{ #2 } I Would Give Him The...

By Snape75

Black Moon Series Book #2 Warning: #Mature #Gay #Office This story is a prequel to I was shooting for the Moo... More

Preface
Characters
Pictures and Maps of places that inspired this story
Chapter 1 - Vacation!!!!
Chapter 2 - A New Start
Chapter 3 - Where Did My Blissful Vacation Go??
Chapter 4 - Electric Blue Eyes
Chapter 5 - Hasty Decision
Chapter 6 - The First Offer
Chapter 7 - Relaxing
Chapter 8 - First Day Alone
Chapter 9 - Teasing
Chapter 10 - The Invitation
Chapter 11 - Revelations...
Chapter 12 - Lonely Week
Chapter 13 - Manipulative
Chapter 14 - Resolutions
Chapter 15 - Wrong Move...
Chapter 16 - Being Experimental
Chapter 17 - Saving Private Liam
Chapter 18 - The Apology
Chapter 19 - Time To Talk
Chapter 20 - Have I Peed My Pants??
Chapter 21 - Open That Door!
Chapter 22 - The Black Diamond
Chapter 23 - Teasing Him Further...
Chapter 24 - Bliss
Chapter 25 - Compromising
Chapter 26 - The Contract
Chapter 27 - Let The Fun Begin!
Chapter 28 - More Training... More Perfection...
Chapter 29 - Time to Talk... And Talk...
Chapter 30 - A Last Round Before I Leave
Chapter 31 - Not The Best Idea
Chapter 32 - Things Don't Always Go As Planned
Chapter 33 - First Official Night
Chapter 34 - Edging
Chapter 35 - When The Cat's Away...
Chapter 36 - Is This Jealousy?
Chapter 37 - Rough Moment
Chapter 38 - Big Apple
Chapter 39 - Working In New York
Chapter 40 - Breaking Records...
Chapter 41 - So Lonely
Chapter 42 - Celebrations and Revelations
Chapter 43 - Time To Get Ready
Chapter 44 - First Public Performance
Chapter 45 - Where The Hell Is He?
Chapter 46 - Friends My Ass!
Chapter 47 - Bitter Sweet Return
Chapter 48 - Moving on...
Chapter 49 - Plotting...
Chapter 50 - Shitty Day!
Chapter 51 - The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 52 - What Have I Done?
Chapter 53 - This Is Not Me!!
Chapter 54 - This Is Not My Problem!
Chapter 55 - This Is Not Me (Either) !!
Chapter 56 - Time To Move On
Chapter 57 - Getting Him Back
Chapter 58 - Doldrums
Chapter 59 - Help... I Need Help...
Chapter 60 - From Oblivion To Determination
Chapter 61 - Cold Shower
Chapter 62 -Second Chances
Chapter 63 - You Are Mine!
Chapter 64 - A Bright Future
Chapter 65 - Nervous? Who's Nervous?
Chapter 67 - We Have A Problem
Chapter 68 - Risky Business
Chapter 69 - The Lifesaver
Chapter 70 - Hard Wakening
Chapter 71 - Sweet Care
Chapter 72 - Healing... Or Healed...
Chapter 73 - Barbecue Party
Chapter 74 - Secrets & Lies
Chapter 75 - Apologies
Chapter 76 - The Black Moon It Is !
Chapter 77 - Revelations
Chapter 78 - Slow Vs. Quick
Chapter 79 - Decisions, Decisions...
Chapter 80 - Unexpected Audience
Chapter 81 - Happy Ending?
Chapter 82 - Un Dernier Pour La Route*
Epilogue
Thanks / Info
The Black Moons Series Has More To Come

Chapter 66 - Taking Risks

26.8K 1.1K 488
By Snape75

(Liam's POV - Fri. 16 May 2014)

For the first time this week, I get out of the car absolutely carefree and completely happy. I don't give a damn about the looks I get from the people who see me get out of the boss's car and I don't even blush. I am just too damn happy to care anymore. And more importantly, I am exceedingly proud that I was able to lie to Joshua just a minute ago without him having any doubts when he proposed me to join him for lunch. Of course I intend to join him and Tony! But I certainly won't tell him and it will be a little surprise.

I do have a shit load of work but as he said, if we stay late enough in the office tonight, I will easily be able to catch up on what I have to do and going out for an hour shouldn't be too much of a problem. Maybe I should ask Allan first but I doubt that he will cause any problems if I tell him that I meet Joshua for lunch.

A couple of other guys that I don't know are waiting by the elevator and I patiently stand behind them before the doors finally slide open. The two other men press the eleventh and twelfth buttons, indicating that they work for the Pierce Works subsidiary, while I press the fifteenth. Just as the doors are about to close, someone jumps in and hits the seventeenth button. I discreetly glance up and see my worst professional nightmare smirk at me. Dominic. What the hell is he doing here? If he has a car, shouldn't he be taking the lift from the underground parking rather than the ground floor? He starts a brief conversation with the other men, complaining that his car broke down last night and that he had to use public transportation today. That provides me with an answer to my question and it makes me smile inwardly. Yes, I admit it. I might be a meanie for being delighted at someone's problems, but I certainly won't take pity on that man.

