Sex, Love, and Basketball *Bo...

By KarmyVolkevens

**Includes SLB Books 1 and 2** Sex, Love, and Basketball follows a groups of girls and a few guys on their jo... More

Introduction
1. Move In Day
2. Campus Tour
3. "Shopping"
4. Do I Know You?
5. "Is This a Game To You?"
6. I Deserve Better
7. "International House of Pussy...I mean Pancakes."
8. "I Know It Was You."
9. Daaaammmnnn!
10. Feel My Pain
11. One on One
12. Legal
13. Birthday Sex
14. Momma Don't Play (Skip to the very end of this ch.)
15. Just a One Time Thing: Part 1
16. Just a One Time Thing: Part 2
17. A Deal's a Deal
18. Why Her?
19. Needing Space
20. Making Up
21. Just For The Night
22. Faking It
23. Taking L's
25. Perfect Timing
26. Ex's and Oooooh's
27. Pizza and Chill
28. The Honeymoon Stage
29. "Hoemance"
30. Stitches
31. Saying Goodbye
32. The Jealous Type
33. Buzzer Beater
34. First Fight
35. Official
36. Head Ahh
37. "I'd Go Anywhere With You."
38. Exposed
39. Christmas Break
40. It's All Good
41. Sistah Sistah
42. Bad Timing
43. N.I.M.D.K
44. Christmas
45. New To This
46. Fighting and Cheating
47. Misunderstandings and Mental Breakdowns
48. YT People Sh*t
49. Chaos and Tragedies (Part 1)
50. Chaos and Tragedies (Part 2)
(Book 2) 1. The Perfect Couple
2. Awkward Situations
3. No New Friends
4. You Ain't Got No Nipples!!!
5. One Hundred Yard Suicides
6. Get The Strap
7. "Are You A Boy Or A Girl?"
8. Baggage
9. P.E. To The TT. Y
10. Break Ups, Makes Ups, And Things That Start With The Letter P
11. Explosions and....Proposals?
12. First Times and Goodbyes
13. Sebastian's Tree
14. Hypocrite
15. Cherry Pie
16. Match Makers
17. I Hate You
18. Number 22
19. Heat Of The Moment
20. "Eating"
21. The Silent Treatment
22. Meeting The Rents
23. Talk To Me
24. Parking Ticket
25. MΓ©nage Γ  trois
26. MΓ©nage Γ  trois (Part 2)
27. Three's a Crowd
28. Bad Idea
29. Recovery Road (Part 1)
30. Recovery Road (Part 2)
31. Family and Friends Day
32. Old Habits
33. First Fights and First Dates (Part 1)
34. First Fights and First Dates (Part 2)
35. Ghosting
36. Ambush
37. Group Hangout (Part 1)
38. Group Hangout (Part 2)
39. The Kick Back
40. Millenniums

24. Double Dating

1.6K 68 35
By KarmyVolkevens

Sorry for any mistakes or grammatical errors

Nadia

"You should have come to me first." I said slapping Dani upside her stupid head.

"Why are you mad? You act like Raquel actually gave your crazy ass aunt a reason to hate her. When's the last time she even went on a date? I'm sure not many people have had the courage to approach her." Dani said and I hit her again.

"Don't talk about her like that." I scolded her.

"Look, I can understand why you feel the need to defend her, but she has no reason to hate Raquel. Raquel doesn't even bother anyone. And she even said she was going to try again today. I think she might be determined to get her to say yes. Wouldn't they be a fine ass couple?" Dani said looking thrilled at the idea.

"Sure, but it will be a cold day in hell if Malaya says yes. She's really picky when it comes to dating because not a lot of people can handle her attitude. And she's had shitty relationships in the past." I told my friend and she scoffed.

"Raquel can be just as much of a bitch as Malaya sometimes. They'll be perfect together. And even if they argue, they can just have crazy passionate make up sex."

"You're an idiot." I said shaking my head at her.

"Maybe, but I think Raquel will get Malaya to break."

"Does she even like Malaya? I thought she was in love with your coach. I don't want her using my auntie because I will fuck her up myself if she hurts her."

I definitely did not play when it came to my family. Especially not Malaya. We grew up together and despite our actual relation, she was like a big sister to me. She always has my back, so I'll always have hers. I barely even know Raquel. For all I know, she can be a fuckgirl like Dani was.

"Raquel isn't even like that. And it's all attraction and intrigue right now, but I swear if they just get to know each other more, the feelings will come." The girl said seeming sure and then I remembered something.

"Didn't you two fool around?" I asked and Dani's face got a little red.

"That happened once and it was more like her birthday gift to me than anything." The girl spoke as if that made it any better.

"Last time I checked, you were the one doing her a favor." I told the girl and she just smirked shamelessly.

"Well excuse me for enjoying giving pleasure."

"You're disgusting." I said mushing the girl's face and she just laughed at me.

"You know what really sucks?" The girl asked and I tilted my head in confusion.

"What?" I asked wondering what was on the girl's mind.

"I really want to kiss you, but you insist on being cliché and waiting for the perfect moment." The girl said playfully rolling her eyes.

"Why though?" I asked just to see what she'd say.

"Why not?" The girl countered invading my personal space by bringing her face closer to mine. We were sitting on her bed.

"I'm starting to think that's your way of getting out of giving me an actual reason." I said narrowing my eyes at the girl.

"It's because you're really pretty and I have a huge crush on you." The girl said smiling cutely and I almost kissed her, but I stopped myself.

"If I have a good time on our date Friday, you'll get to kiss me." I told the girl and she sighed.

"Nadia, do you really want some special cliché first kiss with me or is there another reason why you don't want to kiss me? Is it because of my past? I promise I don't have anything. My mom makes me get checked monthly because she said she'd kick my ass if I ever got anything."

