Cold Mate

By Itztyciaaj

He's the most heartless Alpha to ever exist, it says it all in the great books and even in kids bedtime stori... More

Chapter 1 (Douche bag)
Chapter 2 (Everyone Deserves To Be Loved)
Chapter 3 (The Denial)
Chapter 4 (Leaving Home)
Chapter 5 (The arrival)
Chapter 6 (After Introduction Comes The Dreams)
Chapter 7 (Never A Fairytale)
Chapter 8 (I love her not)
Chapter 9 (Background History)
Chapter 10 (There's more to Him)
Chapter 11 (The World Of Friendship And Rejection)
Chapter 12 (Mystery Solved)
Chapter 13 (I'll Kill Anyone Who Tries To Harm You.)
Chapter 14(I Really Want Her Back Here With Me)
Chapter 15 (The Effort Is All That Matters)
Chapter 16 (Start of the Love Battle)
Chapter 17(Your Duties or Me?)
Chapter 18 (The Guardian)

Chapter 19 (Sorry Isn't Enough to Fix This)

8.3K 248 123
By Itztyciaaj

In a matter minutes, I was on a bed with Doc Nat examining me. He gave me a shot which led to my unconsciousness.

I awoke staring at the ceiling; feeling blinded by a bright light my eyes had to adjust to, there was no pain. It had disappeared and my mouth felt dry. The smell of Jordan hit my nose and I sat up to find him asleep on a chair next to my bed. The laughter that erupted from my throat was loud and raspy which I think woke him up. My mind is playing tricks on me again, he looked like my mate. Blinking for about ten times Léo still had Jordan's face.

"Jordan really is driving me," I said out of discontentment.

He got up and got me a bottle of water, "I'm glad I am." Wait a minute he sounded like Jordan, I stared at him in disbelieve. Tapping my cheeks to wake myself up he spoke again, "This isn't the reaction I expected." Oh, my sweet potato pie it is my mate. I threw the sheets off me and pulled him in for a tight embrace.

Not being able to control myself, I pushed him away crying out of anger and relief. "What in God's name wrong with you, no calls, no nothing, how in the world did you expect me to survive? Do you have any idea how scared I was with thoughts of something happening to you? I know you're heartless but this was too much," I kept on ranting and he did nothing but stare at me silently, I probably looked and sounded crazy. He stepped closer and unexpectedly hugged me causing me to shut up.

"I promise to never do that to you again. Honestly, if I hadn't done that, it would have been hard for me to focus since you pretty much occupied my mind every second of the day." I smiled feeling happy that he was thinking about me. It felt good to have him back in my arms and not in that of the wicked witch.

"Do you know what happened to me?" I asked.

He nodded, "Doctor Nat says it was a severe migraine but you'll be alright."

"When did you arrive?"

"This morning, your cousin and uncle send their greetings. I bet you're hungry, what do you want to eat?" I wondered if he was going to cook for me.

All I craved for was some soup, "vegetable soup would do."

"Louise made some for when you wake up. I'll go get it." I nodded and he left to get it. I went to the bathroom to rinse my mouth and wash my face then put my hair in a bun.

After I was done with the soup, Jordan took the plates out and Doc Nat came in to do further checks on me to make sure I was good. "You seem fine and ready to go unless you want to stay here and keep me company." We both laughed knowing there was no way that was going to happen because I wanted to spend time with Jordan.

"As much as I would love to stay, I want to go back to my room," I replied.

"Alright, if you need company, you know where to find me." He said and left, Jordan came in a few minutes after him.

"Can I stay with you for the night?" I asked him, not wanting to be alone; I wanted him closer thinking back to what Ash said earlier that no one knew what would happen if Elisa was to return. Now it was my duty to make sure that her presence wouldn't impact our relationship.

He nodded, "Yeah sure, you can sleep in my room." I thought he was going to turn me down. We went upstairs to his room. This was my third time in his room and remembering how I took a picture of him cracked me up. Jordan probably thought I was crazy, as a matter of fact, that photo is my wallpaper. I turned to ask him more about the trip but he was very close all of a sudden. I started freaking out inside even though, this was what I wanted.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. Staring into my eyes, he looked down at my lips and back into my eyes before kissing me. I instantly responded to his lips on mine and man did it feel good as my mate kissed me with such dominance and intensity. He lifted me up and put me on his bed but our lips never broke apart with him on top of me, I pulled him closer, hungry for more of him. Our kiss was filled with so much hunger, passion, and want. I moaned and he moved his lips away from mine kissing down my neck.

