Funny how love works (A Spoby...

By Kelys151

Spencer and Toby are now living their current lives separatly. They haven't seen each other since the breakup... More

Chapter 1: Hello again
Chapter 2: Cookies and Sundays
Chapter 3: This is A Goodbye
Chapter 4: the Fight
Chapter 5: The Decision
Chapter 6: Detective Hanna
Chapter 8: Nobody knows where we mind end up
Chapter 9: Post it and Memories
Chapter 10: Limerence
Chapter 11: Together even in pain
Chapter 12: Don't Let Go
Chapter 13: Happiness never last
Chapter 14: A.D and misery
Chapter 15: Keys & Blackmail
Chapter 16: Pictures & Pills
Chapter 17: Explanations
Chapter 18: Police or Secrets ?
Chapter 19: To trust or not
Chapter 20: Worst day of their lives
Chapter 21: Ohhh the guilt
Chapter 22: How do you feel ?
Chapter 23: This Weird Computer
Chapter 24: A Good night of Sleep
Chapter 25: I know who A.D is
Chapter 26: The End of a bad Period
Last chapter: An Unusual Wedding
A/N 1K ❤️

Chapter 7: Troubles

276 8 10
By Kelys151

A/N: i'm sorry if you don't like dialogues cause' this chapter in like 80% of them. 
Enjoy :) 

Toby's POV

It has been a few days and we still haven't got any apartment, or told anyone else that we're back, or together. I know we should but, Spence and I think we should "warn" our exes before the others, in case anything goes wrong. I'm going to call Yvonne this afternoon and Spencer will go to Jack's, it's the right thing but i'm kind of scared, for both of us actually. What we did was awful and wrong but, maybe they'll understand. 

- Honey, are you going to be okay? Do you want me to come with you? I say with concern

- You're sweet but i have to do this alone. She responds while putting on jeans. 

I go near her and say between kisses "Maybe-we-should-just-do-this-later" 

- Tobyyyy, we have to do this if we want to enjoy 100% of our relationship

- *i laugh*We're married so If this isn't 100%, i look forward to tomorrow. And if you have a few minutes we could enjoy 99% of our relationship *i tease her* 

She chuckles, kisses me, takes her purse and start going to the front door. 

- Spence! I yell 

- You can wait a few hours Toby can't you? *chuckles* 

- *laughs* No it's your shirt honey...

-What's wrong with it? she asks with a surprised, cute voice

- It's mine ! 

- Oh. I'll just put a jacket on, it's too comfy i can't take it off. She smiles and go. 

Ok, now, I really have to call Yvonne. Shit, I really don't think i have her number anymore. I only have a few (Spencer, Hanna, Caleb) because Spence threw the last phone i had. Maybe Hanna has it. 

- Han?!! Where are you?? 

- Kitchen!         // I run to her

- Hey, do you know if- 

-Wow, put some shirt on boy xP Caleb's gonna get jealous

- Spencer has it ahah. 

- Take this, just finished the laundry *she hands me one* Where did she go anyway ? She asks while getting a bite of her apple

- We decided to tell the others... 

- Ohh, don't worry, Emily's not going to be mad- 

- By "the others", I mean Jack and Yvonne 

- Ah, good luck guys. But Spence's smart and Jack is a nice guy, he'll understand... Maybe.

- Don't make me more worried than I'm already am please, even if she left him for me i'm afraid that he'll make a big declaration and she'll come back to him or something.

- Toby Toby Toby... You're so naiveee . Ever since you two lovebirds came back, she talks to me 24/7 about you. How she made the right choice, how you're amazing etc... You shouldn't worry a bit about this. And just thinking, how you're going to contact Yvonne? She lives far away now and I don't have any address. 

- That's what I wanted to ask you. Since i can't talk to her in person, i just wanted to call or facetime her. Do you still have her number? I've lost my repertory when i left. 

-Sure, Left top drawer of the desk in my office. Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------

Ok,ok,ok. Why am I so stressed? I know Yvonne, she'll understand, she's a comprehensive girl. Maybe it will be good for the both of us, the fact that she yells her frustration or something (if she has any) could help. Ok, here we go. It's ringing, 

- Allo? I say

- Allo, who is this? Yvonne replies. Oh right, I've changed my number. 