I laughed at the girl as she spoke because she looked all cute and vulnerable.

"Dani, I don't think you have anything. Honestly, the reason why I don't want to kiss you is..." I stopped and Dani looked anxious as she waited for my reason.

"Is what?" The girl asked after I was quiet for too long.

"I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to hurt your feelings but....your breath is horrible." I said struggling to keep a straight face.

"What the fuck? You can't be serious." Dani said licking her wrist and then sniffing it. Her action caused me to burst out laughing.

"You need to get your nose checked. I'm minty fresh ma. I'm so fucking offended right now. You dead ass tried to play me." The girl said mean mugging me. It was hilarious. She was actually mad.

"Daniella, calm down." I said placing my hands on either side of the girl's face and looking into her eyes. "I was only kidding."

"You can't play like that." The girl said backing away so my hands fell from her face. "That would take such a huge toll on my confidence."

I just laughed at the girl again before kissing her cheek.

"Trust me, if you had bad breath, I would have told you from the jump. I'm more worried about you keeping yourself together than I am about your feelings." I told the girl honestly.

"Then just kiss me." The girl whined and I chuckled while shaking my head.

"Not yet." I told the impatient girl.

"Well then get out." The girl said pointing to her door and I couldn't believe she was actually trying to kick me out.

"Heck no." I said pushing the girl back on her bed and climbing on top of her.

"You're putting me in a very messed up position." The girl said using her elbows for support as she sat up some.

"I'm trying to help you." I said pushing the girl back so she was lying down.

"By making me horny? Look, I have a lot of respect for you and I wouldn't do you like I've done girls in the past, but I can only take so much of this teasing." The girl basically whined and I just laughed because I liked having this much power over her.

"Our first time is going to be so amazing." I said seductively slipping my hands beneath Dani's shirt and caressing the girl's abs.

"Nadia, I only have so much resistance." The girl said in a warning tone and I just continued with my little game.

I leaned down all the way to the other girl's face and let my lips ghost over hers before teasingly moving them to her ear.

"What are you going to do to me?" I whispered to the girl.

"Please stop." Dani whispered back and I could tell she was struggling to keep herself from doing anything.

"Okay okay. I'll stop." I said sitting back up.

"You're so evil." Dani said pushing me off of her.

I just chuckled and let myself fall beside her.

"You're such a freaking tease." The girl said letting her head rest on my chest.

After just laying there, I felt the girl's hand sneaking beneath my shirt. I decided to just let her do what she wanted since I messed with her first. It wasn't long before Dani's sneaky hand slipped beneath my sports bra. She began kneading the flesh there causing me to moan. I wasn't expecting her to do anything like this, so I was a little too lost for words to stop her.

Next her head lifted from my chest and she buried her face in my neck. She began kissing, sucking, and biting the flesh there and I couldn't contain my moans nor could I tell her to stop. The attention she was giving my breast combined with that just felt too good to make her stop.

Dani's kisses traveled up from my neck to my jaw line and even though I knew where she was heading next, I still didn't stop her. Maybe we could skip the clichés. Gosh, she's so damn hard headed.

I was expecting Dani to kiss me, but instead she burst out laughing before removing her hand from my bra and shirt.

"I had you under my fucking spell." The girl said making me blush so hard that I thought my face would melt off.

"You bitch" I said pushing the girl away from me.

"Says the girl that started this." The girl continued laughing.

"Shut up."I said trying not to laugh along with her.

"You were going to let me kiss you and everything."

Dani just wouldn't stop laughing and I eventually joined in with her.

"Ugh! I freaking hate you." I said burying my face in my hands out of embarrassment.

"That's what you get. Don't try to play the seductress role with me. That's definitely my special talent." The girl bragged and I just scoffed because there was a lot Dani didn't know about me. She'd only seen one side of me and that was the "friend" side, but the "girlfriend" side of me is completely different. Not saying that we'll be girlfriend's, but we were heading in that direction.

"Just because you're all out in the open with yours doesn't mean anything." I said making the girl smirk.

"Oh, so are you saying you're an undercover freak?" The girl asked and I just shrugged.

"Show me a good time tomorrow night and maybe you'll find out." I said trying to sound all mysterious and sexy.

"Damn. I thought I was just gonna get a kiss." The girl said and I chuckled.

"I'm not having sex with you, Dani." I said trying to clear that up. I was just being silly. I would never have sex on the first date. Even if it is with someone I'm close with.

"Ever?" The girl asked with a frown. "I mean, I'm fine with that if it's what you really want, but dang. I'm a really sexual person."

The fact that Dani was still willing to pursue anything romantic with me after thinking that we'd never have sex said a lot. She's definitely not one for sexual abstinence, so she got points for that.

"I didn't mean ever. Just not on the first date." I clarified.

"Oh. Well even if you did mean ever. That wouldn't change my mind about wanting to date you. It would just be like our normal friendship, but with kisses. I can live with that." The girl said shrugging and managing to make my heart flutter.

The scariest part of this was not knowing if she was just saying this to get what she wanted from me. I've already made the mistake of trusting a player, so I can't help but to be a little scared.

"What did I tell you about being all sweet and romantic?" I said pinching the girl and she chuckled.

"You said I didn't have to, but I can't help it. You make me this way, so pinch yourself." The girl joked and I actually considered doing so. The fact that I'm getting a shot at happiness seems like a dream. I'm so used to disappointment.

"I'm gonna leave now." I said standing up from the girl's bed and stretching.

"Why?" The girl asked looking confused.

"Because I really want to kiss you and I know if I stay, I will." I told the girl and she smirked.