Having his lips on my body leaving burning trails wherever he kissed drove me insane. He pulled at the hem my shirt and I took it off leaving me in my bra. Jordan groaned and captured my lips again; I managed to flip us over with me on top, as I kissed down his neck slowly grinding on him. Then the moment that brought everything to a sudden halt, he said the name "Elisa." He opened his eyes to look at me and cussed under his breath.

I put my shirt back on, "Did you see her?" I asked him. The possibility of him meeting her on his trip was very high. "Did you not call me all those days you were busy having the time of your life with that witch? Ash was covering for you wasn't he, huh tell me." At this moment my mind was racing and my rage was uncontrollable. To think I stupidly believed him when he told me I was on his mind the whole time that he was there.

"What are you talking about, you know I went there to help your uncle's pack so drop the accusation."

I rolled my eyes "do you hear that Jordan"?

He looked at me confused, "what"?

"Your bullshit. Why won't you just admit to the truth that you saw her? Your excuse maker told you everything about her being the leader of the new breed and with you going to my uncle's pack, there was a possibility that you two would meet and calling her name makes it clear that you did see her." My assumptions were right and he knew it but he acted surprised, such a pretender. To think he had the audacity to kiss me and play me like the fool he sees me as.

"How did you know about her and the new breed?" He questioned me with stern eyes, something he does that doesn't scare me anymore.

"That's not the issue here, did you see your lover or not?" That was the question I needed him to answer.

Jordan moved closer but I stood my ground, "I didn't see her, believe me."

"The fact that you're denying it makes me feel sick being around you." I spat and left making sure to slam the door as hard as I could.

I went into my room locking the door behind me, Jordan kept knocking on my door and I screamed at him to leave. I started packing my things, wanting to go back home and stay with my family for some time before I come back to this madness. After packing I took a nice warm bath and went to bed.

It was early in the morning when I heard someone banging on my door, thinking it was my mate, I ignored it and went back to sleep. When I woke up someone was in my room, I saw Jordan sitting across from me on the stool in front of my dresser. "Good morning," he said but I ignored him, took some clothes and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, showered and washed my hair making sure to take a long time blow drying it before putting it in a bun. I got dressed and went out thinking my mate would be gone but no, he was still seated at the exact same spot.

Since I didn't want to talk to him, I mind linked Ash to find out where he was and luckily he was somewhere outside the pack house. I told him to come upstairs to my room and sat on my bed staring back at Jordan wondering how he got into my room but I didn't bother to ask. Ash came in and that ended our staring contest.

"Luna," he said and I smiled up at him.

"Beta, can you deliver a message to your Alpha for me."

He looked between me and Jordan confused but he replied either way.

"Sure, what would you like for me to tell him?"

"Tell the Alpha that Leticia wants to go back to her pack, upon..." as always I was interrupted by the Alpha.

"You are not going anywhere," I shot him an angry look and continued to speak to Ash.

"Before I was rudely interrupted as you just witnessed, tell the Alpha I want to go back home to my family and that I don't know when I will return."

Ash looked at Jordan who commanded him to leave, I stood to leave with him but he gripped my wrist "not you." I retracted my wrist from his hold when Ash left, "don't ever touch me again." I told him angrily. "I want to leave."

"And I said you're not going anywhere," he responded sternly and I was about to respond when my phone started ringing. Lo and behold Spence has decided to return my call.

I picked up, "not now Spence." His voice cracked before speaking, has he been crying? "What's going on Spence?" I questioned him in worry hoping nothing bad had happened.

"My dad is dead," he voiced out. What the hell, he must think I'm stupid.

"I swear Spence you better not be playing any silly pranks on me." It was hard to believe considering my mate just came from their pack.

It sounded like he had been crying, "I'm not Leti, he's gone, my dad is gone." Tears started falling out of my eyes because it was hard to believe that the man who treated me like his daughter when I stayed with him years back was no longer in this world. Jordan came closer but I moved away from him.

"Oh my goodness Spence, I'm so sorry, when is the funeral?" I had to be there.

