Funny how love works (A Spoby...

By Kelys151

Spencer and Toby are now living their current lives separatly. They haven't seen each other since the breakup... More

Chapter 1: Hello again
Chapter 2: Cookies and Sundays
Chapter 3: This is A Goodbye
Chapter 4: the Fight
Chapter 5: The Decision
Chapter 6: Detective Hanna
Chapter 7: Troubles
Chapter 8: Nobody knows where we mind end up
Chapter 9: Post it and Memories
Chapter 10: Limerence
Chapter 11: Together even in pain
Chapter 12: Don't Let Go
Chapter 13: Happiness never last
Chapter 14: A.D and misery
Chapter 15: Keys & Blackmail
Chapter 16: Pictures & Pills
Chapter 17: Explanations
Chapter 18: Police or Secrets ?
Chapter 19: To trust or not
Chapter 20: Worst day of their lives
Chapter 21: Ohhh the guilt
Chapter 23: This Weird Computer
Chapter 24: A Good night of Sleep
Chapter 25: I know who A.D is
Chapter 26: The End of a bad Period
Last chapter: An Unusual Wedding
A/N 1K ❤️

Chapter 22: How do you feel ?

139 6 0
By Kelys151

Hanna's PoV

I don't know what to say, i don't know. I feel that i have to tell Caleb but, i just don't know if he'll understand. How can you understand what you didn't see? What you didn't have to do? What you haven't gone trough?
I had trouble doing it when i got out of the doll house, now i have to do it again.
Look at him, next to me, trying to comfort me. He's so good to me, i wish i were strong enough to tell him everything... I think i need time.
Why is it that hard ? I try to speak but no sound is coming out, it's like that tape is still glued to my lips. I can still hear him yell, her trying to get out. Toby was so hurt and devastated, he felt so bad for her, he's blaming himself for this but he shouldn't. We're all responsible for this, or maybe I am responsible for this.
Oh my god, i should have done something, i could have stopped Wren... I could have-
Oh no, i'm hyperventilating. Shit.

- Hanna? Hanna breathe, breathe for me. Nice and easy. In and out, in and out. Says Caleb in a panicky voice.
I try to calm down and hug him, i'm so happy that he's here for me, he always was. I feel tears coming out of my eyes, i don't care, i just want to stay here, in his arms, safe.
He pulls out

- Honey, i know you don't want to talk about what happened and i respect your decision. But you can let it go, you can let it all go i'm here for you i won't judge Hanna.

- I- I'm gonna tell you Caleb, you deserve to know.

- Hanna you don't have to-

- I want to. I take his hand and hold it with mines.

- I just want to tell you before you start that, the police found something, a video. We watched it with the Em, Ali, Aria and Ezra.

- So you know ?

- I know what happened with Spencer yes... But then, the video cut and since you weren't found in the same room as her, i don't know what happened with you. I don't know who you feel and how you ended up with Toby.

- I. I'm going to explain everything. But you have to promise to stay calm and not to get mad.

- Han'. I'll never blame you or be mad at you after what you've been through today, after what you had to watch. Why would I be mad about something ? You're okay, the baby is okay....
he puts his hand on my stomach. I suddenly see flashes of this morning. The rope against my belly, him, touching me.

- Please don't touch me Caleb. I ask nicely
Please just, give me some time

- I'm so sorry. Does it hurt ?

- No it's just that, i need some time to process this...

- Hanna are you sure you want to tell me about today ? Maybe you need some rest

-No! If i explain i'll be able to talk about it and everything will be alright.
He doesn't reply so I start the "story"

" Ok so, when we arrived to the building, we knocked on the apartment door this bastard Marco gave us and after a few second, i remember falling on the floor with Spencer and Toby. I woke up in a room with Spencer, naked and we didn't know why. We tried to open the door but we were stuck. We ended up crawling in the ventilations. At sole point, i didn't see a whole and fell on a mattress in the room Wren was in. Spencer did the same. We didn't know what was happening at first but Wren was the reason all of this happened.
He started telling us of he wanted Spencer, how he has missed her. It was awful. I don't know if you've seen this on the video but, Toby was forced to watch the whole thing. No of us could screen or talk, or else he'll freeze Toby to death.
When he was... finished." *i start crying*

- Hanna you can do this *he hold my hands*. Get it out, you can, i know you can.

