Funny how love works (A Spoby...

By Kelys151

Spencer and Toby are now living their current lives separatly. They haven't seen each other since the breakup... More

Chapter 1: Hello again
Chapter 2: Cookies and Sundays
Chapter 3: This is A Goodbye
Chapter 4: the Fight
Chapter 5: The Decision
Chapter 6: Detective Hanna
Chapter 7: Troubles
Chapter 8: Nobody knows where we mind end up
Chapter 9: Post it and Memories
Chapter 10: Limerence
Chapter 11: Together even in pain
Chapter 12: Don't Let Go
Chapter 13: Happiness never last
Chapter 14: A.D and misery
Chapter 15: Keys & Blackmail
Chapter 16: Pictures & Pills
Chapter 17: Explanations
Chapter 18: Police or Secrets ?
Chapter 19: To trust or not
Chapter 20: Worst day of their lives
Chapter 21: Ohhh the guilt
Chapter 22: How do you feel ?
Chapter 23: This Weird Computer
Chapter 24: A Good night of Sleep
Chapter 25: I know who A.D is
Chapter 26: The End of a bad Period
A/N 1K ❤️

Last chapter: An Unusual Wedding

227 6 6
By Kelys151

Italic means flashbacks
Year 2030/ November 6th /General POV

******
- Come on Spencer!
- Hanna, we're not 12 anymore! Spencer chuckles

- Hanna's right, we kind of deserve this too. Aria continues

Spencer makes her shocked face
- How is that something YOU gals deserve? It concerns me more than you. She laughs while taking a zip.

- Come on, you and Toby got to be at ours and we never saw yours! That's not fair, we have to see yours guys!
Em' Adds

- It happened 10 years ago guys, it's too late to do it now.

- It would so romantic Spence! Come on!! Small reception and stuff, so cute!
Hanna exclaims

- We'll think about it Han' now Stop getting all exited for nothing k? Your girl is going to freak out 😂
******
They did think about it, and they decided to do it. It was kind of stupid after all, i mean, actually celebrate their marriage 10 years after, but they were happy to do so.
A fall wedding, who would have thought? Spencer and Toby always imagined getting married in winter like they did, but the date was so perfect they couldn't do otherwise.

They didn't want a really big wedding, so they only invited people they knew well. That includes their family, close friends and people from high school who used to be jerk but became actually nice.
They rent the same thing Hanna and Caleb rent for their engagement party, it meant a lot.

Spencer and Toby are an unique and special couple, and so should be their wedding.
The reception is starting in one hour and everyone is getting ready.
Spencer has her wedding dress on and everything is perfect. Hanna did her hair while Aria and Alison took care of the makeup, the result was breathe taking. About 30 minutes before it starts, Spencer suddenly tells the girls
- Ok now you should go and wait for Toby and I. Emily is on her way too don't worry.

- Hum Spencer, you can't drive while wearing this you know that ?

- I have a taxi scheduled already. Don't worry, it's just that i have to pick up something first.

- Ok then, but don't mess up your hair okay? Hanna jokes.

The three of them leave and Spencer starts FaceTiming Toby
"Hey Spence. Did they leave already ?
" Yes, we have to be there in 30' we'll better hurry"
"Hun, too bad you're only wearing this for 5 min, you look good in this dress"
" Aren't you an angel? Anyway, you got the bags ?"
" Right here *he shows 2 plastic bags with clothes in it*"
"Okay, meet you in 5 then we'll go together"
"Perfect, can't wait to see their faces"
_____________
Everyone is waiting for Spencer and Toby to arrive. The room isn't set like At the engagement party, there are just chairs for every guest and a stage where Spencer and Toby are suppose to get married "again".
They're already 10 minutes late and Hanna starts worrying. To fill the silence, Grace (who's now 16) goes up on the stage

- Okay so, i don't know where those two are but, i'm gonna say something anyway.
I know that their relationship had their ups and downs and that's probably why you're all here to see them get married, even though they already are.
"WE WANTED A CEREMONY WITH VOWS AND UGLY CRIES" Hanna yells, laughing.
And for that too, thank you aunt Hanna *she laughs a bit*
For those who don't know who I am, i'm Grace, Grace Slidon. Or so i used to be. See, about 10 years ago, my parents got killed in a shooting. I was only 5 and i was about to go to a foster home. But those two persons who barely knew me, offered me a home. Sure, we had a few problems Thank you A.D *a few people laugh and so she does* but, they never gave up, they always did everything to protect me, even if that meant not to live with me for a while (referring to Spencer's break down in chapters 15-16) .
For the ten years that i've known them, they always did their best for me to be happy and, they succeeded for sure.
I loved and still love my biological parents and I hope they've seen what I've become, from up there *tears are in her eyes* and that they realize what amazing people raised me after them.
I don't know if Spencer or Toby know this but, even though i don't call them Mom or Dad all the time, i consider myself as Grace Slidon- Cavanaugh.
I love them very much and they deserve all the happiness in the world *she wipes her tears a bit*

"That was amazing Gracie" Spencer says from across the room, Toby next to her trying to hold on their tears.
They come on stage and hug Grace.
"Thank you so much sweetie we love you so much" Toby adds
Everyone applauds for a while then stops when Grace gets off stage.