"Tomorrow night," he replied and I said I was going to be there. He said my parents had been informed and they were on their way there as we spoke. I gave him my condolences and we hung up.

"My uncle is dead and the funeral is tomorrow. I must go and I don't care what your decision is." My voice cracked but he said nothing and just hugged me, I tried to push him off me but he wouldn't budge so we stayed hugging with me crying on his shoulder.

After minutes of crying, he released me and said he wouldn't stop me. Léo came rushing in, I guess sensing my sorrow, "What's wrong he questioned?" Stopping in his tracks when he saw Jordan to acknowledge him.

"She lost her uncle, get ready, you will be accompanying her to his funeral in the Golden Knight Pack with Ken and McKenzie." Léo nodded and left. Jordan mind linked the others to inform them. He stayed with me as I replaced the clothes I packed with dark-colored ones.

"Leticia, about what happened last night," I flashed him an angry look causing him to stop talking. I was in no mood to listen to him try to convince me that he didn't see her.

Watching Ken and Tom load our bags into the car, I felt relieved that I was getting away from Jordan, from thinking about him and being with my family in such a time when they needed me. I said my goodbyes to Louise, Lex, Inaya, and Ash. Vince was nowhere to be found and I didn't spare my mate a glance before leaving.

We got to the pack with my parents, siblings, Spence and a few pack members waiting for us. I recognized an Elder standing next to my cousin. I ran to my dad crying. "Dear, things happen for a reason, pull yourself together." His soothing words calmed me down as I composed myself and introduced Léo, Ken, and McKenzie to my family.

It felt good seeing my family there, my siblings and I caught up and I told them about how weird it felt not seeing then every day and how crazy it was being mated to the Alpha King. My mom knew something was up but I told her not to worry and that it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

The funeral was conducted at night. When the Elder was conducting the funeral, I felt the presence of someone. Someone who wasn't supposed to be there was there. "As the the soul of a great wolf goes to stay with the Moon Goddess forever, Alpha we let loose your soul for the last time before you ascend to the goddess." Once the Elder ended his speech, a large ghastly wind started blowing and in the form of a tornado, the wind surrounded the tombstone my uncle's body laid on.

The wind went around the tombstone three times and my uncle's wolf appeared, looking around with a wolf grin, his gaze stayed longer on my dad then Spencer before it disappeared. The wind stopped and everything calmed, my uncle's dead body was then buried.

As everyone left, I stayed behind. Léo did too but I told him to go ahead without me and that I would return in no time. Alone in the middle of the clearing, I spoke loudly, "Whoever you are, don't be a coward and run, show your face." I heard a rustling noise and two pairs of red eyes, the twins. I laughed loudly, "Long time Rousel and Tristan, I see you two missed me."

They came out into the clearing and so did a female. She looked familiar but I couldn't figure out where I saw her. "Acting too brave don't you think Leticia?" She said and as she got closer I recognized her, the woman from the salon.

"I see you kept to your word when you said you'd see me around," I said repeating what she told me at the salon.

With a creepy laugh, she replied, "I always keep to my word."

"Lisa or whoever you are what do you want from me," I questioned going straight to the point.

"I thought you would have figured it out already," she looked at the twin and they all started laughing, crazy much? "I want Jordan," she said and it all started to make sense. Lisa was her name, Elisa. Gosh, how dumb could I have been to not have figured it out already.

"If you want Jordan why don't you just go for him, the man is all yours," I told her thinking back to last night when my mate called out her name instead of mine.

She looked at me confused, "you want me to go for your husband, without a fight."

I'm very positive she had something to do with the death of my uncle because although the pack members don't know, Spencer told me his heart was ripped out and there was a dark rose next to his body when they found him. "Did you kill my uncle because of Jordan?" I asked her hoping that wasn't the reason but I was wrong, it was.

"A word of advice, protect your loved ones dearly or they are going to end up like your good for nothing uncle who couldn't do anything to fight when his heart was being ripped out of his body." I wanted to rip her into shreds at her statement. Shay was fighting me to come out, she did but then I overpowered her.

