The Internship -Justin Bieber-

By escapehemmings

Ivory Bell moved all the way to New York for one thing only. To get an internship at Pattie Mallette's fashio... More

Chapter 1: The internship
Chapter 2: Douchebag alert
Chapter 3: The photoshoot
Chapter 4: The run in
Chapter 5: Infuriating models
Chapter 6: Common ground
Chapter 7: The big surprise
Chapter 8: Mother and son
Chapter 9: Lashing out
Chapter 10: Trapped together
Chapter 12: Last minute request
Chapter 13: Fashion launch disaster
Chapter 14: Drunk acts
Chapter 15: The ticket
Chapter 16: 2 AM kiss
Chapter 17: More than a pretty face
Chapter 18: The surprise party
Chapter 19: Night at the Pig's Pen
Chapter 20: Family Relationships
Chapter 21: Mother and Daughter
Long time no update!
Chapter 22: The Gig and the Special Surprise
Chapter 23: The Aftermath
Chapter 24: Blue Blazers and Blue Eyes
Chapter 25: Gentle Touches and Unspoken Promises
Chapter 26: A Flame In The Heart
Chapter 27: It's A Date
Chapter 28: One On One
Chapter 29: The Love Spot
Chapter 30: Summer Heat
2019 Watty Nominations!
Chapter 31: Looking Out For You
Chapter 32: Out Of Reach
Chapter 33: Teary Eyed
Chapter 34: The Last Touch

Chapter 11: An absurd idea

4.3K 181 7
By escapehemmings

Ivy Bell: 

Its the next week and Maia seems to have finally stopped being extra strict with me. I haven't been doing a bunch of errands and I was ecstatic when she said I could sort through the clothing racks and make sure that each one had all the clothes on the correct rack before they needed to be sent off for the photoshoot happening next Thursday. 

Maia selects a few interns and they all follow behind her as she talks about whatever they are going to be doing. Probably something a lot more interesting than what I'm doing, but at least I'm not running errands! 

I couldn't help, but smile as I sorted through the racks. These clothes are so beautiful and made out of the softest, high end materials. Just being able to hold them in my hands felt like a blessing.

"Why are you so happy?" I jump from the sudden question, startled by the fact that someone was right behind me watching.

I turn to find Beckett leaning against the wall with his head titled, an amused smile on his face as he looked at me. "I've never seen someone sort through clothes with so much enthusiasm and concentration. By the way, sorry for scaring you." 

Chuckling, I shake my head at him. "It's fine. And since you're wondering, Maia seems to be cutting me some slack since I'm not going after everyone's coffee needs today. I'm actually doing something productive." I gesture a hand to the racks behind me.

"Ahh, I see," He pauses for a second, "So... I'm guessing that means you're too busy to grab lunch with me today?" 

I sigh, "Unfortunately." I suddenly notice my hunger by the sound of my stomach growling just from the mention of food. Beckett laughs, "I'll bring you something back from that Thai place."

"Oh you're too kind." I smile back at him and then he says his goodbyes before leaving for lunch.  I continue my work and before I know it, it's almost four o'clock. I've already sent down the clothes and now I was at my station, working on some sketches. 

Right now, I've decided on more of a summer in Europe theme, sketching out patterns and outfits that would match. Basically outfits people would wear when they're strolling the streets of Paris or riding a bike in Amsterdam. The clothes will all range depending on the activity and time of day. I want it to be summery to fit in with the theme of the summer fashion show, but I want to make sure my designs are unique and in style. I'm still working on my ideas so it may change. 

I'm too busy sketching, my mind in it's own world that I don't even notice Beckett approach my station until he's cleared his throat for apparently the third time.

My head snaps up and I look up at him in bewilderment. He's looking back at me with amusement clear in his eyes. "You've got amazing concentration," He comments with a little grin.

"Sorry," I answer, closing up my sketchbook. Beckett shakes his head, waving a hand to say not to worry about it as he takes a seat across from me. 

