Chapter 9: Post it and Memories

Spencer's POV

- You have to listen to what you want, and what you believe in. I know you don't have much hope Spence but you have to think this through.(Emily and Alison)

- Yes, i think i don't have any hope anymore. Destiny is obviously telling me that Toby and I shouldn't be together...
They all look at me with empathy until Hanna breaks the silence

A- Spencer, are you sure that you don't have hope anymore? Are you sure that this is the end?? 

I think a bit before replying, but the answer is obvious for me.
" I don't have hope Hanna, you know what I think about it. I never had any actually..." I pause and see that Emily starts crying a bit. "But this isn't the end! I don't care if I have to wait 20 years for him to wake up, i don't need to hope that he will, because i know it. He is a fighter, he'll fight. And even if i have to postpone my life for 20 years, i'll wait for him to get better. So no Hanna, this isn't the end. Fuck destiny, who is she to decide for us ? " i give them half a smile and wipe the tears i have away. 

- Now i recognize you girl! Hanna says while hugging me "We'll be there for you if you ever need anything" 

- We'll help you get through this , we won't let you or Toby down. The others continue. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days, weeks and months kept moving but Toby is still sleeping. Ever since it happened, i come and see him everyday. I always bring something to eat: generally i bake him his favorite cookies just in case, so he can wake up to the smell of something he loves. I also bring a photo every-now and then so he can wake up to good memories before realizing what happened to him. And to finish, for the past 96 days, every time i entered the hospital, i've written a note that i put in his room. Just sweet and simple words to remind him that everyone was there the whole time. Hanna and Caleb bring flowers every-week, just to give the room some color and joy. Emily and Ali make him listen to music every two days, the doctors told us it could stimulate his brain. And Ezra and Aria always bring a few poems or books that we all read to him. There even is a little girl who visits him everyday, she's been here for the three months because of a liver failure. I can't figure why she keeps visiting him, last time I asked she just told me that "He seems nice, i would want him to be awake". I don't know if he hears what happen everyday but he'll appreciate the gesture. Gosh i miss him so much, i feel like i haven't slept in years, every-time i try to, i just feel empty and alone. I shouldn't, i mean, i've been staying at Hanna & Caleb's and they're very comprehensive. They are always here when i need comfort or when i start crying at night, but it's not the same. I need him, i can't live normally without him... 

9AM 

- Hello guys. I say sadly 

- Heyyyy, have you got any sleep last night? Hanna asks with concern

- A bit. I lie 

- And without lying? 

- 30 minutes... Than I woke up all sweaty and scared. So i just prepared the photos I m going to take to the hospital today. 

- Spencer... You need to rest.

- I can't Hanna... I just can't. What if he wakes up and I'm not here? He's going to fell like I abandoned him. 

- Honeyy, you spent so many time in this room that it even smells like you. If he does wake up when you're not here, he'll know right away.

- I don't know Hanna, i just don't feel okay. I need to be with him... I think, I think i'm going to stay at the hospital for a while, just a few days. Just so I can sleep with him next to me.