Beyond MxB

By Shifting2wolf

3518 A.D. Exactly 1500 years ago, Earth had been pushed to its limits and threatened to collaps on itself if... More

Beyond MxB
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 6

25.6K 1.4K 154
By Shifting2wolf

---Bidziil's POV---

Thorn was very interesting company to be with but at the same time, I couldn't help but feel the anger starting to bubble up inside me. The reason for that was very simple; Thorn and the two kids had started to explore my house and a bit of the garden, letting their curiosity over take them.

But every time they stared at something so simple as electricity or music, especially the way the young Lyra dashed back towards Thorn at the slightest of sounds made me fume. I was walking around, silently following them and allowing them some space, though I couldn't help myself but stay close with the source of my interest.

Alduin was flying around, his wings pushing the air away with such force that we sometimes heard the feint thumping of the air as he passed over while keeping an eye on our new housemates.

When Thorn shot me a confused look, I simply shrugged and waved a hand at the dragon whilst saying, "I'm guessing he's giving you guys a moment to explore the house and its surroundings. He's very curious but he probably knows more than I do and has taken because of the children."

Lyra peeked up over the table at that before jumping up, leaning her weight on her forearms so she could look at us. "Do you mean he's scared of us?" she asked with wide eyes, which only widened when we heard a distant rumble in the air as Alduin laughed.

I chuckled with him and shook my head whilst looking at the blonde child. "In a way, yes. He's afraid that you guys will run at the sight of him, since he only wants to be friends." The child gaped at me before looking outside at the sky as she crept closer to the open wall.

"That's silly...why would he be afraid of us?" she chirped before stepping slightly outside, scanning the air for the dragon before she grinned, "Rawr! Fear me, oh mighty dragon!" she crowed loudly whilst spinning a circle before she let out a startled yelp when Alduin zipped down from the sky, the membrane of his wings creating a harsh sound as it strained against the wind.

Alduin folded his wings and let out a low, rumbling chuckle, cocking his head slightly at the child. When she moved, he acted as if he was frightened of her, creating a wide, toothy grin on Lyra's face as she slowly and comically crept closer towards the dragon, as he edged away.

I managed to suppress a snort, knowing exactly why Alduin was acting this way. He was one of my oldest friends and sadly, I was his only friend. When most people met an enormous, black and blue dragon, they turned tails and ran, leaving Alduin alone for most of his existence.

My eyes flickered to the side to watch Thorn as he unconsciously leaned forwards, the sharp blue irises flashing in their dark pools. My temper once again flared up and I inhaled sharply to snuff the anger as it bubbled up in my throat.

It would take months, maybe even years before Thorn and the children I had saved would be able to react normal to a situation. They were still stuck in the behavior that helped them survive on earth and every time I witnessed it, I was growing more and more furious with the supernatural society in the mortal world.

A low, keening rumble made me look up to see Lyra hesitating between getting closer to Alduin to satisfy her curiosity, and running back towards Thorn, who was still incredibly tense with the whole situation.

Suddenly a thought came to mind and I smirked, realizing just how I could help this situation ahead; Alduin wasn't doing anything because Thorn was tensed up, and Thorn couldn't relax because he didn't know what Alduin was going to do.

Without a sound, I made my way till I was just behind the man that was the focus point of most of my attention, my eyes zipping down to his bare shoulders before a satisfied smirk slowly grew on my face.

Goosebumps were spreading along over Thorn's skin, my gaze lazily following his reaction to me being up close and personal before he spun around, just as I took another step forwards.

A soft exhale slipped from his lips, eyes wide as they flitted over my face nervously before they hardened slightly as he shoved his hands between us and tried to push me away.

Tried being the keyword, because he didn't manage to push me back. My lip curled up in a lopsided smirk as his gaze unintentionally drew downwards towards his paler hands on my tanned chest. His fingers fanned out just over my pectorals, hiding the darker skin around the nipple.

My muscles shifted slightly as I inhaled and Thorn shivered, much to my amusement and interest. He noticed and quickly stepped back, scowling at me. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked, the words flying from his lips as if cursing yet entrancing at the same time.

I smiled, my eyes probably darkening with lust as they scanned over his bare chest, abdomen carved nicely with muscles without being overly build and a small dusting of hair trailing down, teasingly disappearing under the edge of his pants.

