The Classmate Series(BOOK I):...

By Epiphany2502

Highest Ranking: #12 in ChickLit (27th December'16) *** Leah Hastings has an epiphany when she sees... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Make her watch porn but she will still sit with a serious face.
Chapter Two: He can go fuck a cactus, for all I care.
Chapter Three: After all these years I still love him.
Chapter Four: The higher the heels, the happier you are.
Chapter Five: He had always been a chivalrous man to me.
Chapter Six: Thanks for offering a seat in my own cabin, cunt.
Chapter Seven: I might as well resign now.
Chapter Eight: A story is like the Titan Atlas.
Chapter Nine: Was he asking for a threesome with me and Matt?
Chapter Ten: I feel weak
Chapter Eleven: Ex-Girlfriend#1, Ex-Girlfriend#2 & Enemy#1
Chapter Twelve: I had to deal with a gigantic coconut and a stupid tree.
Chapter Thirteen: Sebastian's position will be in question.
Chapter Fourteen: What is bound to happen; will happen.
Chapter Fifteen: I should have auditioned for Alison DiLaurentis.
Chapter Sixteen: Sebastian was my first love.
Chapter Seventeen: I will google 'how to win your love back'.
Chapter Eighteen: Your time starts now.
Chapter Nineteen: You are my one true love, Beth Rogers.
Chapter Twenty: Karma is a girl - she likes Sebastian.
Chapter Twenty-One Part II
#1
Chapter Twenty-Two: I was checking out my boss in front of my ex-boss.
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Undigested Caesar's Salad.
Book II
Another Series

Chapter Twenty-One: From Ivory

2.3K 86 7
By Epiphany2502

c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e 

f r o m i v o r y

***

I was sweating rivers in the air-conditioned car – Aaron had taken it as his duty to drive me to the party, even though I didn't want him to. Aaron was looking quite handsome in his light blue shirt, tucked in smart black pants. He had shown up earlier with orchids at my door and we had a chat before leaving for the party.

I voiced out a sudden question that came to my mind, 'Hey Aaron? Who told you that I like orchids?'

Aaron smiled before answering, 'What makes you think that somebody must have told me?'

'Aaron.'

Aaron sighed, 'Okay, fine. Somebody suggested that I should bring orchids, because you love them.'

'And who is that somebody?'

'I don't tell on my informants.'

I rolled my eyes. 'Sebastian?'

'What?'

'Was it Sebastian?'

'No,' Aaron said, and I felt my chest deflating, 'Beth.'

'Oh.' Of course, it would be Beth. Why would Sebastian tell Aaron about my stupid choice in flowers? Bet you million dollars, Sebastian didn't even remember what my favourite flowers were.

'Yo Leah?' Sebastian called out as I hid a drag in my drawer. I opened the door to let him inside my room – my mom and dad had taken Ivory out for birthday shopping.

'Hey, how was your day?' I asked, trying not to be awkward as if I had been just caught smoking. However, Sebastian narrowed his eyes at me.

He stretched out his hand in front of me and I sighed. I went back to the cupboard and brought out the cigarette from my drawer. I put it back in his hand, not looking him in the eye.

'The next time I catch you smoking just because your parents are being shitty again, I will burn all your books.'

'Oh, I am so scared.' I said, feigning a scared look. Sebastian rolled his eyes and stretched out another hand. I raised an eyebrow at him.

'Your punishment for smoking is that you buy dinner for us tonight. C'mon, cough up and I will order Italian.'

I rolled my eyes and took some notes out from my pocket and thrust it in his hand.

After eating Sebastian's favourites consisting of a whole lot of bruschetta, Caprese salad, carpaccio and steak tartare, we were heading towards his house. Sebastian had a tendency of ordering food enough to feed a bunch of sharks, just when I was paying.

'Walk fast sloth.' Of course Sebastian, ever the athletic one, was walking faster than me. When we reached his room, the familiar scent of socks, rotten pizzas and soda greeted us. My lungs went into dormancy every time I went into his room.

