Beating You

By Lilohorse

If you mentioned Ally Scythe to someone, they'd say one of three things. 1) That girl can skate. 2) Doesn't s... More

Beating You
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Cooper POV)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Victor's POV bonus chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 David's POV bonus chapter
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (Clara's POV bonus Chapter)
Chapter 28 (Cooper POV)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Josh POV)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 9 (Cooper POV)

196K 4.6K 487
By Lilohorse

Hi everyone! I had a lot of messages and comments from people asking for a point of view from Cooper :) I wasn't going to do it at first but I decided to write it out and it seemed to work :) It's kind of a bonus chapter but still goes through the story, the next chapter will be Ally again :) I would just like to thank you all so much for reading. we're #13 on teen fiction! Anyway, please comment any ideas and what you think and don't forget to vote if you like it! :) Cooper! ------>

Chapter 9: Cooper's POV for those that asked J

"Coop!" I had been sat with my legs up on the sofa and watching the TV when Josh burst through the door with his jeans low on his hips. Why does he always seem to be half naked?

"Josh, there's these things, they feel quite soft actually, they're called clothes, ever heard of them?" Josh shot me a look and then leaned on our doorframe.

"Very funny, smart ass, I was going to ask if you wanted to have Sally over tonight," he reasoned, looking at me with a hopeful expression.

I sighed, running my hand down my face. "For the last time man, her name is Ally!" I exclaimed, stretching out and sitting up.

"Oh yeah, well, do you want her over or not?" I raised an eyebrow, why would he want me to have Ally round? He normally wants me out.

I watched him as he walked to the table, picked up a shirt and pulled it on, not even checking if it was his or not. I knew it wasn't mine, I only stay here a few days a week and I prefer to keep my stuff clean in my room. However, it definitely wasn't his either so it must've been Dale's.

"Why do you want me to have her over?" I asked whilst standing up. Josh looked over, almost timidly. He scuffed his foot on the floor and then sighed.

"I'm having Layla over tonight and I don't want her to be the only chick here, she might feel... I don't know, uncomfortable," he shrugged. I raised both of my eyebrows. I couldn't believe that he was serious. I was sat in front of the biggest player I knew and he was telling me that he wanted to have a girl round for the third time and he wanted her to be comfortable. I was actually lost for words.

"What happened to no sloppy seconds?" I inquired, resting my elbows on my knees and giving him one of my winning grins. His face didn't flush but he did throw a ball of paper at me before smirking which I cleverly dodged.

"This isn't seconds, this is fourths," he announced proudly.

"When did you see her for the fourth time?" He walked over and dropped into the armchair in the far corner and rested his head back, closing his eyes.

"Well, I saw her last night and took her out this morning."

Again, I was dumbstruck.

"Wow, you're really serious about her then?" He nodded, then opened his eye a slit and looked at me.

"So, are you bringing Ally tonight?" He asked hopefully. I nodded, picking up my jacket from beside me and slipping my arms into it. It still smelt of her citrus scent a little which surprised me considering that I lived in a toxic waste land.

"Yep, I'll go and meet her at the shop."

Now it was Josh's turn to look amazed.

"You're finally over Lara then?" I winced. The last time I had been out with Lara I had gone to her house and found her with another guy. I dumped her but was low about it for weeks; I haven't had a serious relationship since.

"Definitely," I nodded whilst shoving my hand down the side of the sofa to look for my keys.

It didn't take long for me to realise that Josh was watching me.

"You like this Ally girl then?" I nodded. We hadn't really spoken about girlfriends for a while, it had been a bad topic for me because of Lara and I couldn't remember the last time that Josh actually had a girlfriend. Dale was always going on about his though; he was completely and utterly whipped.

"A lot," my answer was firm and Josh grinned.

"I suggest going and getting her then, Layla's going to be here in about half an hour."

I didn't need to be told twice. I was happy for him with Layla but didn't really like her myself, she didn't treat Ally with enough respect and I hoped that she wouldn't treat Josh the same way.

I strolled outside, putting my arm in front of my eyes to shield them from the glaring sun and climbed into my car. It didn't take long for my parents to call the tow company so my Dad could take a look at the engine and sort it out so my baby was pretty much as good as new. Well, not exactly new but at least it was working again.

I started the car and it roared into life after only two turns of the key and then set off for the shop. It wasn't actually far from where we all lived so picking her up wouldn't take long.

When I pulled up outside the shop, it looked empty and closed so I looked at the clock on my phone to check. Her shift wasn't supposed to end for another half hour, I didn't know where she was but I refrained from calling her in case she was doing something important.

I was just about to drive over to the pavilion when an old bug car pulled up to the kerb and inside was Ally, with the old lady that owned the shop. I smiled at her and she gave me a little wave.