I glared at her, "Don't you dare get my family involved in this mess," I growled but she laughed hard and disappeared into the woods with the twins. I screamed fighting Shay who was gradually taking control over my body. I could feel her anger and if she took over my body, it would be very hard to regain control. Shay overpowered me and took over my body in human form. I'm still Leticia when Shay takes over just that I tend to be more aggressive and violent.

Note: Even though Shay has taken over Leticia's body, the story will still be told from the first person point of view like before because they're still one person.

Returning to the pack house, I went straight to Spencer who was in his dad's study with his beta, my father, the Elder, neighboring pack Alphas and a few older members of their pack. He looked at me crazy at first but then his eyes widen when he realized Shay had taken over. "How secure is your border," I questioned.

"And who are you to interrupt this meeting?" An Alpha asked.

"One who can end your pathetic life in a matter of seconds so do yourself a favor and shut the hell up." My dad glared at me with disapproval and his eyes also widened like Spence when he realized the change.

He laughed out loud standing up, "do you know who you are talking to."

This man was seriously getting on my nerves do I need to cut his tongue to shut him up. "Do you also know who I am?"

He looked at Spencer and around the room, "I did not come all the way here to bicker with an insolent she-wolf, its either she leaves or we all leave." It seemed like he was speaking on behalf of the other Alphas gathered around.

I laughed finding the whole argument both disrespectful and entertaining; I advanced towards him with my claws coming out and a deadly glare fixated on him, but before I got to him my dad interjected. "Move" I commanded but he still stood his ground. "Okay fine if you want to involve yourself in a fight that isn't yours then be my guest. I tried to push my dad out of my way but ended up clawing his arm leaving everyone in the room shocked. "Move," I said again but he didn't and I wasn't ready to have my dad's blood on my hands so I backed down.

"This she-wolf is the Luna of the Dark Heart Pack just so you know and this right here is not over." There was shock written all over his face and it was at this moment he realized that he had messed with the wrong one.

"Luna, I am very sorry, please forgive my ignorance."

Looking at him and my dad's bleeding arm I responded, "Apology not accepted. I have a lot to handle right now but just keep it at the back of your mind that I have a score to settle with you." The room was quiet after I spoke until Spencer cleared his throat.

"Back to my question, Spence how secure is your border?"

"It's very secure and patrol had been tightened since the new breed started becoming a problem for us."

"Well, it isn't secured enough because there were three new breeds at your father's funeral." Looking around the room to address the various Alphas, "you all need to improve patrol in your various packs, just because they have been attacking this pack doesn't mean they won't come after you. My advice is for all of you is to devise new plans and ways to improve patrol in your territories because trust and believe, they will come after you too.

I went to my dad and offered to take him to the pack doctor to get his wound looked at. "Dad I'm very sorry I didn't plan on hurting you, if only you had moved this wouldn't have happened."

"If I hadn't, you would have hurt the Alpha in front of everyone creating a problem for you and your mate. I know you barely ever listen to me Shay but please leave that Alpha and his pack alone." I hated when he tried to get involved in my problems with others. "You injured me so you have to obey me this time around."

"What if I don't want to, you caused this on yourself, I told you to move but you chose not to listen. It's his fault you got hurt and for that, he needs to be dealt with, plus he disrespected me."

My dad took my hand "promise me you will let this go Shay." He stared at me until I agreed to let the whole situation go. "Why are you here anyways?"

"Leticia invited me to take over for some time."

"You and I both know it's a lie so start speaking." Shaking my head at him, this man knows me so much that it annoys me.

"We have to settle business with someone and Leticia is not strong enough to handle the situation that's why I have taken over." He asked no more questions. The pack doctor treated his wound and he had started to heal.

The next morning, I woke up very angry at my mate, he is the cause of all this pain my aunt, Spencer, and their pack members were going through. My mom and sister came to my room and we went to see my aunt for the last time. After making sure my family was safely on their way home, Ken and I worked with Spencer to come up with more patrol measures for his pack before heading back home.

Léo knew something was up with me but he did not ask me anything. Getting to the pack house, Inaya was the first one to approach us, hugging her mate before addressing me "welcome back Luna, hope your journey was a pleasant one."

"It was a sad one. Glad to be back home." Turning to Leo, "you guys should head back home, it has been long since you last saw each other." He nodded giving me a questionable look before leaving.

Ken took my luggage upstairs to my room and McKenzie walked up to me. "Is everything okay Luna? I can't really place my hands on it but something about you has changed."

