The Internship -Justin Bieber-

By escapehemmings

Ivory Bell moved all the way to New York for one thing only. To get an internship at Pattie Mallette's fashio... More

Chapter 1: The internship
Chapter 2: Douchebag alert
Chapter 3: The photoshoot
Chapter 4: The run in
Chapter 5: Infuriating models
Chapter 6: Common ground
Chapter 7: The big surprise
Chapter 8: Mother and son
Chapter 10: Trapped together
Chapter 11: An absurd idea
Chapter 12: Last minute request
Chapter 13: Fashion launch disaster
Chapter 14: Drunk acts
Chapter 15: The ticket
Chapter 16: 2 AM kiss
Chapter 17: More than a pretty face
Chapter 18: The surprise party
Chapter 19: Night at the Pig's Pen
Chapter 20: Family Relationships
Chapter 21: Mother and Daughter
Long time no update!
Chapter 22: The Gig and the Special Surprise
Chapter 23: The Aftermath
Chapter 24: Blue Blazers and Blue Eyes
Chapter 25: Gentle Touches and Unspoken Promises
Chapter 26: A Flame In The Heart
Chapter 27: It's A Date
Chapter 28: One On One
Chapter 29: The Love Spot
Chapter 30: Summer Heat
2019 Watty Nominations!
Chapter 31: Looking Out For You
Chapter 32: Out Of Reach
Chapter 33: Teary Eyed
Chapter 34: The Last Touch

Chapter 9: Lashing out

4.3K 178 18
By escapehemmings

Ivy Bell:

The next morning, I forced myself to leave the comfort of my bed to get ready for an extremely long day back at the internship.

I was extremely tired because I stayed up all night to work on my designs for the fashion show. Nothing is certain yet, but I've been sketching and trying to figure out patterns and fabrics I'd like to include in my future designs.

I have to keep my sketchbook close and ensure it is with me at all times if I bring it out of the apartment. If I lose it, I risk losing all of the designs I have ever sketched in this booklet. 

Deciding it would be best to leave it at home today, I close up my sketchbook before setting it aside on my desk. After getting dressed and brushing my teeth, I head out a bit earlier than usual to grab some coffee for Maia, Jonah, myself and even Josephine.

As usual, I order Maia her venti soy quadruple shot latte with no foam, a cappuccino for both Jonah and Josephine, I asked Jonah ahead of time on what they both like, and a latte for myself. I double checked to ensure that the barista got Maia's order right about three times before thanking the annoyed woman behind the counter. 

"Have a lovely day!" I grin on my way out. 

Just the thought of having coffee made me super giddy so when I entered past the glass doors that morning to find Jonah leaning against the lobby desk, he arched an eyebrow. "Good morning little miss sunshine, you seem oddly happy."

"I'm always happy," I counter back, placing the coffees on the marble top of the reception desk. The only time I'm generally unhappy is when Justin is around and since he isn't here right now, it means I can enjoy my coffee in peace!

Jonah playfully rolls his eyes at me and I say a good morning to Josephine who warily eyes me and mumbles a small 'hi' back before busying herself with her work.

"Coffee run?" Jonah questions, bringing my attention back to the coffee out in front of us. "Oh, I actually brought two for you guys!" I exclaim, taking out the two cappuccinos for the couple.

Josephine looks surprised by my friendly gesture as I hand her a cup. She hesitantly takes it, her blue eyes unsure. "Thanks..." She replies. 

Jonah doesn't hesitate to take his cup. "You are a life saver, thanks Ivy." He grins, taking a sip.

"No problem, now if you'll excuse me, I need to find Maia before her coffee gets cold."

Bidding a quick goodbye to the two, I make my way through the building to find Maia. Unsurprisingly, she's on the tenth floor, barking orders at interns. I patiently wait until she's done yelling at people to give her the coffee.

She turns, suddenly feeling my presence. Her eyes are blazing in annoyance when she swivels to look at me, ready to snap at my reason for being so close, but her eyes land on the coffee extended out to her before she can hiss out an insult.

"What is that?" She eyes it suspiciously.

"It's your usual order. I thought you might like some so I picked it up for you," I wait for her to take it, but she doesn't.

"Is it a-"

"Venti soy quadruple shot latte with no foam? Yes." I finish for her, still waiting for her to take the coffee which is finally does.