Hanna notices something, actually everyone does and start looking at them with a surprised look.

Toby and Spencer notice their look as well and start talking on the microphone

- I guess you noticed that we aren't in a wedding dress or a suit or whatever formal code we should follow. No, we decided to make this day even more Special than it already is... Spencer ends and looks at Toby.

He continues for her
- As you may know, about 10 years ago, this amazing girl and myself got married secretly. And after some insistence from some persons here *he laughs and look at the girls* , we're finally doing one public wedding with vows and ugly cries ^^.
So about the clothes. Maybe some of you recognize these? *he looks around* Really? Doesn't ring a bell ?
Well, this white shirt that i'm wearing is 20 years old, and this blue one that Spence has on is too.

- You see, we didn't pick This date (November 6th ) randomly.
20 years ago, this guy right here *she looks at Toby* kissed me for the first time. We were wearing the same clothes as now. We started this big great beautiful love wearing this, why not celebrating it with them as well we thought.
You really did not expect me to wear a wedding dress and do like everyone else did right ? *she chuckles*. So, w-

"Hey! " the girls yell from the back
" We still want vows and ugly cries!!"
Spencer smiles

The two of them look at each other and raise their shoulders in a "won't hurt" mood.

- Well, i'll start then. *Spencer says*
Toby, before i've met you I didn't believe in real love. I always thought it was for romantic movies and that it would never happen to anyone i know, especially me. Time proved me wrong because everyone I know have found their loved one (referring to Emison, Haleb, Ezria) but you did something before time did.
When you kissed me in front of this crappy motel room, i knew, i just knew this was going to be something beautiful. For all those years you protected me, you stood by me, you came back to me even though i rejected you because of A-. You were (and still are) my rock, my best friend, my safe place to land, my once upon on time. No actually, you're just... Everything. You're my everything.
You are the person who made me feel loved no matter what. I love you Toby Cavanaugh.
10 years ago, i promised to love you, to stand by you, to never lie to you... I kept these promises and I'm keeping them till the end of times. You're my forever, my first love and i know you will me my last.
Here comes the ugly cry i'm so sorry *she tries to stop*

- Hey, it's okay it's okay Honey. I love it when you let it go, it's okay.
You know, when i met you, i didn't care honestly. To me, you were this friend of Alison, the girl who ruined my life.
*To Ali in the back* Like I said, it s in the past now.
This day when you came to my door with a french book in your hands, i started to understand that you were different than i thought you would be.
This night at the lost wood resort confirmed it to me. From the moment we started playing scrabble together, i just knew we had a connexion. This simple kiss started everything i've ever wanted. You, Spencer Hasting- Cavanaugh, are everything i've ever dreamed of. You said i protected you ? Honey you did the same for me all those years.
Sure we had a few bumps in the road, A-, fiancés, Coma, A.D... But in the end, we always found a way back to each other.
The only promise i can make is to be as a good husband to you as you are a wife to me because you deserve the moon with every star we can find Spence.
I love you and i would like to spend my life with you forever, again ❤"

He comes closer and kiss her the same way he did exactly 20 years ago. Softly.

Every person in the room got up and applauded. Spencer and Toby yelled for Grace, Hanna, Caleb, Alison, Emily, Aria and Ezra  to come up on the stage.
- Congratulations guys! That was amazing❤ Em' says with tears in her eyes

- We couldn't have done any of this without you all guys, thank you for everything. Grace, your speech was truly beautiful, your parents would be so proud. The three of them hug and invite this others to join in for a group hug on the big stage. They stayed like this forever.

Sure, there have been a few bumps on the road but, it's not because you fall off your bike that you can't go back up.
It's funny how love works, you can even say it's weird but it in the end, love will always reunite the ones who truly love each other.

I don't know when i will upload this chapter because i'm writing it in advance (February 11th 2017. I knew exactly what the last chapter would be back then). I don't know if Pll aired already so i'm just going to explain why Spoby is so important to me.
I ship a lot a things, i'm a 15 year old teen so, that's normal i guess😂
But ever since i started wztching Tv shows, the ships were amazing but didn't felt "real". By "real" i mean, could totally happen in real life. Spoby was different. Spoby could have been together In real life if they would have existed you know what i mean? For 3 years, every time i watched a Spoby scene i felt, happy. This couple made me believe that real love fucking exists if you just look for it a bit.
I don't know if they're back together when i'm writing this but i'm pretty confident.
Spoby is endgame!
Thank to Marlene King for creating Spoby and thank to Keegan Allen and Troian Bellisario for playing those characters perfectly.

Okay so, anyway
This is the end of this Spoby fanfiction.
I hope you liked it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 520 21
❝ The prettiest smiles hide the darkest secrets. ❞ What would happen if Emily found out her best friend and resident Queen Bee of Rosewood, Alison, i...
216 20 13
Spencer and Toby are happy now that A gone but are they really gone? What about Noel and caleb are they coming back for ruin and wanting to kill Spen...
422 35 26
It's been a long time since Caleb dead and Alex lock up what will happened? Will Spoby stay happy? Ali and Emily had twins and Noel and Hanna are exp...
100K 2.6K 36
*Completed* Toby Cavanaugh and his daughter Lily have been alone for almost 3 years. What happens when Lily finally goes to school and Spencer is her...