Remember Me [F I N I S H E D...

By StoryGirl5169

Rosalie-Marylin 'Rose-Mary' Bloomwood is a small town country girl who would rather spend her days working on... More

Author's Note
Remember Me [1]
Remember Me [3]
Remember Me [4]
Remember Me [5]
Remember Me [6]
Remember Me [7]
Remember Me [8]
Remember Me [9]
Remember Me [10]
Remember Me [11]
Remember Me [12]
Remember Me [13]
Remember Me [14]
Remember Me [15]
Remember Me [16]
Remember Me [17]
Remember Me [18]
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!
Remember Me [19]
Remember Me [20]

Remember Me [2]

3.1K 47 40
By StoryGirl5169

                                           - C H A P T E R  T W O - 

Dad forced Harry to camp out on the sofa tonight so Eric could take his room. It was funny to watch Harry moan and act like an immature little kid who did not want to share their bedroom with others. Dad said Eric was only going to be sleeping in Harry’s room for one night and the next night he’d be sleeping in the attic upstairs. In the attic was a single bed, an empty wardrobe, boxes of old things and spiders. Rats too. Harry begged dad to let Eric sleep up there but dad said he needed to clear it out first and that it'd be done within a day.

I was sleeping peacefully, enjoying my dream but I was awoken but a loud shriek. It probably woke up the whole town.
Jumping out of bed, I walked into Harry’s bedroom to find three chickens and two hens jumping around on the floor. I smacked my forehead and slid my hand down my face as I watched him try to poke the chickens away with the umbrella that he had found somewhere. Harry appeared from behind me, laughing. I gave him an evil look, knowing it was him who had left the gate open, again.

"Harry," I hissed. "What is wrong with you?"

"Sorry," he apologised but he didn't seem very apologetic at all. "I thought they needed some freedom."

"That's what you think all the time," I retorted but when Harry began to laugh again, I did too.

He walked away and left me to rescue Eric again from the chickens that were aliens in his world. I walked towards them. There was only five, less than yesterday. I picked up the two smallest ones and took them back outside and back to where they were supposed to be. I did the same with the other three.

"You have to learn to grow up." I smirked.

"Hey, it's not my fault I have chicken phobia." Eric folded his arms.

"Whatever," I shook my head, giggling. "I'll buy you some toothbrushes and stuff. Be good when I go."

"Why are you talking to me like I'm five?" He asked.

"Maybe if you acted your age, I would talk to you like you are...whatever age you are," I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. “Dad’s going into town to get stuff for you so just let him know what you want.”

“Chocolate?”

“No.”

“I’m just kidding Rose,” he laughed. “Nice PJ’s by the way.” He snorted.

I looked down at my pyjamas and realised what he was talking about. So I was a little old to have Barbie on my pyjamas but hey, I love those shows.

Not knowing what to say, I turned around and started to walk. “At least I don’t scream like a little girl when I see chickens.”

“Little girl?” He scoffed, getting out of bed, “I do not scream like a girl.”

“Really? You’re going to deny it,” I said, turning around again so I was facing him.

“Barbie PJ’s are worse.”

“Are not!”

“Are too!”

I grabbed one of the cushions and hit him with it on his head. I don’t care if he lost his memory or has a headache. This was war.  

He grabbed another and hit me back. Before we knew it, we had started a pillow fight. I wasn’t going to give up until he surrendered that…idiot. Barbie PJ’s are awesome.

“Girls, girls, girls,” a voice said from behind me. Eric and I instantly stopped the pillow fight and threw it back like nothing ever happened. “What’s going on here?”

“Mr. Ray,” Eric said.

“Tom,” dad corrected.

“I’m a boy,” he corrected. “Well man.”

“I see,” dad said slowly, smiling a little, “I just forgot because the way you two were acting was like Rose having a slumber party in high school.”

“Those were the times,” I sighed.

“Now, tell me what is going on.”

“She attacked me because I had a headache and wouldn’t get out of bed,” he lied.

“You liar!” I exclaimed. “That’s not what happened.”

“Don’t call me a liar!” He said, a little offended but I could see him smirking under his little act.

“Liar, liar, liar!” I teased.

“Don’t call me a-“

“Rose, Eric,” dad said. “Stop this. I’m going to town and I want to come home and find you two alive. Not dead after strangling each other.”