"Well then you should definitely stay. In fact, spend the night. Hell, just move in." The girl said and I just rolled my eyes.

"Goodbye, Daniella." I said walking to the girl's door. Before I could even get my hand on the door handle, I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"What?" I said expecting the girl to say something, but she just hugged me from behind and buried her face my neck.

"Dani, I don't have time for your games." I said expecting the girl to do what she did before, but she just chuckled before kissing my cheek and letting me go.

"Enjoy the rest of your day, Nadia. Even though I know it will be hard to do while you're away from me."

"I'll try my best." I said finally leaving the girl's room.

I honestly don't understand how I didn't like Dani from the jump. She's amazing.

Raquel

Either I was stupid or had a death wish, but I was currently outside of Malaya's apartment. She lived on the floor beneath mine. I didn't even know if she was in there. I was doing a bad job of finding out because I was too afraid to knock. She made it very clear that she didn't want me bothering her, so there was a 99.99% chance of me getting my ass kicked. Oddly enough, I didn't care. I didn't actually like Malaya. Honestly, she scares the shit out of me, but I was determined to get her to say yes. I was definitely attracted to her though. Extremely attracted to her.

Though it terrified me at times, even her attitude was appealing. I just wanted to figure her out. Donald Trump could use her to keep out illegal immigrants with all the walls she's put up. Okay, pretend I didn't say that. I don't support that man in any way shape or form. Anyway, I will figure Malaya out and I will get her to stop hating me. 

I was seconds away from knocking when a force from behind me slammed me into the door. My arm was twisted behind my back and to say I was in pain was an understatement. It wasn't enough to make me want to cry or anything, but I didn't have time to brace myself for the impact. So my jaw was aching and so was my arm.

"What did I tell you was going to happen if you messed with me again?" I heard the deadly voice of my teammate from behind. Honestly, despite my pain, this whole situation just made me even more attracted to the girl. I don't know what it is about being handled like this, but I wasn't having that bad of a time. I'm troubled.

"You'd give me a stern talking to?" I said playing dumb.

This wasn't the best thing to do because the girl just pushed my arm up into an even more awkward position.

I groaned in pain and thought about trying to escape, but that would probably result in me getting my arm broken.

"Wrong answer." The girl said slamming me into her door again.

What the hell did I get myself into?

"Okay okay. You said you'd beat the shit out of me, but isn't the fact that I took the risk of getting my ass beaten enough to get me at least one point?" I asked and the girl chuckled.

"What do want from me, Burrows?" The girl asked loosening her grip on my arm and easing the pain I was in.

"I just want one date. Just one. And if you have a terrible time, I promise I'll let you kick my ass. I won't try to escape and I won't fight back." I said and the girl laughed at that.

"You think it would matter if you fought back?"

After asking me that, Malaya let me go.

I slowly turned around to face the girl and was surprised to be met with a smile that exposed the girl's dimples. It screamed I would fucking end you with one punch, but it was a smile nonetheless. A really beautiful one.

There was really no denying Malaya's beauty. Her smile made her look even more stunning.

"I really would enjoy getting the opportunity to kick your ass, so I'm going to let you take me out. But don't think it's because I like you. It's the total opposite actually." The girl said and I didn't know whether to be happy or afraid. I settled on being both.

I wasn't expecting to actually get her to say yes, so I didn't respond.

"But wait. Why do you want to take me out anyway? I know you don't like me, so why are you doing this?" The girl asked and I was afraid to tell her the truth. What if she got mad? Honesty's the best policy.

"It's actually a double date." I admitted and the girl frowned in confusion.

"With who? Please don't say Stevie and Janina. Those two will probably end up having sex in the middle of the date." The girl said making me laugh.

"It's with Nadia and Daniella actually." I said expecting the girl to get mad, but instead she laughed.

"Little Dani got the balls to ask Nadi out?" The girl asked and I nodded my head. "But she's too scared to be alone? I don't see why. They're together all the time."

"Dani's never been on a date...annnd I haven't either." I admitted just to get it out of the way.

"You mean to tell me no one has asked Raquel Burrows on a date?" The girl asked and I frowned.

"You think I'm worth a date? I literally had to bribe you with beating my ass." I said making the girl laugh and flash her smile again. Damn.

"I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on this planet that hates you." The girl spoke and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Was that your messed up version of a compliment?" I asked and the girl answered my question with one of her own.

"What time is this disaster...I mean date gonna be? And how should I dress? I'll probably come in gym shorts no matter what you suggest though." The girl spoke and either I was going crazy or she was joking with me. She was still being mean, but it seemed more playful as opposed to her being dead serious.

"Super casual. We're going bowling and then to whatever restaurant we decide on." I told the girl and she nodded her head before pushing me aside so she could unlock her door. So rude.

"We're gonna go bowling at 7." I informed the girl.

"Mhmm." The girl said opening her door. "See ya tomorrow."

After that, Malaya went into her apartment.

I was happy that I got her to say yes, but I was a little salty with how she left me out here. She could have at least invited me in. Offered me an ice pack for my jaw and another one for my arm. Something. Damn.

-

I made my way back to my apartment and was a little surprised to see Natalie sitting in the living room. She usually stayed in her room doing weird knows what.

"Yeah, girl and she actually paid me to freak out her friend. It's not really hard pretending to be obsessed with her though because she's fine as hell."

I closed the door behind me, making my presence known and Natalie whispered into the phone that she had to go and hung up.

"So who exactly paid you to freak me out? There's no point in lying because I heard you." I told the girl and her cheeks got a little red.

"Ugh. Well now I'm out of another fifty dollars. And I wasn't even able to get to the good part yet." The girl said rolling her eyes. "Daniella did. She wanted me to act all weird and obsessed with you for reasons I'm not sure of. I'm a theatre major, so I'll gladly take any role that comes my way. Even if it's one that pays a measly fifty bucks."

