The Potions Master's Daughter...

By pagesofmyheart

Jessica Wallwirt has lived with her mother for the past 11 years until one day her mother snaps and sends her... More

The Potions Master's Daughter
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 12

25.4K 742 540
By pagesofmyheart

The four of us hurried out of the room and into the Great Hall where breakfast was sitting on the tables. There weren't that many kids there yet; mainly older kids who were used to the daily routine. In the middle of the Gryffindor table Harry, Ron Hermione and I took 4 seats forming a square. I quickly glanced up at the staff table and saw Severus glaring at the four of us. I sighed and rolled my eyes taking a note to ask him about that later.

I went back to talking to the three of them and we were just laughing and joking around, having a good time.

Suddenly two red-head twins that must have been Ron's brother came up behind him signaling for Hermione and I to be quiet. We avoided eye contact and continued our conversation without letting on that anything was out of order.

The two boys took out their wands and said a few words. Suddenly Ron's robe was a bright pink and his usually ginger colored hair was bubblegum pink and standing straight up. He whirled around on the twins glaring at them. Hermione, Harry and I were trying hard not to laugh.

Ron said, "Get it back to normal."

The two boys said simultaneously, "Sorry that was a spell that we just found. We don't know the countercuse."

Ron just stared at them yelling, "Fred! George you better figure out how to make it normal before my Transfiguration class."

The one on the right that Ron had addressed as Fred said, "Oh you have Transfiguration. Well then McGonagall can fix you up, she's pretty used to us messing up students."

Ron just glared in response so I said, "Alright Ron it's okay."

He rounded on me saying, "What? No it's not. My hair and my robes are pink and I don't know how to change them back."

I held up my hands saying, "Well I do."

He smiled, his body relaxed and he said, "Really? Great, do you mind?"

I shook my head and said clearly, "Robius Clearus," while performing the correct motions.

When I was done I expected him to be happy but instead he was staring past me looking scared. I turned around and saw why. Severus, Professor McGonagall and Headmaster Dumbledore were coming towards us. Severus was first to reach us with his normal long strides. He waited impatiently for Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore to arrive.

When they had he said to Fred and George, "I would leave if I was you before I decide I want to give you detention."

They didn't waste any time getting out of there and going to sit with their friends; making sure they were still in earshot.

Professor McGonagall came forward with her eyebrows furrowed saying, "Who performed that counter curse on you Mr. Weasley?"

Ron said quietly, "Jessica did."

She turned to me and Hermione because Jessica is a girls' name. "Well which one of you is Jessica?"

I said clearly not too afraid of getting in trouble for helping someone, "I am."

She looked at me and said, "Where did you learn that countercuse?"

I shrugged and said, "I read it in a book. I recognized the spell Fred and George did so I let them have their fun then changed his robes and hair back to normal."

She nodded then Dumbledore said, "Well Miss Wallwirt that is hard magic to do without studying it hard or being incredibly powerful or good at spells."

Severus muttered, "That's an understatement. That is an impossible spell to master the moves to by reading it once."

Dumbledore nodded saying, "You are absolutely right Severus. I can assume we can expect great things from you Miss Wallwirt. You have a tremendous memory. I thank you for changing Mr. Weasley's attire back to normal so I didn't have to perform the spell myself."

I smiled at him and said, "It was no problem sir."

He said, "Well then I will be seeing you all around school. Please do try the sausage links they are quite delicious."

I was a bit confused by his request but all four of us bid each of our teachers' goodbye and went back to eating. Per Dumbledore's request we each tried one of the sausage links and found them to be delightful.

I glanced down at the watch I wore on my wrist and saw it said 8 o'clock meaning we had been eating for an hour and had an hour until our very first class ever at Hogwarts. I pointed this out to the other three people. It took a moment to get Hermione's attention away from her Transfiguration book she was studying before class.

Harry said, "Well it looks like Jessica, Ron and I need to get our books. Do you want to come with us Hermione?"

Before she could say anything I said, "Mine are with me."

He looked at me confused so I said, "They are in a locker of sorts," I sighed and pulled out my wand.

Muttering the incantation to open my locker I saw all of them look at it in wonder. I pulled out my books showed them to the people with me and then put them back in closing the door securely.

Ron said, "Well you have to show me how to do that. Fred and George always complained about carrying their books around. Eventually they levitated them around but it still took concentration. I wasn't looking forward to that, but with that spell I wouldn't have to worry about it."

