Who I Am [Boyxboy]

By JSBelard

Nathan Velin is the oldest grandson of the Chairman of House of Amanda Velin, a famous multi-billion clothing... More

Chapter One - The Vultures
Chapter Two - Masks
Chapter Three - Eyes of Death
Chapter Four - Beacon of Light
Chapter Five - The Beginning
Chapter Six - Caught Off Guard
Chapter Seven - Growing Feelings
Chapter Eight - Disaster at the Runway
Chapter Nine - Moments of Bliss
Chapter Ten - Clashing Vultures
Chapter Twelve - Emerging Feelings
Chapter Thirteen - Vast Skies
Chapter Fourteen - New Partnership
Chapter Fifteen - Blissful Moment
Chapter Sixteen - The Black Car
Chapter Seventeen - Hello Mother
Chapter Eighteen - The Promise
Chapter Nineteen - Ryuzaki
Chapter Twenty - The Perfect World
Chapter Twenty One - Aozora
Chapter Twenty Two - Crazy Night
Chapter Twenty Three - Almost Engaged
Chapter Twenty Four - Dragon in the Sky
Chapter Twenty Five - Chasing Kazuki
Chapter Twenty Six - Fall of the Vulture
Chapter Twenty Seven - Embracing the Sky

Chapter Eleven - One Step Closer

111 9 0
By JSBelard

David inches forward and Nathan knew what he was trying to do. He waited for Kazuki to react violently, to push David away, but Kazuki just stood there and did nothing. Nathan couldn't take to see what was going to happen next, he turned back and walked away.

There was something in Kazuki's eyes that made David stop. It wasn't something that David was familiar of. Kazuki wasn't angry, but David could that he didn't like what David was about to do. "I'm sorry... I drank a little bit too much..." He said apologetically as he moved away from Kazuki.

Kazuki didn't know what to do next. He knew David was having a hard time, and he didn't want to hurt him any further. So, instead, he kept quiet.

The longer he poses as Kazuki, the more people he would end up hurting. He knew that perfectly well, but he had no intention on retreating until he gets what he really wants.

It was simple. He wanted justice. He wanted them to pay.

"This is not the time to feel guilty..." Kazuki muttered.

When Kazuki and David came back to the table, they both acted as if nothing happened, but Nathan was suspicious. He couldn't get rid of the thought that those two kissed.

On their way home, Nathan's car was filled with silence. Kazuki was looking out the window, uncharacteristically quiet. "Can't you not bring me home...?" Kazuki asked all of a sudden.

"Huh? Why? Granddad would get worried." Nathan replied.

"I don't want to be in that house right now." Kazuki replied, wanting to get away from the Velins for a while. He didn't want to deal Avery or Ivory at that time, he was too tired for that. Being an impostor was not easy, especially if you're itching to come out of your shell and reveal your identity. All that Kazuki wanted was a break.

What happened? Nathan thought. Everything seemed to be going so well earlier that day, and the only reason Nathan could think of that would change Kazuki's mood was David's confession. Is he feeling responsible for the break-up? Is he avoiding Ivory? Either way, Kazuki sounded so sad. The last time Nathan saw him like that was when he first came to the Velin Manor.

There was longing in Kazuki's eyes.

"You can drop me in any hotel, I'll use my card..." Kazuki continued.

"There's no need for that." Nathan said. I might regret this, but I can't leave him alone. "You can stay at my place... if you want."

Kazuki's heart almost stopped when he heard what Nathan said. It might be the alcohol in his system, but he felt his body become hotter, with just the thought of sleeping under the same roof as Nathan. "Is that okay...?" Kazuki asked.

"Of course." Nathan replied with a small smile.

Walking nervously behind Nathan, Kazuki was doing his best to calm his mind and heart. "Is it really okay if I stay here tonight?" Kazuki asked, once inside Nathan's condo suite.

"Kazuki, we're family. You're always welcome here." Nathan replied.

"Family... huh..." Kazuki muttered lowly. His heart was racing, being in Nathan's place was sending him mix sensation sin his body. The place was as he expected, it was simple and minimalistic.

"Are you alright?" Nathan asked as he lead Kazuki in the living area. "You drunk too much." He said.

"I'm fine." Kazuki said as sat down and rested his head on the sofa. "I just need a little sleep..." he said as he slowly closed his eyes.

