Because You Love Me

By eternity_xx

*Completed* ||"Actually, Mr Parker. We were showing the new girl to her class." Seth says as he pushes me for... More

Chapter 2: Take a guess. No, you would never guess correctly. Jaydon Hamilton.
Chapter 3: Just because I'm fabulous, doesn't mean you are too.
Chapter 4: Josh Hutcherson finally realised that I'm his one true love?
Chapter 5: Um, who the hell hugs random strangers?
Chapter 6: Because locking people in a room makes you intelligent.
Chapter 7: But of course, this is reality. And reality sucks.
Chapter 8: Why is high school such a cruel place?
Chapter 9: Don't you know? I have magical powers that make salad talk to me.
Chapter 10: Actually, last time I checked, he was my boyfriend.
Chapter 11: One drink couldn't hurt right? Wrong.
Chapter 12: What is it about guys and their damn cars?
Chapter 13: I stand out like a kernel of corn in a bowl of peas.
Chapter 14: How did everything get so complicated?
Chapter 15: I am not a goody-goody.
Chapter 16: Sure, just drop it all on me then.
Chapter 17: What If I'd just eaten tuna for lunch? Mm, yum, so kissable.
Chapter 18: Wow, some people are just plain idiots.
Chapter 19: But what happened?
Chapter 20: What in the name of fudge is the 'bro code'?
Chapter 21: I hope this idiot realises the precious cargo he's carrying.
Chapter 22: I'm going to melt into a puddle of Hazel onto the floor.
Chapter 23: she looked at me like a tiger hunting her prey.
Chapter 24: Frazzled? Who even says that?
Chapter 25: I don't need this to be even more of a Highschool Musical moment.
Chapter 26: I'd most likely be on house arrest.
Chapter 27: Everyone's dancing around like an old-style movie.
Chapter 28: Hell, I don't even know if I could shoot anyone.
Chapter 29: I was expecting cement walls and metal bars if I'm honest.
Chapter 30: Well if I didn't feel like an idiot before, I do now.
Chapter 31: Like they say, once in a gang, always in a gang.
Chapter 32: As though there is no hope and my death is imminent.
Chapter 33: Ready for anything I was going to throw it at. Or anyone that is.
Chapter 34: What on earth can this girl not do?
Chapter 35: Thank God for these old damn floorboards.
Chapter 36: Honestly, I'm pretty sure crutches are supposed to help you walk.
Chapter 37: The past is the past, what's done is done. I'm only moving forward.
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 1: I don't think my brain has the word 'boyfriend' in its vocabulary.

25.2K 649 239
By eternity_xx

All copywrite belongs to me.

So no stealing please, thanks! xx

>>|<<

Chapter 1: I don’t think my brain has the word ‘boyfriend’ in its vocabulary.

Life can be miserable.

Some people think their lives are perfect. Perfect family, perfect friends, perfect looks, and perfect boyfriend.

But for me, every one of those things was either non-existent or miserable.

In Primary School, my parents grew out of love and divorced, my mum moved away and I stayed with my dad. I have no friends; no one ever even wanted to get to know me.

As for my looks, I gained weight to the point where I was heavier than my ninety-kilogram dad, I dyed my hair, I had braces, and just to top it off, I was stuck with the most hideous glasses known to man.

So, as you can probably guess, the perfect boyfriend is way off the list. In fact, I don’t even think my brain has the word ‘boyfriend’ in its vocabulary.

As I entered high school, I was bullied and harassed by most of the students, but by one person in particular.

And that persons name is Jaydon Hamilton.

He was the popular guy in school, and he was only year eight! Every guy envied him and every girl swooned for him, I mean I guess it had something to do with the fact that he looked like a sixteen year old supermodel rather than a fourteen year old student.

Oh, and I hated him.

Anyway, my life changed when my mum called me to come live with her to escape that hellhole, not that it made that much of a difference.

So I changed. I lost heaps of weight, my braces came off, I got laser eye surgery, and I let my hair grow into it’s natural colour, which happened to be a gorgeous light brown colour.

When I look at the transformation now, I have to admit, I do look pretty. I grew curves in the right places and had a growth spurt so I stand at about 5’8 now.

The phone ringing catches my attention and I pick it up before it rings out.

“Hello?” I ask.

“Hazel Williams?” A man asks.

“Speaking.” I reply.

