 'have a sit down' with Mr. Grant if he kept treating me like he was. And for me to tell him I was okay and he didn't have to, because he wouldn't. Not if he was back with me.

My dad was a genious, so I'd ace the class no problem, thanks to him. And I'd emotionally be fine with him around me and next to me; he was my bestfriend.

I stayed in my room all night, too caught up to eat. Too caught up in the pictures and letters, the memories, to pay attention and drag my mind away from anything else.

I got a text from my friend Erin around one in the morning, and that made me realize how I was still up. It was her asking for me to meet her up for a party with Connor. I rejected, like the usual. I was a responsible person and she knew so. That's why I was so surprised she still asked me.

That was when I realized that I should be asleep, and I would definetly be asleep by my eigth period, calculus. I was screwed, but for some reason I no longer found a reason to care.

Mr. Grant had before told me that we'd change the fact that I hated being tutored by him, and there we still were. In the same place as before. It was completely stupid and I was just waiting for him to shoot me so I would no longer have to worry about understanding him.

I had gotten a good three hour sleep by that time so when I woke up I trudged downstairs, remembering the mess in front of me and wanting to cry from both lack of sleep and screwed up hormones. I stopped by Pete's Coffee, going through the drive-through and ordering a plain coffee because I wanted to be woken up.

I felt a little sick, so I wasn't ready for food just yet and made my way to school. All was well.

"Thanks for letting me know you threw a party." Connor said as he slipped beside, walking along with me to lunch.

I narrowed my eyes at him in question and he thrust his phone in my face, showing me a picture of a billion college guys in my house smoking weed and drinking beer while the lights were throbbing. I knew it was mostly Chris. My brothers were men, successful men. Chris was just getting out of college.

I shook my head at him. Idiot. "Welcome." I simply said.

Connor looked upset but he shoved that away and became smart. "So did your brothers throw it? That's not like them to just have a bunch of people over like that."

"I had no idea." I said bluntly.

Connor got a little quiet and I felt I offended him with my attitude. I was mad, yes, so I didn't care too bad. "Is it true you're back with sleeping with Andy?" Connor asked, more quiet than before.

My hands covered my face with frustration. "No. It's not."

"Then why-"

"You tell me, Connor." I snapped. "You tell me. Or why don't you ask the people who's telling you all this bullshit."

"So you don't even care that these people are spreading rumors?"

"It doesn't affect me so I have nothing to worry about."

"You know it only makes guys more attracted to you." He added in.

I wanted to know how that was, because to me it didn't make much sense but instead I kept walking, adding in silence.

"Can I tell you why?" He pushed eventually.

I sighed. "Oh do tell me."

He threw an arm around me, suddenly friendly again and pulled me close. "Because they can't have you."

I, again, said nothing and instead wrapped my arm around his waist in a side hug. "Don't be mad at me, Connor."

"I'm not. You just worry me."

I let go of him and spotted Erin as she finished talking to a guy friend of hers, Ammon. She looked so hung over.

I laughed lightly. "Fun night?"

"Shut up." She said lazily.

"I think she's still wasted. Hey Erin, did you know that last night you tried to give me a lapdance?" Connor joke.

"Hey Connor," Erin mocked, "Did you know that last night you were blown by Marian Chesney?"

Connors face froze and he removed his arm from me to grab at Erin who only laughed. "Tell me the truth!" He demanded.

She shook her head and pulled me along behind her, "It is the truth." She called behind cynically.

"But she's gross." He whined and I held back the urge to ducttape his annoying and childish mouth shut.

"Guys! Oh my god, guys!" A girl named Theresa squealed, approaching us and I was finally feeling the dramatic highschool feeling, and it was so aggravating.

"What?" Connor asked her, making her clear her throat nervously and clench both hands together. Connor was the school's heartthrob. Well, one of them.

"I just got out of class with Mr. Grant..." She began and I felt something come over me that caused me to grasp all attention on Theresa. "He taught us today!"

The three of us stared at her blankly.

"I mean really taught us something, we learned! He answered our questions."

"That doesn't sound like Mr. Grant." Connor said.

"I know, he was just completely off. He seemed, well not relaxed, but he didn't seem as tense. He didn't even glare. He looked unhappy, but he didn't glare."

I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing. Erin, on the otherhand, would not stop talking about how maybe he's a dreamily nice teacher who was willing to 'get down' with one of his students. I cringed just hearing her say it.

"Diana, you have him everyday right?"

"Yes, I do."

"How was he yesterday?" Theresa asked in interest.

I laughed at her, "Why does it matter? He's a teacher. A grumpy old teacher." I ended up muttering to myself the last part, making them lean in to hear.

"Oh right..." Erin spoke in realization. "He hates you."

I shrugged. "It doesn't matter, I just hate how I don't understand when he teaches."

I tried to ignore the subject as the others went on because I was too bored of the same one. Mr. Grant this, Mr. Grant that. I just wanted to eat lunch and go to class so I could go back home and clean the house, then sleep some more.

I ate my food, and I ate it good because I hadn't eaten that morning or the night before.

"Have fun in eigth." Erin winked as she dropped me off, knowing how much I detested the teacher. And how he detested me as well.

"Thanks." Was all I could say. Connor was still at my side and peeked in and scanned the class room, earning many looks from the girls in my class.

"Okay, bye." I said quickly, but he grabbed me just as quickly.

"What's going on with you?" He asked caringly.

"Nothing, why?"

"Oh bullshit." He dragged out, squeezing my shoulders. "You look more tired than usual."