'I got this for you.' Sebastian said brightly and pointed to an orchid plant sitting on the window pane.

'You remembered?' I grinned.

'Of course,' Sebastian said briskly, 'Happy birthday, Leah.'

'Were you listening to anything what I said in the past few minutes?' I heard Aaron's voice and looked at him giving him a blank look.

'No, sorry, I just remembered something.'

'It is okay,' Aaron said.

I was going to ask him what he was telling me earlier but we reached the lavish hotel. Okay, I am so not ready for this.

-

I asked the bartender to get another round of gin – the image of Beth and Sebastian entering the party together had not left my mind. And the fact that Beth, Sebastian and Aaron seemed to get along very well irked me even more. I didn't mean to intrude in their friendship or something but it would have been nice if Aaron would have cared to invite 'his date for the night.'

And Ivory being the perfect daughter didn't help either. She was dressed in a gold sequined dress and was talking to the guests.

I pushed my empty glass towards the bartender asking for another refill.

No wonder, my parents are proud of Ivory. At least, she is not like their first daughter who is lonely and drinks like a little suck-up bitch. Ivory is pretty, poised and mature – some things which I am not.

I looked at Sebastian, laughing to a joke that Aaron might have made. I looked at Ivory, talking to Mr. Trent, who had his eyes on everything but Ivory's face. Pervert.

I stood up to give him a piece of my mind but the person I was dreading to meet, stood in front of me.

'Hello, Leah.' My mother said, 'How are you?'

'I am very well, thank you.' I said, in an equally sophisticated manner, 'How are you?'

She wrinkled her nose when she realised that I had been drinking gin.

'You need to cut that down in a party.'

'Yes, I am sorry.' I said. No matter how much I wanted to snap at her or roll my eyes, it was her anniversary. The least I could do was not be a problem in her life anymore. My mother looked surprised too, at my straight answers.

'I'd like to have a chat sometime tomorrow, if that is okay?'

'Okay. I will check my schedule and let you know.' I said, wanting another gin. 'A very happy wedding anniversary to you'

'Thank you. Be there by my side when they cut the cake, will you?'

I nodded and she left. I looked at Ivory, who was staring at me like I'd asked for her kidney. I rolled my eyes at her and decided to go to the restroom to freshen up. I was sure I looked like a wreck now.

'Hello sis not looking very good today, are you?' Ivory said, following me inside the restroom. She pats her curled hair and takes out her mascara from her clutch.

'How could I, when the most beautiful girl in the world is standing in front of me?' I said, feigning a disappointed look. Ivory huffed.

'That is true, sis. But I didn't mean that. How does it feel like to be left alone?' Ivory asks, smirking.

She hit the bull's eye right there.

'Life changing experience, I must say. Now if you'll excuse me,' I replied, trying to walk past her but she caught my hand, her nails digging in my skin. Dang that bitch and her Ursula nails!

'Yeah, did I hit a nerve there? Oh Miss Popular Leah Hastings, surrounded by her band of idiots in high school has no one to turn to now. Sitting alone while three of her ex-classmates sit together! I think you got the message quite bright and clear, sis – nobody wants you.'

'Bless my ears! Did I just hear Goddess Ivory giving away a shitty piece of her thoughts, who nobody cares about?' It's been a lot of years but I could still recognize the voice anywhere – Jessica.

A girl with short blonde hair stepped in and Ivory's face instantly paled. No matter how much Ivory loathed Jessica, she feared her. I would be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated by Jess, the first time I met her. And the funny thing was that Jessica was intimidated by me too, after we first met.

'Jessica?' Ivory asked, unsure.

'One and only,' Jessica said, blowing a kiss at Ivory. 'Now as decently as I can put this – get out, bitch.'

Ivory flared up at once, but before she could say anything, Jess cut her off, 'Cute dress by the way, shows off your pot belly really nicely.'

And with that, a conscious Ivory left us alone.

'Now, am I going to get a hug or what?' Jessica says and I laugh before hugging her.

-

'Will, this is Leah,' Jessica said, introducing me to a man in a well-groomed suit, 'And Leah this is William Carter, my husband.'