“It’s dad.” He says.

A surprised expression comes over my face. I haven’t even spoken to my dad in years.

“Hi dad.” I manage.

“Gosh, you sound so older now. You’re seventeen now right?” He asks.

“Yes, that’s correct.” I reply, nodding even though he can’t see me.

“I have something for you to consider.” He says.

“And what’s that?” I ask.

“Well, you’ve lived with your mum for three years now, and I thought it should be my turn.” He states.

“Where is this going?” I ask suspiciously.

He sighs and the phone rattles a little like he’s switching ears.

“I want you to come live with me.”

I don’t know why I gave him the answer I did. Maybe it was because I missed him, maybe it was because I missed my real home, or maybe it was just because of the tone of his voice.

“Okay.” I whisper.

 >>|<<

As I hop off the plane and walk through customs, I smile at the American accents surrounding me. Not only did my mum just move away, but she moved to another freaking country!

Boston is where I belong. I didn’t live in the city, but only about half an hour away from it in a town called Juelston Valley. It was a homey town but still fairly populated, we also had lots of events happen regularly, which I used to love to attend, but stopped because nearly everyone I knew would be there and make some sort of public embarrassment out of me.

I’ve lived in Australia for three years now, and I’ll admit my accent started to dull. So now I have this American/Australian accent that mum loves.

As I get through customs, pick up my bag and head out into the Boston air, I look around for dad until I spot his brown hair and glasses.

As I approach, he looks at me and then away and then back at me again, doing a double take.

“Hazel?” He asks.

“Yep.” I smile.

He pulls me into a hug; I forgot how much I missed his bear hugs.

“Well, you look-”

He stops mid-sentence as he pulls away from me, looking for the right word.

“Different?” I suggest.

He smiles, “Different. But in a good way.”

I smile back at him, “Thanks dad.”

The drive back took about forty minutes because of traffic, but dad and I easily fulfilled that time talking about random subjects and singing our hearts out to good songs that came on the radio, something that we used to do all the time. I was always the closest to Dad, he and I just got along so much better than I did with my mum.

When we finally pull into the house, it looks exactly the same. Memories flood back to me, most of them bad, but I push them away and proceed to get my bags out of the car.

It’s different now, I’m different now.

I’ve even discovered a new-found confidence in me that I never knew I had, it’s one of the things that helped me survive my old school.

When I get in the house dad leads me to my old bedroom, not that I needed him too. As I open the door, I realise that everything is still the same. It makes my heart clench a little that dad couldn’t change it, I guess he really missed me.

“Thanks dad.” I smile.

“Dinner will be in twenty minutes.” He smiles and closes the door.

I start unpacking and put everything where it used to be.

When I walk out and come down the stairs, I giggle when I see dad in his feminine apron, looking at something in the oven.

“What’s for dinner?” I ask as I come in.

Dad smiles at me and then looks back to the oven, “Pizza.” He replies.

I giggle and roll my eyes, of course we would be having something that only needs to be heated. Dad and cooking just don’t seem to get along very well.

I notice him looking at the packet and then back to the oven with a confused expression.

I walk up to the oven and flick on the fan.

“Now it’s fan forced dad.” I grin.

He laughs and ruffles me hair, “Thanks Caterpillar.”

 I can’t help but smile when he used my nickname, he gave it to me when I was about five and I loved ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’, I would always pester dad to read it to me.

After we eat, my jetlag starts to kick in so I excuse myself to go to bed. Tomorrow is Sunday, so I still have a day before I go to school.

Unfortunately, school started in Boston two weeks ago, whereas it’s still holidays in Australia.

I sigh and sink into my bed, letting all my thoughts drift away and fall into a much-needed sleep.

 >>|<<

Sunday went past quicker than I hoped, probably because I didn’t wake up until one in the afternoon.

After I wake up on Monday morning, I quickly have a shower and get changed, dressing into my high-waisted shorts and a cute t-shirt, which I tuck in. I curl my light brown locks a little at the end, so that they flow down to my belly button. I apply my usual amount of make up, consisting of light foundation, a bit of eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. I always keep my make up very light and natural, girls that lather it on their faces just look fake and slutty.

When I’m happy with the way I look, I travel downstairs and grab an apple to munch on. Dad walks past in his crisp white button down shirt and smart tie. He looks at me and gives me a cheeky grin.