I said, "I can teach all of you t if you want. It's a hard spell to learn so today you will have to deal with carrying them and then tonight I can teach you how to do the spell."

They all nodded and Harry said, "Well let's go and get my things and Ron things."

Hermione levitated her things beside her as we walked up many staircases until we were in front of the Fat Lady portrait. I said lilac the same way Percy had and we walked into the Gryffindor common room.

Hermione and I waited downstairs until the boys returned carrying all of their books.

Looking at them I had an idea, "Hey guys! Why don't I just put your books in my locker and then give you the book that we need for that period when you need it?"

Ron said, "That sounds great. Are you sure it wouldn't be a bother?"

I shook my head saying, "No not at all."

He and Harry handed me their books and I put them in the locker. I turned to Hermione and put her in the locker too.

I said, "Well let's go to Transfiguration."

They nodded and Harry took out a map of Hogwarts to which I said, "Nah I'll lead us there. I know where it is."

Hermione raised her eyebrows at me and said, "How?"

I shrugged saying, "I don't remember but in one of the books I read there was a map of Hogwarts so I memorized it because I tend to lose things like maps."

She nodded and we all left the common room. We still had half an hour to get to class so we took our time as I led them from one staircase to the next. Within 20 minutes we were already in front of the classroom.

I motioned for them to wait and then I opened the locker. I got out the four Transfiguration books in there and handed them to the owner; written in the front cover. As I was just about to close up the locker Professor McGonagall rounded the corner and saw us.

"You are sure early," she said.

I paused in closing the locker and said, "Just wanted to make sure we found our way alright."

She seemed to notice the locker with all the books and said, "Whose books are those?"

I said, "They are mine, Harry's, Ron's and Hermione's books."

She asked, "How did you put them in a locker like that? Do you just levitate it around."

I shook my head and seeing the look on her face said, "Here just watch and it will explain itself ma'am."

She nodded so I said the spell for closing the locker and closed it. The second I closed it, the locker disappeared into midair.

She gasped and said, "Where did you learn a spell like that? I don't know if I can do a spell as hard as that, particularly since I am not very good at charms to being with."

I shrugged and said modestly, "I just read it and tried it out this morning. When it worked I figured it would be a good way to carry my books. Is it not allowed?"

She smiled faintly and said, "I'm sure no one will object, most students wouldn't dream of trying a spell of that caliber but I'm sure none of your professors will mind at all."

I relaxed relieved. "Okay thank you professor."

She said, "I need to start class now, but if you have a moment after class I would like to talk to you. It will only take a moment so all of you are welcome to stay for a second or two."

I said, "Yep it's no problem professor. We have potions next but we have half an hour to get there and I know my way there."

She nodded and said, "Impressive work Miss Wallwirt I expect good things to come from you during this class."

I nodded and the four of us followed us in to the classroom. Most of the students were just getting there saying something about not being able to find the class. Professor McGonagall said it was fine since it was the first day.

Once all the students were there she took roll call. Transfiguration was held with the Slytherin's so there was a clear divide in seating from one house to the other. Once roll call was done she turned into a cat. She turned back into her human form and immediately my hand went in the air.

"Yes Miss Wallwirt?"

"Are you an Animagus?"

"Yes I am. Very good 10 points to Gryffindor. I am an Animagus. Can anyone else tell me what an Animagus is?"

To my right Hermione's hand went up and once she was acknowledged said, "Basically an Animagus is anyone who can change from a human to an animal and back again."

Professor McGonagall smiled and said, "Yes very good. Take another 10 points. Now I don't expect any of you to be able to do that without a lot of practice. Today we are going to work in changing a match into a needle."

She made sure every kid had a match then showed up the proper incantation and movements, "Now you may begin. Just raise your hand when you are done."

Immediately once she said we could start with a wave of my hand I changed the match into a needle and rasied my hand to signal I was done. As she made her way over to where I was I saw Hermione had only made it a little silver. Ron and Harry were having no luck; there's hadn't done anything. The rest of the class seemed to be having a hard time as well.

When she was in front of me she picked up my needle with her eyebrows raised.

She held it up for the class to see and said, "Very good Miss Wallwirt. This is what your match will look like once you have completed the transfiguration. Now that you know someone else can do it, I expect that you want to change yours."

Lowering her voice and addressing me personally she said, "Can I see you do the spell?"