I watched her get out of the car and I looked over her perfect figure and beautiful face. She had an element of grace wherever she moved and seemed to bring the light to a room when she smiled.

"Hey, I'll just help Miss Holdana inside and I'll be right with you," she said softly, kissing my cheek on the way past. She held the door open for me and I followed them inside, deciding to wait for her by the desk.

The shop itself seemed quite homey and a quiet place to work but Ally had told me that it was what she liked most, how peaceful it was.

"I forgot to ask you something," I said quietly whilst wrapping my arms around her. She smiled leaning against me a little.

"What was that?"

"Well, Josh is having Layla round tonight for a film and Dale and I feel a bit left out so I was wondering if you wanted to come and watch it with us?" She nodded happily and I grinned, putting my arm around her waist and leading her out to the car.

When I was about to pull her in for a kiss when she adjusted the way she was stood so that my hands couldn't touch her back properly. I didn't understand why she was so adamant against me looking at her injury; I just wanted to make sure it wasn't too severe. It was a bit suspicious, the way she always seemed to panic whenever I got too close to it but I hated the way she winced when I accidently skimmed it.

I kept my hands on her waist and she happily gave me a kiss before clambering through the window of my car. I laughed before getting into my side.

"You have no idea how many times I have tried to climb out of Layla's car window!" She laughed, causing me to laugh with her.

"I would've liked to see her face when you did!" She grinned, moving her hand forward to turn over the radio station whilst I attempted to start the car.

"So where were you?" I asked casually when I finally had it up and running. It wasn't exactly a smooth ride but it wasn't as bad as the first time she took a ride in my car, which was just embarrassing.

"Oh, I was in the Pavilion with Miss Holdana, she was watching me skate," she replied with a chirpy tone to her voice, she smiled at me before looking back out of the window.

We drove most of the way back in silence, well it wasn't silence, it was mostly the radio but it was nice either way.

When we pulled up I saw Layla's car which was parked outside, shining and sunbathing by the kerb. It was quite a posh car but not something that I would buy or drive, I preferred the classics.

When we got outside the flat I could hear a Dale and Josh arguing, I had no idea what about but I guessed that it probably had something to do with the shirt that Josh 'borrowed' from Dale.

"What do you think all the yelling is about?" Ally whispered, I looked back at her and gave her a quick kiss before letting her in and walking through to the living room, preparing to play referee.

When I got in there I saw Layla sat on the couch playing with her nails and Josh was in the middle of the room pointing at what looked like an animal carry case.

"What's going on?" I asked, my voice was loud, causing them both to turn around and look at me. I felt Ally's hand on my shoulder as she slid past me to sit next to Layla.

"Dale has brought Richard here!" Josh whined, I didn't really see the problem with it and I was about to answer when Ally spoke up.

"Richard?" Dale blushed and looked down at his feet before laughing and meeting her eyes again.

"My cat," he answered and I couldn't stop the smile spreading across my face.

"Your cat is called Richard?" She clarified and Dale nodded, totally unashamed of his unoriginally named cat.

"Yep, don't judge, I was five and loved Cliff Richard," he shrugged as if it was no big deal and Ally laughed.

"And you didn't think to call it Cliff?" She asked.

"No! That would just be weird!" He winked and then turned back to Josh who still didn't look happy about the living situation. "I pay half the rent as well, so... Richard stays." He announced.

After we let Richard have a roam around we all sat down. Josh and Layla took the armchair and the rest of us took the sofa. Everyone had agreed on watching Inception, which according to Layla was the perfect balance of boy and girl films. Nobody argued with her so we just stuck to watching that.

I slung my arm around Ally's shoulders and pulled her close to my side, feeling the warmth of her next to me relaxed me as I watched the film for probably about the millionth time.

Halfway through Dale got up and ordered us all a pizza with a large bottle of coke so we were all too concentrated on the food to even bother watching the film anymore.

"How about a game of spin the bottle?" Layla asked with a mischievous grin once we had emptied the plastic bottle of coke. Ally stiffened next to me and I didn't really want to play either but the rest of them seemed pretty keen for a game.

"No kissing though," Ally interjected, earning a sigh from Layla but Josh agreed with Ally, so did I and Dale so we all played without any kissing, just plain truth or date. I hoped that Lara wasn't bought up; I hadn't had the awkward ex's chat with Ally yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 254 32
A Lifestyle with Tom Felton. You may change the I's to your name and make the story feel special to yourself, this is my point of view. May you enjo...
20.9K 477 17
You are a FNaF fanatic! You have played all the games, read all the books, watched everything on YouTube regarding this game. Then your friend gets...
4M 87.1K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

309K 7.7K 112
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...