Chapter 3: This is A Goodbye

Spencer's POV

"It's official! I'm getting publish Spencer! "
"OH MY GOSH THAT'S FANTASTIC "
I hug and kiss him
Finally, he deserves it so much.

"Come on in, your cookies are ready" i say with a big smile
"Omg i just noticed. What happened to your hair? It's all, sticky" he laughs
"Yeah, some egg incident earlier, no big deal" i look at the window, thinking about what happened.
Why do I think about all this ? I thought the phase was over, it can't be back, it can't be. I have to talk to someone about this, it can't be Toby some obvious reasons though.
"Ok, you stay here, relax yourself and eat my amazing cookies, i'll wash my hair and go for a run, the wether is great and i haven't got the time to go out today"
"Humm okay but, be careful okay? "

After i washed my hair, i put on my jogging and sneakers. Took my phone and left.
I just need to see Emily like right now. She's on vacation since last week so, she should be at her place.

Emily's POV

*knock knock* Oh, is Ali already here? I'm so not ready.
"Wait a seconddd" i yell. I open the door to see a crying Spencer

"Omg what happened?! Come in come in" i say
What is happening, she sounded great on the phone yesterday

"Breathe Spence Breathe. Sit and tell me what happened."

"It's. It's" she says between two breathes "It's Toby, something happened"

I knew it was going to happen, the situation is too confusing for both of them...

"Calm down and tell me about this" i say while getting a text

"Em' something happened, could i come and see you? -Toby"

Ohh, should i tell him the truth? Or just say that i'll see him tomorrow? No I'll tell him the truth and answer real quick so Spencer won't notice i checked my phone.

She tells me about the baking part earlier this afternoon, i understand why she's so freaking out, she almost cheated on Jake with her ex. I wonder how Toby feels. I think I'm gonna tell her the same thing i answered Toby... She needs to do this or else this story is going to end up real bad.

Toby's POV

I need to think about this. Did it mean something? Or was this just in like, the heat of the moment? I wonder what would have happened if, if her phone would have rang like, a minute later. Would we have? No, we wouldn't have, i couldn't do this to Yvonne and she couldn't do this to Jake. I'm so confused, i thought she was leaning in for a second. Or was I dreaming?

I have to talk to someone, maybe Emily is available right now, i'll text her.

2 minutes later

"I'm sorry Toby, Spencer's here and she's really confused about all this, i'm gonna tell you what i think about it. I know it's going to be hard, but, if you love Yvonne, if you want your relationship and your future marriage to work, you have to stop seeing Spencer. What you two had was special and even if you don't want to, old feeling will come back and you won't be able to move on with Yvonne. So, for both of you, for Spencer, you, Yvonne and Jake, you need to go back as simple neighbors. I'm sorry, do whatever you want but if you really love Yvonne, you'll do as i advise you. -Emily" (Damn she types fast)

It's hard to admit but she's right, old feelings will always come back and I think they already did. I don't know what to think, what if i meet Spencer and she wants to start things up again? Will i be able to refuse? Should i follow my heart because of old true feeling or should i take a new unsure path that may lead to something wonderful? I can't decide this, i have to wait, i have to see her, we have to discuss about this.