We sit together and have lunch which is great because Beckett is nice and I got to learn a little more about him. 

Apparently he's been modelling from a young age, since he was around 4 years old. He was put into it because his two older sisters were also models so his parents got him into it at a very young age and he's been doing it ever since. He was also born and raised here in New York City.

Unfortunately, my lunch is cut short by Maia who has me back on my feet and working. I don't mind as much because at least I'm being assigned to do something productive other than doing a bunch of errands.

Maia has me following her around as she paced the building, asking me to help carry or grab certain fabrics for her. We pause at the elevator where Maia talks to another Senior designer, Fariah, I believe, and I see Justin and Savannah walking to the elevator together.

"You're leaving early?" Savannah asks with a pout on her face. I divert my eyes away from them almost right away. 

I haven't spoken to Justin since the incident that happened recently. Luckily, our paths haven't crossed much since that week, but of course I couldn't hide from him forever.

I feel Justin's eyes on me as they reached the elevator together. 

Although he didn't say anything to me and I didn't look their way again. I prefer not to have too much attention on me right now, especially since the way things are going with Maia and the fact that Savannah and I don't get along at all. 

Justin stiffly replies to her, "I have something going on tonight." 

"Oh!" Savannah claps her hands together, "Is it a party or something?"

"Nothing important." Justin brushes her off. The elevator doors ding, singling that they're arrived to our floor and have just opened up, but Maia is still talking to Fariah. 

Before Savannah can say anything else, Justin dismisses the conversation by entering the elevator. He momentarily brushes past him as he enters the shaft and I freeze up on the spot. I can still feel his eyes on me as stands in the elevator. Luckily, the doors close and I feel myself let out a breath I didn't realize i was holding.

Unfortunately for me, Savannah was still here.

"Going on another coffee run, Ivy?" She sneers as she passes by me, knocking her should right against me to pass through. 

I don't respond to her words. I'm not in the mood to deal with her. Maia and I get back to going around the building. 

I'm a little surprised when we stop outside of Ms Mallette's office. Josephine is exiting as we approach the door and tells Maia that Ms Mallette is waiting inside for her. 

The blonde merely nods at me in acknowledgement, her eyes are still cold and her mouth is pulled into a grim line, but I'll take it!

We enter Ms Mallette's extremely lavish office and I take the opportunity to take in the office structure in amazement. I'm absolutely stunned on how nicely put together it is.

It has a very modern and sleek look. The walls are a bright white that look like they could be stained by a finger smudge in a matter of seconds if they were touched. A desk sat one end of the room with a laptop and a coffee mug were on top. I noticed a few sketches littered the desk.

On the other side of the table were two black leather seats. Behind where Ms Mallette would sit was a painting that was in between the two windows that overlooked Manhattan. 

Ms Mallette was standing over her desk, but she looked up as soon as we entered. "Let's move to the conference room." She says after greeting Maia and I we follow behind her as she walks to the door on the other side of the door that is attached to the conference room. Apparently this conference room is her personal one that can only be accessed from her side of the office with her personal set of keys.

A dark, long table sat in the middle of the room, opposite from the large window that allowed an immense amount of light into the room. A lot of the chairs were replaced by mannequin stands some fabric was speed out onto the large table.

"Set the fabrics you brought up with the others." Ms Mallette instructs to me and I do as she says, still a little stars trucked to just even be in this room. It was a little amazing to see where Ms Mallette creates her own designs. 

"Are we almost set for the big event?" Maia questions and I glance over at the two women. I already know what she's asking about.

This year, Ms Mallette is hosting an extremely exclusive charity launch party to feature and present a few designs that will be auctioned off to raise money for charity. Exclusive and one of a kind designs will be auctioned as well as unreleased designs.

This is a very big and well known event that hosted by Ms Mallette. It's all anyone ever talks about and I can't believe I've been so wrapped up in the upcoming fashion show to even realize how close the event is.