My light mood quickly fades away when the last of the two guys gets out on the twelfth floor, leaving me alone in the elevator with this homophobic dude. Thank God, he remains silent while I completely ignore his presence; however, when I get out on my floor, I do hear a whispered bye slut fag as the doors shut in my back. Enough is enough. The guy didn't even have the balls to tell me face to face and waited for the last second to spit out his insults. Honestly, I don't give a shit about what he thinks, but I doubt he would dare say the same to Joshua. The asshole is actually quite dumb. Does he really believe that I will keep this to myself forever and that I might not tell on him to my lover who happens to be his CEO?

I am a hundred percent sure that he knows about my relationship with Joshua, attracted as he is to gossips. The more I think about it, the more I believe that Derek is the one who started the rumors about Joshua and me a few weeks ago when he saw us in the coffee room. I wouldn't be surprised that Derek eavesdropped on us and told it to his fellow employee; and Dominic must have been the one spreading the rumor on all the floors. Now his attitude is really starting to get on my nerves and if I remember well, Elena and Ally told me that I should report him after he called me lady that day at the canteen. The girls guessed that it wasn't the first time that Dominic was making fun of me. I just don't know how I should do that. Should I tell Elena since she is HR? Should I tell Allan because he is my boss? Or should I tell Joshua directly?

Determined not to waste my time on this stupid guy for now and to make sure that I will concentrate on my work in order to be able to meet my lover for lunch, I put these thoughts aside and decide that I will think this over later this afternoon. Or I might simply tell Joshua over lunch. But for now, I'd rather spend my time usefully and surprise Joshua at noon. He looked pretty worried last night and I think that a little distraction at lunch will make him feel better, even if I would never pretend to be the solution to all his worries. He also seemed to really want me to join; his tone was almost begging and I admit that it makes me feel happy that I will be able to surprise him.

I noticed how he kept frowning and grunting while he was reading his emails yesterday and there was this short call he had with Allan during which he went to hide in his study. When he came back, his mood had slightly brightened but when I saw that he resumed his frowning and grunting after a few minutes, staring at the same page of the report he was reading, I just couldn't take it any longer and asked him what was wrong. Of course he avoided the subject and just admitted that he had some little issues at work. I totally understand that he wouldn't go into details; I no longer work with him and some things just don't concern me. It is not a question of trust - Joshua knows that I wouldn't repeat the confidential matters he could tell me - but I guess he didn't want to bother me with boring matters, like some difficulties with a customer or whatever else it was.

I had my own worries last night about the conversation I heard in the parking but I would have liked Joshua to share his worries with me for once. However, the situation quickly turned against me. Despite his own brooding, Joshua was perceptive enough to notice that I too was a bit fidgety. Maybe I should have told him about Dominic's phone conversation, but after a few seconds of thinking over, I decided that he seemed to already have enough worries on his mind and didn't want to add more stress about something that was probably not important. In the end, I'm glad that I could use his being late as a poor excuse for my quietness and the evening finished pretty well with more oral sex. It might not have been as relaxing or good as regular sex, but my other hole definitely needed a break after the rough session we had at the club the night before; besides, Joshua never lacked any fun ways to exert his dominance on me and my mouth, so it was just as fine.

By 11:30 this morning, I am done with printing and binding all the documentation related to a new project that I need to send to an important customer. I briefly review everything and head downstairs to bring the huge package to the receptionist so that she can pack it and send it by courier. She promises me that she will take care of it and I walk back to the elevators. I hop into the cabin, press number 15 and just when the doors are about to shut, someone jumps in and hits number 17, the one floor I hate. Now is this a joke? It definitely feels like a repeat of this morning...

I suppress a sigh of relief though when I realize that this is not Dominic this time. The man curtly nods and faces away from me; he is rather tall, very bulky and not dressed as most of the Finance guys. Within Finance, it seems like casual Friday doesn't exist and this man is dressed in jeans and a jumper. I wonder why he would go to the Finance department. He might be a new employee but I doubt; his features are vaguely familiar to me but I just can't remember where I saw him before, which is weird because I usually have a good memory of the faces I meet. The guy looks quite agitated so I huddle against a wall of the cabin and remain silent until we reach the fifteenth floor where I get out, mumbling a quick goodbye.

On my way back to my office, I stop by Allan's office and knock on his door, hoping I won't disturb him in a meeting. He beckons me to walk in with his usual warm smile.