"Did you-"

"Check? Yes I did."

"Th-"

"Three times." I confirm in a light voice and Maia sighs.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little cranky right now, but this should help lighten my mood. Thank you, Ivory." She sends a small smile my way and I grin to myself when I realize how much happier she looks with a cup of coffee in hand. If only coffee could solve all our problems. 

"No problem," I respond, "I'll go drop my stuff off at my station." I say, adjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder, holding my own coffee in my other hand.

"Hurry, we have lots to do." She informs me and I nod.

When I return, Maia and I get to work. I notice she slowly starts to relax which makes me smile. At least she's not so moody anymore.

Maia eventually dismisses me to sort through fabrics so I set up at my station and go through the new shipment. A few stations away, I notice Savannah and Justin chatting away. More like Savannah talking and Justin listening with a bored expression on his face, if he was even listening at all.

I felt a little uncomfortable just being in the same room as him, knowing that he is actually Ms Mallette's son. I'm not sure why, but it felt like I knew something that I wasn't supposed to know about him even though I'm certain everyone was well aware of that detail.

His gaze suddenly focuses at my desk, catching me as I watched the two. Out of habit, I find myself instantly looking away, regretting the decision to even peer in his direction in the first place. Crap.

My stomach churns when I feel someone approach my desk, but I didn't lift my head up as I sorted through the fabrics. I already knew who it was.

"Why do you stare at me all the goddamn time?" He finally speaks up.

Ugh. I lift my head up from my work. "I don't stare at you all the time." 

Or do I? 

Uh oh.

He leans against the table behind him, allowing his arms to hold him up with the palms of his hands flat against the table. Today, he was dressed in a grey v neck sweater with the collar of his white button up sticking out. It was weird to see all his tattoos covered up and professional looking when he wasn't on set.

"Don't you have a photoshoot to do?" I ask, putting my focus back onto the work in front of me.

"No."

"Then why are you even here? Or dressed up like that for that matter?" I question. I've seen Justin outside of the fashion studio, specifically at the Marcello's where he apparently preforms with his band. He doesn't dress like this and to be honest, I thought he couldn't care less to try and make an impression here. Much less dress professionally at the studio. He just didn't seem like the type. 

"I always dress like this." He says through gritted teeth.

"Whatever you say."

I continue my work and hope he'll just leave, but he doesn't. He just stands there, watching. I feel uncomfortable under his harsh gaze, he was just too intimidating, even when he was dressed up like one of my uni professors.

"Justin!" Savannah's voice pipes up. Oh no.

The blonde girl approaches my station, placing a hand on Justin's shoulder to catch his attention. I notice how he instantly stiffens, as if he's refraining himself from shrugging her hand off. "You just walked off," She laughs, "I wanted to show you my designs!"

Justin finally does shrug off her hand. "That's okay."

"But I insist." She smiles, already pulling out her sketchbook to show him. I watch with my eyebrows raised as she flips through it and Justin glares down at her book and then at me when he notices the amusement in my eyes.

Savannah snaps her head up as if she's finally noticed me sitting there. Her eyes narrow into slits as she stares at me. "Can I help you?" Her tone is sharp.

"Actually, if you don't mind I'm trying to work here so if you two could go..." I trail off. If they want to look at her designs that's fine, but I do not need to hear Savannah going on and on as she shows off.

It's Justin's turn to look amused as he looks at Savannah might have snapped back at me for my comment, but she doesn't get to because Maia walks over, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Justin, stop distracting my interns." She frowns, looking at him through her thick rimmed glasses that were perched on the end of her nose.

He pushes himself off the desk and raises his hands up in surrender. "Hey, don't blame me. I can't control my alluring looks and how they attract women."

I snort at his comment, causing the three to look at me. "Alluring?" I practically laugh, "You wish."

Justin rolls his eyes, but instead of getting angry, he looks a little more amused. "Fūck off, yeah?"

"Justin!" Maia warns him. She grabs him back the shoulders and forcefully turns his body in the other direction. "Out!"

He just chuckles and mockingly salutes her before leaving. And for the first time since I met him, I didn't want to shut his mouth shut with some duct tape.

~

"Can't you be on time for anything? Just once?" I sigh.

Justin scoffs as he shakes his head and stands on the platform in front of the three way mirror.