“Sorry dad,” I apologised.

“Yeah, I’m sorry too dad.” Eric copied.

“Oh, shut up,” I rolled my eyes.

"And Eric," dad said to him. "I've finished clearing up the attic so you can sleep there tonight." 

"Thank you," Eric thanked, smiling. 

"Where'd you put all the stuff?" I asked. "Basement?" 

"Yes," dad answered. "I managed to squeeze them in." 

"Oh," I said. "Anyway, I'm going to the bathroom," I told them and walked out of the room. I heard footsteps behind me, going to different directions, one down the stairs and the other up the stairs, where the attic was. 

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. After brushing my hair, I tied it into a pony tail and suddenly heard beeping coming from outside. I ran outside and saw Eric, that idiot, sitting inside my brown truck. So it wasn't the car of my dreams but I was getting a proper one soon. Or that's what dad told me. 

"Nice car you've got here," he grinned.

"How the hell did you get inside?" I asked, trying to remember if I locked the door or not.

“I hot wired it, duh,” I stared at him shocked. He hot wired my car? "Rose, I was kidding. Harry let me in so I could take it for a spin.”

“Take it for a spin? I don’t think so.”

“Oh come on,” he begged.  

“No, no way!” I folded my arms and looked away while he tried to do his puppy face.

“Oh come on Rose,” a new voice said, punching my arm softly.

“No, Harry.” I punched him back but much harder.

“Is she always so bossy?” Eric asked Harry.

“Are you kidding me? Ever since she was-” I shot Harry an angry look and he shook his head. “Nope, she’s an angel.”

I turned my head back to see Eric grinning. I was guessing Harry was nodding his head. He did know I could see him from the reflection of the car window? Why does it feel like I’m older than him sometimes?

“Now, get out of my car,” I demanded. He did as I instructed and I quickly locked the door with the keys that Harry had stolen off me somehow. "Eric, are you feeling any better?" I asked him with a grin.

"I guess so," he replied, "much better than yesterday."

"Good," I smirked. "You can help out in the farm."

He gulped, looking worried. "The farm?"

I nodded my head and pulled his hand. He so had to stop being so afraid of animals and begin to work with them and also he had to have fun.

“But, what about my breakfast?” He asked.

“Forget about that.”

*** 

I so give up! Eric is useless, clumsy, terrible with animals and the list goes on. He couldn’t do anything right with any of the animals. I tried to get him to milk the cows but all his did was squirt the milk on my face. I tried to teach him how to take care of a bull but he didn’t listen and almost got us killed by it. He got chased again by the chickens for pulling out one of the feathers when trying to get an egg and he bit on the butt by a duck called Bitey. There is a reason why it was named Bitey. And lastly he poked a lamb in the eye after trying to stoke its head like it was a dog. 

“Eric, don’t take this the wrong way but…” I took in a deep breath. “You’re absolutely hopeless and rubbish with animals. You can’t do a simple job right. How can a person be like that?”

I repeated everything that I had just said back in my head and realised that was a little harsh. I glanced at Eric’s face and he looked shocked and taken aback. Now I regretted saying it.

“I’m sorry,” I apologised, “I didn’t mean to-“

Then he started to laugh. “Do you think you’ve hurt my feelings? Because everything you’ve just said is true so I’m not going to end up in tears.”

“Oh,” I murmured, “that’s good. But you are terrible with them. I mean who pokes a sheep in the eye?”

He chuckled. “Um…now can I have my breakfast?”

I had totally forgotten about that. “Sorry! I forgot. Let’s go!”

We walked on the grass and enjoyed the cool breeze that raced past us. Purposely, I made us go to the house the long way so I could tire him out. On our way, I decided to show him the vegetable field. 
I sighed, sadly as I looked at the colourless place. The vegetables wern't growing and all the crops were all dying. It hadn't rained for almost a month and because of the loss of water, nothing was growing properly anymore. Most of the crops had already died and the vegetables hadn't even grown yet. 
The field is too big for us to water it alone and the wont get enough water anyway. We needed the rain but there was no sign of it for a long time.

"What's happened here?" Eric asked me.

Sighing agian, I opened my mouth to speak. "It hasn't rained for a while now so everythings dying and nothing is growing."