- After, he told us that i wasn't suppose to be there. He planned the whole thing for Spencer and Toby but i wasn't useful. Toby got mad ans started tell Wren what an asshole he was, how Spencer didn't care about him, how the fact that he... that he raped her didn't mean that she enjoyed it. Wren took it the wrong way obviously and wanted Toby AND Spencer to suffer now. He wanted them both the feel "betrayed " by the other or something... He. He made someone take me to the Room Toby was locked in and told us to....

I can't say it, it's too unreal...
I just freeze

- Han'? Take your time it's gonna be okay

- He told us to have sex, in front of him, of Spencer. To show her how hard it is to be cheated on -even though Spencer never did this to him, he is crazy-.
Neither Toby nor I could do it. But he was watching and threatening us. On our side, we didn't see the camera, Wren nor Spence. We could only hear him talk.
I heard the police cars and i knew it was going to be over soon but we had to start or else he would hurt Spence again. I wanted to gain some time for the police to catch him, so i told Toby to think of Spencer and close his eyes. I leaned in and kissed him. It was an horrible, forced and non passionate kiss,l. We couldn't even touch each other 'cause we hd no clothes on. We kept going until Wren stopped speaking.
Caleb i'm so sor-

- That was what you were afraid to tell him?
I look at him and nod
- Hannnna, honey none of this is your fault. You were under treats, it's no- *He cuts himself*
I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I'm so sorry i wasn't there to stop it I, I feel so ashamed and guilty.

- I'm just happy that you're here.
I say
I need you more than ever right now
*with those words he just took me into his arms and we cuddled until i finally fall asleep
_________
Toby's PoV

It has been a few hours and she still haven't moved. I managed to get out of bed though.
Maybe a good meal could help a bit, i search trough the closets but obviously, nothing is useful. I'm not surprised, we haven't been in this apartment for a month now, and even before this, i don't think she was cooking that much from the potato chips wrapping on the kitchen floor.

Ok, she's sleeping so maybe i could just go to the store real quick. I'll leave a note anyway.

" Be right back don't move love you"

____ After the store____
I park my truck in the parking lot and take the grocery bags out.
I open the apartment door and find Spencer on the couch crying.
I drop the bags and come near her
- Spencer what happened ?

- You, you're back ! You didn't leave! She says, hugging me

- Of course i didn't leave, i would never leave you Spencer. I left a note on the conter didn't you see ? I say in a very calm and cute voice

- I, I thought you were gone, i thought you left me all alone. She cries harder on my shoulder

- I'm not going anywhere, ever. I promise you i won't leave the apartment again. I just went out the get some stuff to make you some lasagnas, and ice cream.

- Really ? She asks, wiping her tears away

- Yes and I'm sorry, it's my fault. I shouldn't have gone away. You're vulnerable right now i'm sorry. I apologize to her nicely

She takes her normal voice back and say
- Arg, i'm so sorry Toby. I'm just not myself right now and i freaked out. It's not you-

- I don't ever want to hear you say you're sorry Spence. It's not your fault, not mine, not Hanna's... It's Wren's fault.
She freezes the moment i say his name.
Oh no. I'm sorry, let's not say his name again okay ?

- Deal. She smiles.
Now let's make some lasagnas okay ? I'm starving. 

I nod and we start cooking.
Honestly, i don't know how to make lasagnas, or anything else actually. I just improvise and mix up a few things together. It does Not look good but i keep going. Spencer looks at me with a weird face
- Do you have any idea of what you're doing Tobs? She laughs
I don't say anything for ten seconds et then burst into laughing
- You know i don't cook 😂😂 I can make cookies and toast but that's it
- Why did you start this then you silly?!
She throws some flour into my face and runs away.
- Rowww come on, what are we 8 now ? I say in a "serious tone"
- You're only saying this cause you are losing!
- Losing what ?
- Hummm, the food fight i just started.
- Really ??
I take the meat i had prepared and throw but miss her.
- Too bad Cavanaugh, i know how to dodge ahah.
- I wouldn't say that no. I take three egg, walk toward her and simply crush them into her beautiful hair.
- Okay that's it you're going down.