Two days have passed since our little conversation and I haven't talked to him since, until today that is. I occasionally passed him in the building, but we never spoke a word to each other. He's gone back to his moody ways, being extremely closed off and unapproachable once again.

Savannah is still always hot on his heels, but this time he doesn't seem to mind the attention. Instead, he accepts it like the person he is. I'm sure the constant attention from the female population helps feed into his enlarging ego.

"Okay, he's ready!" I call to Maia, waiting for her to bring in another intern to do the job. It's almost time to go home and I really wanted to leave on time tonight. I spend so much time here even after I'm supposed to go that I don't get time to do my own things or work on my designs for the fashion show.

And today, I have a good feeling that Justin is in a snarky mood by the way he patiently taps his feet and glares at me with his arms crossed over his chest.

Maia peaks her head into the room. "You know how to take measurements, don't you?"

"Yes-"

"So do it." She says in a flat tone before ducking right out.

Sighing, I grab the stuff I need to take his measurement's for the new outfit he needs to model. Usually, this is done on the mannequins, but to ensure that they are the perfect we need to get the right measurement for the model wearing the clothes.

With Justin standing up on the platform, his height has increased even when he was already taller than me, making him even more intimidating. Not to mention, he had his eyes fixed on me with a permanent scowl on his face.

Once i'm ready, I turn to face him. "You need to take off your jacket." I say, trying not to look at him directly in the eyes.

His frown seems to deepen in annoyance, but he doesn't say a word as he shrugs off his black leather jacket, revealing the simple white t shirt he wore underneath. He tossed the jacket onto the plush red chair nearby and straightens up again.

I take in his tattoo's that were now on display, but I force myself to tear my gaze away from the distracting yet intriguing ink that was covering his skin.

I took the measurements, walking around Justin to do so and then writing them down on a notepad that would be sent down to Josephine who will pass it on to one of the other interns to get the correct outfit in his measurements for him to wear for the photoshoot.

"Can you hurry up?" He snaps. Justin seemed a little stiff throughout the whole process. "You're taking your damn time to do something that should take a few seconds."

Huffing, I bite my tongue from snapping back at me. I hate how he gets on my nerves so much. It isn't like me to be so exasperated, but just being around him makes me lose my bubbly manner in a matter of seconds.

"I'm done," I mumble, taking a few steps back to allow him to hop off the platform. He does, striding over to grab his leather jacket and shrugging it on. When he does, he heads for the door, but I stop him. "Where are you going? You need to wait here to get changed for the photoshoot."

Justin halts, but doesn't bother turning his head to look at me. "I'm not staying," He says and I freeze.

"What? But-"

"Just lay off my fūcking back, Ivy! I'm not staying. You got your damn measurements and now I'm going to go." He suddenly turns, eyes blazing with anger.

"You can't just go," I start to panic. If he leaves, Maia will demand to know why and be upset with me. "I'll get in trouble if you aren't there for the photoshoot. This is important, you know. It's not some silly thing you can just walk out on because it's going to end up affecting other people like the photographer, myself, Maia and even your mother!" I say the words before I can stop myself.

Justin's eyes turn to slits and his jaw clenches. "What did you just say?" He almost growls, his voice deep and threatening.

Oh gosh. I just struck a cord with him. Clearly, I shouldn't have mentioned that fact that Ms Mallette was his mother. I didn't know why since apparently everybody knows that the two are related, but he obviously didn't want me to know or announce it.

I try to apologize. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"To say that?" He mocks me and I shrink a bit under his hard gaze, "I don't give a damn if you get into trouble, Ivy. You're just an intern, so stop telling me what to do." And with that, he turns and stomps out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

I can't believe that just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Uh oh, Justin and Ivy are not getting along too well. But do not worry, there is more to come :)

-Diana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 367 37
She wasn't someone I expected myself to fall in love with. I was Justin Bieber, international popstar. She was just some ordinary girl who kept hers...
806K 22.2K 142
Holly-May doesn't know the number she's texting accidently turns out to be Justin Biebers...will she find out? Highest Ranking: #9 in Fanfiction, #2...
479K 7.1K 134
@JustinBieber and 300 others liked you photo @JustinBieber and 150 others started following you Cover Made by @itsssLeLe Highest rankings ATM: #8 i...
227K 6K 48
What will happen when life gives you a chance to meet and actually go on Tour with your idol, Justin Bieber himself for three months ? "You are frien...