"I'm okay, guess it still hasn't sunk in that my uncle is no more," I replied and thanked her before she left. Standing there alone in front of the pack house, I knew my mate wasn't there because I couldn't sniff him out. I instantly mind linked him and he told me that he was at his house and within a short period of time I was there.

The door was unlocked so I went inside and locked it behind me. My mate was already downstairs and upon seeing me he made his way to come and hug me. "Don't you dare take one step closer." I stopped him in his tracks enraged.

"What's wrong Shay"?

"From now on I need you to stay away from me forever, you heard me. Don't speak to me, don't touch me don't make any type of contact with me. You have Elisa for a reason and I am not ready to lose any more members of my family for you. One piece of advice, protect that witch lover of yours because the next time I see her, it's either I die or she does." I told him and he stood there in silence, my guess is that he was absorbing everything I was telling him. With my purpose being accomplished, I left his house and went back to the pack house. Midway to the pack house, he appeared behind me but I didn't turn to look at him or anything, looking straight ahead to the house and finally to my room.

Being awoken by Lex and Vince in the morning wasn't something I was expecting but their annoying selves were already in my room. Lex smelled different and I yelled it out in excitement before she told me, "you're pregnant"? She nodded and I went to give her a bone crushing hug. "I'm going to be an aunty."

"Okay so we need to start planning the baby's nursery, setting up the crib and deciding on the decor you want to use and when it's old enough, we can start shopping for clothes." Squealing in excitement, I looked at Vince we will soon be changing diapers and babysitting. I swear we'll be the coolest aunt and uncle ever.

He hugged me out of nowhere, "we have missed you very much."

"I missed you guys too," I said as Lex joined the hug too.

"What happened to you, your eyes look different, they are light brown and from what I recall, you have always had dark brown eyes," Lex asked.

My eyes always turn a lighter shade whenever Shay took control over my human form. "Oh I'm still in pain at the death of my uncle that's why." I lied and shrugged it off.

"Anyway, we came to tell you to get dressed because we're going to the city to look at a few samples of the color I want to for the baby's nursery. We'll go get my friend Ines because she is coming with us. " I nodded and they left to go get her as I got ready.

Vince and I were in the front and Lex and Ines sat in the back. At the store, she decided to go with a light blue color for the walls of the nursery and made a few choices about the furniture and carpet but she said there was more time to make selections and that she would have to get the consent of Ash before she made final choices. At 'Babies R us', I could have sworn I saw a glimpse of Elisa but I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not so I ignored it even though my senses were heightened.

On our way back there was a wounded man in the middle of the road so Vince stopped the car to go check up on him. I knew something bad was going to happen so I told Lex to stay in the car with Ines. Getting down with Vince one of the twins emerged from behind a tree and the unconscious man in the middle of the road got up. About five new breed wolves surrounded us and I sent Léo a visual image and looked at the twin.

"We meet again Leticia." He said loudly as if I was deaf.

Smirking at him I replied, "I must say, I wasn't expecting to see you this soon but I'm glad you're here and you brought your slaves with you." I said pointing to the new breed. Taking a very deep breath and licking my lips with my eyes closed, I opened them to look at him smiling. "I can see death looming over the cloud and my blood thirst about to be quenched.

He laughed, "I smell a pregnant she-wolf," he said looking behind me at Lex who had gotten out of the car with Ines. I commanded her to get into the car and lock herself inside with Ines.

I cracked my neck and stretched before getting in a fighting stance with Vince. "You talk too much, just feed me my meals."

On that note he ordered the wolves to attack Vince and I. They were very easy to kill, all I had to do was crack their neck confirming my thought that they weren't trained to fight. I was fighting two males when I heard the window of the car we were driving crack. They were trying to attack Lex who got out of the car with Ines and were fighting their attackers. I quickly snapped the neck of the of the males and punched the other so hard in the throat that he fell on the floor gasping for air.

I ran to help Lex out but the twin attacked me. He kicked my ribs causing me to wince in pain. He began throwing kicks and punches my way which I swiftly managed to dodge. He punched me in the face so hard that I tasted my own blood. I smirked at him "you're dead." I kicked him with all my might and he fell to the ground. I got on top of him and began landing hard punches on his face that my fist was hurting. He looked weak even though he was trying to fight me off. I decided to kill him in the most sadistic way by strangling him. He kept clawing my hands but I didn't stop. I watched as he took his last breath and his soul left his body.