- It's me.... *You can feel shame in my voice* 

- Oh my... Toby? 

- I'm so sorry Yvonne

- If you were that confused and unsure about everything, why didn't you just tell me??? Do you realize how i must have felt, for weeks I've wondered and thought of why you would leave, i thought it was my fault. Please just why? 

- First of all, i'm very deeply sorry for this, you have absolutely nothing to do with me leaving. I'd have unfortunately done the same thing even if my fiance would have been another girl. 

-What do you mean? I'm confused. 

- I haven't been totally honest with you... It's Spencer, 

-What about her. Did you know she left like the day after you? poor Jake was devastated. 

- Spencer wasn't only my best friend in high school... She was my girlfriend, my first love and i still had feelings for her, even before she came back. But when she did, i tried to pull them aside, I really did, because i loved you, i really wanted us to work. But it was too hard. 

- You left me because of your high-school girlfriend?  She had a fiance when she was in Rosewood Toby! She raises her voice

- You have the right to yell at me, it's normal, I betrayed you. But i have to get this out of my chest... *i breathe* When you left the engagement party, Spencer and I got into a fight. We stopped at some point but it was really late, everyone was gone. One thing led to another and we kissed. And, i don't know if i realized this then or during the fight but, i knew i needed to leave, i couldn't lie to you anymore, or her. 

- *I hear her crying a bit* Is- Is that why she left too? 

- We ran away. And we just got back like a week ago. I wanted to tell you, you deserve to know, you deserve to be happy Yvonne. 

- Are you happy? She asks with a serious tone

- What? 

- Are you happy, with her? 

- More than you can imagine... Again I'm so sorry but, she saved me, she was one of the first persons with Emily that considered me as a real human. She's my first love and i always knew deep down that she'll be my last. 

- Listen, we all make mistakes, and sometimes, things that may seem like mistakes turn into something that we can call anything but that. I was devastated and i felt betrayed, but at least, i didn't suffer for nothing. If you are beyond happy with Spencer Hastings then be it. I wasn't the right one for you.

- Wow, you're the bigger man here. You're taking the news surprisingly good... I say, amazed

- I'm a lawyer and you defended yourself pretty well.  *silence* Do you have anything you wanted to say? 

- Actually, yes. If you need anything, ever, like carpentry stuff or i don't know. Just ask me, i owe you. 

- Okay, thank you then. Actually, i have one question... It's pretty weird to discuss this with you but you seem to know the subject. 

- Anything. 

- I have this, high-school best-friend of mine who lives here, i haven't talked to him since I've met you but, i used to like him, a lot. But he's not single. Do you think i should tell him?? If you don't want to answer it's fine really. 

- The last time i didn't tell the person, I've almost missed my chance with her so, if you're sure about your feelings , just go for it because if you don't, you'll keep wondering "what if".

- I'll think this through. 

- Hope everything will work our for you Yvonne. Goodbye then. 

- Bye. 

She hangs up. Okkk, this was cool and so weird at the same time. I knew she was comprehensive but, it was like she knew all along what was going on. Anyway, i hope things will work out with the friend of hers. 

*door slams* Heyyyyy, I'm back!!!!

- You're home early! *I come and hug her* How did it go? 

- Very well actually, he did not show any anger, sadness, or any emotion while i was at his place. He said it wasn't my fault and that he has to left for something. That's why i left early. I'm glad it's over! And Yvonne? Did you contact her? 

- *i laugh a bit*

- Why are you laughing? *she smiles* 

- It was very, simple. She actually asked me for dating advises it was weird ahah. 

- That's because you charmed her with your amazing voice over the phone *she chuckles*

- Jake could not feel any emotion because you look so stunning he could not believe it was real. I respond. 

- aww, Are Hanna and Caleb still here? 

- Caleb left before you and Hanna went grocery shopping 15 minutes ago i think. Why?? 

She gives me a look

- Well, since we're off the hook, maybe we could enjoy 100% of our marriage don't you think?? She starts taking off her jacket, than my shirt (the one she had on). We start to kiss very passionately and land on the couch. She takes off my shirt and we make out for a while, half naked on our friends couch.

*BAMBAMBAM* 

We ignore it. *BAMBAMBAM* *BAMBAMBAM* 

 " COMIIIING!! JUST A SEC" I yell.  