I nodded and without saying anything and merely waving my hand I turned the needle back into a match and into a needle again. She looked at me curiously for a second.

"You don't even need to say anything or do the correct hand motions?" she clarified.

"No I don't need to for something this simple Professor," I replied.

She said, "Very impressive. Where did you learn this spell before?"

I shook my head and said, "I didn't. I just was introduced to this spell just now. I mean I have read about other similar spells but not this particular one."

She said, "That's truly amazing. Do you mind if you come up to my desk for the rest of class so I can see how much you can do?"

I reddened slightly about the thought of everyone watching me even while they were working. I nodded and she walked up to her desk with me at her heels. I brought my wand just in case but I didn't think I was going to need it. For most magic I did it with my hands. Everything I read in books told me that a wand would make it more powerful but for something like changing something I wasn't sure how that could be more powerful.

She went to stand behind her desk and said, "I know I'll be aiming high with this but could you try to transform this desk into a pig?"

I nodded and she told me the proper words and hand motions. I could feel everyone's eyes on me so I wanted to sit down as soon as I could.

Without using words or a wand I waved my hand and the desk in front of me was a desk. McGonagall looked surprised and I turned the pig back into the desk.

She said, "How did you know how to change it back? I didn't teach you that."

I said, "I thought about the spell and picked it apart. Then I figured if I replace one word with an opposite it would turn back. It turned out I was right."

She said, "Your natural ability is amazing. I would like to see what else you can do. I know you can do wandless and wordless magic but to what point."

I shrugged and said, "I'm sorry I don't know. I was raised in a Muggle family."

Her eyes widened slightly and said, "So you never performed magic before coming here and you can already make a corpeal and physical locker, know hard countercuses and am skilled at Transfiguration."

I smiled and said, "You make it sound really good when you say it like that but yes I suppose so."

She shook her head in disbelief and said, "For tonight's homework I am going to ask the rest of the class to perfect this spell. Since you don't need to do that would you mind stopping by my office tonight so I can show Dumbledore what you can do?"

I shook my head saying, "No of course not professor."

She smiled faintly at me and said, "You can go back to your seat and do whatever you please within reason."

Taking my wand with me I headed back to my seat where Ron and Harry were still struggling to change theirs at all. Hermione had changed part of it into a needle but not the other part. I wasn't worried about her, I knew she could get it within the class period.

I went over to where Ron and Harry were sitting.

When they saw me Ron said, "That was pretty cool what you did up there. Changing the desk into a pig. I wish I could get this stupid match into a needle."

"Let me see you do the spell."

Soon Ron had mastered the spell and I moved on to helping Harry. Without too much difficulty I was able to coach him into changing the match into a needle. Hermione had mastered the spell by the time I went back to see how she was doing. A boy behind me was saying it all wrong. Before I could stop him he blew up the match and got a face full of dust.

I went over to him careful not to laugh. When he saw me he smiled showing that it was fine if I thought it was funny. Soon a huge smile was all over my face.

I asked, "Would you like some help?"

He nodded appreciatory and said in an Irish accent, "I think I need to wash this off my face first."

"Don't worry I got it," I said then muttering the spell to clean up his face.

Once his face was clean he said, "Thanks for helping me out. I'm not very good at magic. Grew up half an' half. We decided to do things mostly Muggle"

For the next few minutes I helped the boy who I learned was named Seamus Finnigin. Once he had mastered it class was over. As I had told Professor McGonagall I stayed after. The three of my friends opted to wait for me so they wouldn't get lost on their way to Potions.

"Ah yes Miss Wallwirt. I was thinking that perhaps in our meeting tonight we would access you in all fields of magic not only transfiguration so I will wait until then so you don't have to do the same spells over again."

"Okay professor. About what time do you want me to meet you?"

"Around 7 would be fine," she replied.

The four of us walked out and once in the hall I put their books in the locker and pulled out all the potion books. I handed them to the correct person.

I guided them to the dungeons for potion class with Severus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...
82.9K 3.1K 40
[Book Six] It's back to Hogwarts for Jessica's last year. Her and her father have to deal with straddling the line between good and evil, while keepi...
23.5K 346 32
*COMPLETED* Aurora Snape, the daughter of Potions Professor, Severus Snape, goes to Hogwarts at 11 years old. During her time there she fall in love...
15.3K 560 21
Sophia Taylor was just a normal girl at ten years old. One day, she was in her father's study and fell asleep. She woke up in a mysterious world. The...