"So you were actually standing over me in my sleep? I wasn't just being paranoid?" I ask and the girl nodded her head and laughed.

"Wow. That little bitch really gets on my nerves." I said already planning revenge on the girl.

"I could help you get her back." Natalie said looking eager for another part to play.

"I don't have time to plan anything right now, but I'm gonna hold you up on that offer." I winked at the girl causing her to blush. "And thank you for the compliment." I added remembering the girl saying that I was 'fine as hell' I'm not really a big fan of being described like that, but eh.

"I'm so mad you walked in on that. Oh and did the girl you were trying to get to go out with you say yes? Because if she didn't, I'll gladly take her place. And this is sane-not-so-psycho-and-obsessed-with-you me speaking." 

"Not so psycho?" I asked kinking an eyebrow at the girl.

"I pretend to be other people for fun. Not to mention I sometimes do this pretending while I'm alone. I'm a psycho by default. All actors and actresses are." The girl said and I chuckled at her logic. It seemed pretty legit though.

"Well, she actually said yes. She nearly broke my arm beforehand, but it was a yes nonetheless. However, I'm not really sure if anything will come of this date, so that's another offer I'll hold you to." I said winking at the girl again.

Gosh, I never took myself as a one of those people, but it made Natalie blush again so it must work for me.

"I'll try not to get my hopes up. This girl would be dumb to let you slip away from her."

"She sure doesn't think so." I mumbled more to myself and made my way into my room. I just texted Dani that the date was on and threw my phone somewhere on my bed.

I really didn't know what to expect from this date, but I really hope it goes well. I'm not trying to get my ass kicked.

-

I stood nervously outside of Malaya's door. This was it. On the other side of this door was the girl that would either kiss me or fuck me up at the end of the night. I doubt she'd ever kiss me, but you know what I mean.

I needed this though. I needed to move on from Raya. She still hasn't tried to communicate with me outside of practice. This was going to be one of the first weekends I didn't spend with her. I still couldn't get the guilty feeling out of my stomach though. How the hell is it that I feel like I'm cheating on her? I'm so pathetic. Let me knock on this door before I get too much into my feelings. One of the most dangerous places to be.

I knocked on the door and immediately felt my heart go on a frenzy of erratic beating. I could have collapsed then and there, but I'm sure Malaya would used that as an excuse to stomp my ass out.

The beating momentarily stopped when the door opened.

How could someone look so amazing dressed in such simple clothing?

Malaya was wearing a baseball jersey for no team in particular, light ripped skinny jeans and black and white sk8-hi vans. Her curly hair was up in a curly ponytail and she looked perfect without a single bit of make up. That's not something that's common these days. Some girls just cake that stuff on. It looks cool, but you start to wonder what's under there after a while.

"I decided not to wear the gym shorts." The girl said breaking me out of the trance she'd put me in with her perfection.

"If this is you casual, I'd probably faint seeing you really dressed up." I said unintentionally. Oh God. Would compliments get me punched too?

"Sounds like someone's trying to get on my good side." The girl said completely brushing the compliment off.

"Is it working?" I asked just going along with it.

"I guess you'll find out at the end of the night." The girl said shrugging at me and flashing a dimpled smile. God she's beautiful. Have I said that too many times? I'm sorry, but man. Beautiful women really do something to me. That's why I have it so bad for Raya. That among other things. Okay, stop thinking about her now.

"Well, I guess we can go now. Dani and Nadia are waiting for us at the dorms." I told the girl and she just nodded.

I almost reached for her hand, but I retreated at the last second and stretched before putting my hands in my pockets. Not awkward at all.

"Nice save, dork." The girl said obviously noticing and I just laughed nervously before leading the way to my car. Here comes Raquel the nervous idiot.

I opened Malaya's door for her and she scoffed.

"Ew, please don't. I can open my own door." The girl said making me frown.

"I didn't open your door because I think you can't do it yourself. You're my date. I can't be chivalrous?" I asked and the girl just sighed before getting in my car. I was sure to let her close her own door.

Once I got in, Malaya spoke.

"You don't have to pretend like this is a real date. I know you only asked me as a favor for Daniella." The girl spoke and I kinda felt bad because that was true. Well it was true in the beginning. I actually wanted to go on this date now though. I wanted to figure Malaya out.

"I wouldn't have tried so hard to get you to say yes if that was all this was about." I told the girl and she just laughed.

"No that was the determination in you. You refused to give up because you like a challenge. You just wanted to prove to yourself that you could get me to say yes." The girl spoke more words that were slightly true, but she was still wrong.

"Maybe that was part of it, but that's not the only reason." I said making the girl sigh.

"Then what is your reason? Because I know you don't like me like that. You stare at coach a little too much for me to believe that." The girl said and I looked in her direction with a shocked expression on my face.

"Am I that obvious?" I asked and the girl chuckled.

"Yup. And you and coach spend too much time together for your relationship to seem normal. So what? Did you two break up. Am I a rebound?" The girl asked and I shook my head no.

"Raya and I were never together. She doesn't want that." I said bitterly.

"Hmm..You two are even on a first name basis. And she may not, but you do." The girl pointed out and I was slightly irritated at how easily she was figuring things out.

"If you already knew all this, then why did you say yes?" I asked with irritation laced in my voice.

"My niece asked me nicely so I agreed. You didn't actually think you convinced me did you?" The girl asked and all of the tiny bit of confidence I had washed down the drain.

I didn't really have a response to that. I was a little angry actually. Why the hell would she make me think I had a chance? It was a very very slim one if it even existed, but it was something. I didn't understand my anger though because I didn't actually like this girl. It was all attraction and curiosity.