A loud scream erupted from behind the trees, the other twin emerged with Elisa and a large number of the new breed. "You killed Tristan"? Rousel asked, was that supposed to be a rhetorical question.

"You're not blind, you can see for yourself. Hopefully, the witch can resurrect him, something I highly doubt." I looked at Elisa and at this time, Jordan, Léo, Ash, and McKenzie had arrived.

"I guess we have ourselves a reunion here today, the two lovers meet each other for the first time in years. Isn't this romantic"? Vince, Lex, and Ines had finished fighting off their opponents and all eyes were on Jordan and Elisa. One could feel the force between them as my mate was being pulled towards the direction of the witch. My anger went from zero to infinity in that second and my body began to shake.

"Come to me Jordan." She muttered and opened her arms wide waiting for him to hug her but he paused in his tracks and turned to stare at me. I glared at him in return, this continued for about a minute and since he made no attempt to move towards my direction I spoke up.

"Dear Rousel, kindly send me an invitation to your brother's funeral. It would be a pleasure for his killer to be there in attendance." Walking up to Elisa, I whispered in her ear, "if anyone in my life gets hurt, know that Rousel will end up in the same position as his brother. After that, I would personally hunt you down and kill you myself, that's a promise." I threatened but I knew my mate and Rousel heard me loud and clear.

She had the audacity to laugh at my words and reply, "I'll be waiting for you." Then, she walked up to give Jordan a hug who in return hugged her back. I honestly don't know how I was keeping myself under control because I wanted to rip both their throats out.

Growling angrily, I turned to Léo, "escort me home." We both transformed into our wolves and he led me in the direction of the pack house. I ran upstairs into my room with my body still shaking and went to take a quick shower. I put my hair in a ponytail and wore an oversized t-shirt dress and went downstairs to wait for them.

To say I wasn't broken would be an understatement because my heart was shattered and my body wouldn't stop shaking because the anger I was feeling. I wanted to cry but then neither Jordan nor Elisa deserved my tears. If Leticia was in control, she would have locked herself up in her room crying a river. To stop my body from shaking, I needed the help of Doctor Nat because the last time it happened back in my uncle's pack, their pack doctor injected me with a bloody substance before it gradually ceased.

Jordan was the one driving and he parked in front of the pack house. Lex, Ines, and Ash got out of the back seat and Vince who was sitting in the front seat next to Jordan got out. Vince and Ines I assumed left to go home because they didn't approach the pack house. I honestly was surprised to not see Elisa with them.

"It's such a relieve to see that you didn't get hurt," I told Lex.

"Yeah, all the intense training paid off." She gave me a pained smiled.

"Beta I need to speak to you so please kindly follow me," I spoke to Ash who nodded in response.

Jordan grabbed my wrist and although I wanted to yell and kick him so bad I maintained my composure. "Can we please talk right now"? he asked. I guess he told Ash to leave us alone because he and his mate went inside the house.

Forcing the words to leave my mouth, I replied,"Alpha, I don't think we have words to say to each other. You made your choice and I acknowledge and respect that."

"Let me explain and stop being formal with me, I'm your mate." I let out an angry laugh.

"You don't deserve to call me your mate. I was right in front of you but you chose to hug that witch over me. Jordan after all that she did to you, you still went back to her like a puppy. She killed my uncle but yet you still went ahead to hug her. Like I said earlier, stay away from me forever Alpha because you disgust me." I yanked my wrist from his hold and went to find Ash in the house who followed me to my room.

I sat comfortably on my bed as he stood since he denied my request for him to sit. "How do you break a mating bond?"

He looked at me like I was out of my mind. "What do you mean."

"Can you just answer the question."

"You want to break the mating bond between you and the Alpha?" He questioned.

"Beta, I didn't bring you here to interrogate me, answer the question you are asked," I told him.

He took a deep breath and proceeded to reply, "breaking the mate bond between an average wolf is possible but for you and the Alpha, it's impossible."

"You have me confused, explain further."