"That happens to us all as we move further into the school year." I said as if quoting something and he brought me in his arms for a real hug.

"Ooh, I'm telling Andy!" Someone shouted from inside Mr. Grant's classroom. I felt Connor's grip on me tighten and he let go, looking with a hard and annoyed expression.

"I'll see you later." He grumbled and walked off, allowing me to finally enter my classroom to have a few people watch Connor walk off in confusion.

"Alright, stop talking." Mr. Grant said after the bell rang and everyone got seated.

He got into the lesson quickly, but it wasn't as everyone had been explaining it that day. He was still going too fast and spoke bluntly, but something was off about him too.

He wasn't glaring after all. It was the main reason why I found myself not being able to keep my eyes off him.

Mr. Grant did something that made the class go silent. Not that it wasn't silent before, but this time it was as if you could feel the intense shock and shudder that went through each and every one of our minds. "Any questions?" He faced the class and asked bluntly.

When the silence went on he just looked annoyed. "I'm guessing we all undestand then, correct?"

The silence went on and before he turned his back, like he was about to, I shot my hand up and everybody looked to me as if I was a hero. "Diana." He said, boredly. But he still answered my question, and suddenly more people asked what they've wanted to ask for weeks. It was different, because we actually learned something.

When the lesson ended he handed out classwork that I was pretty sure we all understood. I knew what I was doing so when the bell rang, signalling for us to go home, I stayed in my seat and finished what I was doing.

The room had emptied and I was still working when I felt him sit down next to me. I looked up at him but when he did nothing I just looked back to finished the paper and handed it to him.

He went over it quickly and stood up, going back to his desk. "I'm guessing you get it now." He said bluntly.

"I do." I told him, going over to sit by him once he sat. It was strange, because I had suddenly felt the tiniest bit comfortable around him.

Mr. Grant rummaged through files and folders and pulled out a blank sheet of notebook paper and turned back, flipping open a textbook and beginning his lesson quite quickly.

It ended quick too. I got what he talked about and he let me leave early because I knew what he was talking about.

I didn't want to go home to a mess, but knew I had to. The house was empty and dead quiet when I got back. The silence gave me a sad and heavy feeling. This emptied load on me was more rough than I knew, but I knew I had to act like it wasn't there.

Cleaning the house was slightly relaxing, and I didn't worry for people for the next few hours. I didn't let my mind wander, I only thought of what and where with the trash and stains that came out easier than I expected. It took a very long time to clean, and before I knew it, it was around eight at night.

I allowed myself to finish any homework I had to, and forget about my problems. It was nice.

And my day ended all too quickly.

...

Mr. Grant's room was like it usually was. When the bell rang everyone immediately shut up and he went to the board, directing us what we had to do.

Without his glare, like the day before, I didn't find a reason why I shouldn't stare at him. I looked around the room and noticed I wasn't the only one. The other girls stared at him in a daze like I probably had been too.

I looked to my paper and noted down as he went over, slowly, what we needed to do. Honestly, it wasn't slow, but it was like any other teacher went over their work. Maybe the tinsiest but faster, but it was a huge step for Mr. Grant.

He rolled up his sleeves when he spoke, he did that often, but I watched him closely and how his arms flexed when he lifted them to the board to write.

He turned around and I was too tired to actually act as if I wasn't staring at him, so I kept staring and he looked at me. His eyes met mine for a few seconds and looked away to the board once again.

Sure I admired how he was handsome, but I could still sense the anger and bitterness in him.

"Diana," He called me after the bell rang.

I turned around and looked at him.

"I have a meeting today, so I won't be able to stay."

I tried not to look too excited, so I only nodded and gathered my stuff, but he must've sensed it. "Oh don't look so disappointed." He said sarcastically.

For some reason it seemed a little joking. It was weird but it didn't stop the amused smile that came to me when I stood up to leave.

"Connor! Erin!" I called and ran to them as they were about to climb into their cars that were both parked on either side of mine.

"Look who's here." Connor said.

"Diana!" Erin said in excitement and hopped out of her car, Connor doing the same to act like he was going to kidnap me.

"Connor-" I said once his hand went over my mouth.

"Sh! You're finally gonna be mine." He chuckled lowly in my ear and I laughed, pulling his hand off but having him pull both my hands behind my back with only one of his hands.

"That position you put her in looks a little sexual." Erin pointed out.

"I know, and that's how it feels." He said.

"Connor!" I tried to scold him and he let go, laughing.

"I was only half joking." He admitted.

I shivered uncomfortably and walked to my jeep. "I'll see you guys later."

"Why don't you come over and be a teenager for once?"

I froze in thought. "Okay."

They grinned and Erin quickly drove off, Connor's truck tightly behind hers and he winked at me. I drove after him and followed them to Erin's house. To be a teenager.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked them when we all got inside her large house.

"Like I said," Erin spoke mischievously, worrying me the slightest. "We're taking the time to be reckless teenagers."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 7.4K 60
JENLISA JENTOP G!P STORY PLEASE VOTE AND SUPPORT! THANKS IN ADVANCE. :)) HOPE YOU LIKE IT. ••••• Lisa wanted nothing but to live her seemingly perfec...
33.3K 860 35
Katherine Kingston is a High school senior. Her life is perfect. She has everything that every girl can dream of; a straight A student, a handsome bo...
6.1K 193 38
Fay moon was a senior in high school, she was very smart talented, and participated in some of the schools activities, she lived with her mother, her...
2.2M 86.5K 52
(TeacherxStudent) ❝ i found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me ❞ - Amber Run Sent to a boarding school in Eng...