Life After Him *Discontinued*

By _Tough_Love_

Nathaniel Derek Hunter is the son of Rosalind Marie Hunter, Luna of the Moon Lake Pack, Niece of the Moon God... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 13

1.7K 66 0
By _Tough_Love_

Nathaniel's Point of View:

"We need to talk."

His body immediately stiffens, his whole demeanor guarded.

"Talk? What about?" He asks calmly.

"Why were you out in the field with Summer and Jordan speaking with a rouge?"

"What are you talking about?" He tries to remain calm but i've gotten good at reading people over the years. It's pretty easy to read the fear being held inside of his eyes.

"You know what i'm talking about. Drop the act." I sternly speak.

"Listen, I am your alpha and you will speak to me with respect. Do you understand?" He becomes infuriated.

"Respect is earned. Not given." Lucy shrugs.

"I will not allow this! Who-"

"Stop trying to stray away from the subject. You and I both know what it is that you are trying to hide. It's either you come out clean, or I take it out of you. I suggest you come out clean. I'm not looking forward to getting my hands dirty with you." I cut him off.

"Now tell us, who was that rouge that you were talking to in the field?"

"I wasn't in any field! Don't you get it! It's not me! I don't know what you saw but it wasn't me! Do you not understand that?!" He shouts.

"The scent was yours. Summer's scent was herss. Jordan's scent was his. Stop denying the facts. We were there. This isn't a game." Speaks Melissa.

"Are you planning to take down the pack?" Asks aunt Scout. He looks at her puzzled.

"Tell me who in their goddamn mind would try and take down their own pack." He sneers.

"Hmm.. I don't know... someone who isn't right in the head. You were captured and kept for over 12 years. How can we trust that you didn't change your loyalty? How can we trust that you are still you? How can we trust that they aren't here right now waiting for something to happen just to have a motive to attack our pack?" Questions Lucy.

"Why is Lucinda involved in this? I don't need my only daughter turning against me." He raises his voice.

"Well for starters, she was the first to discover your odd behavior so she has right to be here. Now, were done answering your questions. You need to start talking and answer ours. What are you planning?" I retort.

"I'm not planning anything! All of you need to back off!" He shouts.

"Listen, I don't care who you are. If I have to use force against you to get you to answer our questions you better believe I will do it in the blink of an eye so I suggest you start talking."

"Fine! You want answers?! You'll get them! What am I planning?! I'm planning on keeping this pack alive! Why was I in the field with Summer, Jordan, and the rouge Phillip? Because he was keeping us informed on the state of the pack we just came from! They want us to return and if we don't do as they say they have threatened to bring war! Are you happy now?!" He explodes. His face is contorted in red anger.

"What is going on down here?!" My mother yells looking accusatory at Lucian and I.

"Nothing that concerns you." I reply.

"Nathaniel! I thought you were better than this! Seriously?! You're confronting Lucian?! Since when is this a thing? Is it something you looked forward to this entire time? Seriously, you don't understand how frustrated I am with you at this moment." She pauses and looks around the room.

"You involved Lucinda and Melissa too?! What is happening to you? Ever since you left to look for your mate you've changed! I don't like it. Not one bit. I thought I raised you better than this." She glares at me.

Seriously? She doesn't even know what this is about and is jumping in defending her mate without any sort of explanation.

"Rosalind I suggest you stop while you're at it. This wasn't his fault and he didn't start it. If you're going to blame anyone you can go ahead and blame me. Shout at me. But leave Nathaniel out of it. He did what I asked him to along with Lucy and Melissa. Honestly, next time you should stop and listen before you speak and defend Lucian. I understand he's your mate but you need to take into consideration the 12 years he hasn't been here. You can't expect us all to simply trust him full on after that large amount of time he's been gone. Seriously, take in the words of your pack members. You know Nathaniel. Do you seriously think he would do anything to hurt your happiness? Think about it." Speaks Aunt Scout. My mother opens and closes her mouth at a loss for words and Scout walks our clearly irritated with her own twin sister.

