Chapter 15: Keys & Blackmail

Spencer's POV
It has been a few days since Toby left and I still cry every night. It's like a permanent heartache, no matter what i do or think about, i don't get better.
The worst thing is, i shouldn't act like this i mean, he loves me and will come back, i know he will. But i still feel empty and alone. Gracie is here but it's not the same. Poor girl doesn't know what to do about me, i'm such a mess.
I haven't got out of the apartment since he left, she goes and comes out of school alone, i can't believe I'm doing this to her.
Toby hasn't called yet. Why hasn't he called ? He told me he would! Maybe he doesn't love me anymore, maybe he's not coming back. Stop it Spence, he loves you and probably has an explanation
Mayb- *ding*
Unknown number
"Hello? " i mumble between tears
" Spence ? Omg i'm so glad to hear you"
"To- Toby? Why did-"
"I'm so sorry baby. Someone's stolen my phone while i was on the plane. I'm calling from the office. What time is it there? It's pretty early in Paris."
" 3.45 Pm. I'm so happy you called. I thought you forgot about me"
" Never. Never... Listen, i have to go but can I call you when i get out of work? I know it's going to be late but "
"Call me whenever you want i'll always answer". I try not to sound sad but i think i fail.
Grace should come back in about 15 minutes, i'd better clean myself up before she sees me like this. Again.

*knock knock*
" Use you key honey!"
*knock knock*
"Coming just a sec"
Why is she here that early. She usually arrives at 4... What happened ?

I open the door
"You're early what happened at sc-"
It's not Grace.
"What are you doing here girls? "
I say to Aria, Em, Ali and Hanna.
" We're here to cheer you up. Tonight you're having fun!"
" Guys it's nice of you but i can't go out tonight. Grace has school tomorrow and she should be coming back any minu-"
"Already taken care of! " Hanna yells in excitement
" She called us last night and told us what happened with you. Ezra and Caleb are taking care of her tonight and she knows about it" Aria continues
"Bu-"
"No buts Spence, you need to relax. Plus we haven't done this in a while"
I think a bit than answers
"Sometimes I hate the fact that this kid is so smart!"
"Is that a yes? "
" I guess so." I fake a smile. I really wanted to be alone but it can't hurt me to have some "fun" i guess

They enter the apartment and open up a bottle of wine and something non alcoholic for Hanna.
"So. Do you have any news? How's Paris?"

"He, hummm. He called me a few minutes ago for the first time and he had to go. But he seemed busy. It's good i guess..."

"Spence honey, don't worry. The months will pass. Plus you have your degree to pass, you have something to take him off your mind for a while"

"Yeah, I- I don't know about this anymore I mean. I can barely come out of the house and concentrate without crying, how Am I going to pass an exam? " i laugh ironically

"You're the smartest, you'll figure things out. You always do"

There is an awkward silence for a bit so i just ask something standard.
"Sooo, how are you doing girls? The last months only have been about me and Toby. How's the pregnancy going Hanna? "

"It's amazing. I can eat like crazy and Caleb is acting like a slave. So fun! We're going to know the gender soon actually"
We all laugh for a while.
They seem to be happy. Hope AD won't ruin this ....
Aria and Ezra are going to publish (again!) and they're trying to have a child.

"Guys" *Ali and Em take each others hands*
"We have to annonce something... We're kind of dating now"

" Omg that's amazing!!!" I yell in excitement
"It s actually the first good news I've heard for the last two weeks. I'm so happy for you guys!!"