"Don't sleep there. Your body will get sore in the morning." Nathan said. "I'll get you towel and you can wash up, then we can go to bed."

"Go to bed...?" Kazuki asked nervously.

"Yes. My bed is big for the both of us." Nathan said as he disappeared in his room.

"What kind of development is this...? This is too dangerous..." He muttered. Moments later, Nathan walked out with a towel in hand. "You can wash up first." He said as he handed Kazuki the towel.

Everything felt so surreal and weird for Kazuki. He took a cold shower to wake him up from his daze and pull him back to reality. The cold water also helped him calm himself from the excitement he was feeling as well.

"Stop being weird... Stop feeling nervous..." Kazuki muttered repeatedly.

After drying his self and wrapping the towel around his waist, Kazuki walked out of the shower. Nathan was sitting putting clothes on the bed when he walked out. A sudden jolt of shyness invaded Kazuki in an instant.

"I prepared some clothes you could wear. I hope it fits..." Nathan said as he placed his old clothes on the bed and then turned around. He froze suddenly and his cheeks instantly blushed when he saw Kazuki half-naked.

Kazuki's body was not what he had imagined. He wasn't quite as thin as Nathan thought. Kazuki's body was slender, but tone. Nathan could see definitions in Kazuki's body. Get a hold of yourself, Nathan. Why are you being flustered by your cousin's body.

"You can wear these, and sleep if you're tired. I'll take a shower." Nathan said with a gulp as he made his retreat. "Shit. What the hell is this" He muttered as he placed his hand on his left chest, once inside the shower. His heart was beating so loud and so fast. He quite didn't like that he was feeling that way towards Kazuki.

After putting on the slightly loose clothes that Nathan lent him, Kazuki lied down on the bed and closed his eyes. He couldn't quite fall asleep yet, even with the huge amount of alcohol in his system. That was one of the few moments that he dreaded having a high alcohol tolerance.

He might not be drunk, but the alcohol in his system can still cause Kazuki to act on impulse, that's why he was struggling to fall asleep as fast as he can. A sudden jolt of excitement further woke his senses when Nathan walked out of the shower.

Nathan was drying his hair with the towel, wearing only his underwear. His defined muscles and were giving Kazuki a hard time in controlling his growing desire. The torture didn't end there, though. Nathan climbed on the bed without putting any clothes on, and it made Kazuki very uneasy.

The alcohol in his system were starting to get into his head, and Kazuki couldn't stop thinking about one thing; sex. Kazuki fought the thought, and he managed to calm his mind and body down, even just by a bit.

It was a difficult decision for Nathan, but he didn't want to make things weird or awkward, so he opted to wear his underwear in bed that night, instead of sleeping in the nude, as he usually does.

When he climbed on the bed, Kazuki already had his eyes closed, and he thought that his cousin was already asleep. He knew it was weird, but Nathan loved watching Kazuki sleep.

Nathan was lying on his side, watching Kazuki. On the other hand, Kazuki was itching to move. He was lying on his back, pretending to sleep, he was trying so hard but still the alcohol was keeping him awake.

Thinking that Nathan was asleep, Kazuki turned to his side, with his eyes still closed. Nathan's heart skipped a beat when Kazuki moved and faced him. He couldn't quite understand what was happening to him, but his body moved on its own. His hand reached towards Kazuki's face.

When Kazuki felt Nathan's hand on his cheek, and when Nathan rubbed his cheek with his thumb, Kazuki felt a jolt of excitement enter his entire body. Suddenly all his effort to hold back his growing desire melted with that one touch, and all he could think of was to monopolize Nathan all to himself.

What am I doing? I should stop this. This is weird. This is wrong. He is my cousin. Stop it, Nathan. His body didn't listen to his thought, and instead of stopping there, his body did quite the opposite. Suddenly, Nathan moved closer to Kazuki and wrapped. He gently lifted Kazuki's head and rested it on his arm, and then wrapped Kazuki into an embrace his.

There it was again, that familiar soothing and comfortable feeling he felt when he embraced Kazuki outside the hospital. Why does it feel so good to hug you? Why does it feel so familiar? Why...? Why am I feeling like this?