"That vain you get in your neck when you're angry is appearing. Did I piss you off? Was it something I said?" The girl asked obviously trying to get even deeper up under my skin.

I ignored the girl and started my car. The faster this date started, the faster it would be over. I've never been so salty in my life.

The short ride to the dorms was quiet, but of course Dani's loud ass got in the car and changed that.

"Hey love birds." The girl said making both me and Malaya scoff. At least we agreed on something.

"Don't be an asshole." Nadia said pinching the girl. "Hey." The girl said speaking to both of us.

Malaya and I greeted both girls and then we made our way to the bowling alley.

-

"Okay, so it's us against you two grumpy old ladies." Dani said putting everyone's names into the little machine that displayed our names on the screen above our heads.

"We're not even that much older than you two." I said rolling my eyes at the stupid little freshman.

"It's okay, they may be younger, but we're better looking." Malaya said making me laugh and Dani frown.

"I'd argue with that, but I agree." The girl said starting the game while the rest of us sat and waited for our turns.

This bowling alley was pretty cool. There were different color lights flashing everywhere and any white clothing seemed to be glowing. The loud music added to the cool atmosphere.

"Okay, the old ladies are up first. Age before beauty right?" Dani joked and Nadia just shook her head.

"Looks like I'm up first." Malaya said grabbing a ball and standing in front of the lane. I couldn't help but to stare at the girl's ass as she position herself for her throw. Damn she was blessed.

"And you call me a pervert." Dani said making me jump. Dammit. I got caught. "But I don't blame you though."

"Unless you want want two black ones, you might want to focus those eyes on something else." I heard Nadia speak close to Dani's ear. Dani quickly averted her gaze else where. That's right, Nadi. Get the little freshman's ass in check.

It seemed like it was taking Malaya forever, but right as the thought crossed my mind, the girl finally released her ball. The ball sped down the lane, crashing into the pins and knocking them all down. The display screen read STRIKE and the girl did a little dance before sitting back beside me.

"Who the hell gets a strike their first try?" Dani said looking a little irritated. I forgot how much of a sore loser she was. Funny thing was, she hadn't even lost....yet.

"Apparently the grumpy old lady does." The girl bragged and Dani rolled her eyes.

"Your turn." The girl said turning to me with a smile and I had to wait before standing up because it made my knees weak for a quick second. Malaya was too much. Attitude and sexiness were just an irresistible match. I don't know why.

I grabbed the ball I'd chosen and stood in front of the lane. I was really good at bowling, so I already knew I was going to get a strike. I swung my arm back and released my ball at the perfect time and watched it slide down the polished lane. Strike!

"Are you freaking serious? Both you bitches are good at this?" Daniella asked looking annoyed.

"Don't be such a sore loser." I said smirking at the girl and she gave me the finger.

"The game just started." The girl said glaring at me.

"My turn." Nadia said standing up and grabbing her ball. The girl faced us and threw the ball back between her legs and bursted out laughing when it went in the gutter. The funniest thing about it was Dani's facial expression. She clearly wanted Nadia to take this seriously.

"Nice gutter ball." Malaya said laughing along with the girl.

"Why'd you do that?" Dani asked frowning at the girl.

"I wanted to test my luck." The girl said getting her ball back from the dispenser for her second chance.

Dani just watched her date as she stood in the same position.

"Testing your luck again?" Dani asked and the girl just giggled before doing the same thing expect this time her ball actually made it down the lane. Not only that, she actually managed to knock down all the pins. The screened displayed SPARE and Daniella and I both looked surprised while Malaya shook her head.

"Show off." The girl laughed and Nadia stuck her tongue out.

"So I'm guessing I'm the only one that's never been bowling." Dani said looking even more irritated.

"How have you never been bowling?" Nadia asked the girl.

"I mean, I've been to a bowling alley, but the bowling part never actually happened. I'd get....distracted." The girl said smirking a little.

Damn hoe.

"Wow." Nadia said shaking her head and laughing. "Well I guess I have to teach you then."

Talk about the oldest trick in the book.

Dani grabbed her ball and Nadia stood close behind the girl and walked her through the proper technique for bowling.

"They're cute." Malaya said giggling at the two girls and I nodded my head in agreement.

Daniella

"So I just stick my three fingers in these holes?" I asked definitely speaking out of context.

"You're so disgusting." Nadia said laughing at me. "But yes."

"Okay, now what?" I asked pretending to be completely clueless. I really hadn't bowled before, but it wasn't really that hard.

"Well now you go for it. Just plant the leg opposite of the hand you use forward. Swing your arm back while stepping back on your other leg, swing your arm forward and release the ball." The girl said staying close behind me as she told me the directions.

"I can't really hear you over the music." I said giving the girl a reason to get closer to me. Nadia repeated her directions, letting her lips brush against my ear as she spoke. The action gave me goosebumps.

"If I get a strike, I get a kiss." I challenged and Nadia just laughed.

"No, because for all I know, you could be pretending to suck on purpose." The girl pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

"I could be, but I'm not." I said honestly.

"Okay fine. Go for it." The girl said stepping aside so I'd have room.

I went through all the girl's instructions and released the ball. It looked pretty good going down the lane, but I didn't managed to knock all the pins down. Two stupid pins stood tall at either end of the back row.

"The unlucky split. No kiss for you." The girl teased and I just sighed before going to retrieve my ball from the dispenser once it came back.

"I could see Malaya and Raquel laughing at me from where they sat. I glared at them and went back to the top of the lane.

"Those two look really good together. But I have to admit, I'm surprised Malaya said yes. I wonder what Raquel did to convince her." Nadia said admiring the two girls for a moment and then turning her attention back to me.

