Queen of the Swords & Lord of...

By OBrien_has_Stiles

Secrets are secrets, and Esmeralda's path is unknown to her. But walls start breaking down, and she finds out... More

Queen of Swords & Lord of the Rings (a LOTR fanfic)
Part 1 - To Know Chapter 1: The Fellowship
To Know - Chapter 2 - The Fellowship is off
To Know - Chapter 3 - And so it begins
To Know - Chapter 4 - Lifes shall be shaken
To Know - Chapter 5 - Walls of Moria
To Know - Chapter 6 - Darkness surrounds us
To Know - Chapter 7 - We need a break
To Know - Chapter 8 - They are coming
To Know - Chapter 9 - Even the strongest fall
To Know - Chapter 10 - Please come back
To Know - Chapter 11 - I'm fine
To Know - Chapter 12 - The Past comes back to me
To Know - Chapter 13 - Gently down the stream
Part 2 - To Feel - Chapter 1 - A long run
To Feel - Chapter 2 - I'm glad to have our wizard back
To Feel - Chapter 3 - Time alone
To Feel - Chapter 4 - Off to Helms Deep
To Feel - Chapter 6 - Seeking answers and purpose
To Feel - Chapter 7 - Dangerous obstacles
To Feel - Chapter 8 - Victories in Wars
Part 3 - To Love - Chapter 1 - Victorious Feast
To Love - Chapter 2 - Captive
To Love - Chapter 3 - Star Gazing
To Love - Chap 4

To Feel - Chapter 5 - Over the edge

2K 73 16
By OBrien_has_Stiles

To Feel - Chapter 5 - Over the edge

This is the last chapter before I go back to school. I hope you like it and I made it specially long.

~ ~ ~ ~ Esme's P.O.V ~ ~ ~ ~

After a while we stopped to make camp at a lake. It was nearing sundown and the people were weary. Those with tents, put them up, and those who didn't tried to make themselves comfortable for the nights rest. I was given two tents for Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and I to share.

I found a large enough spot that was flat, and I started pitching one of the tents. Soon, Aragorn came and helped me finish pitching it and then helped me with the last one.

"Aragorn, where are the other two?" I asked him, concerned for my other two friends.

"Legolas is scouting around to make sure there are no dangers, and I believe Gimli is looking for something to eat and drink."

"Of course he is, probably looking for a mug of mead." I giggled at the thought, and I finished sticking a pen into the ground. I stood up and looked at Aragorn, who seemed to be finished with the other side of the tent.

"Thank you for helping me pitch the tents." I smiled at him.

"Your welcome," he smiled back at me. "I'm just going to go sit over there." He pointed out a rock a few meters away and made his way towards it.

I made my way over to a nearby tree and climbed up it's branches to the top. I set myself down on a sturdy branch, and I looked out over the site. I saw people eating, laughing and talking. I scanned my eyes over the area and I spotted Gimli walking past Eowyn. She asked him something and it looked as if he refused. I kept my eyes on Eowyn as she advanced towards Aragorn. I strained my ears so could hear them.

"I made some stew. It isn't much, but it's hot." She said to him, filling a bowl and handed it to him. While this was happening, Legolas had climbed up to join me in the tree.

"Hello, what are you looking at?" I shushed him and pointed out Aragorn and Eowyn at him. Together we silently watched their exchange. Aragorn had excepted, and had taken the bowl from her hand. I leaned forward as Aragorn went and took a bite. He seemed to stop and his eyebrows lifted. He chewed softly and he seemed to have trouble swallowing the mouthful.

"It's good." He chocked.

"Really?" She smiled and began to walk away. I clenched my teeth together so I wouldn't start laughing and I watched eagerly at Aragorn's movements.

He began to pour the stew onto the ground, checking to make sure Eowyn didn't see.

"He's going to die tonight," I whispered to Legolas. "Death by stew." I let out a giggle as Eowyn turned around and Aragorn rushed to put the bowl upright and in front of him.