For the third time, Nathan was embracing him, and Kazuki was at his limit. He wanted to embrace Nathan back, but by doing so, Nathan would know that he is awake, and it would make things weird and awkward, and surely that blissful moment would have to end.

At that point, it was too late for Nathan to stop himself. It was too late to turn back. He knew that it was everything, but all he could think of was how good and right it felt.

The warmth of Nathan's skin against him sent shivers all throughout Kazuki's body. He couldn't believe how wonderful it felt to be held by Nathan like that. Suddenly, his desire grew to something even more, something more significant. It wasn't just sex anymore, he wanted to be with Nathan. To love him, and to be loved by him. He wanted Nathan.

No matter how much he wanted it, Kazuki knew it was impossible. They were supposed to be cousins, and even if he reveals the truth to Nathan, he might end up being hated, being despised for all the lies and deception he had said and done.

The only way he could be with Nathan, is by being cousins, by being cousin. It was painful, it was the reality that Kazuki thought.

Nathan is sweet and kind, he only sees me as his little cousin. Nothing more. Nothing more. Kazuki kept on repeating those words in his mind. He didn't want to expect, he didn't want to be disappointed. He had no right to be.

It was only when Kazuki was sure that Nathan had fallen asleep while embracing him, that he had opened his eyes. Tears were starting to form in his eyes as his heart became filled with guilt, and painful bliss. "I'm sorry..." Kazuki whispered in a low voice. "I'm sorry, for deceiving you... I'm sorry, if I can't tell you the truth. I want to be with you... but it's not right..." He looked up to Nathan as he said those words while holding back his tears. Then slowly, Kazuki moved his face closer and closer, and until their breaths touched. His eyes finally shed tears as he moved even closer. "I'm sorry, for falling in love with you..."

Kazuki's lips touched Nathan's. It was a brief and yet sweet kiss that was filled with bliss, guilt, and sorrow.

For Kazuki, it was the first and last. Closing his eyes, and biting his lower lip, Kazuki fought the overwhelming emotions and held back his tears. Like that, he fell asleep.

The next morning, Nathan woke up early and prepared breakfast, both of them acted like nothing happened the night before. For Nathan, it was the best sleep he ever had, embracing Kazuki like that might be wrong, but he didn't care any longer, because it felt so right.

They may not know that time, but it was then that things between them started to change, evolve into something else.

A week passed and the sales of the new collection of Amanda Velin soars high. Kazuki couldn't believe that Nathan wasn't getting enough credit and praise from inside the company, and even within the family. That's why, when the shareholders meeting finally came, Kazuki saw it as a chance.

Like what Avery said, Victor talked to Kazuki and said that he would transfer some of his shares to him, shares that should've belonged to Carter Velin, Kazuki's father. Though, Victor didn't say how much.

Inside the conference room, Avery, who was sitting with Joan and Ivory, was filled with impatience. Until the very last moment, the fake Kazuki refused to do as he ordered. And it was making his blood boil in anger.

He couldn't do anything rashly, because there was a risk that the video recording of him orchestrating the whole thing might exist, but it didn't mean that he wouldn't deal with the impostor. All he need is the perfect timing, and he could get rid of that impostor without drawing suspicion to himself.

Frances and Nathan were sitting across the table, in front of Avery's family. Frances was itching to make, or force, the shareholders to acknowledged Nathan's achievement. Even though no one knows what would happen at that shareholders' meeting, Frances would do anything to make an opportunity for her to make everyone recognize Nathan's skills.

Victor Velin entered the conference room with Atty. Goldberg and Kazuki. He sat at the head of the table and Kazuki sat down beside him.

Both and Avery and Frances didn't like what they were seeing. The mere fact that Kazuki was sitting at the head of the conference table with Victor was showing how much the Velin patriarch favor's him. And it gave off a lot of implications that would be a disadvantage to them.

"I already introduced my grandson, Kazuki, during the launch of our new collection, but let me formally introduce them to everyone, to the shareholders of Amanda Velin. This is Kazuki, son of my deceased eldest son Carter, and from now on he would be part of this company. Atty. Goldberg." Victor called.

Atty. Goldberg stepped forward. "As Carter Velin's only legitimate heir, Kazuki Velin would receive 10% of Amanda Velin shares that he owns, which is currently under Chairman Velin's control." Everyone was expecting that, but what happened next was something they didn't even thought that might happen. "Also, an additional 5% of shares would be transferred to Kazuki Velin from Chairman Victor Velin's remaining 30% of shares. That's all."