Spencer gets off me and puts on a shirt just in case. I open the door to get a fist in my face and i fall on the floor. What the fuck?? Who's this? 

"Jake!" Spencer yells.
Damn!  I knew it was too easy to be real. 

" I told you it wasn't your fault, but HE could have just controlled himself!" I get up and he punches me again. 

I punch him back. 

"Toby!" "Spence he started th-" I get interrupted. 

We engage an "intense" fight between the front door and the stairs with Spencer yelling us to stop. I Would but if I do i know he won't. 

" JAKE PLEASE! I'm sorry but you have to let go" he stops and says nothing. "I think you should go" she continues

She opens the door and he leaves quietly. Without closing, she touches the bruises on my face " Are you okay Tob's? I'm so sorry" Before i can answer i hear a scream and feel a unknown pain on my face. Then, everything went black. 

Spencer's POV

- What is wrong with you?!! I start crying // I see Hanna and Caleb's car behind. 

"I... I.... I don't" 

-JUST GET OUT!!! DON'T YOU THINK YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH?! 

" I'm sorry Spencer let me help..." 

- Spencer? What happened? Why are you crying? Caleb asks nervously while Hanna runs inside" 

" I'm calling 911" she yells 

"They, they got into a fight" I say between two tears "I couldn't stop it" 

- Please Spencer let me do something... Jake tries to say 

" JUST GET OUT OR I CALL THE COPS!" the three of us yell / he runs away. 

I try to wake Toby up, he's breathing but he's not moving or anything. I kiss him, slap him, nothing. I cry more and more.

- Calm down Spencer. The paramedics are coming everything is going to be alright. Hanna hugs me tight. 

- It's my fault, I should have known it was going to happen. He was too calm and comprehensive. Everyone wants revenge. 

-Shhhhh, don't blame yourself, it's no one's fault. 

At the hospital, they just got off the ambulance (4pm)

" Unconscious trauma!!! Paige hunt!" I hear 
They move him very quickly around the hospital, i follow them with Hanna and Caleb after me. 
"Mam' I'm gonna ask you to go into the waiting room. We don't allow family or visitors here. The doctor will come to you ASAP" 
I stop and let Toby's bed roll into the next room. I see blood, everywhere. It's all blurry and black.. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up about 3 hours later or so according to the clock. I'm on a chair and Hanna's reading next to me. 

-Wh- What happened? 

- You passed out earlier so we carried you up here. Caleb is talking to the doctors. 

- Where. Where is Toby? I ask. Is he okay?? 

- We don't know, that's what Caleb is trying to find out. Don't worry Spencer, everything's going to be okay. 

I was about to reply but i see that Caleb is coming back. 

" Where is he? Is he okay? Tell me he's fine please Caleb" 

- Room 119, that's what they told me, Dr Sheperd is waiting for "his wife".
He smiles at me with a "you can go" look. 

I go find the number 119 and see my husband. He's in a bed obviously. Bruises all over his beautiful face. I don't see any machine or anything. That's good right??? He has a big bandage over his head, a buzz cut too. 

"Mme? " i hear a voice "Hi, I'm Amelia Shepherd, the neurosurgeon"
" Humm, Hi" I say nervously 
" There has been some complications..." 

DUMDUMDUMMMMM *dramatic cliffhanger music* 
I'm trying to put some drama in this story so, here is my first light try, hope you'll like it. Don't forget to rate or leave a comment, it's really useful :)

Thank you guys and see you on chapter 8. It will probably be called "Santuary". They grey's anatomy watchers will unfortunately what is probably going to happen (unless it's a trick). ++ :P  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 183 23
• "Since you know Ms. Hastings is your mom, why don't you call her 'Mom'?" "Because, she wasn't there for me for the past fourteen years and she does...
421K 7.8K 68
Spencer Hastings has the most scandalous and juciest news about her and when people found out, they gave her hell for it. As she meets new guy, Toby...
456 41 13
Spencer Hastings has always been quiet and afraid of Love she keep saying no to the marriage her parents want get her involved with and she not wanti...
100K 2.6K 36
*Completed* Toby Cavanaugh and his daughter Lily have been alone for almost 3 years. What happens when Lily finally goes to school and Spencer is her...