"My uncle told me a strange thing. He said that you rode to war with Thengel, my grandfather. But he must be mistaken." She told him.

"King Théoden has good memory. He was only a small child at the time." He murmured silently and I had to strain my ears to hear him.

"Then you must be at least sixty," She gasped.

"Nope, guess again." I whispered.

"No," Aragorn sighed.

"Seventy? You can not be eighty?" She exclaimed.

"Older."

"Eighty seven." Aragorn murmured softly.

"You are one of the Dunedain. A descendant of Numenor, blessed with long life. It was said that your race has passed into legend." Eowyn said.

"There are few of us left. The Northern Kingdom was destroyed long ago." He explained.

"I'm sorry. Please, eat." Eowyn smiled, motioning to the half full bowl before walking away. Aragorn stared at the stew as if it was going to eat him. Not controlling myself any longer, I let myself laugh out loud, making Aragorn look up at me in the tree. I jumped down and landed firmly on me feet, still laughing. I walked towards him, not caring for the glare he sent me. I suppressed my giggles and looked at him seriously.

"So... The soup good?" A slight blush broke out on his cheeks and I couldn't help but start laughing again.

"It's not funny!" He grumbled back at me.

"Oh please! It was hilarious! And you would be laughing too if I was in your situation. Don't you agree with me, Legolas?" I turned to look at him, who had followed me down the tree with a hint of a smile on his lips.

"I'm going to agree with Esme on this one." He told him and smiled at him apologetically.

"Ugh, you two are mean." He huffed out, before adding, "I'm not going to sleep with either of you tonight. I'm going to sleep in the tent with Gimli." He got up and walked off, not before tipping out the rest of the stew in a nearby bush. I chuckled at his retreating figure, before turning to look at Legolas.

"I don't think he got that one right. He's stuck with a loud snoring Gimli tonight, and it was all on himself!" I exclaimed happily.

"Poor Aragorn. He won't be getting the best night's sleep tonight." Legolas commented, throwing one of his arms over my shoulders. His comment sent me giggling again, and I lent on him for support.

"Come. Let's go back up the tree and talk." I told him, once I calmed down.

So we talked far into the night. As the sun went down and the stars came, we told each other many things. We told each other stories from our homes, and we talked about the little things too. It was only when the moon was up high and the stars were shining brightly, did we decide that we should get some sleep.

We silently climbed down the tree and entered our tent, making sure it was closed tightly before getting our bed rolls ready, which were lended to us from Théoden. The tent was small and we were lying next together quite closely. After I whispered 'good night' I turned to face the tent and I fell asleep.

* * * * *

Groggily, I woke up and I struggled to open my eyes. Everything was blurry and my eyes took a minute to clear. When I could see properly, the first thing I noticed was how close Legolas' sleeping face was to mine. Then I noticed his warm hand wrapped tightly around my waist, and the tangle of our legs. I leaned back as far as I could go, but Legolas' arms around me prevented me from going much further.

Slowly and quietly, I unwrapped Legolas's arms from around me. My upper body now free, I looked down to look at my legs which were tangled with his. I bit my lip and slowly slipped my left leg out from under his. My left leg free, I started to work on my right. Legolas suddenly shifted and I stopped moving. He settled and I let out a breath of air I was holding. I began to move my leg out again, but heel slowly hit his foot. The next moment was a blur and I opened my eyes to find Legolas straddling me and his hands holding my shoulders down. I let out a big breath of air from the sudden movement, and I grunted underneath him.

"Sorry, I woke you." I whispered as I looked into his eyes. The alert vanished from his eyes, before his eyes went soft.

"Sorry," He whispered back to me and loosened his hold on my shoulders, but he didn't get off.

