Chapter 26: The End of a bad Period

Emily's PoV

Oh wait, i don't look like someone who just broke up and who's devastated.
Do i have water in my purse or something ?
That should do it
*she moisten her hands and rub her eyes to ruin her make-up*
Ok let's do this
I knock on the door like crazy, she opens the door immediately.
"Oh my god Emily? What are you doing here ?"
"Can i come in please?" I fake a crying voice
" Sure, make yourself comfortable"

I enter the apartment. She was waiting for me, or for someone. Candles everywhere with soft music. Wine ? Oh come on.

" Were you expecting someone ? I can go it's okay..." I say, "disappointed"

" Nonono, i hum. I like the smell and the music is very relaxing you know. Now, what happened? Why did you come here? I haven't seen you in over a year. How did you find me?"

Wowowow. Calm down with the questions i'm making up the scenario as the evening goes. Ok, i'm gonna find something.

- I... I found your address online earlier. I got into a fight with my girlfriend and i needed to see you Paige. You get me, you always did.
*crying voice*

[The first way i'm gonna know for sure is if she drops out the fact that Ali is my girlfriend. Even though i haven't told her.]

- Oh my god Emily... I'm so sorry. How did it started? -if you want to talk about it-

- No, it's fine. It's gonna come as a shock but A- is back.

- and ? She says in a very normal voice
I look at her like "really you thin' that's normal" and she quickly changes her reaction

- And ?!
At this instant she kind of reminds me of Phoebe in Friends. But i let it go and keep going.

- Well, i received texts, she did too and she thought everything she received was true.
A- basically told her to back out because i still loved someone else.

-Do you ?

- I don't know, i don't know who i love. But she hurt me, the last thing she told me was
"Go back

- "With that slut"
She finishes my sentence and notice the surprise on my face
- hum, i'm assuming she said this. They always do. People, when they break up. She says nervously

- Anywayyy. I just really needed to see you tonight. Do you mind if i stay for a bit ?

- It's okay i guess. Let me get some more wine, be right back.
She's really trying to make me drunk it's sad.
Ok, she's in the kitchen so i have approximately 2 min to search for an evidence.
" Paigeee" I yell
" Could you lend me your phone i've forgotten mine at Aria's "
She doesn't answer but come back with another bottle and appetizers.
- So, how is everybody ?

Ok now she's totally avoiding the questions. I have to find her phone, or her computer or something i don't care.

I start telling her about Toby, Spencer, Aria, Ezra, Hanna and Caleb but i don't mention Ali. She ends up asking me
" And, how did Ali take it ?" While pouring me another glass of this awful wine.

" Take what ? " i ask like i'm stupid

" The breakup"

" I, haven't told you my girlfriend was Alison..."
*blank*

" Oh, it always was her. Even when i was with you and she was "dead" everyone could see you still loved her. I was just assuming you didn't tell me to be polite or something" she responds very naturally"
Honestly, i could have bought this.