When I managed to drag my eyes back up, I noticed that Thorn was growing quite a temper of his own, giving the way his eyes were shooting daggers at me. I tilted my head slightly while crossing my arms over my chest before I simply motioned with my head over Thorn's shoulder.

He frowned and turned before stopping when his eyes settled on Lyra, who was now slowly petting the scales on Alduin's nose. Alduin's eyes were heavily lidded, tail slowly curling around the fragile girl as her companion, Blake, sat back in the grass and kept a weary eye on both dragon and girl.

I could clearly see the muscles on Thorn's shoulders as they tensed before slightly relaxing, the curves of his back reacting to the anxiety he was pouring off in waves. Alduin tilted his head the slightest bit while I stepped up behind Thorn so that only a small breath would fill the gap between us.

My chin was level with his head as I looked down at the curves of his neck, barely leaning down as I kept my eyes fixed purely on him. "They're fine with Alduin, your worry is only being pushed on them and they act on that." I whispered in his ear, making sure that my lips were just that close enough that they skimmed the surface of his skin.

Thorn froze before his elbow jabbed backwards, aiming straight for my stomach but I grabbed it and stopped him, flashing him another slow and tempting grin. Alduin shifted his head so one of those imitating golden eyes was observing me to the bone.

"What are you up to?"

My smile widened as his voice echoed through my head, spoken too low for the humans and Thorn to hear. At least, that was what I thought because I heard a inhale coming from Blake as his head slowly turned towards the dragon, whilst Thorn's eyes narrowed threateningly, an obvious reaction to Alduin's words.

I pursed my lips slightly, slowly walking around Thorn whilst sending a single thought towards Alduin. "Checking a theory. Thorn's powers only come to the forefront when he feels threatened or annoyed. Basically, his instincts rule his powers-"

A flicker of smoke and sparks of flames flowed out of Alduin's widened nostrils as he got what I was doing. The lights were already starting to flicker, barely but it was a start. Thorn's temper was already pushing his Phantasm manipulation to the forefront.

My eyes scanned the room swiftly and I nearly smirked when I saw the barely there flicker of light combined with dark. The entity was called by Thorn's growing anger at my constant prodding and poking.

Its not like I'm not getting anything out of this...I can only imagine how it feels like to actually hold that gorgeous man against me, amongst other things.

"Don't." Thorn growled when I took another step at him, pausing at the tone of his voice. It wasn't aggressive but he was holding back, that much I knew. Cocking my head to the side and feeling like the annoying little brat that wanted to test his caretaker's limits, I took another, slow and overacted step while keeping an eye on him.

Alduin snorted, the lights flickered and then, suddenly, I was on my ass several feet further from where I had been originally standing. Thorn seemed quite shocked as he stared at his hand, which he had thrown up in an annoyed gesture before he slightly flexed his hand, as if to test what happened with the movement of his hands.

I smirked and completely dropped down, crossing my arms behind my head as I let out a small huff when my back connected with the warm soil. My skin tingled, aware of Thorn's eyes on me before I patted the ground beside me.

"You seriously think I'm gonna go sit there with you after you've basically been harassing me?" He asked incredulously, disbelief clear in his cracking voice. I nodded slowly and curled my finger at him, calling him closer to me.

"Here kitty, kitty..." I taunted, knowing exactly how Thorn would react on the nickname and smirk on my face.

---Thorn's POV---

I knew he was trying to get a reaction from me but this was absurd. After his smirk and that nickname, I had again stomped over there, letting my emotions get the best of me. Now I was forced to sit beside Bidziil, staring out over the vast lands around his house without so much as twitching a muscle.

Oh, he wasn't forcing me with brute strength; he was simple being his annoying self. Every time I scooted away from him, he made sure to sit back on the spot, closer than before until he was nearly glued to me. He did jump when we both heard the angry whispering in the air, followed by the shade appearing a few feet away.

Strangely, Bidziil's smile only widened before he relaxed again, winking at me when I stared at him incredulously. Right now he was scouring around in the kitchen, preparing a meal.

The scents wafting towards me made my stomach growl harshly, Blake coming over to sit beside me. I smiled and nudged him with my shoulder, earning a smile from him before he looked back at the food. A soft growl escaped him, making me look up in surprise.

Blake seemed surprised too before sighing. "It started after we got away from the wolves. Bidziil believes they used the serum in the air as well." I froze, unable to breath, unable to think past the rage that slipped through me as I stared at Blake's face, searching his expression whilst hoping he was lying.