"Hi Allan... hmm I just wanted to say that the documents for Barrows Industries are ready and that they will be couriered this afternoon..." I say hesitantly, thinking I should satisfy him first before I ask for a favor.

"Good job, Liam, that was quick! Thanks a lot!" Allan replies. "Will you be able to finish the presentation I need for Monday morning? I would really appreciate if I can have it by 5:30 or 6:00 tonight."

"Yeah, sure... It's almost ready too; I just need to make a few corrections before I send it to you," I respond confidently.

"Excellent! Is there anything else you wanted to ask?" he continues with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Hmm... yes... I was wondering... Would you mind if I take a longer break for lunch today? I promise the presentation will be done by tonight... and I can stay even later if necessary..."

"Liam, you don't need to ask. You already do more extra hours than most employees, so if you need a longer break, just take it..." he replies with a smug look.

"Thanks... I won't be too long..." I promise.

"Enjoy your lunch with Mister J, Liam..." he whispers, grinning at me.

"How did you know...?" I ask, feeling myself blush a little.

"That was easy to guess... and to be honest, a certain someone texted me to force you out of the office for lunch," he explains, chuckling. "I was actually about to go and tell you to leave."

"Really...?" I exclaim, surprised that Joshua contacted him.

"Just go, Liam, and enjoy!"

"Thanks..." I reply with a smile before I head back to the door. Before I walk out though, I turn around and look at my manager, biting my lips. "Oh Allan... Please just don't tell him I'm going there... I didn't confirm I was going to join him and Tony and I'd like to keep it a surprise..." I explain shyly.

"My lips are sealed..." he replies seriously, making a gesture of zipping his lips and winking at me.

I shake my head and quickly go back to my office to pick up my phone and throw my hoodie over my arm. The weather is not so great today and I might need it if the wind picks up or if it starts raining. I stop by Edna's office to wish her a nice lunch and let her know that I should be back by 1:30 the latest, then proceed to the elevator. I press the ground floor button and lean against the wall of the cabin, beginning my descent toward a good hour and a half of pleasure being with my lover. I don't mind Tony being with us and as long as I get to spend a bit of time with Joshua, I am fine with it. I remember the pleading text I got from him earlier this morning when he sent me the address of the restaurant; I only replied that I was drown into work and certainly wouldn't be able to make it. It will be a nice surprise for him I think.

The lift slows down and stops at the fourth floor, making me frown because there is nothing there. This is actually where Joshua and I had that unpleasant conversation last Friday... The doors slide open and an obviously angry and frustrated Dominic gets in, immediately turning around to face the entrance, knocking his fist against the ground floor button although it is already lit. I hear a door slam shut on the floor before the lift resumes it descent. As soon as we reach our destination, Dominic hurriedly gets out, grunting and clearly fuming. Well I'm glad that he didn't talk to me and I slowly step out too.

The staircase door suddenly swings open on my left side and the same man I met this morning barges out and takes a hasty pace across the hall and toward the exit of the building. His furious expression is almost frightening and the loud noise of the staircase door banging as it shuts makes me remember where I saw him. It was in New York... on that day I visited Barkins' new premises... he was the works foreman there... Kenny something, if I remember well... I only briefly met him at that time. My brain gets in turmoil and I suddenly remember that conversation I overheard in the staircase back then... I also recall how I ran away after I made some noise and revealed my presence. I really have a foreboding feeling about all this.

Could it be that this guy Kenny met up with Dominic on the fourth floor? As I quickly think this over, every piece of the jigsaw falls into place: Dominic's conversation yesterday evening with someone who wasn't supposed to visit him in the office; that works guy's presence and his visiting the seventeenth floor; Dominic being on an unused floor and a door slamming shut before those of the lift shut close on that same level; that guy again bursting out of the staircase a few seconds later; both men looking irritated... yeah, there's a fishy business going on here...

My curiosity is suddenly picked and I am extremely tempted to follow them to satisfy my need to know what this is all about, but then I think about Joshua and my surprise to meet him for lunch. I would really love to please him but wouldn't he like it too if I found out that something wrong is going on and was able to tell him? Besides it is not as if he were really expecting me and I was standing him up... I haven't confirmed that I would come and I know that Allan will keep his mouth shut. If I do find something out, he will understand... and if I don't, I can just tell him that I was too busy and we can put off our lunch to next week.

Determined, I shrug into my hoodie and hurriedly cross the hall before I walk out of the building and pull on the hood over my head. The realization and thinking over only took me but a few seconds and I can still see the Kenny guy marching away westward on Washington Street. Melting into the crowd of office employees going out for their lunch break, I try to remain unnoticed by staying far enough behind the guy, but he seems to be so concentrated on his goals that I doubt he would turn around and see me. He continues on Washington Boulevard and under the Olgivie Transportation Center. I almost miss getting run over by a car when it is my turn to cross North Canal Street, earning a few honks, but thankfully I don't lose sight of him. A few minutes later, I leave a little more distance between us as we cross the bridge over the Kennedy Expressway, because there are no buildings around here and less people to hide myself.