"I mean since you have been inducted into the pack as the Luna and your blood and the that of the Alpha's have been in contact, it's no longer possible for you to break the mate bond." They must seriously be out of their minds because I'm not going to stay mated to a guy who obviously wants someone else.

"So you mean to tell me that it would have been possible for me to break the mate bond if I wasn't inducted into the pack," I asked and he nodded. "That means I'm stuck with Jordan for life," I said and he nodded again.

There was silence for some time before he spoke up, "Remember the prophecy that came before you were finally inducted," I nodded (at the touch of the true bloods, the innocent shall become the victim of all evil and the pathway to his annihilation) but that has nothing to do with what is happening right now. "I believe it's taking place. Yes, the Alpha has hurt you deeply but that doesn't mean you should leave his side. If you ask me, now is the time he needs you the most because once you leave, Elisa will take control and imprison him again. All she wants is power and believe me if killing the Alpha is what will get her that, she wouldn't think twice about doing it."

It was all too much to digest, "I heard you, you can leave now." Ash bowed and left. Sitting there in an empty room, this was all too much for me to handle and to think there were females out there who desperately wanted to be mated to Jordan I chuckled thinking about Edna and Cathy. What wrong did I do in my past life to deserve this hardship in what's supposed to be the best love story a girl could ever wish for.

I left to go to Doc Nat's office to help stop my shaking body. I was walking down the long hallway all by myself when Jordan appeared behind me. "Shay hear me out." I kept walking, making up my mind to ignore him until he left me alone. It was pretty late and I wasn't sure if Doc Nat was going to be there but I went regardless. Unfortunately, he wasn't there so I mind linked him and he said he would be there in about thirty minutes.

Taking a seat in front of his office, Jordan sat next to me and even though he tried to talk to me he was met with silence. The pack doctor came and opened his door for me. "What may I help you with Luna." He asked.

"Please stop the shaking," I replied and he looked at Jordan and me.

"The Alpha could have helped you with that," he stated and he was slowly starting to irritate me, yes I knew he could help me but I came to him for a reason.

"Just like you said, he's the Alpha and not the pack doctor and I would rather have you treat me than him so do your job," I stated and he only nodded and went to get a syringe which already contained that bloody substance. He injected me with it.

As I got up to leave he asked, "Why have you taken over?"

I looked at him with a frown, who does he think he is to get involved in our business. "good night Doctor Nat." I said and left his office with Jordan still behind me.

"Shay can you just hear me out, I'm sorry," he said but I still kept walking. Out of nowhere he grabbed me and pinned me against the wall. A growl left my throat and he stood there studying my face. "Please stop giving me the silent treatment, it's killing me." He spoke miserably.

"Thank goodness you feel that way Alpha," I replied trying to escape his hold, but I couldn't. "Let me go."

"Not until you stop giving me the silent treatment."

There was nothing left to say to him and although I tried to wiggle my way out of his hold it was impossible. "After all the arguments we had, we still found a way back to each other like any other couple. You told me you would never love me and it hurt but I still stood by your side thinking everything was going to be great someday but what you did today made everything clear. My mate was never mine, to begin with, and finding out that I'm stuck with you for life doesn't help my situation at all. I am broken Jordan, my heart hurts soo bad and it feels like pins stabbing my heart every damn second." He had freed me and I was on the floor crying uncontrollably.

Everything sucked and all I wanted to do was die to end it all but thinking back to what Ash told me, I needed to stay by his side and in order to do that I had to stay alive. Jordan knelt in front of me trying to comfort me "Don't touch me." I snapped and got up to leave.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. I could tell he truly was sorry but at this moment, sorry couldn't fix anything. I honestly didn't know if our relationship could be fixed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6M 231K 32
Lily Crawford was once loved and treasured by her whole pack but that stopped on her 14th birthday when she didn't shift like she was supposed to. In...
750K 32.8K 50
*BOOK NINE* (Can be read as standalone) "My Fate is a curse. I didn't ask to be a slave of an immortal. I didn't ask for his branding. And I didn't a...
388K 4.4K 7
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 4 of the "My Mate......" series Ryker Storm is the alpha of the Alpha is the Moonlit Oasis Pack...
1.1M 45K 50
*BOOK ELEVEN* (Can be read as standalone) "There's a problem with your theory," he murmurs, the touch of his fingers down my jawline, down my neck, a...