"Maybe she sold Malaya her soul. Your aunt is the devil after all." I said making the girl laugh.

"Lay Lay is not that bad. She's just been through a lot. Especially when it comes to romance, so stop talking shit about my aunt before I roll your ass down this lane." The girl threatened me.

"I love it when you talk violent to me." I said just throwing the ball down the lane and shrugging when it hit one of the pins. It's better than none.

"I was going to teach you the technique for a split, but oh well." Nadia said making me frown.

"That's possible?" I asked and the girl chuckled.

"Duh. It's difficult, but possible."

Oh well.

-

The two grumpy old ladies ended up beating us. Nadia and I both suggested Dave and Busters so we could keep the competition going. But the grumpy old ladies didn't want to go there. So we ended up at some southern buffet. It was so good. I really felt like sneaking food out of here. That would be the black thing to do.

"So do y'all feel like seeing a movie after this?" I asked and Nadia just shrugged while Malaya and Raquel looked unsure. They'd been acting like they wanted this date to be over all night. They had their moments when they seemed to be getting along, but they were short lived.

"I'm actually feeling kind of sick, but I can drop you two off at the movies and come back and get you after. I probably just need a nap." Raquel said lamely.

"You know. It won't hurt my feelings if you say you want this date to be over because honestly, same." Malaya said making Raquel clinch her jaw. Okay so she's mad. What have Nadia and I been missing between these two?

"Of course it wouldn't hurt your feelings. You didn't want to come on this date in the first place." Raquel said rolling her eyes and Malaya let out a laugh. It seemed like one of those 'Are you serious?' laughs.

"That's what this is about? The joke I made in the car? You've seriously let that keep you in a bad mood all night?" Malaya asked looking at Raquel like she was crazy.

"That was a joke?" The girl asked looking confused. "You call that a fucking joke? Usually when people are joking they laugh or at least make it known once they see the person took it seriously."

"Why did it even upset you? Why do you even care? Aren't you just here because Daniella asked you to be?" Malaya asked.

"Dani, would you come to the bathroom with me?" Nadia asked and I frowned.

"Why? It was just getting good." I asked pouting.

"Get your nosey ass up." The girl said pulling me out of my seat and away from the table.

Now I'm gonna miss the juicy stuff.

Raquel

"I'm interested in you, Malaya." I said putting how I was feeling into the best words possible.

"What does that even mean?" The girl asked looking annoyed.

"It means exactly that. I find you interesting. I want to understand you. To figure you out." I told the girl and she furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Why? So we can be friends?" The girl asked and I shrugged.

"Or something else. I guess it depends on what happens. It's completely possible that I could develop feelings for you." I spoke honestly. I was already extremely attracted to the girl.

"You couldn't handle me. No one can. It's why I'm single." The girl said starting to pick over her food. This was the first nervous thing I'd ever seen her do.

"What if I want to be the one to decide that?" I asked and the girl sighed.

"What about coach? I don't want anything to do with someone that's stuck on someone else." The girl said still finding reasons to resist my advances.

"Then change that." I challenged and Malaya frowned at me.

"I'm not good for you. You're kind and thoughtful. I'm callous and cruel. How would that work?" The girl asked and I shrugged.

"We can balance each other out. I can soften the rough parts of you and you can toughen up my softness." I spoke and the girl laughed.

"See, you're a dork. I'm way too badass for you." The girl said and this time I was sure she was joking.

"Every badass needs a dork. Let me be your dork." I said jokingly and the girl laughed again.

"Cool it, Burrows. We haven't even had a decent first date yet." The girl said making me smirk.

"Yet? Does that mean I get a second shot?" I asked and the girl rolled her eyes.

"It means I get to kick your ass." The girl reminded me about our deal.

"How about, we continue this date at the movies and you can sit for a couple of hours without having to hear a single word from me? That must be heaven for you." I tried.

"It does sound tempting. Ah what the heck?" The girl said shrugging.

"Cool, so I'm gonna retrieve the children from the bathroom and we can be on our way." I said and Malaya laughed and shook her head.

"You're such a loser. It's scary. How can one person be this big of a loser?" The girl asked and I smirked.

"I got you to agree to not only extend this date, but also to go on another one that could possibly lead to many, so I'm a winner in my book." I bragged and the girl scoffed.

"Is it titled Raquel's Book of Lies?" The girl asked and I chuckled.

"No, it's titled Raquel's Successes."

"Hurry up and go get them before I change my mind." Malaya said shooing me away and I did as she said.

-

"Scary movies are lame and hella predictable. Let's see something funny." Dani was the one complaint as usual.

"No, I want to see this movie, so if you don't, go watch something else alone." Nadia said once again putting Dani's little ass in her place.

"Ugh, fine. But don't complain to me when you don't enjoy it." The girl mumbled the last part.

"Two tickets to Split please." Nadia told the guy in the booth. The guy in the booth was focused on something else though. My date to be exact.

"Can you not hear?" I asked getting the guy's attention.

"Oh sorry? What will you ladies be seeing tonight?" The boy asked and Nadia repeated her request.

"What about you two?" The boy asked after giving Nadia and Daniella their tickets.

"The same for us." I said after getting a nod of approval from Malaya.

"Okay, ladies, enjoy your movie." The booth turd spoke still letting his gaze linger on Malaya.

I don't know what irritated me more. The fact that Malaya seemed completely oblivious to it or the fact that it actually bothered me.

"Your vein's back. What's wrong?" Malaya asked as we entered the lobby of the theatre.

"Nothing." I said feeling a little too embarrassed to tell her the truth. There's no reason I should be bothered by someone else checking her out. She's not my girlfriend.