'Oh. Hi, nice to meet you!' I said, mildly surprised that Jessica was married. That girl had plans of world denomination and swore she'd never marry.

'Nice to meet you, too. I am going to leave you two ladies to catch up, excuse me.' He pecked Jessica and left. He had a mild accent.

After he left, I raised an eyebrow at her.

'Okay, don't look at me like that. We got married seven months ago, after we met in a club.'

'Wow, cliché.'

'Shut up. You tell me what's going on in your life – over a drink. Let's go.'

Before we could go, everybody started gathering around the huge square table with a huge ass cake on it. But one thing that caught my eye was 'from Ivory' written on the cake in blue icing. And judging by the looks of everyone, they saw it too.

I decided that I didn't want to be a part of this, anymore.

Not like my presence was making any difference anyway.

And I walked off, Jessica close on my tail.

Jessica sat in the car with me, as I drove towards my home. On the way, Jessica called her husband to let him know that she would be staying the night with me and to update her about what was happening in the party.

Jessica didn't utter a word until we reached my place.

'Your home is really cool. You always wanted this.'

I didn't say anything. I just walked into the kitchen to make her something to eat. But Jess being Jess, found some vodka and opened it.

Jessica tries getting Dean, my husky's attention, but he runs off to my room. He loved only me, ha!

-

'You know you can talk to me. Vent it out.' Jessica finally says but I roll my eyes.

'It's nothing.'

'Oh my god, don't you understand? Keeping things to yourself will make you a whiny bitch.' Jessica says, getting angry. 'We will play a game.'

'No.'

'Don't you trust me?'

'No.'

'So in the game, I say a thing that I am keeping from the others and you do, too. No questions will be asked. Okay?'

'No.'

'So, I wanted to go into Arts but my parents forced me to do Law and those years were hell for me. I even tried to suicide once, after I failed my exams.'

Before I could ask her anything, she raised a hand, 'No questions. Your turn.'

I took a deep breath before answering, 'I felt lonely in my university days, I had absolutely zero friends and sometimes, it did make me sad but I figured it was for the best. I wanted to achieve everything I wanted from my life – money, success and an independent life. But now I feel empty because I have nobody around me. I forgot what it feels like to be loved anymore. My heart has just frozen in one corner of my body. And it is all my fault, I ran behind money and success and I forgot about the vital aspects of life – love and care.'

Jessica nods, as I feel my eyes getting moist. But I blink my tears away.

'I was really jealous of every person, who was pursuing their dreams. Unlike me, dying in a hellhole! I really hated my parents for destroying my life just because they thought more of the society and their status, more than my choices and dreams.'

Jessica sips from the vodka bottle.

'Today, when I saw Beth, Aaron and Sebastian laughing and talking together like old friends, I wasn't jealous. I was hurt because I would never be like them. I guess, I destroyed my friendships and only chance at love.'

Jessica takes a deep breath before continuing, 'I don't love Will. I am still in love with Nicholas.'

I looked at her blankly and the next thing that came from my mouth was purely the gin answering for me, 'I love Sebastian, even though I never wanted to.'

***

It's been a while, ha. This has to be my favourite chapter till date because I absolutely loved writing the Jessica and Leah part. It reminds me of my friendship with my best-friend. 

Tell me how you guys find this chapter! 

Ashley Benson as Jessica Carter. I totally heart Ashley <3 The next update will probably be in a day or two (if I feel like writing, that is) because I am free for almost a month now, yay life. 

Vote and Comment // i love you guys. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 9.1K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
173K 5.3K 30
|||| COMPLETED |||| Highest rank on what's hot list: #2- heartbreak #2- betrayal #2- billionaire #2- relationships #6- lovestory #13- love #27- se...
155K 6.2K 80
#6 in BOOKS and #33 in CHICKLIT(highest ranking )---- Jessie is hopeless about finding love, after asking out the fourteenth guy she had a crush on...
52.6K 3.2K 58
Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role and be the leading lady. She's the type...