Eric looked at me sadly. "It'll rain soon."

"You think so?"

"I know so," he smiled. Just then his smile grew bigger like he had a plan up his sleeve. 

"What?" 

"Nothing," he said, "it's really nothing." 

"Yeah right. Now tell me." 

"Rose, I mean it. It's nothing." 

"Fine, don't tell me." 

I turned around and started walked again past the barn. Eric ran up behind me and walked at the same pace as me. He nudged me and stared at the barn. 

“You guys have horses?” He asked, amazed.

“Yeah,” I nodded, “We’ve had them since we lived here.”

“I love horses!”

“You do?” I raised an eyebrow and he nodded. “Want to go see them?”

“Yes!” He squealed like a girl and we walked inside.

"This is Twilight," I introduced Eric to the American Saddlebred, Twilight as we entered the barn.

Twilight was a black horse and his main was also black. The hair on his body was soft and it was nice to touch. He is so gentle and kind and he would never hurt anyone. He loves it when you stroke him and he loves to eat apples and carrots. Twilight is like a best friend anyone would want.

"Wow," Eric gasped.

"He's one of the new horses but he is an amazing horse and he is so gentle and I'm sure you'll love him," I said, without stopping and then breathed in for air.

"Okay, I'll give him ago," he said.

I opened the stable door and we both entered, locking the door behind us. I grabbed Twilight's numnah and saddle and put it over him, making sure it was put on properly.  

Eric was really eager to ride the horse but I had to teach him the basics first or he'll end up like how he ended up with the chickens and ducks and I didn't have enough energy left to save him.

"I don't need to be taught," he said.

"Do you want to die?" I asked.

"Horse riding is as simple as pie," he compared.

"Fine," I sighed again and finished putting on the saddle. I gave him his helmet and he refused to wear it so instead of arguing with him, I said 'okay' and let him do what he wanted to. Arguing with him was way too much trouble for me.

Eric managed to get on the horse quite easily and for once he wasn't being bitten or poking anyone's eyes or chased or had milk squirted at anyone's face. He was doing something right for once and that formed a smile on my face. Finally.  

I went to get on my horse, who was called Sunset and she rode like a dream. She was an American Saddlebred too and her hair was a shiny golden/brown colour. I've had her for three years and she has never let me down. I loved it when the wind ran through her cream coloured main. She and Twilight were my favourite horses in the stables. They both had similar personalities and they both love carrots.

After tacking up, I went to check on Eric with Sunset. I was surprised when I saw that Eric was a natural at riding. Had he ever riding a horse before?

“Have you ever ridden horses before?”

"I...can't remember," he said, scrunching up his face.

I didn't say anything. I decided that we would go to the field and have some fun. But there was only one problem. Both, Twilight and Sunset were going close together and their heads met. Oh brother. This is so ridiculous. Why was everyone acting like couples in love? I hate that word.

"Sunset, walk on," I instructed.

"Walk on, Twilight," Eric copied.

But none of them listened to anything we were saying. This was hopeless. They were too busy making out to listen to us. I repeated my sentence but there was no use. They wouldn't budge.

"We'll have to do this tomorrow as they want to make out instead," I said sadly.

"That's a shame," he said. "Love does a lot of things."

I snorted with laughter just after he said that. "It doesn't even exist." I muttered.

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I said with confidence.

"How?"

"Well have you ever seen it?" I asked. "It hasn't ever lasted forever. It's a total waste of time and it's completely stupid."

"What if you found love?"

"I would never," I said, sounding so sure of myself.

"You never know," he shrugged his shoulders and I got off my horse but as for Eric, he fell off, his shoe landing on the horse poop. Good job, Eric.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N:

Hello guys! I'm glad you are still reading this (hopefully you are).  I'm really trying to keep this story funny and i'm glad some of you are finding this funny! It makes me feel like I have achieved something! Oh and Thank You for the fabtastic comments on my first chapter, you really made me smile and all of you deserve dedications. If I don't dedicate you a chapter, it doesn't mean your not noticed. You all are awesome fans and I love you guys!

Hope you guys enjoyed this!! Comments would be hugely appreciated. Cover By CottonCandyEyes on this side. Check it out :D

1) Have you ever stepped on poop?

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, LIKE, TWEET do whatever you have to do!

Continue Reading