"What? Father, what's the meaning of this?" Avery questioned almost immediately. "Why are you giving that kid more shares? The 10% that belonged to Carter, I can understand, but an additional 5%? That's irrational!"

"For once, I agree with Avery. That kid isn't ready for such thing." Frances added.

"It's my shares, I can do whatever I want with it!" Victor raised his voice. "Whether he is ready for such responsibility or not, let Kazuki prove it himself!" He added. "You're both complaining as if you're not amassing your shares in secret!" That made Frances and Avery both silent. "I may be old, but I still know everything that is going on inside my own company."

That set the tone for the shareholders' meeting. Everyone were on edge, especially when it comes to the sales of the new collection. Even though the first week was successful, the sales needed to be consistent for the collection to be successful.

"The reception for the new collection had been great ever since it was launched, I think you're all worrying too much about the sales. Nathan is handling sales, you can be sure that you would get the results that you want." Frances said firmly.

"It's too early to say that." Avery contradicted. "We need people to stay interested in the collection for the following weeks for us to say that it is indeed successful. It's too early to celebrate your son's success. The question is what would you do next, Director Nathan Velin?"

"My team had a lot of promotional activities in line." Nathan replied. "There are several magazines that would use our collection in their issues and their cover. Also, artists are going to wear our gowns in red carpet events."

"Is that all? Don't you think your plan is too weak?" Avery said.

"There's only so much I can do, especially since my team's proposal kept being denied by the Sales VP." Nathan replied. "We initially wanted to hold an exclusive sale for our less successful branch in the region, but it was denied. We also wanted to sell some items exclusively at some branches to boost that branch sales and give the feel of exclusivity, but it was also denied. Also, the partnership with an online mall was put on hold."

"There are lot of considerations..." Avery tried to reason but Kazuki suddenly interjected.

"It's as if the VP for Sales is intentionally blocking all the proposals Nathan submitted." Kazuki said, raising doubts in the conference hall. "Granddad, what do you think about Nathan's proposals?"

"They're not particularly stellar." Victor replied and Avery smiled. "But still brilliant, there's no reason for it to be denied or put on hold."

Kazuki looked in front and smiled. "It's either our current VP is not smart enough to see the advantages of Nathan's proposal or he's intentionally blocking Nathan's plans. Either we can't have that. Let's replace him." Kazuki said with a serious face.

"What? What you're trying to say is not that easy. Where would you find someone to replace him that easily. We can't have a vacuum in the management in this crucial moment."

"That's easy. Nathan would be the new VP for Sales. You can't deny his planning for the new collection was flawless, his sales plan for the first week was successful, he is more than capable to be in that position. He could also move freely without having someone approve every single plan he makes. That would make the steps for our sales offensive be done in a quicker and more efficient manner." Kazuki said with a smile.

Avery clenched his fists under the table. "Kazuki, appointing someone in important position is not a game."

"I'm voting for it, with my 15% of shares." Kazuki said with a grin as he looked at Avery. "I can do that, right, Atty. Goldberg?" He asked as he looked at Atty. Goldberg who nodded in agreement. "What do you think, Granddad?" He asked as he looked at Victor.

Victor was caught off-guard, but he saw no reason to decline Kazuki's preposition. "I vote for it."

"That's 40%." Kazuki said with smile.

"I vote for it." Frances said with a smile as she looked at Avery with a grin.

"I vote for it too." Killian Solomon added.

"That's more than 50%, that's enough right, Granddad?" Kazuki asked.

"With more than 50% of the company shares voting for it, Nathan would be appointed as the new VP for Sales, but we still need to tally the votes for formality." Victor replied patiently.

The shareholders' meeting ended, and even though there were oppositions, the current Sales VP was fired and subsequently replaced by Nathan, effective immediately. Avery glared at Kazuki as he left the room, but Kazuki just smiled provocatively at him.

"Kazuki, I'll talk to you in my office later." Victor Velin said as he left.

Kazuki sighed deeply as he leaned back on the chair.

"Are you crazy? What were you thinking? That was insane." Nathan said as he walked up to Kazuki.

Still leaning back, Kazuki looked up at Nathan. "You deserve to be promoted. Congratulations." He said with a smile.