"His pack has threatened a war on us mother. I suggest you get all your facts straight before you go on accusing and yelling at the wrong person. Seriously, your mate is not all that innocent. And before you say anything, neither is mine. If I were you I wouldn't trust any of them." I say sternly and motion for Lucy and Melissa to follow me. I've had enough for tonight.

Melissa, Lucy, and I walk silently into the woods and in the direction of the lake. As we near it I begin walking the opposite direction of where it is.

"Where are we going?" Asks Lucy looking puzzled.

"To a cave. I'd rather spend the night in wolf form to calm down. I thought I could use you guy's company for a little while. You don't have to come if you don't want to." I say looking at her and then at Melissa.

"Don't worry. We'll both keep you company. In fact we'll even spend the night right Melissa?" Questions Lucy.

Melissa gives her a soft smile and replies. "Of course. Anything for my best friends."

I give them both a small smile and begin walking once again. About a good ten minutes later we find ourselves inside of the hidden cave. Melissa and I both shift behind a tree as Lucy waits for us inside the cave. Once we are both shifted we meet with Lucy inside the cave. We spend all night gazing up at the stars through the whole on top of the cave. Melissa and I sit side by side in wolf form as Lucy sits between the two of us in order to gain warmth from our bodies. She runs her hands through both of our furs and I quickly lick her cheek making her squeal.

"Gross Nat! Really?"

Melissa's eyes suddenly sparkle with mischief and she repeats my actions. Lucy huffs and glares at both of us crossing her arms and pouting.

"I hate you both." She mutters.

The rest of the night was spent like that. Eventually all of us fell asleep. Lucy between Melissa and I.

The next morning I was the first to awaken. Feeling mischievous I decided to wake up Melissa and Lucy. First Lucy. Honestly to wake her up is simple.

I quietly approached her and once I was close enough I licked her face. She quickly awoke slapping at her face in disgust which only led to me releasing a wolfy chuckle which probably sounded more like I was dying than anything. Next, Melissa. I motion for Lucy to quieten and she nods knowing what I'm about to do. As I approach Melissa I motion towards Lucy to jump on her. Understanding the message she does as told as I, mind you, release a very loud, deep, threatening growl.

She immediately jolts up and gets into a fighting stance which became hard to do as she couldn't get up because Lucy was holding her down. That's my sister everybody! After realizing that there was no threat, she glares at me and releases a playful growl. I quickly motion towards the woods indicating that i'm going to go shift. They both understand and Melissa does the same. After I shift, I quickly stretch and make my way to the cave. Lucy is waiting in front of it with a bored look on her face.

"Where's Melissa?" I ask her.

"Shifting. Duh." Yeah... Lucy Rodriguez is not a morning person... just thought I'd let you know.

I suddenly hear footsteps approaching accompanied by a frantic heartbeat. I turn around and come face to face with a panicked Melissa.

"Melissa, what's wrong? You okay?" I question seriously.

"Follow me." She says quickly. I motion at Lucy to follow us as well. We walk closer to the lake and when were near the tree that hides it from view I see a note. Melissa points at it afraid of going anywhere near it.

I quickly walk towards the note as Melissa walks and stands next to Lucy who has a curious look on her face. I pick up the stone holding the note down and stare in shock at the words in front of me. All blood quickly drains from my face. My body frozen in place. I read the lines over and over again hoping for them to disappear. They don't. I read them one last time before I crumble the paper and shove it in my pocket. The words are printed in my mind.

We told you this wasn't over. Say hello to everyone for us. You know what? Don't. Soon enough, I'll get the pleasure to do so myself.

-R.

They're coming. The rouges are coming back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 21.4K 37
*** I have published the first part of the rewrite, it is on my profile. Please give it a read unless you want to read this version...which is trash...
242 4 17
Kate is seventeen and she is in the blood moon pack the alpha is Dylan and he is eighteen and he's also looking for his mate. Dylan is possessive abo...
334K 9.9K 41
Sophia is eighteen years old werewolf and the second daughter of an Alpha. Being the last daughter she is next in throne as Alpha of Nightshade Moon...
399K 9.6K 33
I smell the scent again and look around and my eyes met his bright green ones my biggest bully the soon to be alpha of my pack. Lucifer Rossi oh god...