I heard that interns don't get to go. Only Senior designers and a few Junior designers are invited.

"It's coming along, but not as quickly as it usually does," Ms Mallette admits, shaking her head. She seems a little stressed. "The event is this week and i'm still trying to get the last minute details together, but I'm so damn busy that I can't seem to find the time! And you know me, Maia, I don't trust anyone with my work because if you want to get something done right, you have to do it yourself." 

That's when I got an idea. Before I could even stop myself and process my thought, I'm speaking up. "I know this might not be an ideal, but I could help you." 

This causes both the senior designers to whip their heads in my direction as if they both forgot that I was even there in the first place which, now that I think of it, is probably true.

"What?" Maia sputters out as she stares me at me as if I've gone insane for even suggestion such a thing.

Ms Mallette eyes me for a few seconds as if she was trying to figure out if I was being serious or not. 

The sudden attention from both the ladies in front of me make me realize how foolish I was to even suggest the idea. An intern helping arrange such a prestige and important event hosted by someone as renown as Patricia Mallette herself just sounds utterly ridiculous. 

Not only that, but it would only give me a couple of days to get this all done. Things that would take months and months of planning! 

For some reason, Maia's glare doesn't stop me from talking. "I'll do everything you say and just how you want it. All the details will go as you plan, I'll just be arranging them for you so you don't have to be overcrowded with work." I finish. 

They are still staring at me and I start to feel a little uncomfortable, but I try not to show it as I hold my self still instead of shifting uncomfortably under their stares.

Ms Mallette is the first to speak. "What's your name?" 

"Ivy Bell," I reply with the last drop of confidence I had me. She's is so going to be excusing me from my internship. Oh no.

"Well, Ivy," Ms Mallette's blue eyes are intensely staring back at me as she drawls out my name, "As absurd and laughable your suggestion may be, I am so busy in work that I will actually take you up on your suggestion."

Maia gasps and I feel like the air has just been knocked out of me. Am I even hearing her correctly? 

"You can't be serious, Patricia! She's an intern and this event is one of your most important events." Maia's eyes are practically bulging out of their sockets and I'm scared that they will come right out and break her glasses.

Ms Mallette brushes her comment off as she steps up towards me. "You do realize that this means you will be following my specific instructions and that if this event does not go the way I expect it to that you will be dismissed right away?"

Her gaze is intimidating and her tone is serious. I understand the consequences if this does not go as planned, but I make sure that when I answer her, I answer with all the confidence I can muster. "Yes." 

She straightens her shoulders. "Very well then. I expect to see you here very early tomorrow morning at 6 AM and you will be staying later than usual. Your hours here will be extended if you plan to get any of this done." She says before turning her back on me to examine the fabrics I just brought in.

"You are excused, Ivy." Ms Mallette waves me off and it takes me a second to realize what she just said before I back out of the room and close the door behind me, leaving a calm Ms Mallette and an incredibly stunned Maia back in the conference room. 

Hopefully I don't mess this up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

And now Ivy has a new challenge set into her hands!! We shall see how this all goes... :)hahahah

Anyways, i am so sorry that I haven't had the chance to update!! I've been super duper busy with school and it sucks :( hopefully i'll be able to update more frequently, but I'm not sure if that will happen

I hope you're all doing well 

-Diana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 367 37
She wasn't someone I expected myself to fall in love with. I was Justin Bieber, international popstar. She was just some ordinary girl who kept hers...
9.8K 546 33
Ariana Grande 19, had just got accepted into UCLA. She goes to school. Ariana finds something disturbing and she needs to stop it. Justin Bieber, 19...
823K 12.9K 198
This will be a story filled with imagines about Justin Bieber! I hope you will enjoy reading these imagines, because I really enjoyed writing them...
227K 6K 48
What will happen when life gives you a chance to meet and actually go on Tour with your idol, Justin Bieber himself for three months ? "You are frien...