“What?” I eye him suspiciously

“I have a welcome home present for you.” He says as he walks to the front door, he turns and beckons me to follow him.

I sigh and grab my bag, trailing him out to the driveway, I look up and gasp.

A red Honda Civic sits in the driveway.

Dad puts something in my hand, “Have a good day, Caterpillar.” He says and walks back into the house.

I grin madly and jump up and down. Hopping into the car, I turn on the ignition and it purrs to life.

I start the drive to school and the car is awesome. Best. Dad. Ever.

I get a good parking spot out the front of the school. My nerves start to kick in and I breathe deeply.

I can do this.

With a new look of determination, I get out of the car and start to walk towards the front of the school.

Luckily, the administration is outside of the actual school, so I make it there without many people seeing me.

As I approach the front desk, the same lady is there when I went here three years ago, Mrs Tamith.

“Hello dear, how can I help you?” She asks.

Mrs Tamith was always my favourite. Whenever I got hit or hurt emotionally she would always be the one to console me.

“Mrs Tamith? It’s me, Hazel.” I reply.

She studies me for a second before she gasps.

“Hazel? Oh my, you’ve changed! You look beautiful.” She gushes.

I blush a little, “Thank you.”

She moves some papers around before finding the ones to give to me.

“Here’s your schedule Hazel. Have a great day.” She beams.

I smile and nod before walking out.

I take a deep breath as I approach the front of the school, people look at me as I go in. Once I take the first step through the doors, the scent of the school drowns my nose and I continue walking to find my locker.

Everyone looks at me as I walk past, a few of the faces I don’t know, most others bring back haunting memories of when I was bullied.

It seems as though they don’t recognise me, like I really was someone new.

When I finally find my locker I start piling my things in there. I feel a presence behind me and turn my head.

Two guys stand there smirking at me, I gasp a little when I realise who they are.

Zach Collins and Seth Mathews. Zach has dark brown hair and light brown eyes, while Seth has jet black hair and grey eyes. I notice they have had a massive growth spurt and now tower over me, they have obviously been working out over the years, their muscles on their arms show me that.

They are Jaydon’s best mates, and part of his many plans to toy with me.

“Can I help you?” I speak up.

Zach smirks, “The pretty new girl is confident?”

I scoff and roll my eyes, turning back to my locker, “I need to get to class.”

Seth leans against the locker next to mine, “At least give us a name.” He winks.

If I tell them now, they’ll know who I am.

I notice that most of the halls are empty now, a few stragglers wandering around.

“Sorry, I don’t really want to be late on my first day.” I say as I shut the locker, but before I can see where my first class is, Zach already took my schedule and is now looking over it. At least it doesn’t have my name on it.

He smiles, like actually smiles. I thought that was impossible for people like Zach.

“You have English with Seth and I. Come on, follow us.” He grabs my arm and I sigh but start walking with them, both guys by my sides.

We finally get to class and Zach and Seth lead me in.

I peek behind their very muscular backs and see some of the class, all of the faces I recognise.

“Ah, Mr Collins and Mr Mathews. So glad you could join us.” The teacher says sarcastically.

“Actually, Mr Parker. We were showing the new girl to her class.” Seth says as he pushes me forward, in front of the whole class.

Seriously, how many people can they have in one class? There are like fifty people in here!

“Oh! And who do we have here?” Mr Parker asks. I remember him; he used to be my English teacher.

I sigh and look to the class, my eyes instantly lock with the most gorgeous blue eyes.

His messy blonde hair is styled in a sexy looking quiff, you can see the muscles showing from his thin grey shirt and he looks to be quite tall, even though he’s sitting down. It’s only a second before I realised who it is, Jaydon Hamilton.

I don’t move my eyes away from him as I speak.

“Hazel Williams.”

The whole class gasps.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

So this is my new story and if anyones reading it I hope you enjoy it :)

If you thought it was good please vote and/or comment, that'd be amazing!

Thanks xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 82.9K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
399 70 17
Yes, she's not wrong. I don't deserve Hazel. I don't even deserve a single drop of love. I shouldn't even start that fuckin game. It's all my fault n...
17.9K 554 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...
7K 194 54
"Listen I know we've been flirting and shit but that doesn't mean I like you, okay" I cross my arms again and slightly smirk. He smirks down at me an...