"Don't get cheeky with me." Nathan leaned forward and then pinched Kazuki's cheeks. "Please, don't pull off something crazy again." Nathan pleaded as he moved away. "I thought I was going to have a heart attack."

"That I can't promise." Kazuki said as he stood up. "It's so fun messing with the shareholders. I mean, Avery looked like he would erupt in anger. It's all worth it."

"You have to take this more seriously, Kazuki. If you keep on messing around with the shareholders, you would get unwanted attention. You might end up making enemies out of every one of them, and you don't want that." Nathan said worriedly.

"Alright, I 'll try to be more careful next time, Vice President." Kazuki with a teasing smile.

"Shut up..." Nathan replied with smile

On their way to their office, Kazuki and Nathan encountered Ivory. "So, Nathan, how does it feel to be voted as VP, you must be really happy, finally Granddad is paying attention to you." She said sarcastically. "Well, even though you don't deserve it, at least you have your favorite cousin to back you up."

"Oh, don't be such a bitch, Ivory. We all know that you're on edge because David broke up with you, but please don't throw tantrums here, it's really unbecoming." Kazuki said mockingly.

"What did you say?" Ivory sounded angry. "David and I, we didn't break up. We're just taking things slow."

"Oh... sure... if that's what you want to believe in." Kazuki added with chide as he walked pass Ivory.

"What do you know?" Ivory demanded as she held Kazuki by the arm. Her long nails pressing against Kazuki's skin.

Nathan thought he knew the truth. A week ago, he saw David confessed to Kazuki, and he had every reason to suspect that Kazuki accepted David's confession.

"What do I know?" Kazuki said with a smile and a chuckle. "Well, David..."

"Stop this." Nathan interjected before Kazuki could answer. "Let him go, Ivory." Nathan said as he removed Ivory's grip from Kazuki's arm. Then, Nathan pulled Kazuki away. "Can you stop provoking everyone?"

"She was asking for it." Kazuki reasoned. "She shouldn't talk to you like that. You shouldn't let her. I don't care about her issues with David, she might be hurting, but it doesn't give her nay right to take it out on us."

"Why are you so angry? She dissed me, not you." Nathan said as he walked beside Kazuki.

"Exactly." Kazuki said impatiently.

Is he angry because Ivory dissed me? Why does he care so much? Nathan wondered.

"Listen, Nathan. Do whatever you want in your new position, I'll back you up. If want to take Avery's position as COO, I can help you with that either. I don't care who is against you, but I'm always on your side." Kazuki said.

"What are you talking about? What's gotten into you? Kazuki, I just became Vice President because of you, I don't think I'm ready, or ambitious enough to aim for Avery's position." Nathan said, a bit perplexed by the way Kazuki was acting.

"Well, you should be, Nathan. There isn't much time, if you want it, then we must make it happen before I..." Kazuki stopped. God no, I almost slipped. Why do I always lower my guard around him?

"Before you what, Kazuki?" Nathan asked. "What are you not telling me?"

"It's nothing." Kazuki lied with a smile. Before I leave. Before my identity is revealed. Before the real Kazuki takes his place. Before I... disappear from your life. "Don't worry about it."

It was impossible not to worry. No matter how many times Kazuki says that it was nothing, Nathan felt differently. Somehow, he could feel that Kazuki was hiding something from him. It was worrying him.

A lot of things had changed and happened ever since Kazuki came into his life. Life had been a lot more colorful for Nathan ever since, and he was starting to feel a lot more alive. He was starting to think that a life without Kazuki would be dull... painful.

If possible, Nathan wanted to keep Kazuki by his side forever.

"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932 204 22
Hannah's new home hides a chilling secret: a hidden portal leading to its past. There, she meets Nathan, a boy cursed by his witch mother to find lov...
33.5K 1K 43
Kai Summers is a Afro-Caribbean born immigrant to the US. Kai is humble and one of the sweetest persons you will ever meet although his living situat...
4.4M 123K 76
Kaidan is a young man in college, struggling for money. When he turns to an unconventional method of making money, he meets Jay, a mysterious man wit...
272K 8.6K 19
DISCLAIMER: (9 DEC 2019) This whole book was written years ago and there are many many many mistakes in my writing. I am currently editing from chapt...