"It has to be something. Your little buddy only appears when you're upset or just extremely irritated." The girl said touching the protruding vein in my neck and giving me goosebumps. My neck was my spot, but I'm sure it had even more to do with that fact that it was her.

"I'm good." I said going over to look at the over priced snacks. I wasn't buying a damn thing from here though. Who do they think they are? Playing mind games with us like this. And then they wonder why people sneak shit in.

"How can I help you?" Asked a girl from behind the counter. She looked familiar. She was probably someone from school.

"Oh, I was just looking. It's all my wallet will allow." I joked. I could afford this stuff, I just wasn't about to get this overpriced crap.

"I definitely understand. These prices are ridiculous." The girl spoke and I laughed.

"Shouldn't you be trying to convince me other wise?" I asked kinking an eyebrow at the girl.

"Maybe, but I understand the struggle of a college student." The girl said making me even more sure that she went to my school. How else would she know I was a college student?

"Do I know you?" I asked and the girl shrugged.

"I doubt it. I'm a cheerleader. Maybe you've seen me, but we've never actually spoken. I'm Komfort." The girl spoke jogging my memory. She's one of the girls that I caught the little freshman with at the beginning of the semester.

And speak of the devil.

"Could I get a-holy fuck." Dani said realizing who she was talking to. "Hey Komfort."

Way to not be awkward.

"Dani." The girl said going from the normal tone she had with me to flirty. Oh joy! Let's see how this plays out.

"Yeah, can I get a medium popcorn?" The girl asked obviously trying to avoid a conversation that had to do with anything else.

Komfort realized what Dani was doing and just playfully rolled her eyes to go get what the girl asked for.

"You're so subtle." I said teasing the girl and she glared at me.

Nadia walked up and stood beside Dani which just made this situation even better.

"That'll be $7.70." Komfort said still using her flirty tone with Dani.

Dani pulled out her debit card and Komfort made sure that their hands touched as she took it from the girl.

I glanced at Nadia and saw her furrow her eyebrows.

"Do you need your receipt?" The girl asked and Dani shook her head.

Komfort gave Dani her debit card and popcorn before speaking.

"It was nice seeing you again, Daddy...I mean, Dani." The girl said and I had to hold in my laughter.

Dani just walked away without saying another word.

"Can I get a medium coke?" Nadia asked ripping Komfort's attention away from Dani.

Komfort went to make the drink and Nadia turned to me.

"Who is that?" The girl asked and I just waved it off.

"No one you should be worried about." I told the girl and she looked at me suspiciously.

"That'll be $5.50." The girl spoke and Nadia paid her before taking her drink and walking away.

"Is that Dani's girlfriend? She's cute." The girl asked and I shook my head. "They're getting there. That wasn't cool you know?"

"Oh, I saw you trying not to laugh." The girl said laughing now. "I was just doing that to mess with her because she looked like a dear caught in the headlights when she saw me. I don't understand why though. We haven't talked since that day and the little bitch ignored my request for round two. I owed her that."

"I'll see you around, Komfort." I said shaking my head at the girl and heading in the direction that the other girls went.

"If you're going to flirt with another girl, at least let it be with someone that looks better than me." Malaya said as I sat next to her and I couldn't tell if she was joking.

"I wasn't flirting with her. I don't even really know her. She looked familiar so I was just trying to figure out why." I told the girl and she just shrugged.

"I was just kidding. I'm not worried about you flirting." The girl said making me frown.

"Why not? We're on a date. I shouldn't be flirting with anyone that isn't you and vice versa." Malaya turned a little in her seat so she was facing me before speaking.

"You were pissed because that guy in the ticket booth was checking me out." The girl said getting a little off subject.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied.

"Yes you do. And that's what I mean. I never said I don't care if you flirt, I'm just not worried about you flirting. You're a goodie goodie. And you're the jealous type. Besides, I highly doubt you're going to find someone that even holds a candle to the awesomeness that is me." The girl bragged playfully.

"You noticed he was checking you out?" I asked and the girl sucked her teeth.

"Duh. But I'm used to that. And why would I be worried about some loser in a booth when I'm on a date with you? A loser that's not in a booth." The girl said snatching the compliment back before I could even take it.

"You like me." I said crossing my arms.

"No I don't. I hate you." The girl said crossing her arms too.

"Well, I like you." I said shrugging. It wasn't a lie. It wasn't anything major, but it just wasn't something I could deny.

"You're not as repulsive as you used to be." The girl said just refusing to give me compliments that didn't have insults attached to them.

"We have to work on your compliments." I said laughing at the girl.

"That's as good as it gets. Take it or leave it."

Malaya and I went back and forth until the movie started.

Daniella

After we left the movies, Raquel dropped Nadia and me back off at the dorm. Nadia was barely talking to me and I already knew what was wrong. Stupid fucking Komfort. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Luckily, I was able to convince Nadia to stay in my room tonight, so I had time to sort things out while she was in the shower. She didn't even laugh when I joked about us showering together. Which is why I just went first.

When Nadia finally got done showering, she walked out of my bathroom in nothing but a towel. I liked the fact that she was so comfortable around me. I respectfully turned away when she dropped her towel, but not before actually seeing what was beneath it. Damn. The fact that I could possibly do whatever I wanted to her one day got me a little excited, but I quickly got my mind out of the gutter. This wasn't the time.

"Are we gonna talk about the little incident at the movies?" I asked once the girl was dressed and she just shrugged.

The silent treatment. How mature?

"Do you remember the day we met? We were leaving the caf and you wouldn't let me hold the door for you, so I held it for two other girls. I told one of them that I had the same shirt as her. It was a crappy pick up line but it worked. That was her at the movies. Komfort. I messed around with her and her friend, but I haven't spoken to either of them since. I know I'm probably not the easiest person to trust with my past and all, but Nadia, you don't have to worry about me doing anything stupid. I would never do anything to hurt you." I told the girl and she finally spoke.

