Chapter 19: To trust or not

At the Police, Toby's POV

- I know we don't have a name but come on Marco! You have to help us. If not for me, do it for Spencer.

- Toby you put us in a lot of trouble when you left, now you're asking for a favor, again...

- I know, i know it's not fair but this psyco threatened our daughter, put Emily's father in the hospital and a lot more. We have evidences, we have stuff. Please...

- You know we can't do anything if we don't have fingerprints or a name or anything. It will cost the station a lot of money...

- I kn-
*Marco's phone is ringing*
- Go on and answer. I say.

He goes in the back but i can see him talk. He looks mad but calms down afterward.
He comes back to me and tell me with a big smile on his face that " I thought about it and don't worry, we'll find this psychopath. I promise"
- Okk thank you so much. I answer, kind of surprised.
- I'll call you whenever i find something.

How did he changed his mind so quickly? Maybe it was his boss or something and he asked about it. I don't know who's in charge in here anymore.
Anyway, i go back to the group and explain that we'll ear from the police probably in a few days.
Relieved, we get out of here and get ice-cream.
_____________

We didn't get anything from AD -or the Police- for a few days now but, we still stay together just in case. We know that if A.D leaves us alone for a while, it's only to torture us better afterwards.
One morning, i get a call from Marco at like 6 AM.
- Mmm, Hello?
- Toby, it's Marco. We found something, it's not pretty. Could you come like now?
- Ok sure. Meet you in 10 at the Police Station ?
- I'm. We're not a the Police station, i'll text you the address it's a building not far away.
- Ok then, meet you there.
I hang up and think for a bit. He sounded weird. No, it's just me. Anyway, I should get going, looks important.

- Toby what's going on? Spencer moans while putting her arms around me
- Nothing baby girl. I'm gonna meet Marco, he found something about A.D
She gets up quickly
- Alone ? Don't you dare go alone i'm coming. We have to stay together remember ? She said while grabbing a shirt
- Shhhh, you're going to wake up Grace. And yeah, come with me if you want :).
- Maybe we should tell the others. We are suppose to tell each other everything.
- They're sleeping you really want to wake them up? + we'll call them as soon as we know what he found.
- Yes you're right. Let's go now.
I grab a jean and a shirt while closing the door carefully. Once downstairs, we go to the kitchen and Spencer writes the note.
- The station?
- Actually no, he texted me an address, a building not far away.
She stops writing.
- Toby? Are you sure it was Marco ?
She asks with a concern voice
- Now that you point it out... Yes, yes it was him, but he sounded like nervous.
- Are you sure we go ?

- Go where ? Hanna comes in in a bathrobe
- Oh you're awake ?
- Couldn't sleep. Go where?
- Toby got a call from Marco, he found something about A.D in a building not far. I was just pointing out that it was kind of weird.
- I agree, but i think you should go. In any case, we'll know more about A.D.
I nod and so Spencer. She finishes the note and ask me the address just in case and she writes it on the paper.
We go to the door and Hanna exclaims -not too loud cause everyone is sleeping but you know-
" Wait! I'm coming with you! "
" Hanna you're not dress-
She takes off her bathrobe and shows that she was actually dressed up
" Always prepared no matter what. Now let's go come on"
"This gal will always surprise me" I say
Spencer replies with a laugh.
____________
We arrive at the address. The building wasn't far -like Marco said earlier- but he was hard to find, fortunately, he looks "normal".
I didn't think that way when Marco called but now that Spencer pointed that out, i kind of think it's weird.