Just like that sunday about 8 months ago, we start running into our apartment like two 6 year old playing with food. And again, we both fall on the floor.
This time, she falls first and i'm the one on the top of her.
- Remind you of something ? I say between two breathes
She smiles and replies
- This time, nothing can stop me from doing this. She brings my neck closer to her's so we can kiss.
No cellphone to stop us. I don't know if we should do this though, she just got of something terrible, i don't think she's going to enjoy this.
She starts to take my shirt off so i keep going too, the moment i put my hand under her's, something goes wrong.
________________
Spencer's PoV

Here I am, laying on the floor, with the greatest man on the top of me. But suddenly, i see someone else, i won't even say his name but i start yelling
" Stop it! Get off me now please leave me alone!!"
I hit him and get up as fast as I can.
He won't hurt me anymore, i won't let him.
"Please just leave me alone, please" i say with tears in my eyes.
He doesn't move, why won't he leave me? What have I done to deserve this ?
" Please leave me alone. Please leave us alone Wren please. If you love me you'll leave me. I don't deserve this. I'm sick of getting hurt please" I cry
Why won't he leave. Why is he getting closer? Why is he hugging me ? I try to get out but he hold me tight
" Spencer ?! Spencer relax. You're safe, this isn't Wren, this is Toby, your husband remember ? I won't hurt you. You're not in the building anymore. You're home Spencer ?"

" I, I am home ? "
" Home & Safe. I promise.
Open your eyes"
I open them
"Look at me *i do* Do i look like Wren ? I won't touch you if you don't want me to Spencer. Really you're safe"
This is Toby. Why did i start seing Wren ?

" Toby i'm so confused ! Why was he here ? Why did he disappear ? Why do I react like this ? *here comes the waterfall*

- You're reacting normally after what yoûve gone through, but I think we should take you to the hospital Spence... We need you to get checked up.
_________
Both Pov
As Toby says these words, both of them tremble to the thought of going back there.
Memories from the shooting are coming back, it's hard. But they both know she needs to go.
_________
Back to Spencer's POV
- I don't want to go back there Toby!
- Neither do I, but i think it's for the best, and you deserve the best.
And I promise you, we won't stay more than 3-4 hours tops'
- You promise ?
- I'll never lie to you
He's got a point.
- Ok, Let's go then but you stay with me okay ?
- Always.

He calls the gang to tell them to meet us at the hospital, he gets Grace on the phone
- Honey ?
- ........
- Spencer is okay. But just to be sure, we need to go to the hospital
-........
- I know, we don't want to either but the paramedics told us to go... Do you think you can handle a few hours there ?
-.........
- If you don't want to it's fine really.
- .........
- You're very brave. We'll see you there okay? We love you
And he hangs up.

Toby's POV

- They'll be there, apparently they found something about A- at the station while we were here. If you're ready they could explain stuff but i think it'll involve Wren.

She doesn't say anything for a minute or so.
- Spence? You okay ?

- I'm sorry i was lost in my thoughts. Thinking on how i'm going to find A.D and kill him/her.
She tries to smile.

- I love you so much sometimes. Now let's go.

We go and i drive us safely to the hospital.
I don't care what people will say but, no matter what happens: my wife is badass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.6K 36
*Completed* Toby Cavanaugh and his daughter Lily have been alone for almost 3 years. What happens when Lily finally goes to school and Spencer is her...
334 25 23
Spencer Hastings is A Police Officer and a detective At rosewood A small town full of Secrets And Now theirs been a Murder? Of who? Exactly well of H...
421K 7.8K 68
Spencer Hastings has the most scandalous and juciest news about her and when people found out, they gave her hell for it. As she meets new guy, Toby...
161K 2.9K 100
Emison was officially endgame in the season 7 finale. But what happens to their lives after PLL ? Read about how our favourite ships' families grow...