"It's alright." I told him quietly, not breaking our eye contact. He held my gaze while leaning down closer to me. We were only centimeters apart now, though none of us made a move of separating. I took this moment to study him carefully. His blue eyes held their usual spark in them, and were still dark from sleep. His nose was slightly turned up in a cute way. His smooth cheekbones and his strong jaw. Last, I looked at his soft, full pink lips. They were slightly parted and in that moment I wanted to kiss him.

I looked back up to his eyes, to see he was staring at my lips too. In this time, I didn't notice the gap between us was getting smaller and smaller, and now our faces were only a finger width apart. I stared deep into his eyes, as he did the same with me. In a sudden movement, Legolas' lips were on mine, capturing me in a kiss that made my close my eyes.

His mouth was still against mine, and slowly started move his lips on my lips. I slowly kissed back and relished this moment. His hands were next to me, holding his body weight up. I let my hands cup his face as our lips moved quicker. It soon became very heated, and our lips were dancing to an upturned beat.

My hands were now wrapped in his long, soft blonde hair. I pulled our bodies closer, which seemed impossible. Our mouths, which were fighting against each other, slowed down into loving kisses that sent me in a whole other world of bliss. We soon broke apart, and we both caught our breaths as we stared at each other.

Finally realizing the situation we were in, Legolas rolled off me back onto his bedroll, before standing and walking out the tent. I pulled down my top, which had risen during the little kissing session, and stood up. I fixed my hair into a fishtail braid down my back, and rolled up my bedroll. I put everything back inside my pack, before walking out the tent, my pack with me. I went up to Hasufel and saddled him up. After I finished, I went around and helped families gather up their things. The place was up and buzzing, and it wasn't long before we were on the move again.

For most of the day I had avoided Legolas. I stayed by Aragorn as Legolas scouted ahead. I mostly kept to myself, and I tried to avoid talking to people. Thoughts about this morning kept swimming around in my head, and I couldn't seem to stop them.

Why did he kiss me?

Why did I kiss back?

Does he like me?

Of course he doesn't, no one can like me?

But do you like him?

I had asked that same question over and over in my head, trying to see sense. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a yell. I looked up to see Aragorn dash away somewhere further ahead. He came sprinting back and grabbed Hasufel's reigns.

"What is it? What did you see?" Théoden asked Aragorn.

"Wargs! We're under attack!"

"Get them out of here!" He commanded Théoden as he swiftly mounted Hasufel. I ran up and jumped up behind him. He turned to glance at me before turning and leading Hasufel towards where Legolas stood.

"All riders to the head of the column!" Yelled Théoden as soldiers began to emerge from the crowd. We caught up to Legolas, who stood firing arrows at incoming Wargs and Orcs. He stopped quick enough to leap up onto a charging Arod. I was awed at his movements, but I faced forward as we began to advance to the Wargs.

We came with a clash and slashing of swords. I jumped off Hasufel's back and sent my sword through the head of a Warg. I sent a swing at it's rider's stomach before blocking an advancing Orc's blow. I sent my sword through it's stomach before flinging myself at another Warg. I sliced it's head clean off, before dissipating it's rider's.

A warg charged past me, dragging Aragorn with it. I leaped onto it's back and struggled to get Aragorn's hand, which was caught on the saddle, free. I was busy struggling to get his hand free to notice the cliff we were advancing.

But it was too late, and we were both sent over the edge.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dun Dun Dun!!!!!!! CLIFFHANGER! LOL get it -cliff-hanger

Sorry that was a lame excuse of a joke

Anyways, until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45 0 14
Elora starts having nightmares of The Dark Lord. She's now having her first child while a new threat is rising and Middle Earth is once again dragged...
66 0 10
It's been a year since Legolas became King after his father and Thranduil sailed. Elvira spends time as much as she can with her parents in middle ea...
273K 6.7K 36
Sarah can trust no one. Her secret about who she is, is vital she keeps it to herself. As the fellowship of the ring continues she realises what is h...
37 0 20
Elora wants to take back her throne. But it's not that easy as she thinks. What happens when Legolas gets kidnapped by Livia? Will Elora be able to t...