We then turn right on North Halsted Street and he soon disappears into some kind of pub. Discreetly peering through the windows, I see that he has unsurprisingly joined Dominic there. The room is filled with private little booths with rather high separations between each of them and quite crowded, but luckily enough, the one behind Dominic is free. Making sure that my hood is well pulled over my head and hiding most of my face, I walk to the entrance and hurry to make my way to the free booth and slip myself on the leather bench behind Dominic. A waitress immediately comes to take my order and I am grateful that I had slipped a ten dollar bill in my jeans pocket this morning because I don't even have my wallet. I order a large coffee, grab the newspaper that someone must have left earlier and open it so I don't look too suspicious while I wait for my order.

The two men behind me are talking but with the surrounding hubbub coming from both the close-by kitchen and the noisy customers, I can hardly decipher what they are talking about. Yet I can tell that their conversation is rather heated with the Kenny guy shouting a little louder than Dominic. As I sip on my coffee and feign reading the journal, I try to focus on their words and I catch a few sentences.

"I don't give a fuck Kenny, we're all in for it, if one falls, all..." - Dominic

"... must be a... to continue..." - Kenny

"... need to put everything on hold for now..." - Dominic

"I don't give a shit about what the boss says... my idea in the beginning... back to my solo business..." - Kenny

"... no evidence yet... keep low profile for a while... resume later... traffic..." - Dominic

So there is definitely something going on, obviously some trafficking, but I have no clue as to what exactly they deal with. There is a movement to my left and I see the works foreman heading to the bathrooms and Dominic remains silent. When he comes back a few minutes later, his eyes briefly lay on me but I duck my head and continue to read the newspaper, hoping he didn't pay attention to me. However, from then on, they only whisper and moments later, they both leave their booth and head out of the pub, completely oblivious to my presence. I watch them talk in front of the pub for a few seconds before they part ways; Dominic heads to the right and the other guy to the left. I walk out of the establishment and turn left, just in time to see Kenny turn left again in an alley.

My curiosity hasn't been fully satisfied yet. I fish out my phone from my pocket, ignore a text from Joshua, and see that it is barely 1:00 pm, so I still have a little time before I really need to head back to the office. The alley is empty when I walk in. Some cars are park at its end but it seems to be continuing to the left behind the old building. There are no signs of Kenny's presence and he might have turned left again, so I walk forward, skimming along the walls of the building on my left, my heart beating a bit faster as I get closer and closer to the bend.

My poor heart almost stops yet when I peek around the bend and find myself face to face with Dominic; an angry Dominic; a smirking Dominic; a scary Dominic. I feel my interior melt with fright when I realize that Kenny must have recognized me earlier when he came back from the restrooms and warned Dominic. I also notice that the alley is a circular one and that Dominic just took it the other way around. How could I be so stupid to fall into their trap? But where the hell is his accomplice? I didn't see him in the alley!!

Dominic is towering me but still a few feet away from me. Joshua's intensive training to running over the past few months has given me some strength, so maybe I could just turn around on my heels and run for life...? If only Dominic's dark and evil scowl would stop freezing me...

"I guess you were right, Ken... we did have a creepy stalker..." Dominic suddenly says, looking above my head. Before I even have time to understand what is going on and in how much trouble I am, I feel a huge pain at the nape of my neck and everything blacks out. The only sensation I have before I lose consciousness is that of my phone flying from my hand and that feeling that I am in deep trouble. Shit...

Published on 4 Dec 2016

If you guys don't remember what happened in NY, that was chapter 39.

Now to distract you from this evil cliffhanger, I have a question for you. Some of you may have noticed that I added a new story to my works. It is called the Dark Side Of The Moon. This is a spin-off to the series and will recount Jeremy's story. So, as several of you have guessed now, Jeremy won't reappear in this story. Once I have written Twisted Moon, I will obviously start the next story and my question is: which story would you rather read first:

-          292 Moons And More To Come (Aaron's story)

Or

-          The Dark Side Of The Moon (Jeremy's story)

I will go with my own logic and preference in the end, but I am curious to hear your thoughts :)

That said, enjoy the weekend and see you at the next update! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 15.2K 29
I look up at Todd's window and grimace when I see him gently pushing Jennifer into his room. So that's where he went. My stomach clenches painfully a...
3.7M 133K 94
Black Moon Series Book #3 Warning: #Mature #Gay #Triggering You shouldn't read this story before you have read at least I Would Give Him The Moon as...
1.9M 68.5K 25
Honestly, this book is my very first bxb book so it sucks. I suggest yall read my 2nd or 3rd one instead of the same series which are much more well...
51.2K 1.6K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...