If they got a small dose of the serum, that meant they could soon feint and go through the same process I did. I didn't wish that pain to anyone, the thoughts alone forced icy shivers all over my body. Not to mention the fact that the so called awakening was forced on children, one of them barely a newborn.

"Thorn. I need you to calm down. Now." My chain of thoughts snapped and coiled away at the commanding tone and pure heat in that voice. Pain was the first thing to register, as I noticed only know I was clutching my fists painfully tight to the point where my nails were slowly digging into the palms of my hands.

Looking up, my vision was filled with a pair of warm, golden eyes as they gazed down at me, a hand tilting my chin up while the other cupped my cheek. The room was filled with a strange clattering sound, as if pots and pans were being shoved together. Glancing past Bidziil, unable to get a grip on the anger, resentment and self-loathing that bubbled up inside me, I looked at the kitchen.

The pots and pans that had been on the stove before were now floating in the air, along with several knives and forks. My eyes shot towards the cupboards and I flinched when the doors flew open as if someone had grabbed them and attempted to rip the doors off.

"Relax. Thorn!" Warmth engulfed me as the two hands on my face pulled my gaze back to Bidziil, who was looking at me worriedly. My hands clutched at his shirt, tangling in the cloth while I filled my lungs with deep and calming breaths.

"There, just like that." Bidziil nodded, his fingers soothingly rubbing over the back of my neck before settling at the nape, playing with the short hairs there. I heard the sharp clap of metal falling down and noticed the knives and forks on the floor, one of the pans half on the stove and the pot of boiling water seemed to have lost most of its contents.

A rumble sounded behind me, resonating all through my body as it managed to make me feel harbored and incredibly small at the same time. "I think its time to stop the tests for today. Thorn has showed more of his abilities than I thought him able to." Alduin spoke in his low rumble and Bidziil nodded to show his agreement.

I felt weak all of a sudden and nearly tilted forwards before Bidziil caught me and stood up with me in his arms like a damsel in distress. "Up you go. Didn't expect you to use that much of your energy, actually. How do you feel?" The worry and sheepish smile on his face created a small flutter in my stomach, one I chose to ignore for now.

"Dizzy..." I murmured, closing my eyes to stop the world from spinning so fast. My head felt like I hadn't eaten for weeks and the smells coming from the kitchen managed to make my stomach groan in delight while at the same time, I feared to fill it. I didn't exactly wanted to throw up after filling myself with food.

"Sorry. Well, the good news is that you're already aware of your telekinesis, added to your ability to manipulate entities. You need to get some food in your stomach and rest. Don't worry about the children, they've been fine the four days you were knocked out."

I was slowly laid down onto something soft...something warm and muscular that slowly coiled around my body. Opening my eyes, I glanced up at the black scales of Alduin's throat as he secured me with his tail, making sure that I was resting in a comfortable position before Bidziil loosened his hold on me and aimed a reassuring smile my way.

"Relax and take a nap. I'll have to start over for the food since someone threw a temper tantrum." He chuckled warmly while I felt an unusual blush start on my cheeks before he continued, "So you can close your eyes for a few. The babe sure did miss sleeping with you."

I glanced towards Blake at that and smiled as he carried Noah over. The blackhaired baby was cooing softly, smiling as the wereboy placed him on my chest and smiled at me. "Don't worry Thorn, I'm fine with it. Besides, you always told us to believe, didn't you? So believe in us, we can make it."

A smile slid over my face and I nodded before closing my eyes again while Noah coed against my throat, nuzzling the skin there. I was barely aware of my hand instinctively moving up so Noah could settle his thirst, nor did I feel Alduin settle his head beside my legs.

What I did feel though, was the lingering warmth of Bidziil's hand as he stroked my cheek just seconds before I passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 12.6K 45
Secrets and lies were never a part of my life. Until, that is, I met him. Then, everything changed. Or, maybe things were always messed up, and meet...
1M 53K 22
I was supposed to die when I was five but when my parents gave me the chance to run, I took it. I didn't understand much at the time except that I...
180K 7K 18
First book in The Midnight Series. "Life isn't worth living anymore..." ~~~ My wolf whined in protest at this, my heart wrenched at the fragile boys...
103K 4.3K 53
**COMPLETED** The year is 2260. Radiation levels are reaching impossible highs, and humans are dying at a rapid pace. Their only hope for survival is...