"I know you wouldn't. I'm just wondering how many times that's going to happen. Are we going to keep running into girls you've messed around with? I've already been through this once and you know how that turned out. Even if I do trust you, I know that shit happens sometimes. I trusted Jayla and she still hurt me. All the things you say to reassure me, she said them too."

"I'm nothing like her though." I said hating that she was comparing me to someone that hurt her when I never would.

"You're just like her, Dani. Jayla wasn't a bad person. She did stupid shit for stupid reasons. She was never actually trying to hurt me. She tried to keep from doing that in her own fucked up way. Maybe you're not as bad as she was, but-"

"You realize that you're comparing me to someone that broke your heart right? There isn't a single cell in my body that would do anything to hurt you. I don't care how many girls pop up from my past. No one will compare to you. Nothing that I felt for them will compare to what I feel for you. I've changed. I changed for and because of you. I don't know about Jayla, but I mean everything I'm saying to you and unlike her, I'm going to prove it." I had to cut the girl off because I didn't appreciate being compared to her ex.

"I'm sorry." The girl said looking like she felt bad and that made me feel bad.

"Never apologize for telling me how you feel." I said walking over to the girl. "It sucks that you think I'm like her and I guess I was like her at some point, but not anymore. I'm not afraid to commit. I'm not afraid that I'm gonna mess this up. I'm not afraid that the universe is going to some how send someone or something to get in the way of this. The only thing I'm afraid of is not getting to prove that I mean everything I'm saying to you. I know you have your fears and that's completely understandable, but I promise to make all of your fears go away. You don't have to be afraid of being hurt anymore." Nadia had a small smile on her face, so I was sure that she believed me.

"This is it." The girl said confusing me.

"Huh?" I asked tilting my head in confusion.

"This is our moment." The girl added not really helping me with my confusion.

I was going to ask her what the heck she meant, and then she kissed me.

Now if someone could kindly retrieve my soul because I swear it left my body when her lips touched mine.

Prepare yourself for the cliché , but I had never felt this way before when kissing someone.

Another cliché ....It just felt right. And another one...Like our lips were made solely for the purpose of being attached.

It was perfect.

Raquel

"So am I getting my ass kicked tonight?" I asked Malaya once I parked my car.

"I would love to say yes, but I didn't actually have that terrible of a time." The girl said giving me another one of her half ass compliments.

"You just refuse to say something nice to me." I said laughing despite that fact.

"Just be glad I'm not kicking your ass." The girl said unbuckling her seat belt.

"Hang on." I said unbuckling my seat belt and causing the girl to frown when I opened my door. I got out of the car and walked around to her side. I opened her door only to see her with an expression that screamed 'Really?'

"I figured I'd use the last moments of this night to irritate you." I said giving the girl a cheeky smile.

"You irk me." The girl said getting out of the car.

"That's the most romantic thing you've said to me all night." I said and the girl just rolled her eyes.

"Kiss my ass."

"Actually..that's the most romantic thing you've said to me all night." I said and Malaya just shook her head and laughed at me.

"Goodnight, dork." The girl said going to walk away, but I caught up to her.

"I think the proper way for this date to end would be me walking you to your door." I said matching pace with the girl as she rolled her eyes. I could tell she was trying to fight a smile. She was definitely warming up to me.

I couldn't help but to look at Malaya's ass as we ascended the steps that would lead to the second level of the apartments. For the hundredth time tonight..Damn!

"You know I can feel you looking right?" The girl said catching me. No point in denying it.

"I'm sorry. You just have a really nice ass. It's kind of impossible for me not to look." I said hoping this wouldn't get my ass kicked.

"You're right." The girl said once we got to her door.

"Thank you for letting me take you out." I said trying to extend my time with the girl. I didn't really want the night to be over. Sue me.

"Thank you for asking me. Not many people have the balls to do that." The girl spoke and I smiled.

"Well I don't have balls at all, so that says a lot about me." I said making the girl laugh.

"Annd there's the dorkiness flying in to ruin the moment." The girl said shaking her head.

"We were having a moment?" I asked and the girl sighed before opening her door.

"Goodnight dork."

I smiled at the nickname that seemed to be sticking.

"Goodnight badass." I returned earning a smile from the girl. Her dimples really did something to me.

"And don't do that cliche ass back against the door shit when I close it." The girl said pointing a finger at me.

"Can I do that jump where you clap the heels of your feet together as I walk back to my apartment? I've always wanted to try that."

"Oh my God. Leave now." The girl said laughing at me and pointing me away from her doorway.

"Sweet dreams beautiful." I said just to get under the girl's skin which resulted in her slamming the door in my face.

She's definitely warming up to me.

*****

So there's a long chapter since I've been taking so long to update. One word: School. I'm sure you all get that. I have some questions though.

How did you like this chapter? Was it awesome? Did it suck? Let me know!

Do you ship Raquel and Raya or Raquel and Malaya?

Do you want Malaya's point of view next chapter? You wanna know why she is the way she is?

And lastly, do I have any Kehlani fans here because SWEETSEXYSAVAGE just dropped and it's straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Get that on iTunes people. Do it! Just do it!

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 10.6K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
33.6K 1.1K 27
With basketball, comes the players. ** Read the sequel "The Loony Garden" *Completed* *Unedited* New account where I actively update is @DepressionsL...
20.1K 618 44
Emery Hall has been in love with Evan Andrews since the moment she laid eyes on him that fateful day in the fifth grade. Her whole life has been spen...
3.7K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...